Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TiBB Does The Apprentice Forum-based 'The Apprentice' game.

Old 21-11-2012, 03:48 PM #1
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

Default TiBB does The Apprentice 3 : Final Task

TiBB does The Apprentice 3

The Final Task : Web Wonders.

This task, along with presenting Launch Night and judging panel duties, has been contributed by Mollie.

Mollie was going to post this part but due to laptop issues cannot.

The Task

For this task we will be looking at your leadership skills in particular, alongside your teamwork, dedication and creativity.

You must work together to design a website including content. To this end, you will be allowed to assemble 6 former candidates to help you. Assign yourselves two each and please consider carefully who will be the best choices, take into account, for example, who will work hard to help you or who could be online when you are not. These are your staff members for the project.

The theme of the website is The Apprentice. You may interpret this how you wish.

The Interview

In the morning (Wednesday) I will be posting a set of interview questions, devised by LemonJam with a couple from me thrown in. This must be be completed by each finalist and pm'd to myself within the task deadline.

Deadline is 6pm on Wednesday. Followed by results and announcements at 7pm.

----------------------------------

Shortly, the three finalists will post their final tasks in here for the attention of the Judges.

Poll results are in.

Interviews are posted in a separate thread and have been closely scrutinised!

See you at 7pm (ish)

Kate! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 04:58 PM #2

TiBB does The Apprentice 3: Web Wonders.

An Insiders Apprentice

I have decided to call my website ‘An Insiders Apprentice’. I have chosen this name because the purpose of the website is to give viewers inside information or clips that they didn’t see/notice in the TV series. It will also give out exclusive never seen before footage, and of course all the latest news. I have designed my home page below. From my home page there is an option of 3 paths to take, you could click on The Apprentice, Young Apprentice or TiBB’s Apprentice. By clicking on one of these options, it will take you to your chosen topic and give you all the information, Exclusive clips, and news you will need.

The first category is ‘The Apprentice’. Below is the homepage I have created for this option. I have worked hard on presentation and making it looks professional. I have added a Facebook comment option on the front page, so people can give their feedback on how to improve the site and what they like about it. There are 3 options to choose from when at this stage, they are ‘behind the scenes, funny clips and outtakes’ and ‘news and spoilers’.

The second category is ‘Young Apprentice’. Below is the homepage I created for this option. Again, I have worked very hard to get the presentation as perfect as possible. I have added a twitter feed on the homepage of the official young apprentice account, giving you all the updates and news. This page has the same three options to choose from. Now, let me tell you what content will be in each of those options. In the ‘behind the scenes’ option, there will be some exclusive footage of the contestants at the house, what they get up to in the house will be shown in this section, there will also be some un seen footage from the show. In the ‘funny clips and outtakes’ option, there will be some clips that contestants wouldn’t want you to see, but they’d be shown anyway. Also, there will be some video’s and pictures showing that things can go wrong, From bad language to funny scenes that are too raunchy to show on telly. Finally, in the ‘news and spoilers’ option, there will be updates on the current series and the first place to reveal all you need to know about the new series. There will also be an option for you to view any spoilers, if you can’t wait any longer to find out who’s fired just click on the spoiler icon and there’s your answer.

The final category is TiBB’s Apprentice. Below is the homepage that I have created for this category. This is your chance to have a go at participating in a game that is very similar to the show, where you have to work in teams and individually to win tasks. There is an option within this category, called ‘how to apply’. When clicked on this there will be an application form and a link, you will have to fill out the form and hand it in on the link. However, it states that you will have to sign up to the TiBB website first, so That there isn’t any confusion. The other option is ‘news and spoilers’ this is again where you can find out about all the latest news to do with the game, who was fired and who came out victorious.

As a final message, the main purpose of my website 'An Insiders Apprentice' is to give it's viewers all the exclusive gossip and news, so they can keep up to date with their favourite programs, and also give the game a go themsleves by applying for TiBB's Apprentice.

