Notices

CBB10 Celebrity Big Brother 10 on Channel 5, shown August 2012 was won by Julian Clary. Discuss here.

Old 26-08-2012, 10:56 AM #51

Favourites (more):
BB15: Ashleigh
BB13: Lauren

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dagger View Post
Oh I just read that Coleen doesn't think gays should be allowed to adopt.

Yeah, I have a reason for not really liking her now ha.
Thats hardly a fair comment is it?

You've read something, somewhere, at somestage?

No link, to video, no context, just a d*mning sweeping statement.
Old 26-08-2012, 11:04 AM #52
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefln View Post
Thats hardly a fair comment is it?

You've read something, somewhere, at somestage?

No link, to video, no context, just a d*mning sweeping statement.
For our own reasons, Black Dagger like myself does not care for Coleen in the CBB house, and maybe outside the house, but I don't think the gays adopting comment was meant to be taken literally though, probably more of a tongue in cheek comment to justify a dislike of Coleen in that house, no more than that.

If the comment does turns out to be true by Coleen, I wouldn't mind knowing her reasoning behind the comment though.

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown

Last edited by Suze; 26-08-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 11:05 AM #53

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Coleen's very egotistical, she probably went in thinking that she;d be the top dog amongst the females
That would be completely your opinion and based on no evidence what so ever.

In essence you have no clue as to her opinions, or motives, you've just made something up to make her sound bad.

Quote:
but doesn't like the fact that Julie's a more natural fit for the role which is why Coleen's tried to antagonise her at every opportunity.
Really? So the woman that has played both sides of every argument and spent a good deal of time b*tching behind the backs of some of her "loved ones", is a better fit?

Meanwhile the only one that Coleen seems to have a problem with is Julie, which steams from Julie's dislike of her.

Hardly d*mning evidence against Coleen, is it?

Quote:
Coleen plays a bit part in the house and you can just tell she hates it which is why she's trying everything to become more relevant hence the OTT reaction to being saved yesterday. She's failed to pour poison in people's ears about Julie so now she's going down the sympathy route.
Again...completely your opinion and in no way based on facts!

Why not give out about Julian who spent days going around complaining about how awful it was to be nominated?

For every bad reaction by person #A in the house, there is always a similar reaction by #B to compare it too.
Old 26-08-2012, 11:08 AM #54
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:

In essence you have no clue as to her opinions, or motives, you've just made something up to make her sound bad.

Really? So the woman that has played both sides of every argument and spent a good deal of time b*tching behind the backs of some of her "loved ones", is a better fit?

Meanwhile the only one that Coleen seems to have a problem with is Julie, which steams from Julie's dislike of her.

Why not give out about Julian who spent days going around complaining about how awful it was to be nominated?

For every bad reaction by person #A in the house, there is always a similar reaction by #B to compare it too.
Dezzy uses the word 'probably', straight off, not stating as fact, and of course they are Dezzy's opinions, aren't the posts we make on such forums as this always 'our' opinions, of which may I say we are entitled to.

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown

Last edited by Suze; 26-08-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 26-08-2012, 11:08 AM #55

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
For our own reasons, Black Dagger like myself does not care for Coleen in the CBB house, and maybe outside the house, but I don't think the gays adopting comment was meant to be taken literally though, probably more of a tongue in cheek comment to justify a dislike of Coleen in that house, no more than that.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Thats normal. However sweeping statements such as the one above deserve to be challenged. I like facts, I like evidence, our inclinations and passions change with each passing year...
Old 26-08-2012, 11:09 AM #56
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Thats normal. However sweeping statements such as the one above deserve to be challenged. I like facts, I like evidence, our inclinations and passions change with each passing year...
Why are you quoting my siggy?

Old 26-08-2012, 11:11 AM #57

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Dezzy uses the word 'probably', straight off, not stating as fact, and of course they are Dezzy's opinions, aren't the posts we make on such forums as this always 'our' opinions, of which may I say we are entitled to.
Let Dezzy speak themselves.

This is a forum, one point of view has been given, I'm challenging it. Thats how this works.
Old 26-08-2012, 11:13 AM #58
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Let Dezzy speak themselves.

