Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB10 Celebrity Big Brother 10 on Channel 5, shown August 2012 was won by Julian Clary. Discuss here.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:43 AM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Julie lives moment to moment and how she feels at the time. She isn't sincere with everyone, but there is nothing to indicate she is either manipulative or cold hearted.
Martin is the manipulative one. He pretends to agree with everyone whilst sneakily planting seeds behind their backs.
I know which one I would rather trust, and it isn't Mr. Goody Two Shoes.
Besides, Julian likes Julie, and that's another plus in her favour for me.
Martin knows what he want to think. That may sound odd but for him what he actually thinks and what he wants to think on live TV are completely different.

He's not playing the game he's trying to detach himself from it but Julie is so blatantly being an absolute **** (excuse my French) he feels he has to make it known he has noticed it.

He would be my winner if he called her out on it face to face. He hasn't. He's a coward.

Julian is still my winner.
Silent Scream is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:46 AM #27

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Scream View Post
Martin knows what he want to think. That may sound odd but for him what he actually thinks and what he wants to think on live TV are completely different.

He's not playing the game he's trying to detach himself from it but Julie is so blatantly being an absolute **** (excuse my French) he feels he has to make it known he has noticed it.

He would be my winner if he called her out on it face to face. He hasn't. He's a coward.

Julian is still my winner.
I don't understand the first paragraph at all.

As for Julian...Well that's something we agree on!

Last edited by jet; 03-09-2012 at 01:48 AM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:51 AM #28
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Quote:
I hope for two things. One, that we don't fall out over this (I'm new to the forum) and two, you never run into someone like her in real life. I don't think you'll be amused when all your friends turn against you and you don't know why.
I know LOTS of people just like her, very good friends of mine actually, sometimes it's fun to have a bitch about people, I find it very funny
Old 03-09-2012, 01:59 AM #29

Quote:
I don't understand the first paragraph at all.

As for Julian...Well that's something we agree on!
He's going through the motions, well he was till he decided he didn't like Julie. Then he decided to disguise his intense dislike of her by pretending to be protective of the boys.

He wouldn't nominate her because of the whole 'natiional treasure' thing but you can bet your life he has now because the crowd hated her.

I'm disappointed in him tbh. Julian is the only vaguely likeable HM left in that house.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:00 AM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
I know LOTS of people just like her, very good friends of mine actually, sometimes it's fun to have a bitch about people, I find it very funny
I think your friends mean no harm and that's why you love them. I'm not sure she's in the same category at all. Agree to disagree we must
Old 03-09-2012, 08:09 PM #31

Favourites (more):
CBB8: Paddy
UBB: Nikki

Favourites (more):
CBB8: Paddy
UBB: Nikki

Great post OP, those biddy moronic blokes have called the shots all the way! Julie may be 2 faced, but there have been worse!
Babschap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:22 PM #32

Quote:
Who do they think they are?
The boys plotted and schemed to get the younger girls 'the titties' out of the house, (and succeeded) yet Julie talks to Harvey about noms and she is vilified. Their hypocrisy is mind blowing. They aren't exactly paragons of virtue themselves.
Colleen talks behind Julies back to anyone who will listen and she whines and moans and is so self absorbed in is unreal. If she had to put up with what Julie has had to these last few days she would be a total wreck in floods of tears and cornering everyone for sympathy.
Martin is a snake - the biggest game player in there. He is everyone's friend, and never commits himself. He is also two faced. He tells the boys to 'watch out' for Julie influencing them when he was saying the exact same things Julie was saying - but not to their faces. That was his move to get his biggest competition (Julie) in the firing line. And he's so BORING.

As for Julie - she can be a bitch, but she is entertaining and has been the same from Day One. I agree with the guy on BOTS who said Julie is not playing a game and that she just lives from moment to moment. I have thought that all along. A lot of elderly women (I know quite a few!) have a way of cutting through the bull**** - they want to be nice to people but they've experienced a lot and they aren't up for 'games'. She's funny, strong and totally unique.
She doesn't whine or cry or try to get anyone's sympathy. She takes it on the chin and carries on being her usual feisty self. You have to admire her for that.

And Julian - he's the WINNER. No explanation required.

Excellent post, you have written what many, many people are thinking.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:25 PM #33
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babschap View Post
Great post OP, those biddy moronic blokes have called the shots all the way! Julie may be 2 faced, but there have been worse!
Julie was fine for the blokes to call the shots when she wasn't in the firing line..... when it was the other females that they were gunning for: Julie didn't have any issues then.......... she thought the boys were fabulous, just brilliant. Funny her attitude changes when she gets a taste of what the other 2 girls got for far longer a time....