Thanks for your time
-Jamie585

Last edited by Jamie585; 21-11-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Jamie585 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 04:58 PM #3
El Cockroach

Favourites (more):
BBUSA25: Cory
BBCanada 9: Rohan

El Cockroach

Favourites (more):

You’re Apprentice

The basis of the website is advertising apprentice jobs to young adults (16 – 25) and older people if they are out of work and looking for a new career. Similar to Apprenticeship.com this website will have the extra bonuses of a forum and blogs to help support people

Homepage : http://i48.tinypic.com/14tpua0.jpg

As seen from the homepage the website has many features. One of the features include exploring what types of Apprenticeships that are out there

Types of Apprenticeships Page 1: http://i48.tinypic.com/vmu7u0.jpg
Types of Apprenticeships Page 2 : http://i47.tinypic.com/2prxus1.jpg

It provides a link the websites forum, where the users can inquiry about a certain career

Forum Page 1 : http://i46.tinypic.com/20gd7rd.jpg
Forum Page 2 : http://i50.tinypic.com/15vlo3.jpg

On top of that the user can explore the Blog section where companies looking for Apprentices can post blogs advertising, or a user can blog about their experience’s looking for an apprenticeship

Blog Section : http://i50.tinypic.com/iz8by1.jpg

On top of that we have the Vacancies Job Search, where the user can search for apprenticeships, and because the user can upload their CV to the website, all the user has to do is click the apply button and the company can eailsy read the users CV. The website also promotes a section where users can improve their CV’s if needed.

Vacancies Search Page 1 : http://i47.tinypic.com/21cwnte.jpg
Vacancies Search Page 2 : http://i47.tinypic.com/2uizllj.jpg
Uploading CV Page 1 : http://i49.tinypic.com/2cmoets.jpg
Uploading CV Page 2 : http://i49.tinypic.com/2cxf7mb.jpg

Users can keep up to date with the News of Apprenticeships in the News Section, and the user can also follow the website on Twitter

News Page : http://i50.tinypic.com/34q7if5.jpg
Twitter Page : https://twitter.com/YoureApprentice

Thank You for taking the time to read, and a thanks to Kazanne and Vanessa who

DrunkerThanMoses is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 05:02 PM #4
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

I am so impressed with these, I am lost for words (very unusual for me I can tell you)

I'd like to invite comments from the TiBB Public?

Old 21-11-2012, 05:02 PM #5

We got them in just in time DTM
Old 21-11-2012, 05:03 PM #6
charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

all of them are fab
Marcus. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 05:03 PM #7
El Cockroach

Favourites (more):

El Cockroach

Favourites (more):

Tiny pics kept crashing right at the end so was worried I would not get it in on time lol

Old 21-11-2012, 05:06 PM #8

Wheres Ben's? has he posted it somewhere else?
Old 21-11-2012, 05:07 PM #9
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

don't worry I wouldn't have penalised anyone, Ben is having trouble with his internet too, he's trying to post now.

Old 21-11-2012, 05:07 PM #10

Ok cool, I rushed the last bit in a panic
Old 21-11-2012, 05:22 PM #11
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

Jamie

You have impressed me from the start, especially for one so young. You have all the qualities necessary to make it in the dog eat dog world of business. Your dedication and enthusiasm never faded, and you were both a great team player and able to work on your own initiative. This was demonstrated most in the final task, as I noted that you were unable to get anyone to help you, so you got stuck in and did it yourself. You should be so proud.

DrunkerThanMoses

Your key strength is your leadership ability, you naturally took charge of the majority of tasks and your work ethic was faultless. You are possessed of great patience and people skills. You could perhaps work on your confidence a little, as several times I have seen you put yourself down with comments like "this is not much good". Believe in yourself, you have been an excellent candidate and to be completely frank I believed you would make the final from the start.

ukturtle

Ben, you are such a good all rounder, I believe you can turn your hand to anything. You too have excellent people skills, I was very impressed with your nurturing and gentle patience towards Vanessa, you boosted her confidence without ever being patronising and I was very impressed. Everything we threw at you in this process you rose to the challenge. I was most impressed with your performance on the Calendar Task, the end result was stunning, and then the final task, where you were out of your comfort zone and managed to master new skills in regards to the graphics aspect of the design. Fantastic.

Last edited by Kate!; 21-11-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 21-11-2012, 05:24 PM #12
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

It's the curse of the slow internet! LOL
Old 21-11-2012, 05:24 PM #13
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Of all the times for my internet to run slow. Sorry about the delay.

This website is focused on a restaurant and academy called Apprentice. It is run by the youngest Michelin star winner, Tom kitchin and focuses on training young apprentices in all fields of hospitality (from chefs, bar tenders, events, front of house etc.) while actually serving the public in an award winning fine dining facility. All food tries to take an authentic twist on Scottish produce and and the academy allows the apprentices the freedom to explore and experiment.

Due to internet and time problems I never finished off the gallery web page and putting the rest of the menus and reviews on to a web page, I did include them in the final submission though.