This is a forum, one point of view has been given, I'm challenging it. Thats how this works.
Don't tell me what to do, if I wish to point out that another member was not stating something as fact of which you indicated they were, I will do so.

Old 26-08-2012, 11:15 AM #59

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Why are you quoting my siggy?
Because I found it quite apt.

A member made a statement about the opinions of a HM. I stated that evidence should be given, considering the nature of the comment, before everyone judges Coleen based on that members statement alone.

Your sig is the every nature of my argument. We need facts on what Coleen did, or didn't, say, before we can judge her for it!
Old 26-08-2012, 11:18 AM #60

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Don't tell me what to do, if I wish to point out that another member was not stating something as fact of which you indicated they were, I will do so.
I'm not telling you what to do! Not my intention at all. Just some friendly banter.
If you took offense, I apologise.

This is a forum, we all have opinions. Disagreeing and challenging is all part of the fun of it.
Old 26-08-2012, 11:19 AM #61
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Because I found it quite apt.

A member made a statement about the opinions of a HM. I stated that evidence should be given, considering the nature of the comment, before everyone judges Coleen based on that members statement alone.

Your sig is the every nature of my argument. We need facts on what Coleen did, or didn't, say, before we can judge her for it!
The way we judge all the housemates you mean even though we only have limited and edited pieces of the show shown. The whole point of BB is that we 'do' have to make our judgements of their characters on the limited bits we are shown, so in this instance that blows your theory out of the water, as we can only go on that, or how do you or others decide on a favouite and least favourite. If I were to look at the fave and least fave thread and see your least fave in that would I then be right to ask why you chose that housemate as your least favourite and to justify that then with facts?

Last edited by Suze; 26-08-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old 26-08-2012, 11:20 AM #62
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
I'm not telling you what to do! Not my intention at all. Just some friendly banter.
If you took offense, I apologise.

This is a forum, we all have opinions. Disagreeing and challenging is all part of the fun of it.
I haven't taken offence at all, I make my points on here, and hopefully quite reasonably.

Old 26-08-2012, 11:21 AM #63
ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

I've never been fond of Coleen.. she was always moaning and whining on Loose Women and shes doing the same in the house..

Spoiler:

Saph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 11:23 AM #64
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaphLiike View Post
I've never been fond of Coleen.. she was always moaning and whining on Loose Women and shes doing the same in the house..
And Coleen will probably still be moany and whiney when she is out that house, just as Natalie Cassidy carried on to be.

Old 26-08-2012, 11:28 AM #65

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I haven't taken offence at all, I make my points on here, and hopefully quite reasonably.
That would be my take on this too. This is just a bit of fun.
Old 26-08-2012, 11:38 AM #66

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The way we judge all the housemates you mean even though we only have limited and edited pieces of the show shown. The whole point of BB is that we 'do' have to make our judgements of their characters on the limited bits we are shown, so in this instance that blows your theory out of the water, as we can only go on that, or how do you or others decide on a favouite and least favourite. If I were to look at the fave and least fave thread and see your least fave in that would I then be right to ask why you chose that housemate as your least favourite and to justify that then with facts?
Completely true. We watch the HL's and pick our favourites. Thats how BB works, its all about our opinions.

However my question to Black Dagger, and your original reply to me:

Quote:
For our own reasons, Black Dagger like myself does not care for Coleen in the CBB house
was over a statement that Black Dagger had made about something that Coleen had said outside the house and that he/she had read. On Coleens opinions on Gay adoption rights. I simply objected to there being no backup to quite a d*mning statement.

Our opinions are multifaceted. In terms of the BB house, we make up our minds based on what we see and what we've read.

For example, a lot of people like Julie simply because she was on CS. And alot of people will dislike Danica because of what she does for a living. These things have nothing to do with the house, or what they do in it, but they are part of what gives us our opinions.

Making a statement that Coleen is against Gay adoption, without providing some sort of evidence, is inflammatory. Hence why I got involved.
Old 26-08-2012, 11:47 AM #67
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Black Dagger was 100% right though, Coleen Nolan clearly said on Loose Women in 2007, when they were discussing gay adoption that she thought, gay people should not adopt children, adding that, there was only so much she wanted to accept.Look under Coleen Nolan,controversies and it's easily found.

