Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 17-01-2013, 07:49 PM #26
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salman! View Post
Yeah, and we went over that. I didn't mention a specific religion. So I'm afraid you can't hold me to anything.
Old 17-01-2013, 07:55 PM #27

Quote:
Assuming it's a cultural thing is incredibly foolish and ignorant too but won't delve into since you'd probably claim you didn't even know they were Asian
To be fair, some cultures are totally backwards and still living in the dark ages (just have a look at the Middle East), so it isn't an entirely foolish and ignorant assumption to make, even if I don't see how it applies here.

Race doesn't come into it but some Asian cultures are retarded and foolish (as are others). Eastern cultures are generally more backwards and idiotic than Western cultures ... unless you can't see any issue with, say, the fact that women aren't allowed to drive and leave their homes without covering themselves from head to toe in Saudi Arabia?

I'm not really fussed about the cultural element but I can understand those who do believe it played a big part in this.

Incidentally, some people are happy to act like total idiots and use their religion to justify it. I don't think anyone was suggesting that religious books incite this kind of hatred but maybe there's the possibility that some people are going to use it to defend themselves?

Again, I'm not saying either standpoint is right or wrong but I can see both sides to this.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.

Last edited by Redway; 18-01-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 08:04 PM #28

Quote:
He wasn't stating a view he was backtracking and trying to claim he wasn't talking about something which he clearly was.

Oh and InOne if you think a little infraction or ban bothers me then this is another thing to add to your list of delusions
There's no proof of that whatsoever. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Joe was on about how there was probably a correlation between these despicable crimes and culture and how there could be a religious factor as well.

He didn't mention Islam at all, so you can't really hold that against him. He could have been referring to any religion, so he isn't backtracking anything (as far as we know). That's a fact. End of discussion.

You're just assuming things.

I understand your frustration but it just isn't needed.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.

Last edited by Redway; 17-01-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old 17-01-2013, 08:13 PM #29
User banned

User banned

All that makes InOne look is even more stupid there is no cultural or religious factors influencing these crimes and that is absolute 100% fact. Pedophilia is pedophilia has dear old InOne completely ignored the Jimmy Savile case?

Last edited by Me. I Am Salman; 17-01-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Me. I Am Salman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 08:16 PM #30

To be fair, when you're jumping at someone for something they didn't actually say, you're the only one who looks like a fool.

And how is it 100% fact? There are plenty of people who use their religion/culture to justify their idiocy. Have you forgotten 7/7? 9/11? All the other religion extremist acts? That's 100% fact, too, which is why I believe that neither viewpoint is right nor wrong.

I'm not having a go at you, because I do like you, but you're making no sense on this thread at all.

Last edited by Redway; 17-01-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 17-01-2013, 08:20 PM #31
User banned

User banned

how on earth do terrorist attacks relate to this people may use religion to justify their crimes, doesn't mean it's true.
Old 17-01-2013, 08:26 PM #32

Quote:
how on earth do terrorist attacks relate to this people may use religion to justify their crimes, doesn't mean it's true.
They don't but I was trying to convey that many people do use religion to justify their crimes, regardless of the context. I'm not saying it's true in this case but I'm not saying it's false either. No further information has been released about it, so there's no need for anyone to jump to conclusions.

It's probably best to just forget this whole thing and get back to discussing the topic at hand.

Last edited by Redway; 17-01-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 17-01-2013, 09:41 PM #33
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
All that makes InOne look is even more stupid there is no cultural or religious factors influencing these crimes and that is absolute 100% fact. Pedophilia is pedophilia has dear old InOne completely ignored the Jimmy Savile case?
What has Jimmy Savile got to do with this? :S Clutching at straws here.
Old 17-01-2013, 09:58 PM #34

Exclamation Oxford exploitation trial: Girl, 12,forced to have 'back-room abortion'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-21059681

Quote:
A 12-year-old girl who was repeatedly raped by a group of men was also made to have a back-room abortion after falling pregnant, a court has heard.

She is one of six alleged victims of nine men accused of grooming children and exploiting them for sex in Oxford.

She was also "branded" with the initial of a man who claimed to "own her".

The men deny 51 charges including rape, arranging child prostitution and trafficking relating to girls aged between 11 and 15 from 2004 to 2012.

Jurors at the Old Bailey heard the victim, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, was "sold" to Mohammed Karrar when she had just turned 11 to "cure her bad attitude".

Noel Lucas QC, prosecuting, said he then groomed her for sexual activity, giving her alcohol and drugs.

Both he and his brother, Bassam Karrar, repeatedly raped the girl and arranged for her to be raped by other men in a way she described as "torture", the court heard.

Mr Lucas said that on one occasion Mohammed Karrar heated a hair pin with a lighter and branded the girl with the letter M on her buttock to show she belonged to him.

When she became pregnant, aged 12, he arranged for her to have an illegal abortion in a back-room in Reading.

Mr Lucas told jurors: "This brief summary of the very extensive and persistent abuse [she] suffered at the hands of Mohammed Karrar illustrates his view of her as something to be used and abused at will.

"He regarded her as his property. He showed her no regard.

"He felt he was entitled to have sex with her when he wanted and in whatever manner he wanted.

"If she had the courage to resist, he beat her. He branded her to make her his property and to ensure others knew it."

