Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 14-03-2013, 02:28 PM #1
thankyou sir alex

thankyou sir alex

Default blaming it on "being gay"

Anyone else infuriated when people say "oh it's cos I'm gay" or cos I'm black. It passes me off. An idiot who I work with (well in the same building) always phones know sick, comes to work hungover and is a general toerag. Anyway he has been suspended whilst they investigate something he has done and as I'm the staffs representative for issues at work I've to go into his disciplinary . He has kicked off with my bosses and is going to his union saying he is being bullied cos he is gay. Which is utter tripe. I've Got to sit in with him whilst he puts on his act of being low in mood cos of the bullies, all so he doesn't get into shirt for being a knob.

People like him get right on my tits
Old 14-03-2013, 02:49 PM #2
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

yeah anyone pulling the race or sexuality card so they can avoid work gets right on me as well Peter.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 03:01 PM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petershaw1984 View Post
Anyone else infuriated when people say "oh it's cos I'm gay" or cos I'm black. It passes me off. An idiot who I work with (well in the same building) always phones know sick, comes to work hungover and is a general toerag. Anyway he has been suspended whilst they investigate something he has done and as I'm the staffs representative for issues at work I've to go into his disciplinary . He has kicked off with my bosses and is going to his union saying he is being bullied cos he is gay. Which is utter tripe. I've Got to sit in with him whilst he puts on his act of being low in mood cos of the bullies, all so he doesn't get into shirt for being a knob.

People like him get right on my tits

Considering the amount of real homophobia and real racism, no i don't think it's a problem.

It's like with rape too. people that focus on women that lie about being raped infuriate me. With the absolute epidemic of women that actually are raped and don't get justice, so many men seem obsessed only with the cases where women have lied about it.

Worry about the REAL homophobia and racism and sexism, not the very few that cry wolf.

When we get rid of all the real homophobia and racism, then we can start to tackle the much smaller issue of people crying wolf.

Last edited by lostalex; 14-03-2013 at 03:03 PM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 03:36 PM #4
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

It's a shame when people "play the card". It trivialises the real cases of homophobia, racism etc. that people have to endure.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 03:40 PM #5
thankyou sir alex

thankyou sir alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
Considering the amount of real homophobia and real racism, no i don't think it's a problem.

It's like with rape too. people that focus on women that lie about being raped infuriate me. With the absolute epidemic of women that actually are raped and don't get justice, so many men seem obsessed only with the cases where women have lied about it.

Worry about the REAL homophobia and racism and sexism, not the very few that cry wolf.

When we get rid of all the real homophobia and racism, then we can start to tackle the much smaller issue of people crying wolf.
You make some very valid points Alex, but the people who cry wolf Re racism homophobia are just adding to the mounting problems with homophobia and racism people get pissed off with wolf crying and are more likely to Use their sexuality or creed when arguing
Old 14-03-2013, 03:54 PM #6

Quote:
You make some very valid points Alex, but the people who cry wolf Re racism homophobia are just adding to the mounting problems with homophobia and racism people get pissed off with wolf crying and are more likely to Use their sexuality or creed when arguing
Liars lie. I don't see why it matters what they lie about. Do str8 white people never lie? I think it's fair to say that str8 white people get the benefit of the doubt more than gay or black people.

We never say "ohh that white str8 person is using his white str8 privilege to get away with his lie" though. But it's certainly true that str8 white men do get away with just as many lies as any other group.

Last edited by lostalex; 14-03-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old 14-03-2013, 04:19 PM #7

Yeah, just like those idiots who are swift to pull out the race card. It's a shame that genuine examples of this ignorance have well and truly jumped the shark.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 04:52 PM #8
thankyou sir alex

thankyou sir alex

Quote:
Liars lie. I don't see why it matters what they lie about. Do str8 white people never lie? I think it's fair to say that str8 white people get the benefit of the doubt more than gay or black people.

We never say "ohh that white str8 person is using his white str8 privilege to get away with his lie" though. But it's certainly true that str8 white men do get away with just as many lies as any other group.
My point is though, he is not very good at his job he is a bit of an arse not a bit of a gay arse just an arse, when he finally got reprimanded for an incident that is a sackable offence after all his other occasions either coming in late or not completing referrals etc he suddenly says management are only getting at him cos he is gay. I know this not to be true but I still have to represent him in his disciplinary hearing which will probably lead to his dismissal . He will make it difficult for any other gay men or women who genuinely do get bullied for their sexuality.

