Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:42 PM #26
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidHoe View Post
Nurses may be stretched but some are just plain lazy.

I have family who are nurses so I have no biase at all, good nurses are a credit to their profession, but bad ones are a disgrace. When my ex boyfriends Grandad had a stroke the nurse dealing with him was at best, utterly worthless.

He was left without food one day because she stated he was 'refusing food' which was not the case, another patient in the ward told us the nurse had put the food on a side table and left it there until it was removed, a man a few days after a stroke can not feed himself, he's not being difficult he is physically unable.

Another patient on the ward had told my ex Mum she had asked to use the bathroom an hour before, the same nurse had left the woman claiming to be busy yet we watched her chat and eat quality street for almost 20 minutes, finally my ex Mum went and spoke to the nurse and finally the poor woman was brought a commode.

Sadly he died but to this day I believe he could have pulled through or at least had a more dignified end if that nurse had not been such a lazy waster. Nothing came of it, the hospital backed her up of course but in my eyes it was all out neglect.
this is not the exception to the rule, this is the rule these days and the good cafring nurse is the exception. the way its coverred up chills my blood. this will continue until these lily livered politicians tighten up procedures and laws. the corruption in hospital wards is astonishing nowadays....whilst there are good nurses, they are overworked to make up for the uselessness of some cold corrupt useless nurses....there are thousands of uncaring lazy uncaring nurses, loads of useless greedy wasteful burocrats, medical secretaries behave like pitbulls, occpational therapists are a waste of space and the trust members well the ones Ive met are a disgrace.....oh then try the ombdsman,,,,theyre even worse. its lie upon lie upon lie, its a shambles from top to bottom.

Last edited by the truth; 07-02-2013 at 11:42 PM.
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:56 PM #27

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
We live pretty near to Stafford,I had my babies there,We always thought they were pretty good,but that was before all this came to light,my father died there 4 years ago and have to admit we wonder now if he got the right care,not much we can do about it now but it has made us very wary of the hospital and I guess it would other people too.
Really sorry to hear that Kazanne, brings a personal dimension into this news story.
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:57 PM #28
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
a couple? that is plain offensive to all the family and friends of the thousands who have died due to this gisgusting nursing neglect in stafford and many other failing hospitals....11 in this report but this is systematic across the nation. the nurisng union is way too powerful and politicians have sucked up to them way too lomg just for votes. its pathetic and as proved its beyond dangerous. these nurses disgust me. to think of them ignoring patients who have died of thirst in a british hospital, lying in faecas for weeks, going without the correct medication, 25000 dying of clots picked up in hospitals due to nursing neglect, DNR's that have been placed on beds to in effect allow people to die without consulting families at all....

the list of abuse is horrific....This is just the beginning. I genuinely sincerely hope you personally look into this and dont be complacent for yourself or your friends and family , because this abuse can happen to any innocent person at any time. some people have gone into hospital with a chest infection and come out in a body bag. Once youre in that situation you slowly fall apart and youre too weak and confused to get help, to get answers or even basic compassion, Ive seen it, like tens of thousands of others....this isnt about money , this is about morals and values...the nhs must stop recruiting people who want to be nurses until they show they have the right level of compassion, care, empathy and all the other qualities we expect from nurses... this failure and cover up is one of the biggest in british history. it has been hiddden for many years but slowly but surely the truth will pour out like volcanic lava
Nurses do not run the NHS, nor do they prescribe or have the authority to place DNR in patients notes.
Your fixation is misplaced on who is at fault, that's the truth.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:58 PM #29
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

I don't know if I agree it's as widely abundant as you say, but neglect in the medical profession at all is awful.
Amy Jade is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:07 AM #30
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Nurses do not run the NHS, nor do they prescribe or have the authority to place DNR in patients notes.
That is totally correct, they also cannot just give out painkillers either without the permission of a Doctor. If a Nurse is asked for painkillers but they haven't been cleared by a Doctor,then until the Nursing staff manage to reach the Doctor they are unable to bring them.

