Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB10 Celebrity Big Brother 10 on Channel 5, shown August 2012 was won by Julian Clary. Discuss here.

Old 26-08-2012, 09:51 PM #1

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):
Default Julie Goodyear - The biggest Gameplayer ??

I've been watching Julie Goodyear since she entered the CBB House and on whole have been quite entertained by her up to tonight. But when she told Danica that it was absolutely OK to "Rinse" punters out of their hard earned cash and admitted she cashed in on her own fame to accept gifts from strangers (which is not technically quite the same thing), I realised that Julie is indeed playing a game as she has tried to endear herself to nearly all the HM. I think she is playing a massive game, she has had no conflict with anyone, she is trying to be the favourite granny of the house. All of her conversations with other HM end with her supporting them regardless of what they have said or done. She wants to be all things to everybody.

I'm convinced now she is totally fake not being real and the sooner somebody in that house stands up to her the better. Because now watching her she is making me cringe...!!!

Can anyone else see this or am I being too judgemental.

Last edited by Nedusa; 26-08-2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Grammer check
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 09:55 PM #2
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Oh no ,you are spot on right,but why cant the hm8s see it? if I were in there after her fuming at Jasmine following task, I would have thought "WTF ? She told Jasmine she loved her, was watching her back, was her adopted Mother,and now shes raving at the plasma ?"
Sad to say shes there until the finals, but i hope this week the crwod shout"Get julie out" only then will the others started to think ,but they wont, it will be " Get ... one of the girls " out
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 09:57 PM #3
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

I agree with both two posts above, she's definitely changed and I can see now. She's all for herself and has even got coleen tricked now, so julie's also playing a dirty game

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 09:59 PM #4
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

I love her. Although I think shes dramatic about nominations.

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 09:59 PM #5
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
I agree with both two posts above, she's definitely changed and I can see now. She's all for herself and has even got coleen tricked now, so julie's also playing a dirty game
But with reading things about her in newspapers etc for several years this is the REAL Julie coming out, hated by journos ,fellow actors the country over
Old 26-08-2012, 10:02 PM #6

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

I've gone off her recently becuase she's been a bit two faced. Always telling people what they want to hear to their face then off bitching about it with other people.
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 10:03 PM #7
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

She doesnt care about nominations, notice she never looks directly at the camera, always eyes down...cos she is a liar...

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 10:03 PM #8
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
But with reading things about her in newspapers etc for several years this is the REAL Julie coming out, hated by journos ,fellow actors the country over
The "Diva" finally coming out that has been portrayed by the media

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 10:04 PM #9
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherieB View Post
She doesnt care about nominations, notice she never looks directly at the camera, always eyes down...cos she is a liar...
Dead right !!
Old 26-08-2012, 10:07 PM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Oh no ,you are spot on right,but why cant the hm8s see it? if I were in there after her fuming at Jasmine following task, I would have thought "WTF ? She told Jasmine she loved her, was watching her back, was her adopted Mother,and now shes raving at the plasma ?"
Sad to say shes there until the finals, but i hope this week the crwod shout"Get julie out" only then will the others started to think ,but they wont, it will be " Get ... one of the girls " out
Thanks Chuff , I'm happy other people can see this as well, not sure if there's anyone in the House who can see this. Because she has been quite clever to have these conversations privately with the individual HM.

She got caught out with Jasmine and Rhian as she couldn't have forseen the trolley dash. But then it was too late as Jasmine was evicted and she could focus on keeping Rhian sweet.

I just hope she gets rumbled and confronted by somebody because nobody is that "nice"....
Old 26-08-2012, 10:37 PM #11
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

I don't see her that way at all, she is if anything trying to get on with just about everyone,that is impossible to do really and maybe she will see that before the series ends and maybe she won't.
As to the conversation with Danica, I can believe Julie sees no real harm or wrong as to what Danica does just as some on here don't either while others do.
Julie's okay still with me, for one anyway and I would guess with loads of the voting public too.

Last edited by joeysteele; 26-08-2012 at 10:37 PM.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 10:39 PM #12

they are only there for three weeks...we can see it but from the inside three weeks is not long enough!!
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 10:41 PM #13

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Alicia Douvall
BB15: Pavandeep

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Alicia Douvall
BB15: Pavandeep

She is driving me mad, I absolutely fake her whole "mother/granny figure" I love everyone act. I've disliked her from day 1 and I find her tedious to watch. I can't believe Colleen has now fallen for the act.

All that rubbish in the diary room tonight was ridiculous, there is no way ANYONE could love everyone in a group of people and not find any fault with anyone. If your going to put on an act at least make it realistic!

Even if I was in the bb house with just my friends, I could still choose one of them to nominate and find reasons if I had to. No one likes everyone equally and no one is such a saint that nothing can be done to annoy them
PrincessIona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 10:51 PM #14

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I don't see her that way at all, she is if anything trying to get on with just about everyone,that is impossible to do really and maybe she will see that before the series ends and maybe she won't.
As to the conversation with Danica, I can believe Julie sees no real harm or wrong as to what Danica does just as some on here don't either while others do.
Julie's okay still with me, for one anyway and I would guess with loads of the voting public too.
You make a fair point she may be just an extraordinarily nice person although that is not the generally accepted view of a large number of people that work with her.

But let's assume she carries on in the same vein, can she fool everyone to the end or more importantly can she convince the viewing public that it's all genuine. Surely some incident will force her true colours to come out. Interesting that she doesn't drink Alcohol in there...!!!
Old 26-08-2012, 10:58 PM #15

Julie is playing a very clever game, and this has been apparent from day one. She really didn't like Jasmine's mum coming in (before she knew it was Jasmine's mum), and I think felt threatened by another (older?) woman's presence. She is the matriarch of the house, and she knows it. The biggest game player in the house for sure. And her profanities are not big or clever, either!
Blue Cadillac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 11:01 PM #16
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
You make a fair point she may be just an extraordinarily nice person although that is not the generally accepted view of a large number of people that work with her.