In reference to your white straight person comments, no white people do not speak That way but I don't say things like "that gay bloke" or " black fella " . I just say that bloke. But this fella I work with has made himself a victim and is prejudiceing himself and others
Old 14-03-2013, 05:01 PM #9
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Hate it. Story of my bloody life right now
Old 14-03-2013, 05:11 PM #10

Quote:
My point is though, he is not very good at his job he is a bit of an arse not a bit of a gay arse just an arse, when he finally got reprimanded for an incident that is a sackable offence after all his other occasions either coming in late or not completing referrals etc he suddenly says management are only getting at him cos he is gay. I know this not to be true but I still have to represent him in his disciplinary hearing which will probably lead to his dismissal . He will make it difficult for any other gay men or women who genuinely do get bullied for their sexuality.

In reference to your white straight person comments, no white people do not speak That way but I don't say things like "that gay bloke" or " black fella " . I just say that bloke. But this fella I work with has made himself a victim and is prejudiceing himself and others
I think you've made your point. He was a bad employee. WHo cares what excuses he makes? If he's a bad employee fire him. Why make a big deal out of the excuses he made trying to keep his job? If he sues you, that's for the courts to sort out.

A lot of people use bullying as an excuse as to why they were fired, not just gay people or black people. Plenty of white str8 people claim to have been bullied and treated unfairly too. People of all races and sexualities claim they were bullied.

That's just how some people are. Nothing is ever their fault, the whole world is out to get them. Has nothing to do with being a minority though. There are people like that of all stripes.

I don't see why you are particularly bothered by the people that are gay or black that are like that.

Last edited by lostalex; 14-03-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 14-03-2013, 05:17 PM #11
thankyou sir alex

thankyou sir alex

Quote:
I think you've made your point. He was a bad employee. WHo cares what excuses he makes? If he's a bad employee fire him. Why make a big deal out of the excuses he made trying to keep his job? If he sues you, that's for the courts to sort out.

A lot of people use bullying as an excuse as to why they were fired, not just gay people or black people. Plenty of white str8 people claim to have been bullied and treated unfairly too. People of all races and sexualities claim they were bullied.

That's just how some people are. Nothing is ever their fault, the whole world is out to get them. Has nothing to do with being a minority though. There are people like that of all stripes.
But what excuse do "white" people use? This fella has played his trump card in saying he was suspended due to homophobia.

I have a problem with people who use a label themselves yet are first ones to moan about bullying. They in their own way a typecasting themselves and others and as I said it kids makes real accusations seem less important. As you said further up the thread women that cry rape are the same

Last edited by Petershaw1984; 14-03-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Petershaw1984 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 05:36 PM #12

Quote:
But what excuse do "white" people use? This fella has played his trump card in saying he was suspended due to homophobia.

I have a problem with people who use a label themselves yet are first ones to moan about bullying. They in their own way a typecasting themselves and others and as I said it kids makes real accusations seem less important. As you said further up the thread women that cry rape are the same
If he was just a bad employee and was just using it as an excuse because he didn't wanna be fired, that has nothing to do with him being gay or not.

I've heard plenty of excuses Str8 white people use when they are fired. Saying the manager favors his family and friends (nepotism/cronyism).

Str8 guys saying that the manager gives special treatment to the girls! that's a popular one amongst str8 guys.

Or ofcourse str8 whites use reverse disrcrimnation as an excuse all the time "they give the black/gay guy more hours cause of affirmative action!!"

everyone has excuses and uses their racial/gender/sexual status in some way or another to try to manipulate.

Last edited by lostalex; 14-03-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old 14-03-2013, 09:34 PM #13
User banned

User banned

Quote:

youe the most homophobic person on this site
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 09:39 PM #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
Ohh, yur on a tear right now arn't you. You are begging for one of us to get banned arn't ya?

tell me how i'm homophobic. explain it in DETAIL plzzz.