Reviews to go a web page:

Set in the thriving heart of London, the Apprentice restaurant is perfectly situated for up and coming chefs of all ages to embark on their journey to culinary expertise. The restaurant is ran and owned by Tom Kitchen, the youngest ever winner of a Michelin star, and his passion for food shines through everywhere you look. If you’re an aspiring chef, or merely in search of a good meal, then this is the place to be.

Time Out magazine

Looking for somewhere for Christmas dinner? Why not try the Apprentice Restaurant located at Forte Lane, they offer a range of dishes such as Beef Wellington, Roast halibut and of course, traditional turkey with all the trimmings. The restaurant enjoys a strong reputation for the quality of its food, and at £55 for three courses it’s worth every penny.

http://www.london-eating.co.uk/

There’s a reason we eat here at least twice a week; the food is exquisite, the staff friendly, the décor beautiful and an all round good atmosphere. If there’s a better restaurant out there in London we certainly haven’t been to it yet

Bill & Sue – customers of the year 2012

After leaving school I had no idea what to do my life, I kept changing my mind and coming up with different ideas but one passion of mine remained constant; food. I never thought myself as being any more than someone who cooks as a hobby but the Apprentice Academy changed all that, they paved the way for my career as a chef and everything I know I learned there. Tom is a very hands on teacher and gets involved a lot, and his door was always open for any queries I had. I can’t recommend this place enough for anyone who has even the slightest interest in becoming a chef

Jerry Toggart, Academy graduate

The real strength of the Apprentice restaurant lies in the quality of it’s food; it is simply magnificent. The Canapés come with particularly strong recommendation, ideal for a light meal or if you’re in the mood for sharing, the menu offers the likes of Seared beef tataki, Marinated lime and chilli prawn skewers, and Mini Welsh rarebit all of which are no more than £3 each. The main menu comes at higher cost but is equally delicious, and the passion that the chef and his staff have for food is evident in every dish. There are a series of wins also available, and champagnes, cocktails and spirits can also be bought.

The Daily Telegraph, food and drink

Other Menus to put on the website:

Spoiler:

SET MENU 3

STARTERS

Inverawe smoked salmon
Hand-smoked salmon served with sweet pickled cucumber and beetroot

Stuart Haggis
Scotland’s national dish served with neeps and tatties and a veal sauce

Warm pulled duck salad
Caramelised red onion and goat’s cheese tart (v)

MAINS

Fillet of beef Wellington
Whisky and mushroom sauce, green beans

Halibut
wilted spinach, salmon roe butter sauce

Black truffle and wild mushroom open ravioli (v)
sage butter and parmesan

DESSERTS

Cranachan
a traditional Scottish dish of mixed berries blended with whisky, honey, toasted oats and cream

Bramley apple crumble
vanilla custard

Chocolate pot
shortbread biscuits

A selection of British cheeses (£5 supplement)

£47.50
A discretionary 12.5% service charge will be added to your bill

Canapés Menu

Prices per piece
minimum order 30 pieces per choice
We recommend ordering between 3 and 5 pieces per person

Fish

Mini fishcakes £2
Salmon and smoked salmon pâté on cucumber £3
Marinated lime and chilli prawn skewers £3
Smoked salmon and crème fraîche crostini £3

Meat

Haggis cakes £2
Pigs in blankets £2
Sausage rolls £2
Seared beef tataki £3

Vegetarian

Bruschetta on crostini £2
Roast red onion and goat cheese mini tart £2
Mini Welsh rarebit £2
Black olive tapenade and feta crostini £3
Wild mushroom and leek mini tart £2

Desert canapés

Mini mince pies £2
Mini cranachan £3
Mini chocolate pot £3

A discretionary service charge of 12.5 % will be added to your bill[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salman! View Post
CHRISTMAS MENU

STARTERS

Marinated prawn skewers

Foie gras terrine
Damson jelly and toasted bloomer

Goat’s cheese and beetroot salad
Crottin Chavignol, ruby chard, beetroot and seeds

MAINS

Beef Wellington
Whisky and mushroom sauce, green beans

Roast halibut
Brown shrimp butter

Wild mushroom open ravioli (v)
champagne cream sauce

Roast turkey
Traditional trimmings

DESSERTS

Chocolate pot
Shortbread biscuits

Christmas pudding
Brandy butter

Bramley apple crumble, vanilla custard

A selection of British cheeses

£55

SET MENU 2

STARTERS

Inverawe smoked salmon
Hand-smoked salmon served with sweet pickled cucumber and beetroot