Last edited by Pyramid*; 03-09-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:43 PM #34

Definitely a great post @ OP!

Julie is getting vilified for something the vile boys have done for so long. They are far nastier than she is but don't expect the British public to care. As a rule, the British public hate every woman and are supportive of all men.

Martin is indeed a snake and just look at his face to face nominations and how sneaky and ingenuine they all are. "You might be missing your kids", "You're too ill so maybe you should go and be healthy". He is also stupendously dull.

And the Situation? Such a conceited man, so full of vanity and self-love and so stupid, yet he's so popular? How ridiculous.

Julie has from the very beginning been entertaining and it's a pity that when she goes, as I suspect she might, the ugly crowd will boo her. It'll be a disgrace seeing a 70 year old booed but that's the British public for you.

Last edited by RTJK; 03-09-2012 at 09:43 PM.
RTJK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:14 PM #35

They are not all her friends Silent most of them she didnt know and to be honest a lot of her comments have been right.
Patricia4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:17 PM #36

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
The boys plotted and schemed to get the younger girls 'the titties' out of the house, (and succeeded) yet Julie talks to Harvey about noms and she is vilified. Their hypocrisy is mind blowing. They aren't exactly paragons of virtue themselves.
Colleen talks behind Julies back to anyone who will listen and she whines and moans and is so self absorbed in is unreal. If she had to put up with what Julie has had to these last few days she would be a total wreck in floods of tears and cornering everyone for sympathy.
Martin is a snake - the biggest game player in there. He is everyone's friend, and never commits himself. He is also two faced. He tells the boys to 'watch out' for Julie influencing them when he was saying the exact same things Julie was saying - but not to their faces. That was his move to get his biggest competition (Julie) in the firing line. And he's so BORING.

As for Julie - she can be a bitch, but she is entertaining and has been the same from Day One. I agree with the guy on BOTS who said Julie is not playing a game and that she just lives from moment to moment. I have thought that all along. A lot of elderly women (I know quite a few!) have a way of cutting through the bull**** - they want to be nice to people but they've experienced a lot and they aren't up for 'games'. She's funny, strong and totally unique.
She doesn't whine or cry or try to get anyone's sympathy. She takes it on the chin and carries on being her usual feisty self. You have to admire her for that.

Rubbish,she turned on the waterworks in the DR,she's an awful person

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:56 PM #37

Quote:

Excellent and accurate summary jet!

Cheers.

Good job it's Big Brother!........Big Sister would be Evil!
Lex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:01 PM #38
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I agree with your points about Coleen, the boys and Julie herself, but I don't think Martin's been a snake. I think he's done pretty much the same as Julie throughout the series - just taken each "argument" as an event that doesn't matter in the long term and isn't bothered with trying to form packs (see Team H.A.M.) or play games. I think he's a genuinely nice guy surrounded by idiots in an extreme environment.

Coleen needs to get a grip and confront Julie rather than play the victim card, and I hope to god she doesn't win because of it because it'd be a tired routine. On the other hand she has funny moments and is a nice person, so I'd be happy for her to do well.

But I just think people on here need to find themselves a hate figure for every series and it's quite boring and arbitrary. They feed their bile and hatred (and it really is sickening hatred, because I'm sick to the teeth of comments about her age and appearance) with the flimsiest of excuses (she... says things behind other people's backs? OH WELL HALT ALL HUMANITY'S PROGRESS)

It's boring, it's boring, shut up, she's just a person, grow up.

-walks off, rambling on-
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:17 PM #39

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Trish

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Trish

Just watched the latest show. Had enough of Martin now, his boring gameplan and obsession with Julie. It's mind numbingly boring enough listening to whiny Coleen go on about it. If Julie goes, I now 100% want Julian to win this.

Last edited by Scotty07; 04-09-2012 at 04:31 AM.
Scotty07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:18 PM #40

Quote:
Julie lives moment to moment and how she feels at the time. She isn't sincere with everyone, but there is nothing to indicate she is either manipulative or cold hearted.
Martin is the manipulative one. He pretends to agree with everyone whilst sneakily planting seeds behind their backs.
I know which one I would rather trust, and it isn't Mr. Goody Two Shoes.
Besides, Julian likes Julie, and that's another plus in her favour for me.
Couldn't agree more -well said -i'd feel better and more relaxed around julie who means well rather than the quiet plotter martin whom i don't trust at all -he's the biggest sneakiest gameplayer in there.
ness is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:37 PM #41

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I'm glad that so many of you agree with my post. Thank you!

