Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB11 Celebrity Big Brother 11 on Channel 5, shown January 2013. Discuss here.

Old 25-01-2013, 09:19 AM #1
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
Default What does playing the game mean

Surely playing the BB game is all about applying tactics in a gameplayer mode, which inadvertantly seduces the public into voting for them. The show has had a history of winners being the most popular and in many cases the most loved or entertaining people in the house. Aaron was a master of this tactic and although the cheap FB votes propelled him to victory, I cant see a parallel to whats going on this year.

Speidi have been very entertaining in some peoples eyes (the lesser majority) and interesting in most peoples eyes. There is no doubt they have carried the series this year but for the wrong reasons. I was under the illusion CBB was a popularity contest where the winner was the most popular. This year that format has been torn up and the Speidigate scenario has got us all fighting.

If they win, they win by default as there are insufficient normal votes to get them through, so by virtue of the fact that even their most ardent supporters are saying they cant win, it would be a travesty if they were propelled to victory by any outside and well funded source.

BB are going to end up the masters of their own destiny here. They brought in 2 master gamers to be nasty (Speidi admitted this last night) and they have only done what they were paid to do. I am now begginning to understand them now and my vitriolic feeling towards them are subsiding but still not enough to like them. If they win the CBB and indeed the normal BB format will be so badly dameaged it will never recover.

Lets hope Razor wins as he represents the fun loving type of player. Rylans victory has negatives attached to it for the letting him out scenario and if \Speidi wins it will be the death of the show. I was looking forward to the final, now I am not that interested as its going to be more of the same from the HM,s slagging off Speidi and CH5 defending them. Even Emma is confussed. Seems strange to me that the main line presenter of the show is in the dark, that dosent ring true.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 09:30 AM #2

if speidi win (which they won't. rylan will take it) it will be legit. they have no huge fan base in the us. trust me. there is no "outside well funded source"
wendywillow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 09:57 AM #3
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
CBB 11: Speidi
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):

This millionaire voting is just Tricia rehashing what she said last year, about K&K. She's a sore loser! If Heidi & Spencer win (which I don't think they will by the way) it'll be because people voted more than they did for the others. Simple as that. I believe Razor will win it anyway.

Don't buy the sun!!
Gillian-73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 10:00 AM #4
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
Even Emma is confussed. Seems strange to me that the main line presenter of the show is in the dark, that dosent ring true.
Why do you find that strange?

Don't buy the sun!!
Old 25-01-2013, 10:18 AM #5

I agree a Speide win will signal the end of Big Brother as we know it. It has been slowly going down that route for a whole now but employing actors and briefing them to do a specific job goes against all that BB should be about for me. If I wanted to watch a reality show with scripted actors l would watch MIC or TOWIE. BB is still the best reality show on TV for me but I have found this series to be the most challenging to stick with due to the reasons above and too much interference and bias from the BB producers. We have had a houseful of people but have only seen a few.

People could say that this is to do with the fact that they were boring but let's be honest they were never given an opportunity to shine. All the tasks etc were given to either Speide or Rylan. The whole edit just revolved around them and the others were just bit part players put in there for Speide to break down.

People could argue that the ratings have been quite good for this series due to the confrontational nature and the two sides but do the Speide fans feel cheated to know that it was all an act and they were playing totally fake characters. I know I would.

What I would really love to see is BB back to basics but unfortunately after this series and seeing how low the producers will stoop for ratings I think I will be disappointed and if this is the case and we end up with a soap scenario then I will take my leave.
Trasadkel1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 10:22 AM #6

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

Favourites:

bb should be about the best nicest most entertaining housemate wins but this year is different. if you look at bb this year as a game show then the best player should win and that would be spencer heidi as they are the best game players and have brought more to the series than the rest whether you like or dislike them.

if its based on personality then rylan has the crown

if its based on being yourself & likeability then it goes to clare as boring as she is

razor would be a disgrace. total fake and a sneaky one he knows exactly what he is doing im not fooled . and toadie is also a sneaky skulky troll who shouldn't win

we all know rylan is going to win anyway so doesn't matter. he has been a sneaky gameplayer very smart as what to do. but he has personality. americans never win they got no chance though it would be funny if they did. i'd like to win just to p off the others. lol
Old 25-01-2013, 10:23 AM #7
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trasadkel1 View Post
I agree a Speide win will signal the end of Big Brother as we know it. It has been slowly going down that route for a whole now but employing actors and briefing them to do a specific job goes against all that BB should be about for me. If I wanted to watch a reality show with scripted actors l would watch MIC or TOWIE. BB is still the best reality show on TV for me but I have found this series to be the most challenging to stick with due to the reasons above and too much interference and bias from the BB producers. We have had a houseful of people but have only seen a few.

