Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 08-02-2013, 09:48 AM #1

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Favourites:

Default David Milliband caught catching some zzz on the underground

Mind the nap! David Miliband catches up on some sleep on the Tube at 3pm in the afternoon

In one of his more unguarded moments, former foreign secretary David Miliband has been spotted taking a nap on the Tube.

Labour's Mr Miliband, 47, was caught out while travelling on the London Underground’s Piccadilly line at 3pm last month between Leicester Square and South Kensington.

Electrician Francis Janjua, 28, got on the train and sat opposite the MP for South Shields, who was reading a book - but minutes later he began snoozing with his trouser fly gaping open.

Mr Janjua, of west London, said: ‘Pretty much as soon as the train set off, he closed his book and put his head on his hand and dozed off.

'He was properly asleep, I reckon. I was laughing to myself about it anyway, until I noticed his fly was down - then it was just hilarious.’

Mr Miliband dozed in a priority seat designated for disabled people and those less able to stand, although the Tube was not busy at the time when he was travelling - at 3pm on a day last month.

He dozed until the train stopped at South Kensington, where he disembarked - without noticing his zipper was still undone.

Mr Janjua, who was travelling home from work, said: ‘I couldn't believe his fly was down. It kind of takes the credibility away from him a little bit. But he's still got more credibility than his brother.’

Meanwhile Boris Johnson urged senior ministers to follow Mr Miliband’s example and use the Tube.
The London Mayor was a caller on Deputy PM Nick Clegg’s weekly radio phone-in today, and demanded top MPs got out of their chauffeur-driven cars to experience life on public transport.

Mr Johnson said: ‘I just want to ask you when are you going to get all those Government ministers out of their posh limos and onto public transport like everybody else?

'How can we possibly expect Government to vote for increases in infrastructure spending which we need in this city and upgrading the Tube, which we all need, when they sit in their chauffeur-driven limousines - paid for by the taxpayer - rather than getting down on public transport with the rest of us? Nick, get them out of their limos! Boris, over and out.’

Mr Clegg, hosting his show on LBC 97.3, insisted the coalition had slashed spending on cars by around 70 per cent but backed the need for investment in infrastructure.

This week Welsh Secretary David Jones was branded ‘lazy’ and ‘shameful’ after he used a chauffeur-driven Jaguar to travel 100 metres from his office to Downing Street and then back again.

Mr Miliband was beaten to the post of Labour leader by his brother Ed, 43, in September 2010 and has since taken a far less public role in the party, as a backbench MP and business consultant.

He has made almost £1million on top of his MP's salary since losing the leadership election.

A spokesman for David Miliband told MailOnline today: 'David would like to thank everyone at TfL (Transport for London) for making his journey a pleasant and relaxing one.'
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:48 AM #2

Favourites:

Favourites:

Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:06 AM #3

He's so hot. WTF was Labour thinking when they picked his brother? David is the much hotter, much BETTER brother.

How is Ed the better Leader of the party? They need to have a new vote, and make David the new leader ASAP. Ed is sinking the party.

I want him. I'd tickle my nose in his pubies all night long.

David >>>>>>>>>>>> Ed

David and Hillary are a cute couple!

David and Hillary 2016

Last edited by lostalex; 08-02-2013 at 10:16 AM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
catching, caught, david, milliband, underground, zzz