I agree things like that need speeded up but overall in the whole NHS,I would still support the Nursing staff, there will be bad staff, no one doubts that,I would state though that in my opinion the vast majority of Nursing staff do and try to do their care and jobs to as near excellence as they can.

Clearly some Hospitals and nusrsing staff have fallen well short of the care they should be giving,such as at Stafford and that needs to be dealt with and heads should roll definitely.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:08 AM #31
User banned

User banned

Quote:
no its not. they must take personal responsibility for the disgusting neglect theyre guilty of. you need to read how horrific this report is and how enormous the abuse is with 290 recommendations. these nurses simply didnt care as they allowed people to die from neglect all around them

I would also add to blame it all on money is nonsense. this abuse happened over a period of time under labour when more money was pumped into the nhs than ever. yet as the money rose the morals fell.

have you read the report?
Old 08-02-2013, 12:09 AM #32
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidHoe View Post
I don't know if I agree it's as widely abundant as you say, but neglect in the medical profession at all is awful.
its more abundant. Id suggest you read the report for starters, also take a look at your own local hospital and read the stories.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:18 PM #33
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

"They were failed by a system which ignored the warning signs and put corporate self-interest and cost control ahead of patients and their safety."

They both criticised the cost-cutting and target-chasing culture that had developed at the Mid Staffordshire Trust, which ran the hospital.

From the report..
''But staffing levels were also said to be too low because the trust was trying to slash costs by Ł10m.''

Truth, what are you expecting?... do you think that you can reduce and remove staff and funding without it affecting patient care?..

Ultimately who is to blame? I know you say the nurses but I disagree, they are spread very thin, disreguarded when highlighting issues, overworked and undervalued.
Of course there will be one or two bad apples that have slipped through but is that not the same in any profession?
Old 08-02-2013, 03:54 PM #34
User banned

User banned

Quote:
"They were failed by a system which ignored the warning signs and put corporate self-interest and cost control ahead of patients and their safety."

They both criticised the cost-cutting and target-chasing culture that had developed at the Mid Staffordshire Trust, which ran the hospital.

From the report..
''But staffing levels were also said to be too low because the trust was trying to slash costs by Ł10m.''

Truth, what are you expecting?... do you think that you can reduce and remove staff and funding without it affecting patient care?..

Ultimately who is to blame? I know you say the nurses but I disagree, they are spread very thin, disreguarded when highlighting issues, overworked and undervalued.
Of course there will be one or two bad apples that have slipped through but is that not the same in any profession?
very selective the parts you choose to listen to

patients were drinking water out of flower vases to stay alive, patients literally died of thirst in front of the nurses who didnt even keep them alive with water? sorry no one can pass that buck anywhere, its disgusting and these nurses must face prosecution

more money was pumped into the nhs at that time than ever in its history, so to simply blame money is nonsense. this is a question of management yes but also the basic human morality of these nurses.

My ONLY sympathy is for the poor abused neglected manslaughtered dead patients and their friends and family , some of whom are members of this website. sorry for you to try and cleafr than names of all these nurses on here is callous cold and cruel and shameful. please show more respect for people here and everywhere else who have lost thousands of loved ones through nursing neglect. even lord faulkner admitted last night on question time, this was a failure by nurses and politicians and management. all were guilty of these horrors.

25000 people died from blood clots last year that were picked up in hospitals by poor nursing practices. I would also add nurses have way more support too than previous decades, cleaners do the cleaning, cooks bring the food and often drinks, you have auxillary nurses too. they have the biggest union in the contry supporting them too. I have as much sympathy for these nurses as they had for the dead patients dying all around them through sheer neglect , NO SYMPATHY AT ALL.