It's her opinions both inside and outside the house that make people who do, dislike her, even more of the housemates voted that she was a gossip in the house, she just cannot keep her nose out of things.

Last edited by joeysteele; 26-08-2012 at 11:49 AM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 11:49 AM #68

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Quote:

If the comment does turns out to be true by Coleen, I wouldn't mind knowing her reasoning behind the comment though.
Right on the nail, Gill.

I don't have any issue with Coleen, she's not even one of my 'disliked' I was expecting to really do a chuff and hate on her every-move but instead I've just been like meh. =)
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 11:49 AM #69

The "gay adoption" thing with Coleen was during an episode of Loose Women in 2007.

"There is only so much I want to accept,’ says Coleen when talking with Jane McDonald about gay adoption and Civil Partnerships. She felt that she had been a very good girl in accepting Civil Partnerships but that gay adoption was a step too far.

Her main reason (apart from being Catholic) seems to be that children would be embarrassed to introduce two mummies to her friends"

There are Google-able forum and blog posts around the internet from that date discussing the episode.

Last edited by achro; 26-08-2012 at 11:50 AM.
achro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 11:52 AM #70

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

I like her, she's decent
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 11:57 AM #71
Banned

Banned

Quote:

Oh wow, you've basically wrote an Essay on how my opinion isn't fact...BUT AN OPINION! What a revelation! You've blown my mind.

At the end of the day I don't care about Morals in BB, it's pointless. Julian and Julie are quite simply more entertaining then Coleen and that's all that matters 'In my opinion'.

I never thought I'd have to make it clear that I'm only putting forth my opinion and not facts. I thought people were a whole lot less dim then that.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 12:01 PM #72
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by achro View Post
The "gay adoption" thing with Coleen was during an episode of Loose Women in 2007.

"There is only so much I want to accept,’ says Coleen when talking with Jane McDonald about gay adoption and Civil Partnerships. She felt that she had been a very good girl in accepting Civil Partnerships but that gay adoption was a step too far.

Her main reason (apart from being Catholic) seems to be that children would be embarrassed to introduce two mummies to her friends"

There are Google-able forum and blog posts around the internet from that date discussing the episode.
I googled it, and it's on her Wikipedia page also, Link here

It's her opinion I know, but what a closed mind she has. And after making that statement, she really needs to elaborate on it more. I hope someone in the BB house tackles her on the subject.

Old 26-08-2012, 12:46 PM #73
Stow Away

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Prince Lorenzo
BB13: Benedict
Stow Away

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Prince Lorenzo
BB13: Benedict

There are a lot of things that she does that seem insecure to me. Insecure people lash out, get defensive, and hurt other people over a misunderstanding. She also talks a ****ing lot and then assumes she knows what's going on when she doesn't really listen enough to make any judgements. That might be a source of her insecurity. She's wrong so often about people and incorrectly guesses that it's the crazy world working against her instead of the fact she doesn't pay attention.

I do see that she has good points that the others in the house appreciate but those things aren't anything that I would personally need in a friend/acquaintance/housemate.
glasstangerine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 01:03 PM #74

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Oh wow, you've basically wrote an Essay on how my opinion isn't fact...BUT AN OPINION! What a revelation! You've blown my mind.

At the end of the day I don't care about Morals in BB, it's pointless. Julian and Julie are quite simply more entertaining then Coleen and that's all that matters 'In my opinion'.

I never thought I'd have to make it clear that I'm only putting forth my opinion and not facts. I thought people were a whole lot less dim then that.
And aren't chat forums all about people challenging each others opinions?

In my opinion Julie isn't entertaining, she's playing both sides of the field and bitching while she's at it.

And its perfectly normal for two people with opposing opinions to challenge one another. Without resorting to name calling...in my opinion
Old 26-08-2012, 01:22 PM #75

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I googled it, and it's on her Wikipedia page also, Link here

It's her opinion I know, but what a closed mind she has. And after making that statement, she really needs to elaborate on it more. I hope someone in the BB house tackles her on the subject.
This is all rather annoying!

I an find videos of LW from the 8th of Jan 2008 and the 12th Feb 2008, but nothing for the 30th Jan. And all the articles are dead links.

Can't say I'm hugely impressed on the face of the statement. But I'd like to know more...

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
coleen, hate