But let's assume she carries on in the same vein, can she fool everyone to the end or more importantly can she convince the viewing public that it's all genuine. Surely some incident will force her true colours to come out. Interesting that she doesn't drink Alcohol in there...!!!
I can fully take on board what you are saying too, I like Julie but that doesn't mean she hasn't got faults like others have,however I like what I have seen thus far.

I think you could find people who work with others that some will have bad things to say about them and others really good things to say too.
However I guess it is a wait and see thing really,if I saw her do or say anything really offensive to anyone or even about anyone then I would be one of the first to moan at her for doing so.

She is 70 now, she hopefully is a lot wiser than the pressured working days on Corrie, maybe this is the real Julie,as I said in my first post, maybe it isn't but she still has me supporting her anyway.

Naturally I respect your take on her too and if you get proven more right than me as to her I will certainly credit you for that.
Old 26-08-2012, 11:04 PM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Cadillac View Post
Julie is playing a very clever game, and this has been apparent from day one. She really didn't like Jasmine's mum coming in (before she knew it was Jasmine's mum), and I think felt threatened by another (older?) woman's presence. She is the matriarch of the house, and she knows it. The biggest game player in the house for sure. And her profanities are not big or clever, either!
She has even now got Coleen onside judging by Coleens comments in the DR. So it looks as if our biggest Gameplayer has got all the HM
Hoodwinked. So she's unlikely to be nominated. But can the viewing public be convinced so easily, she may find that when push comes to shove other bigger HM like Julian, Martin eg are more loved and will beat her in the final vote...!!!
Old 26-08-2012, 11:08 PM #18
xo

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Dani
Survivor 34: Andrea

xo

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Dani
Survivor 34: Andrea

Oh definitely, she is a sneaky cow
telling everyone they are her best friend, and that she knows them inside & out. Playing the bull****, i like everyone and can't nominate act. Walking around like bloody Mother hen, and saying one thing to one housemate, then being a complete hypocrite to what shes said.
Old 26-08-2012, 11:13 PM #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Cadillac View Post
Spot on.... she didnt give her a chance. Although she wasnt the only one. She didnt like seeing an older woman coming in and getting comfortably involved with the others. She pulled faces and acted in a very immature way....but it all came down to having her role challenged. She has her feet under the table and she wont be budged until the final because no-one will vote her out.... but eventually we will have the final say...
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 11:22 PM #20

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I think she is the the Alpha Female and the Alpha Male, I mean no one in there will say a bad word to her ... and no one is bitching about her so she really does rule the roost.

And to be honest I can't see it changing, unless she upsets someone or gets caught out being two faced, I think she's home dry. Until
The public vote of course...!!!
Old 26-08-2012, 11:25 PM #21

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

I love her, she cracks me up.

Her and Julian are providing some much needed humour. Without them this series would be as nasty as BB13.
Old 26-08-2012, 11:46 PM #22

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I can fully take on board what you are saying too, I like Julie but that doesn't mean she hasn't got faults like others have,however I like what I have seen thus far.

I think you could find people who work with others that some will have bad things to say about them and others really good things to say too.
However I guess it is a wait and see thing really,if I saw her do or say anything really offensive to anyone or even about anyone then I would be one of the first to moan at her for doing so.

She is 70 now, she hopefully is a lot wiser than the pressured working days on Corrie, maybe this is the real Julie,as I said in my first post, maybe it isn't but she still has me supporting her anyway.

Naturally I respect your take on her too and if you get proven more right than me as to her I will certainly credit you for that.
Well said. I was reading an interview she gave and she said "in my 25 years on Corrie, I never once had a row with any of my colleagues" If the Julie we are seeing in the house is real, I can well believe that. She seems like someone who just wants peace and to get on with everyone. Commendable really!
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 11:56 PM #23
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Well said. I was reading an interview she gave and she said "in my 25 years on Corrie, I never once had a row with any of my colleagues" If the Julie we are seeing in the house is real, I can well believe that. She seems like someone who just wants peace and to get on with everyone. Commendable really!
Thank you, also Julie has left Corrie and gone back a few times really.
It would then seem odd to me that people not liking working with her would hardly be as overjoyed at each Bet Lynch return to the street as they all appeared to be,if that was really the case.

I agree with you, to me too she seems like she just wants to get on with as many people as she can, (she will say if she doesn't like someone,like that daft task with Jasmine's Mother, which to me was the worst thing BB has done probably).
Like you again, I find that commendable that she sets out to get on with everyone,if that is possible.
Old 27-08-2012, 12:00 AM #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
I think she is the the Alpha Female and the Alpha Male, I mean no one in there will say a bad word to her ... and no one is bitching about her so she really does rule the roost.

And to be honest I can't see it changing, unless she upsets someone or gets caught out being two faced, I think she's home dry. Until
The public vote of course...!!!
And then she is going down.............I hope....what a bitch and they cant see through it.
dyfed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 12:06 AM #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Spot on.... she didnt give her a chance. Although she wasnt the only one. She didnt like seeing an older woman coming in and getting comfortably involved with the others. She pulled faces and acted in a very immature way....but it all came down to having her role challenged. She has her feet under the table and she wont be budged until the final because no-one will vote her out.... but eventually we will have the final say...
Boy'o you got that right,she is such a bitch and they can't see it.....
dyfed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
biggest, gameplayer, goodyear, julie