People could say that this is to do with the fact that they were boring but let's be honest they were never given an opportunity to shine. All the tasks etc were given to either Speide or Rylan. The whole edit just revolved around them and the others were just bit part players put in there for Speide to break down.

People could argue that the ratings have been quite good for this series due to the confrontational nature and the two sides but do the Speide fans feel cheated to know that it was all an act and they were playing totally fake characters. I know I would.

What I would really love to see is BB back to basics but unfortunately after this series and seeing how low the producers will stoop for ratings I think I will be disappointed and if this is the case and we end up with a soap scenario then I will take my leave.
When Spencer said bb had paid him to be the villain/baddie, I didn't think that meant he'd been briefed on what to do etc but that, being the baddie is what he's known for so that was what was expected of him. I hope that makes sense

Don't buy the sun!!
Old 25-01-2013, 10:32 AM #8

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:

this is celeb bb i think we should treat it differently they are celebs after all. spencer was brought in to stir things up and he delivered .it wont happen in a normal bb
the others could of shined if they had personalities they were all just too timid. has nothing to do with edits. if they had done something interesting they would of been shown. obviiously they didn't they couldn't even argue like normal people. they were too scared of their public image.
Old 25-01-2013, 10:35 AM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian-73 View Post
When Spencer said bb had paid him to be the villain/baddie, I didn't think that meant he'd been briefed on what to do etc but that, being the baddie is what he's known for so that was what was expected of him. I hope that makes sense
I think it is pretty obvious that he has been briefed on what BB expected of him. He said as much in the diary room. I have no qualms that the pair of them had no trouble playing their parts. There have got to be reasons why Heidi's family have disowned her and they are outcasts in their own country.

I do think that they are v surprised to still be here. I can understand why. America is a v patriotic country and would support their own no matter what. It always makes me laugh how we as a country are so unpatriotic.
Trasadkel1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 10:44 AM #10
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
I think it is pretty obvious that he has been briefed on what BB expected of him. He said as much in the diary room. I have no qualms that the pair of them had no trouble playing their parts. There have got to be reasons why Heidi's family have disowned her and they are outcasts in their own country.

I do think that they are v surprised to still be here. I can understand why. America is a v patriotic country and would support their own no matter what. It always makes me laugh how we as a country are so unpatriotic.
T

That will be why all the Americans have won in the past then. It really should have nothing to do with nationality, but on who delivered. It's CBB not BCBB.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 10:55 AM #11

Quote:

Yes and Speidi been American would have thought they wont get far on a cbb in England. You could tell their shock of been kept in over their other housemates.
Ellen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 10:56 AM #12
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Where housemates come from doesn't come in to it, for me!

Don't buy the sun!!
Old 25-01-2013, 11:43 AM #13
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
Surely playing the BB game is all about applying tactics in a gameplayer mode, which inadvertantly seduces the public into voting for them. The show has had a history of winners being the most popular and in many cases the most loved or entertaining people in the house. Aaron was a master of this tactic and although the cheap FB votes propelled him to victory, I cant see a parallel to whats going on this year.

Speidi have been very entertaining in some peoples eyes (the lesser majority) and interesting in most peoples eyes. There is no doubt they have carried the series this year but for the wrong reasons. I was under the illusion CBB was a popularity contest where the winner was the most popular. This year that format has been torn up and the Speidigate scenario has got us all fighting.

If they win, they win by default as there are insufficient normal votes to get them through, so by virtue of the fact that even their most ardent supporters are saying they cant win, it would be a travesty if they were propelled to victory by any outside and well funded source.

BB are going to end up the masters of their own destiny here. They brought in 2 master gamers to be nasty (Speidi admitted this last night) and they have only done what they were paid to do. I am now begginning to understand them now and my vitriolic feeling towards them are subsiding but still not enough to like them. If they win the CBB and indeed the normal BB format will be so badly dameaged it will never recover.

Lets hope Razor wins as he represents the fun loving type of player. Rylans victory has negatives attached to it for the letting him out scenario and if \Speidi wins it will be the death of the show. I was looking forward to the final, now I am not that interested as its going to be more of the same from the HM,s slagging off Speidi and CH5 defending them. Even Emma is confussed. Seems strange to me that the main line presenter of the show is in the dark, that dosent ring true.
"it's only a game show, it's only a game show", it's only a game show, it's only a game.

we get it, you don't like them, we got it the first time you told us, chill out, it's all you've done for the full series, say the same thing in every post.

I think they're both a bunch of weird freaks, but that dosen't derail the fact they have been the stars of this series by a long, long way, and totally deserve to be the winners, no matter what kind of people they are.

You talk about them as though they're murderers or paedo's , they're just a couple of fame hungry oddballs on a reality tv show.

they're not gonna win Rylan is, so i imaging you'll be back on later to tell every one you told us so, and justice has prevailed.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
game, playing