The court heard Mr Karrar would charge men between £400 and £600 to use the girl.
Burning, branding, torture and abortion on Day 1 .....

How bad is this trial going to get .....

Last edited by Omah; 17-01-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Omah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 10:59 PM #35

Could you just imagime the outcry if it were a gang of white blokes preying on young Asian girls???
cobdo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 06:48 AM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobdo View Post
Could you just imagime the outcry if it were a gang of white blokes preying on young Asian girls???
Could you stop doing this? It's sickening for all involved and I don't see the merit in turning a very serious discussion into a race discussion - again. Give it a rest.

Old 18-01-2013, 08:11 AM #37
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Where is your evidence to support your theory that culture is not a factor?
You can't quote your own personal statements and opinion as facts.

Last edited by Kizzy; 18-01-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 09:35 AM #38
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
Could you stop doing this? It's sickening for all involved and I don't see the merit in turning a very serious discussion into a race discussion - again. Give it a rest.
It is a race discussion though really. All these cases in the North and now this one involve men of Pakistani decent. It can't be all just one big coincidence, there's something seriously wrong within that community. Did you see that doc about it a few months back? Even their own commuinity leaders said the race aspect is something that needs to be addressed.
Old 18-01-2013, 12:37 PM #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOne View Post
It is a race discussion though really. All these cases in the North and now this one involve men of Pakistani decent. It can't be all just one big coincidence, there's something seriously wrong within that community. Did you see that doc about it a few months back? Even their own commuinity leaders said the race aspect is something that needs to be addressed.
I understand, but that poster was trying to create the situation where it seems to be non-whites who get off easier than white people, which is absolute bollocks - it's probably the complete opposite of that.

I agree that the Asian community (non-oriental) has serious problems with this sort of thing.

Old 18-01-2013, 12:38 PM #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Where is your evidence to support your theory that culture is not a factor?
You can't quote your own personal statements and opinion as facts.
I don't usually agree with you but it seems you're right here.

Old 18-01-2013, 12:51 PM #41
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I usually am...
Old 18-01-2013, 01:28 PM #42
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Are you a media puppet? The only reason why all these cases in the news involve Asian men is because it's what the media chooses to report. BBC Question Time reported last year that 95% of pedophiles in prison are in fact white. And the biggest pedophilia case right now involves a white man. Are you going to bring up race now? Of course you won't

Also stop saying 'race' it's an incredibly stupid word.
Old 18-01-2013, 06:32 PM #43
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

The truth about 'Asian sex gangs' (Guardian)

''At present, the closest we have to a national estimate comes from CEOP's 2011 scoping study into "localised grooming", roughly synonymous with on-street grooming. Response rates to the researchers request for data from police, children's services and the third sector, were low. Based on these patchy data, CEOP suggest there are over 2,000 "potential offenders" in the UK. Most of these, however, will never have been formally identified, let alone arrested, charged or prosecuted. Ethnicity data were available for just one-third. Of these, 49% were white and 46% Asian: the proportion of Pakistani Asians remains unknown. However, in a country where Asians constitute 7% of the general population, this is a striking figure.

We believe that there are two main profiles of the on-street groomer. First, we have the white offenders, who typically offend alone. So far, nothing new: the lone white male is the norm for UK child sex offences. Second, however, there are Asian offenders, many of whom are of Pakistani origin. They seem much more likely to offend in groups, lending their abuse a curiously social dimension. In our research, which focuses on large offending groups, we analysed police data from five major on-street grooming investigations. Of the 52 suspects charged, 83% were Asian Pakistani, 11% Asian other and 6% white British. These are shocking statistics and the over-representation of Asian offenders within this dataset certainly merits attention. There may be important factors that explain why the bigger networks have been largely Asian''

Last edited by Kizzy; 18-01-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 06:53 PM #44

Exactly. So it isn't the media being biased and only showing cases of Asians but reporting what it is. There's no room for discussion, even if you don't like what's being said. You don't get to toy with statistics.

Old 19-01-2013, 01:50 AM #45
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Are you a media puppet? The only reason why all these cases in the news involve Asian men is because it's what the media chooses to report. BBC Question Time reported last year that 95% of pedophiles in prison are in fact white. And the biggest pedophilia case right now involves a white man. Are you going to bring up race now? Of course you won't

Also stop saying 'race' it's an incredibly stupid word.
That's right, blame it all on the white man Classic deflection.
Old 19-01-2013, 02:01 AM #46
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

not worth it

Last edited by InOne; 19-01-2013 at 08:53 AM.
InOne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 09:34 AM #47
User banned

User banned

Quote:
That's right, blame it all on the white man Classic deflection.
Trying to twist my words to make me look bad, how desperate
All I was trying to show is that it's nothing to do with culture.
Old 19-01-2013, 09:37 AM #48

Quote:
Trying to twist my words to make me look bad, how desperate
All I was trying to show is that it's nothing to do with culture.
To be fair, you didn't do that very well. I refer you to post #43.

Old 19-01-2013, 09:41 AM #49
User banned

User banned

my god i really don't care
Old 19-01-2013, 09:50 AM #50

Then stop debating. It's clear that the Pakistani community has serious problems with their men coming over here to rape young girls. It's there for you in black and white. End of.

Stop trying to defend it and accept reality.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
abuse, child, committed, depraved, oxford, ring, sex