Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Reality TV Reality TV Show Discussion. Including Survivor, America's Next Top Model, RuPaul's Drag Race and The Only Way is Essex.

Old 29-10-2002, 09:40 PM #26

I know I am likely to be hailed upon by torrents of abuse, but I think Ainslie is working it big time. Angst ridden artiste talking to himself, acting off the wall etc.

Not to say he isn't talented, but he is starting to annoy me a smidgin'.
Romantic Old Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2002, 10:03 PM #27

Yeah, Ainslie's behaviour tonight was a bit werid to say the least!!

It seems like it's starting to hack Nigel off too and I think he has a point. However, the viewing public love a bit of eccentricity so I think it will work in Ainslie's favour.
kaphc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2002, 10:07 PM #28
Administrator

Administrator

I agree with you, ROB.

I think Ainslie's going a wee bit 'stir crazy' just now, after the pressure of being Grade A student, and also being confined indoors during the recent storms.

However, I think Nigel was right when he said that Ainslie gets away with much more that he does, for whatever reason. And it was really tactless of him to say to David that he would have voted him out on Friday. I know he talked later to Malachi and said he didn't know why he'd said it, and wished he hadn't, but although David took it in good humour it must have hurt him.

Having said all that, I still like Ainslie and think he's got tremendous talent. He just needs to 'cool it' a bit.
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2002, 04:10 PM #29
Fyodor

Fyodor

Ainslie

Ainslie is a unique, quirky character and is by far the most creative student in the academy. With this creativitiy and quirkiness comes bizarre behaviour/madness. Personally this makes me like him all the more. To me he is the most likely star out of all of the reality/music shows. Apart from his performances the best bit of FA for me so far, has been watching Ainslie deal with the boredom and lack of stimulus. As for his working the bad boy image, I disagree, at this point I feel Ainslie, Sinead, Malachi, Katie and Lemar are the ONLY genuine people in there.

As for Nigel, I think if he had a creative thought he'd feel another headache come on, his brain is just not use to it!

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2002, 04:20 PM #30

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

Ainselle is going crazy lol

Im glad Sinead got grade A

Im surprised at the people on probation though

BigSister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2002, 04:59 PM #31

I agree with you about Ainslie ROB even Camilla said yesterday, on the bbc choice programme that, he know's how to play the cameras!

I'm glad Sinead is Grade A she's been singing well!

I'm shocked that Pippa is up on probation, she's improved so much!
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2002, 05:05 PM #32
Fyodor

Fyodor

I like Pippa, and agree she has improved. But do you not think she just belts a song out without knowing how to use her voice properly? Maybe its just inexperience, but her voice seems so one dimensional.
Old 30-10-2002, 05:29 PM #33

I think Pippa's dance movements are lacking fluidity and agree Fyodor that she is just belting it out.

Also, and this is completely illogical, and I can't put my finger on it, but I don't actually LIKE her. Sorry!
Romantic Old Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2002, 07:54 PM #34

Hi
Im sooooo glad Sinead is grade A and i love the song "confused" that shes singing good luck! and also !! i dont want either Katie Pippa or great Nigel to go, but Pippa it has to be, cause Katie is near to wear i live and her maddonna song is brilliant!
adam
bbceleb1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2002, 07:58 PM #35

I think it's time for Katie to go now. She was very good last Friday but she's been struggling and I heard that she only started practicing her song either last night or today!

If she doesn't go, then it will be Pippa because she shouts when she sings and that sounds a bit grating.

Whatever happens, Nigel will stay. He's the only one of the three who seems to REALLY want to succeed (and he's very cute as well! )
Janette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2002, 08:03 PM #36

Hi
Nigel seems to be really down to earrth, in a chat with Carrie this morning he started crying when he was talking about the ring his brother had given him. it proves hes a real nice guy and sooo genuine!@ plz vote Nigel to stay!! btw have u seen the way Marli and Ainslie are ganging up on Lemar a bit which is way unfair .
Old 30-10-2002, 08:11 PM #37
Fyodor

Fyodor

Nigel should definately go this week, i can see what Carrie meant when she said he would appeal to a certain type of person. For me personally his voice is the most annoying, cant but my finger on why, but I do now put my finger on the mute button. He is as far as I can see the least genuine student, Mr 'moany' and the only student I dislike. As for his looks errrr, each to their own.

As you can tell I like to sit on the fence

Old 30-10-2002, 08:17 PM #38

Old 30-10-2002, 08:46 PM #39

Hi
Noooooooo way!! thats IMO i think hes great and his voice is sooo powerfull!he sooo deserves to win but i can it between him and Lemar
Old 30-10-2002, 09:49 PM #40

I think the teachers have already made up their mind who is going to win. For instance I didnt think Lemar was very good on Friday, but they were really praising him and as for Marli I thought she was definitely up for probation this week, but as Nigel said they have fallen back on the regulars. Do you think Katie will do a Paul Clarke and beat the eviction again. lol

I dont think so, but I am still biased towards her.