Stuart Haggis
Scotland’s national dish served with neeps and tatties and a veal sauce

Warm pulled duck salad

Caramelised red onion and goat’s cheese tart (v)

MAINS

8oz Scotch Fillet
Hand –cut chips

Halibut
wilted spinach, salmon roe butter sauce

Black truffle and wild mushroom open ravioli (v)
sage butter and parmesan

DESSERTS

Cranachan
a traditional Scottish dish of mixed berries blended with whisky, honey, toasted oats and cream

Bramley apple crumble
vanilla custard

Chocolate pot
shortbread biscuits

A selection of British cheeses

Coffee or tea

£60
[/QUOTE]

LUNCH MENU

Soups
Cream of Celeriac and Rosemary Soup

Starters

Scottish smoked salmon, home-made soda bread, lemon & capers

Crostini with mackerel pate, horseradish & wild sorrel dressing

Goats cheese puff pastry tart with caramelised walnuts (v)

Main Courses
Breast of Guinea Fowl with the leg roasted in a mild curry sauce served with creamed savoy cabbage, onion confit, sweet potato and a mushroom sauce

Fillet of Venison with red cabbage, chestnuts, parsnips and a port wine sauce

Halibut with razor clams & barley risotto with sea shore herb pesto

Desserts:

Sparkenhoe, Dunsyre Blue, Reblochon Chaudron, Valency de Fermier with oatmeal biscuits, grapes and celery

Creme Brulee

Mandarin and Grapefruit Jelly with chantilly cream

DINNER MENU

Soups:
Cream of Carrot, Honey and Ginger Soup

Main courses:
Fillet of Halibut
with herb risotto, aubergine caviar, leeks, tomato and a white wine sauce

Breast of Gressingham Duck
with plum tart tatin, potato rosti and a prune and apple sauce

Loin of Lamb
with dauphinoise potato, pea puree, shallots and a rosemary sauce

Roast Fillet of Beef
with fondant potato, wild mushrooms, shallots and a madeira sauce

Desserts

Passion Fruit Soufflé
with passion fruit sorbet

Stilton, Cheshire, Wigmore and Golden Cross
with oatmeal biscuits, grapes and celery

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Last edited by Benjamin; 21-11-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 05:25 PM #14
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

I swear to God, I was ready to launch my laptop across the room.

Spoiler:

Quote:

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Old 21-11-2012, 05:29 PM #15
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Nice work Jamie and Jon, really nice end results. How hard was that task, lol.

Good luck both of you.

Spoiler:

Quote:

Old 21-11-2012, 05:29 PM #16
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukturtle View Post
I swear to God, I was ready to launch my laptop across the room.
it's stunning. I was watching you work on it, and loved it

Reviews above somewhere ^

Old 21-11-2012, 05:30 PM #17

WOW Ben that's amazing!!! Damn you!!!
Old 21-11-2012, 05:30 PM #18
El Cockroach

Favourites (more):

El Cockroach

Favourites (more):

Yours is amazing Ben

Old 21-11-2012, 05:31 PM #19
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Ben web designs are fantastic! I love his idea. He has tought me so much during this game.
Old 21-11-2012, 05:31 PM #20
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Also a massive thank you to Matt and Salman, could not have done this without you guys.

Spoiler:

Quote:

Old 21-11-2012, 05:32 PM #21

I didn't have any help
Old 21-11-2012, 05:33 PM #22
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
Ben web designs are fantastic! I love his idea. He has tought me so much during this game.
I loved working in this game with you, you managed to keep me calm a lot of the time without even realising it. Glad we were put in the same team from the start.

Spoiler:

Quote:

Old 21-11-2012, 05:34 PM #23
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

Ahem, I have written you each a little review ^^^^

Last edited by Kate!; 21-11-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 21-11-2012, 05:35 PM #24

Thanks Kate

Think the result will be as expected, but I've really enjoyed this game, Thanks for all your hard work Kate
Old 21-11-2012, 05:35 PM #25
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie585 View Post
I didn't have any help
Should have picked your team better. I knew Salman and Matt would be online and knew they worked hard usually during tasks, hence picking them.

But you have done really well by yourself, this task was a bitch to complete. I have never had to design something like this so using a design studio took me a while to master.

Spoiler:

Quote:

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
apprentice, final, task, tibb