Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB10 Celebrity Big Brother 10 on Channel 5, shown August 2012 was won by Julian Clary. Discuss here.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:32 AM #1

Default All those horrid stories about her during her Corrie era - I can believe

So many tales about JG on Corrie being a harridan diva rude ruthless obnoxious a demanding demanding diva on Coronation Street (soap she featured on) that i never believed. Just thought it was tabloid exaggeration. Can believe them now.

Rumour has it she was so nasty she made Bill Tarmy cry repeatedly (Jack Duckworth) when their fling was over apparently.

And when she made her big return she made life hell for the younger cast who didnt revere her enough.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:44 AM #2
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

I've never liked her, everytime a 'return' rumour crops up, I dread her coming back
Old 07-09-2012, 09:02 AM #3
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I've never liked her, everytime a 'return' rumour crops up, I dread her coming back
She will never come back, they cut her last return short because of her attitude
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:04 AM #4

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_front2 View Post
So many tales about JG on Corrie being a harridan diva rude ruthless obnoxious a demanding demanding diva on Coronation Street (soap she featured on) that i never believed. Just thought it was tabloid exaggeration. Can believe them now.

Rumour has it she was so nasty she made Bill Tarmy cry repeatedly (Jack Duckworth) when their fling was over apparently.

And when she made her big return she made life hell for the younger cast who didnt revere her enough.
There's no smoke without fire as they say,Julie Goodyear is too full of her own importance to ever be a nice person,a truly foul woman all round,she doesn't get the reputation she has for no reason,it's beyond me what some people find nice about her.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:07 AM #5
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
She will never come back, they cut her last return short because of her attitude
Well that and she couldnt handle the pressure (she expected to be waited on hand and foot like the old day)
Old 07-09-2012, 09:09 AM #6

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary

No one person is bigger than the show, she should have been warned about her behaviour and then threatened with her character being "killed off". It that didn't do the trick then sadly I see Bet Lynch dying a horrible death in botched armed robbery on the Rovers Return....!!!
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:22 AM #7

CS is now a different show. Its now 100% plot driven. Big iconic characters like Bet Lynch are from a bygone era. Its about iconic SLs now.

The characters now are mere conduits to affairs explosions pregnancy rivalry and alcholicism. Characters are now safe identikit interchangeable and generic. When Kym Marsh (Michelle) fell preggers they gave the Frank Foster almost rape SL to Samia Ghadie's character (forgotten name). Both characters were samey. You couldn't really have hand over a Bet Lync storyline so easily. Bet was idiosyncratic.

They can recast characters now who been on show for a while as the characters are bland and forgettable. They could never recast Bet even if JG been on show for a week. I am no fan of JG or even Corrie but Bet was an iconic role.

Actors now get little rehearsal time, film for 4 - 5 eps and despite good salaries are no longer treated like stars. Free foods been cut. They pay for parking. JG would hate not being treated like a huge star. The show has changed. There is no place for Julie or Bet.

Last edited by alex_front2; 07-09-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:50 AM #8
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I'm just so disappointed... as a child I remember watching bet lynch, she was bold and brassy but was as I recall inherantly good. A huge hearted, positive, fair minded and assertive character a REAL role model for young women.
To see her 'alter (huge) ego julie goodyear is this foul mouthed, unfair,pig headed, two faced old woman is very sad.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:59 AM #9

Julie is Bet but without the good bits.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:10 AM #10
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzy View Post
I'm just so disappointed... as a child I remember watching bet lynch, she was bold and brassy but was as I recall inherantly good. A huge hearted, positive, fair minded and assertive character a REAL role model for young women.
To see her 'alter (huge) ego julie goodyear is this foul mouthed, unfair,pig headed, two faced old woman is very sad.
Yeah, it's a shame the actor isnt quite like the character in this case.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:22 PM #11
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

I heard she eats babies as well & pushes old ladies down stairs...