Like many others I think Ainslie is getting too big for his boots and needs bringing down a peg or two. Ainslie you are an unknown singer/songwriter not Robbie Williams. Mind you the head teacher gives the impression that he could get away with anything.
BusyBee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2002, 10:09 PM #41

i dont mind if either Pippa or Katie go this week, they are the 2 i dislike the most and i dont think they sing particularly well. i am looking forward to seeing Lemar singing with Lionel Richie! i saw a clip earlier on BBC Choice and that was pretty damn good! unfortunately i probably wont see it until Sunday cos im going away.
David really impressed me last night! im glad he proved Carrie wrong about not being boy band material!
and i still love Ainslie! he may be weird but at least he stands out! he kind of reminds me of the way Spanky behaved in BB this year, although Spanky wasnt quite so strange as to start talking to squirrels and such like. although there was Sandy who looked like some sort of gerbil, but anyway, i like his+Malachis sort of double act at the minute!
em is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2002, 10:14 PM #42

Default Lionel

Lionel Ritchie was amazing on the fame acadmey today, I watched it non-stop for 3 hours
finch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2002, 10:27 PM #43

I've been glued to Fame Academy ever since I got home from work tonight. It's been compulsive viewing. Lionel Ritchie was "stonking"!! Can't wait to see Lemar duet with him on Friday.

Oh, and as a big fan of Nigel (as well as Lemar) I really hope he stays this week.

Mairi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2002, 10:36 PM #44

Just one question -

Why is Lemar doing a duet with Lionel Ritchie?

Surely the Class A student should be getting the breaks, not someone who just happens to have a pretty if slightly flat voice!

I'm sorry, but this stinks of favouritism!
Old 31-10-2002, 01:42 PM #45

Lemar is doing the duet with Lionel Richie because Lionel specifically asked for Lemar.

LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 02:47 PM #46
Fyodor

Fyodor

On Lemar its pretty obvious he has been chosen as the winner already by the 'important people'. Lets just see if the public behave like sheep as usual.

I have just watched last nights show, and I have to admit, Pippa deserved to go. As much as I dislike Nigel he was better then Pippa.

Ainslie and David's duet last night was the highlight for me, David is growing on me all the time!

As for Sinead she is still my second fave, but she disappointed me last night, as did Lemar!

Old 08-11-2002, 10:43 PM #47

As a fellow Bristolian I would just like to say

WELL DONE KATIE

I thought she did really well tonight. Sang well and gave a good performance. But I bet she's on probation again next week. Poor girl she deserves a week off. They've tried to get rid of her, but they just cant (to paraphrase something I've heard before).

And well done to David he was brilliant. Certainly putting the cat amongst the pigeons of all the teachers who have already picked Lemar to win - shades of Pop Idol here.
BusyBee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 10:52 PM #48

Hi BusyBee.

As another Katie fan I'd also like to add my congratulations on a brilliant performance tonight. She certainly deserved to win the viewers' vote. She sang her little socks off. Bless her heart.

Really pleased that Malachi stayed too as he's a such a sweetie.

David's new song was lovely and I'll certainly buy his album when it comes out. My fingers are crossed now that he and Katie duet next week with the song that they wrote recently. I think it's called "Kiss Your Tears Away".

I also thought Lemar and Nigel shone again tonight. It's going to be so hard to pick anyone to be on probation next week.

Old 08-11-2002, 11:41 PM #49

tonights show was amazing! All the students sounded fantastic, some more than others but WOW!!! After the probation performances I realised I actually didn't want any of the 3 to leave! Marli and Katie were the better 2 I thought but Malachi's was entertainment! He really put his personality into his song but i think he'll be on probation! Nigel+Ainslie surprised me tonight, I didn't think they were at all suited to each other voice wise but they were brilliant! Pure class! David, he gave me goosebumps! That song is gorgeous, first time I'd heard it and it was absolutely gorgeous! Deserved his Grade A so much! Sinead and Lemar were the bottom performers for me tonight. I don't wanna say they were the worst because they were still good but their voices are also too different! i didn't think Sinead was that bad, nor Lemar and I don't agree with Carrie and co going on and on about Lemar because again he wasn't the best tonight at all but I have a feeling they are gonna make him Grade A next week, again, because they wanted him GA this week.

My only complaint about tonight, or quiery, is that:-

Did Mariah Carey *MIME*???? I know she can sing and she's good but as if she is that good!!!!! That's disgraceful if she did!!! She kept turning her head from the microphone and she seemed so up herself when Cat was interviewing her, was it just me or did Mariah sort of grab Cat's hand or something!! Freaky diva!! don't like her much!!

Wasn't surprised that Katie won the public vote really, she blew me away. But i didn't expect a total whitewash against Marli. Bless Ainslie though, that must have been hard for him.

I wish Marli good luck, she is very talented and while i think she deserved probation because of last weeks performance she did shine and show her true potential tonight. good luck to her!

and for christs sake JUDGES/TEACHERS will u give Patrick a straight answer for once!!!! it's doing my head in!!!!
em is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 12:03 AM #50

Quote:
Originally posted by em
Did Mariah Carey *MIME*????
I'd put money on it, em.

VERY disappointing.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
class, probationers