Last edited by lostalex; 14-03-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old 14-03-2013, 09:53 PM #15
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Ohh, yur on a tear right now arn't you. You are begging for one of us to get banned arn't ya?

tell me how i'm homophobic. explain it in DETAIL plzzz.
you hate hetrosexual men, you spend all day every day pouring your scorn and bias and hatred upon them. you deliberately create division and spout comments you claim are based in fact when theyre the opposite. if the truth gets me banned who cares. Id rather be truthful than do what you do.
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 10:01 PM #16

Quote:
you hate hetrosexual men, you spend all day every day pouring your scorn and bias and hatred upon them. you deliberately create division and spout comments you claim are based in fact when theyre the opposite. if the truth gets me banned who cares. Id rather be truthful than do what you do.
wow, i must say a lot of horrible things about heterosexual men. so it shouldn't be hard for you to quote just ONE post i've made that is hateful towards heterosexual men, right?

so go ahead. please quote just one of the MANY hateful posts i've made against heterosexual men. Just one please.

You can't. because I've never made a hateful post targeting just heterosexual men.

Last edited by lostalex; 14-03-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 14-03-2013, 10:40 PM #17

Quote:
I don't see why you don't just leave Alex alone and not try and bait him at every given opportunity.

I think it's a little more than ironic when our resident sexist accuses someone else of prejudice.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.

Last edited by Redway; 14-03-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 11:01 PM #18
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

i cant pull off tank tops because im white

Last edited by Ramsay; 14-03-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Ramsay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 11:19 PM #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
I don't see why you don't just leave Alex alone and not try and bait him at every given opportunity.

I think it's a little more than ironic when our resident sexist accuses someone else of prejudice.
thanks. <3 I know you don't need my approval, but it's always nice to hear the truth.

Last edited by lostalex; 14-03-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 15-03-2013, 02:08 PM #20
thankyou sir alex

thankyou sir alex

Don't understand why this thread has turned into this. I think if you have nothing positive to add to a discussion then don't reply in the thread
Old 15-03-2013, 02:22 PM #21
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:

Does he have any evidence to put forward to show any sort of unfair behaviour towards him based on his gender, sexual preference or anything else covered by any anti-discrimination legislation?

If not, using such a defence at a disciplinary can work against him.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-03-2013, 08:42 PM #22
thankyou sir alex

thankyou sir alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasown View Post
Does he have any evidence to put forward to show any sort of unfair behaviour towards him based on his gender, sexual preference or anything else covered by any anti-discrimination legislation?

If not, using such a defence at a disciplinary can work against him.
Do you know what? The blokes a numpty and by numpty I mean pathetic freak. He has no evidence what so ever, he is pretty much liked by most of the staff that work on his ward and after speaking to my boss today regarding the current status of precedings he has pretty much said ever day he works there he is left to eat on his own and nobody talks tp him and he is given an unfair share of the workload. This is gonna properly go against him as there is a few pics of him with loads of staff on nights out and fund raisers dressed up in drag everyone has him on facebook (I don't I don't have facebook) and because of what he is doung and saying people have brought in print outs of conversations they have had woth him where they are saying things only friends would, so he really is making a rod for his own back..as I say he is a bloody numpty

I don't work with him he just works in the same building as me. We cross paths and see each other smoke breaks etc. I have never really liked him but understood he was liked by lots of others
Old 16-03-2013, 12:43 AM #23
Z

Z

I think the example you gave is representative of our PC culture. There are people who can't handle rejection so they blame it on anything but the fact they just weren't successful based on their own merits. This guy just sounds like he's moaning because he likes moaning, he's bad at his job but would rather delude himself into thinking it's because he's gay and not because he's not doing his job properly that he's facing the sack.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 01:42 AM #24
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Favourites (more):

What I find funny about those types of people that make out that they are being hated on because of their ethnicity or their sexuality, even though the other person might just find them annoying.

Anyway what I find annoying about those people anyway is that they don't mind people loving them for being a certain ethnicity or sexuality, and imo why are those people so obsessed with race or sexuality anyway? it says more about them than the other people involved.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 01:47 AM #25

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
If he was just a bad employee and was just using it as an excuse because he didn't wanna be fired, that has nothing to do with him being gay or not.

I've heard plenty of excuses Str8 white people use when they are fired. Saying the manager favors his family and friends (nepotism/cronyism).

Str8 guys saying that the manager gives special treatment to the girls! that's a popular one amongst str8 guys.

Or ofcourse str8 whites use reverse disrcrimnation as an excuse all the time "they give the black/gay guy more hours cause of affirmative action!!"

everyone has excuses and uses their racial/gender/sexual status in some way or another to try to manipulate.
I've noticed that one as well, not saying that there isn't genuine cases out there, it's just that some people have cried wolf.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
being gay, blaming