Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 01-01-2013, 04:22 PM #1
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Default Nicorette patches ?

Hi ,has anyone used theses patches ? Ive got my 1st one on and my arm is itching like hell,am I allergic to them ? do i take it off ?
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:32 PM #2

I tried them when I was stopping smoking but they did the same thing to me so I stopped. I used an e cig to stop in the end. You get the feeling of smoking plus the nicotine and slowly wean yourself onto lower dosages. The smoke is only vapour but you still get the throat hit.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:34 PM #3
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniek76 View Post
I tried them when I was stopping smoking but they did the same thing to me so I stopped. I used an e cig to stop in the end. You get the feeling of smoking plus the nicotine and slowly wean yourself onto lower dosages. The smoke is only vapour but you still get the throat hit.
My sister in law has lent me one of them ,but cartridge has run out, so tried patches I had bought, but cannot stand the itching,think I will send hubby to shop see if he can get cartridges ,Thanks xxxx
Old 01-01-2013, 04:40 PM #4

Default Allergic Reactions to Nicotine Patches

Quote:
Nicotine patches can help you kick the cigarette habit and abandon smoking forever. When you're trying to quit smoking, nicotine patches can help ease withdrawal symptoms such as headaches, cravings, irritability and difficulty concentrating. Despite being helpful, the patches can also cause a number of side effects, including allergic reactions.

Allergic to Adhesive

Some people might be allergic to the adhesive used to keep the patch stuck to the skin. If you have sensitive skin, try applying the patch on different areas until you find one that doesn't react to the adhesive. Although the upper arm is a popular area for the patch, you don't have to apply it there. Try your upper thigh, your hip or your chest to see if your skin in those areas reacts better.

Allergic to Nicotine

If you're already a smoker, chances are you're not allergic to nicotine. The patch can cause you to absorb too much nicotine at once, which in turn could cause an allergic reaction. A common reason this happens is when people use the patch but keep smoking. Nicotine patches come in different strengths, so if you're still smoking, tell your doctor so he can recommend the proper dosage. According to NetDoctor, you could absorb more nicotine than normal from the patch if you exercise. Exercising opens up the pores, so you might end up with more nicotine than expected in your blood.

Signs of a Skin Reaction

The most common signs of an allergic reaction are redness, itchiness and swelling of the area around the patch. Sometimes a rash develops on the arms or other parts of the body, even areas that are not close to the patch itself.

Serious Allergic Reactions

More serious allergic reactions can cause difficulty breathing or swelling of the throat or mouth. These could be dangerous, so consult your doctor right away if you experience breathing difficulties or if the allergic reaction gets worse over the course of hours or days. Wheezing, hives and difficulty swallowing are also signs of a serious allergic reaction.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/52...#ixzz2Gk6sfffy

So try somewhere else for the patch before giving them up cpmpletely.

They worked for me, except I took the patch off at night because I was getting an overdose of nicotine and experienced hallucinations.

Last edited by Omah; 01-01-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Omah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:39 PM #5
thankyou sir alex

thankyou sir alex

Never worked for me
Old 01-01-2013, 07:35 PM #6
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omah View Post
http://www.livestrong.com/article/52...#ixzz2Gk6sfffy

So try somewhere else for the patch before giving them up cpmpletely.

They worked for me, except I took the patch off at night because I was getting an overdose of nicotine and experienced hallucinations.
Thanks for this,Ive taken it off ,bought some tips for elite,but hubby just taken them back to shop as use by date is 6th Jan 2013, so now driving round trying to get some more

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
nicorette, patches