The hypocrisy of these people continue - Martin nominated Julie because she talked to Harvey about noms. He said it was cheating and she deserved to go for that. Yet Mike was caught cheating during face to face noms and he didn't say a word about it or nominate him.
Same with the boys - their nominations for Julie was because they said she was trying to influence noms, yet they did the same thing to get the girls out - and they too didn't even blink or care when Mike was caught cheating to avoid being put up.

I think it's disgusting the way they are turning on Julie en masse - and talking about her behind her back - the very thing they accuse Julie of doing. Coleen just loves it all and never stops putting her oar in but has never once had the guts to say anything to Julie's face - in the guise of 'I just couldn't upset her'. She's an out and out coward who has got into the final on Julie's coat tails. Without Julie, what storyline would she have brought to the show? ZILCH.

They are all a bunch of hypocrites.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:40 PM #42

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty07 View Post
Just watched the lastest show. Had enough of Martin now, his boring gameplan and obsession with Julie. It's mind numbingly boring enough listening to whiny Coleen go on about it. If Julie goes, I now 100% want Julian to win this.
I totally agree
Old 03-09-2012, 11:42 PM #43
-

-

Most of this thread
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:53 PM #44

Quote:
I'm glad that so many of you agree with my post. Thank you!

The hypocrisy of these people continue - Martin nominated Julie because she talked to Harvey about noms. He said it was cheating and she deserved to go for that. Yet Mike was caught cheating during face to face noms and he didn't say a word about it or nominate him.
Same with the boys - their nominations for Julie was because they said she was trying to influence noms, yet they did the same thing to get the girls out - and they too didn't even blink or care when Mike was caught cheating to avoid being put up.

I think it's disgusting the way they are turning on Julie en masse - and talking about her behind her back - the very thing they accuse Julie of doing. Coleen just loves it all and never stops putting her oar in but has never once had the guts to say anything to Julie's face - in the guise of 'I just couldn't upset her'. She's an out and out coward who has got into the final on Julie's coat tails. Without Julie, what storyline would she have brought to the show? ZILCH.

They are all a bunch of hypocrites.
When are people going to learn that nom reasons count for absolutely nothing? They nominate people they don't like, it's as simple as that. The 'reasons' don't mean anything. Martin was after Julie before she cheated at noms but was afraid to nom her because he thought she was too popular and it would make him look bad. When he heard the crowd chanting 'get Julie out' he knew it was safe to nom her.

The boys nommed Julie because Martin told them to. Read as much into their reasons as you like but they are incredibly thick and will follow the leader.

You keep ignoring the fact that everyone has seen Julie going round the house playing one person off against the next, telling everyone she loves them then stabbing them in the back, that's the REAL reason she's up.

If you're still on the weak nomination kick take a look at Julie's nom for The Situation. She kissed him on the way in, then stabbed him in the back and kissed him on the way out. 'He's sad, he's missing Danica' LOL. He's had more fun than at any other time in the house since that stupid tart got evicted. He's even getting on with Lorenzo.

If they held an impromptu Weak Nomination Competition Julie would win it hands down. She loves him though, right?
Old 04-09-2012, 12:14 AM #45

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
When are people going to learn that nom reasons count for absolutely nothing? They nominate people they don't like, it's as simple as that. The 'reasons' don't mean anything. Martin was after Julie before she cheated at noms but was afraid to nom her because he thought she was too popular and it would make him look bad. When he heard the crowd chanting 'get Julie out' he knew it was safe to nom her.

The boys nommed Julie because Martin told them to. Read as much into their reasons as you like but they are incredibly thick and will follow the leader.

You keep ignoring the fact that everyone has seen Julie going round the house playing one person off against the next, telling everyone she loves them then stabbing them in the back, that's the REAL reason she's up.

If you're still on the weak nomination kick take a look at Julie's nom for The Situation. She kissed him on the way in, then stabbed him in the back and kissed him on the way out. 'He's sad, he's missing Danica' LOL. He's had more fun than at any other time in the house since that stupid tart got evicted. He's even getting on with Lorenzo.

If they held an impromptu Weak Nomination Competition Julie would win it hands down. She loves him though, right?
You are correct that nom reasons count for nothing (a lot of the time, not always) but you are missing my point, which is how HYPOCRITICAL these people are. A lot can be learned about the HM's by their nominations and the reasons they give - and the reasons given by Martin, Coleen, Prince and the boys show their total hypocrisy and cowardice.
Not one of them has had the guts to talk to Julie about how they felt. They let her carry on doing what they didn't like and talked about her behind her back.