I couldnt watch people die of thirst around me , could you?
Old 08-02-2013, 05:05 PM #35
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
very selective the parts you choose to listen to

patients were drinking water out of flower vases to stay alive, patients literally died of thirst in front of the nurses who didnt even keep them alive with water? sorry no one can pass that buck anywhere, its disgusting and these nurses must face prosecution

more money was pumped into the nhs at that time than ever in its history, so to simply blame money is nonsense. this is a question of management yes but also the basic human morality of these nurses.

My ONLY sympathy is for the poor abused neglected manslaughtered dead patients and their friends and family , some of whom are members of this website. sorry for you to try and cleafr than names of all these nurses on here is callous cold and cruel and shameful. please show more respect for people here and everywhere else who have lost thousands of loved ones through nursing neglect. even lord faulkner admitted last night on question time, this was a failure by nurses and politicians and management. all were guilty of these horrors.

25000 people died from blood clots last year that were picked up in hospitals by poor nursing practices. I would also add nurses have way more support too than previous decades, cleaners do the cleaning, cooks bring the food and often drinks, you have auxillary nurses too. they have the biggest union in the contry supporting them too. I have as much sympathy for these nurses as they had for the dead patients dying all around them through sheer neglect , NO SYMPATHY AT ALL.

I couldnt watch people die of thirst around me , could you?
Why did you ask me to read the report and comment on the facts that are screaming out from it about the failings within management structures,will they face any repercussions for the fallout?....will they *******.
I states quite clearly that they were struggling with budget cuts and yet you insist the government were throwing money at the NHS ..
Were you reading the same report I was , doesen't seem like it .
The RCN was criticised for not listening to nurses screaming out for intervention...now they appear to be shouldering the blame for this sorry state, it's like blaming the loss of a war on the poor sods charging out of the trenches into the line of fire!
Old 08-02-2013, 05:21 PM #36
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:
BB17: Lateysha

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

It is disgusting how these patients were treated and the attitudes of some of the staff and management there leave a lot to be desired on what has been covered, but I hope the necessary changes will be made to prevent things like this from happening again.

It is such a shame that it might dampen some peoples faith in the NHS and IMO some of the hard working and dedicated staff will get dragged down with this bad publicity because if anything it is these people who deserve more recognition for what they do, but the most important thing right now is that the families of former or deceased patients have justice for their loved ones.

Champions 2013! #20
Thanks for everything SAF- Legend!
Proud HHH fan- TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!
bbfan1991 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:34 PM #37
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Why did you ask me to read the report and comment on the facts that are screaming out from it about the failings within management structures,will they face any repercussions for the fallout?....will they *******.
I states quite clearly that they were struggling with budget cuts and yet you insist the government were throwing money at the NHS ..
Were you reading the same report I was , doesen't seem like it .
The RCN was criticised for not listening to nurses screaming out for intervention...now they appear to be shouldering the blame for this sorry state, it's like blaming the loss of a war on the poor sods charging out of the trenches into the line of fire!
I guess you ignored the parts were patients died of thirst, because nurses didnt give them drinks of water, or died ecause they werent given their basic medication by nurses, or simply died through being ignored, or the 25000 who died of clots across the uk last year because of nursing incompetence and failure to prevent and to diagnose clots...why do you ignore these life and death issues? do you not care? I ask again, could you ignore patients requests for simple glasses of water as they die of thirst around you?
Old 08-02-2013, 05:36 PM #38
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfan1991 View Post
It is disgusting how these patients were treated and the attitudes of some of the staff and management there leave a lot to be desired on what has been covered, but I hope the necessary changes will be made to prevent things like this from happening again.