I have read just as many nasty stories about The Nolan's, are they true? How will we ever know?? I have read plenty of stories about Julie Goodyear saying what a lovely person she is, from ex cast members & crew that worked on Corrie & even on Twitter she had Corrie crew members supporting her while she was in the house...

Everyone has people they don't get on with/don't like at work, it doesn't mean they are the devil incarnate

And by the way it was down to her ill health that her last Corrie appearance was cut short, but don't let that get in the way of your 'facts' eh...
Old 07-09-2012, 01:35 PM #12
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post

I have read just as many nasty stories about The Nolan's, are they true? How will we ever know?? I have read plenty of stories about Julie Goodyear saying what a lovely person she is, from ex cast members & crew that worked on Corrie & even on Twitter she had Corrie crew members supporting her while she was in the house...

Everyone has people they don't get on with/don't like at work, it doesn't mean they are the devil incarnate

And by the way it was down to her ill health that her last Corrie appearance was cut short, but don't let that get in the way of your 'facts' eh...
I heard that too Because ... well ... yeah .. you know ...... I believe everything in the media, regardless I mean who could disbelieve anything the Mail especially prints how dare they not! After all, The Sitch was evicted was he not, and even had a few things to say about it according to The Daily Star online, so he is not in that house anymore, no siree someone is impersonating him

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown

Last edited by Suze; 07-09-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:40 PM #13

Quote:

Thank you i was about to stop but i will continue. Story about JL getting make up artist sacked for no reason.

Carol Malone bb5/ journo said she interviwed her and was one of the most obnoxious celebs shed met.

As for her pushing old ladies down stairs, theres a bad taste joke but i wont go there.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:41 PM #14

Quote:

Thank you i was about to stop but i will continue. Story about JL getting make up artist sacked for no reason.

Carol Malone bb5/ journo said she interviwed her and was one of the most obnoxious celebs shed met.

As for her pushing old ladies down stairse, how old is Julie again?
Old 07-09-2012, 01:45 PM #15
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:

i dont mind anyone being brainwashed, but take it as an insult when they try to brainwash me, Im not 16 ,I remember Bet Lynchs first time on Corrie and i also know of her history, shes an evil old bastard ,and one of the vilest people ever on tv ,and thats a FACT
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:48 PM #16

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
I heard that too Because ... well ... yeah .. you know ...... I believe everything in the media, regardless I mean who could disbelieve anything the Mail especially prints how dare they not! After all, The Sitch was evicted was he not, and even had a few things to say about it according to The Daily Star online, so he is not in that house anymore, no siree someone is impersonating him
I don't read the tabloids - whatever their political slant. I formed my opinions from hearing what colleagues had to say about working with her. She may have pulled the wool over a couple of cronies to prompt them to defend her on twitter but, on the whole, she's notorious in the business for being a demanding diva.
Clootie Dumpling is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:58 PM #17
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:

Did you ever watch the BB Carole Malone was in, she isn't considered the nicest of people if you choose to believe all you read She was evicted second in that series. Entry from Wikipedia below:

Day 9 - Nomination: The first round of nominations took place with Dirk and Leo up for eviction, they were joined by Carole as punishment for discussing nominations.

Punishments: Carole faced the vote automatically after it was revealed that Cleo and she had discussed nominations, the housemates were instructed to choose one of the pair to face the public vote.

Day 10 - Exits: Leo Sayer voluntarily left the House. He left the House by smashing the glass tube on the garden fire door barging through the camera run and through another door. He proceeded to argue with security officers and programme producers before finally being granted his wish not to return.