If one or more of them had talked to her about her behaviour she might have thought about it and took it on board - she seems like that sort of person. But they let her think they all still adored her, continuing to be pleasant to her face or like the boys, calling her 'Nan'. Julie may well have thought they enjoyed her banter and little bitchy remarks. Which is probably why she was shocked to be up for nomination.

They are all worse than she is when it comes to being two faced and game playing!

PS MARTIN would win the weakest competition nomination - every one he has made shows just how much of a coward he is.

Last edited by jet; 04-09-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:24 AM #46

Quote:
You are correct that nom reasons count for nothing (a lot of the time, not always) but you are missing my point, which is how HYPOCRITICAL these people are. A lot can be learned about the HM's by their nominations and the reasons they give - and the reasons given by Martin, Coleen, Prince and the boys show their total hypocrisy and cowardice.
Not one of them has had the guts to talk to Julie about how they felt. They let her carry on doing what they didn't like and talked about her behind her back.

If one or more of them had talked to her about her behaviour she might have thought about it and took it on board - she seems like that sort of person. But they let her think they all still adored her, continuing to be pleasant to her face or like the boys, calling her 'Nan'. Julie may well have thought they enjoyed her banter and little bitchy remarks. Which is probably why she was shocked to be up for nomination.

They are all worse than she is when it comes to being two faced and game playing!

PS MARTIN would win the weakest competition nomination - especially the face to face ones, which showed just how much of a coward he is.
Can you please point out where Julie explained to Colleen why she has such a big problem with her? I must have missed it that particular face to face confrontation. Julie has not been honest with anyone about her nominations she has confronted nobody face to face.

She wanted Lorenzo out then went grovelling to him when she was caught in the act trying to influence noms. She went round EVERYONE before noms trying to get them to like her, it didn't work. She does exactly what you say all the others do.

Just accept it, people will nominate who they like. They are not under any obligation to confront people they nominate or explain anything to them at all. Getting outed as a two-faced bitch will get you up for eviction pronto, it doesn't matter a **** what the nomination reasons are.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:25 AM #47
User banned

User banned

Julie has made me laugh ore than anyone so she will always get a pass from me, I know shes crossed the line and I would say to anyone its out of order to call someone a fat ass, but the circumstances are fraught with tension as shes nominated, shes 70 yrs old for goodness sakes. shes been amazing game for a laugh and I hope I have that much zest and humour if I ever get to 70.
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:41 AM #48

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Can you please point out where Julie explained to Colleen why she has such a big problem with her? I must have missed it that particular face to face confrontation. Julie has not been honest with anyone about her nominations she has confronted nobody face to face.

She wanted Lorenzo out then went grovelling to him when she was caught in the act trying to influence noms. She went round EVERYONE before noms trying to get them to like her, it didn't work. She does exactly what you say all the others do.

Just accept it, people will nominate who they like. They are not under any obligation to confront people they nominate or explain anything to them at all. Getting outed as a two-faced bitch will get you up for eviction pronto, it doesn't matter a **** what the nomination reasons are.
Julie hasn't spent the entire series yabbering on about why Coleen doesn't like her,or anyone else for that matter. Maybe you missed the fact that Coleen said she WAS going to confront her and that she talks obsessively about her - and nominated her. It is Coleen who has the big problem with Julie - and talks to everyone but Julie about it - not the other way around!
Julie had not confronted anybody because she hadn't a big enough problem with anybody.
...and when a group turn on a HM en masse and nominate them for something the person hasn't even been aware they were all bothered about - that is horrible and uncomfortable viewing.

Last edited by jet; 04-09-2012 at 12:48 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:45 AM #49

Quote:
Julie hasn't spent the entire series yabbering on about why Coleen doesn't like her,or anyone else for that matter. Maybe you missed the fact that Coleen said she WAS going to confront her and that she talks obsessively about her - and nominated her. It is Coleen who has the big problem with Julie - and talks to everyone but Julie about it - not the other way around!
Julie had not confronted anybody because she hadn't a big enough problem with anybody.
Have you been watching the show? Julie didn't have a problem with anybody including Colleen? Really?

I suppose like the rest of us you got completely confused with her telling them all she loves them one minute and then spitting on them as soon as they're at a safe distance.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:05 AM #50
User banned

User banned

Quote:
...and when a group turn on a HM en masse and nominate them for something the person hasn't even been aware they were all bothered about - that is horrible and uncomfortable viewing.
spot on I agree with you
julie is a complex character, absolutely hilarious, yes she is crude and she doesn contradict herself, but she is what she is, she goes for it and entertains everyone. she has also told people soe things to their face too. colleen is the most boring hm in history. julie has her faults but guess wht, shes human like us all!
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cheek, julie, paragons, target, virtue