It is such a shame that it might dampen some peoples faith in the NHS and IMO some of the hard working and dedicated staff will get dragged down with this bad publicity because if anything it is these people who deserve more recognition for what they do, but the most important thing right now is that the families of former or deceased patients have justice for their loved ones.
I agree with paragraph 1 but not paragraph 2. the ONLy shame is that 1200 innocent people died through neglect, the egos of nurses or staff are irrelevant compared to the horror of the brutal deaths these innocent people suffered from and the lies their families were told. I do agree with your last sentence though, justice must be done, people , management, nurses must be prosecuted. alan johnson should also be dragged over the coals , he was partly responsible and his mealy mouthed drivel on this week , last night was a disgrace
Old 08-02-2013, 05:59 PM #39
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
I guess you ignored the parts were patients died of thirst, because nurses didnt give them drinks of water, or died ecause they werent given their basic medication by nurses, or simply died through being ignored, or the 25000 who died of clots across the uk last year because of nursing incompetence and failure to prevent and to diagnose clots...why do you ignore these life and death issues? do you not care? I ask again, could you ignore patients requests for simple glasses of water as they die of thirst around you?
Stop making this so personal, debate the point don't create some bizarre hypothetical.
Once again nurses do not prescribe, nor do they diagnose. We are going round and around here, I have agreed that there will be a few that have been negligable in their care but to denigrate every honest decent hardworking nurse in the UK is wrong.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:30 PM #40
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

Quote:
I agree with paragraph 1 but not paragraph 2. the ONLy shame is that 1200 innocent people died through neglect, the egos of nurses or staff are irrelevant compared to the horror of the brutal deaths these innocent people suffered from and the lies their families were told. I do agree with your last sentence though, justice must be done, people , management, nurses must be prosecuted. alan johnson should also be dragged over the coals , he was partly responsible and his mealy mouthed drivel on this week , last night was a disgrace
My reference regarding to the NHS staff was not about egos, it is just that I do not think that those who have lost faith in the NHS because of this story can lump ALL staff who work for the organisation in hospitals across the country into one bad category because of the horrific mistakes and events that happened at Stafford Hospital.

I have every sympathy with those were affected by this and hope they get the answers they desparately need.

Champions 2013! #20
Thanks for everything SAF- Legend!
Proud HHH fan- TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!
bbfan1991 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:05 PM #41
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfan1991 View Post
My reference regarding to the NHS staff was not about egos, it is just that I do not think that those who have lost faith in the NHS because of this story can lump ALL staff who work for the organisation in hospitals across the country into one bad category because of the horrific mistakes and events that happened at Stafford Hospital.

I have every sympathy with those were affected by this and hope they get the answers they desparately need.
nobody did lump ALL staff into the same boat across the UK? thats just made up. why is that your biggest concern? the biggest concern should surely be the unnecessary premature deaths of 1200 people and tens of thousands more across our country
Old 08-02-2013, 07:07 PM #42
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Stop making this so personal, debate the point don't create some bizarre hypothetical.
Once again nurses do not prescribe, nor do they diagnose. We are going round and around here, I have agreed that there will be a few that have been negligable in their care but to denigrate every honest decent hardworking nurse in the UK is wrong.
wheres the bizarre hypothetical this happened, the proof is there 1200 people died through sheer neglect, many died of thirst, no one denigrated EVERY HONEST DECENT nurse so why did you just make up that hypothetical imagined criticism. Im talking about the nurses who were not honest and decent and allowed innocent people to die of thirst and neglect on a massive scale
Old 08-02-2013, 07:26 PM #43
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
wheres the bizarre hypothetical this happened, the proof is there 1200 people died through sheer neglect, many died of thirst, no one denigrated EVERY HONEST DECENT nurse so why did you just make up that hypothetical imagined criticism. Im talking about the nurses who were not honest and decent and allowed innocent people to die of thirst and neglect on a massive scale
I referred to your silly 'would you?' 'could you?'
How could anyone know what it is like to be in that position unless you had experienced it?...
You don't seem to be so quick to suggest that along with some nurses there may also be some managers and more importantly some governmental bodies at fault here too for creating this impossible situation in the first place?...

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
criminal, hiding, hospital, hould, mistakes, offence, stafford