Carole was evicted with 77.4% of the vote[43]

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Old 07-09-2012, 01:59 PM #18

Christ all this moaning an gossiping about JG like she's f'ing Hitler or something. Apparently she added value to CS for 25 years and, whether or not you supported her on CBB, she WAS the the talking point once we got past the Situation vs. Danica tedium. Even on BOTS she comes to play and is much more engaged than the rest of them have been. The show was better cause she was on it. Full stop.
pcro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:59 PM #19
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcro View Post
Christ all this moaning an gossiping about JG like she's f'ing Hitler or something. Apparently she added value to CS for 25 years and, whether or not you supported her on CBB, she WAS the the talking point once we got past the Situation vs. Danica tedium. Even on BOTS she comes to play and is much more engaged than the rest of them have been. The show was better cause she was on it. Full stop.
I know

Old 07-09-2012, 02:02 PM #20

I dont really care if she is a diva or not, there are bad stories & good stories about her. She still has a lot of support from the old & present day crew of corrie. She was a close life long friend of Betty Driver until she died which should tell you she isnt all bad.

Carol Malone? Yeah she is sweetness personified isnt she..............
Ellen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:09 PM #21

Quote:
That's what I heard, she wasn't well enough to cope with the filming schedule, which was heavier than when she was originally in the show.

But all the diva rumours will be true, you can see she's a diva a mile off. She'd probably admit to it, she just likes playing soft old "nana" and legend in public.

Shame for her that we saw everything when she was in the house, she must have thought BB would only show her nice moments and then got all defensive when her hypocrisy was unveiled.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:11 PM #22

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
I dont really care if she is a diva or not, there are bad stories & good stories about her. She still has a lot of support from the old & present day crew of corrie. She was a close life long friend of Betty Driver until she died which should tell you she isnt all bad.

Carol Malone? Yeah she is sweetness personified isnt she..............
Have you noticed that Julie copies Betty Driver's acting technique (as Betty, the warm, motherly character in CS) in real life, i.e. when she's pretending to be kind, nurturing 'Nana'?

With Betty D it rang true, but with ham actress Julie it rings completely false.

Last edited by Clootie Dumpling; 07-09-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Clootie Dumpling is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:15 PM #23

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well people seem to believe the negative stories about Coleen,I have seen several posts saying how they dont like her due to outside influences,as lets face it she has been ok in the house I haven't seen anything terrible from her,so people only believe what suits I reckon,well the same must be said about Julie,difference with Julie we have actually seen people say it ,it's not just the press stories!!

Old 07-09-2012, 02:18 PM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Did you ever watch the BB Carole Malone was in, she isn't considered the nicest of people if you choose to believe all you read She was evicted second in that series. Entry from Wikipedia below:

Day 9 - Nomination: The first round of nominations took place with Dirk and Leo up for eviction, they were joined by Carole as punishment for discussing nominations.

Punishments: Carole faced the vote automatically after it was revealed that Cleo and she had discussed nominations, the housemates were instructed to choose one of the pair to face the public vote.

Day 10 - Exits: Leo Sayer voluntarily left the House. He left the House by smashing the glass tube on the garden fire door barging through the camera run and through another door. He proceeded to argue with security officers and programme producers before finally being granted his wish not to return.

Carole was evicted with 77.4% of the vote[43]
Simply because people cant handle the truth!!as proved here

Old 07-09-2012, 02:19 PM #25
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08marsh View Post
That's what I heard, she wasn't well enough to cope with the filming schedule, which was heavier than when she was originally in the show.

But all the diva rumours will be true, you can see she's a diva a mile off. She'd probably admit to it, she just likes playing soft old "nana" and legend in public.

Shame for her that we saw everything when she was in the house, she must have thought BB would only show her nice moments and then got all defensive when her hypocrisy was unveiled.
Hi Marsh, That's the point though, we didn't see everything. How many times have we heard an evicted housemate from BBs say oh, I thought you would have see that, or ... but so and so was so funny, witty, have you not been seeing that side, and so on ..... Jay shi**ing in the freezer? was hushed up until it was blurted out and then confirmed by ex housemates of that series. See, we don't have the live feed, only highly edited clips that can sometimes misconstrue what we see on the miniscule bits we are shown, or by silly twitter tweets. So we have to go by what we do see, and I saw nothing that bad from Julie that she is villified so. They all have their good and bad points, well maybe apart from Cooleen and Harvey At the moment, I can't stand those two.

Last edited by Suze; 07-09-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
corrie, era, horrid, julie, stories