Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:09 PM #1

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB14: Dexter

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB14: Dexter

Default Novo's Top 100 Videogames [#100-#91]

Just something a little different.. we have had Top 100 Songs, Films, TV Shows etc.. but never Videogames and it seems like the perfect time since E3 is on right now.

100. Glover

Genre: Platform
Platform: Windows, N64, Playstation
Release Date: October 26th 1998

I think most people who played this game wouldn't put it in their top 100 but it was one of the first ever platform games i remember playing on my old Computer and it makes the countdown based on Nostalgia purposes rather then anything else. There wasn't really a story to follow and the Controls were really frustrating and the Graphics were pretty bad but it was so addictive to play, i use to spend so many hours trying to solve the riddles and work out where to throw the ball to move the ledges and ramps and it seemed really worthwhile when you eventually completed each level. I actually thought the gameplay was pretty good since it wasn't just as straightforward as slapping a ball around everywhere you had to work out what kind of transformation of the ball would work and either had to Walk on the ball (with reverse controls) and Bounce and Throw it to solve puzzles if you like Platform games with a Challenge and have a lot of patience then you'll love this.

99.Smackdown 2: Know Your Role

Genre: Fighting
Platform: Playstation
Release Date: November 21, 2000

When the first Smackdown game came out a couple of years before Know Your Role it was just unreal, the Season mode seemed amazing even though it was really simple looking back at it but when Smackdown 2 came out they improved the season mode so much and gave you more of a story to follow and the Superstar selection increased by double as well as the match modes, expended the backstage area and the Controls were so much more easier back then as well and the game just ran at a perfect pace rather then the slow grappling you get nowadays on wrestling games, Hell in a Cell matches were the highlight for me in the game since you could just throw people off the top and even through the middle of it which i was strangely addicted to doing, Another thing about the game i remember so well is the Wrestlers loading screens and if you got the Trish Stratus one it made the wait worthwhile

98.Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon

Genre: Action-Adventure
Platform: N64
Release Date: August 7, 1997

Back in the day i swapped my friend my Playstation for his N64 for a couple of months and this was one of the games he gave me that i thought i wouldn't play but i eventually ended up playing it and i loved it, it was one of the best looking games i have ever played on the N64 i was hooked on it for ages the gameplay was addictive and the storyline wasn't bad either for a platform game, the theme song for it was amazing as well, i haven't played it in years though. -looks for Rom-

97.Breath Of Fire 2

Genre: RPG
Platform: Snes, Gameboy Advance, Virtual Console
Release Date: December 2, 1994

Wasn't sure which Breath Of Fire to include because i like 2/3/4 about the same but i think i spent the most time on 2 and it was the first handheld RPG i ever played and i owned Breath of Fire 3 & 4 on the Playstation, there is nothing unique about it as far as RPG goes but it was just an enjoyable game with a great setting like all games in the Breath Of Fire series although i always thought the church storyline was pretty weird with most of the villains turning into demons. Breath of Fire 2 isn't known for focusing on the main Characters or other Characters backgrounds ( Breath Of Fire 3 and 4 you learn a lot more about them ) but it still somehow makes the characters seem likeable.

96.Time Crisis

Genre: Light Gun Shooter
Platform: Arcade, PlayStation
Release Date: Arcade - 1995 Console - June 27th 1997

I'm sure everyone at least once in their lives has played Time Crisis at the Arcades, i had the game for the Playstation along with the Gun lost count of how many hours i spent on it, even after completed it i use to try and perfect every stage although using the Controller i would have got bored after a few hours when you play Time Crisis you need a Gun otherwise it just doesn't feel right at all. Wild Dog is also one of my favourite villains in video game history.. i love how he just keeps coming back in every Time Crisis game even though he nearly dies in everyone of them.

95.Super Monaco GP

Genre: Racing
Platform: Arcade, Mega Drive/Genesis, Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, Commodore 64, Game Gear, Sega Master System, ZX Spectrum
Release Date: Arcade - 1989 Console - August 9th 1990

The first ever racing game i ever played and still one of the most addictive racing games i have ever played, the world Championship
mode even nowadays would keep you going for hours and was a lot more challenging then what most racing games are today. each of the
16 locations in Championship mode were so detailed as well and the whole repair system at the end of races made the game frustrating at
times but also made it more realistic.

94.Spyro The Dragon

Platform: Playstation
Release Date: September 3, 1998

I'll never forget first playing Spyro as a Demo ( one of the Demo disks from the Official Playstation magazine ) and i just spent ages on it repeating the same level,
back then it felt like a massive open world platform game, the controls, soundtrack, graphics and gameplay were unreal, i eventually brought the full game and lost track off how many times
i completed it from start to finish and even when you didn't really want to carry on with the story just going round making
Spyro headbutt things was always amazing

93.Bubble Bobble

Platform: Arcade
Release Date: 1986

Addictive in game music that stays in your head for the rest of your life and a never ending collection of
levels that drive you insane.. but even after playing through Bubble Bobble so many times i still can't help but love it, its so
simple but still you can find yourself on it for hours, i think the draw of the game is how fast it runs.. as soon as one level
ends your into another straight after it and this goes on.. and on...

92.Earthbound

Genre: RPG
Platform: Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Game Boy Advance, Wii U Virtual Console
Release Date: August 27th 1994

Sadly never owned a Snes so never played this when it first came out, a couple of years ago though i played it on an emulator and loved it, it's not really like your average RPG.. the Alien plot is insane and doesn't really make much sense but that is the beauty of the game, fighting alongside your dog against strange enemies and wondering around
towns buying stuff from the Mart, it's really open and you could spend weeks or probably even months on it if you want to master it.

91.Brute Force

Genre: Third Person Shooter
Platform: Xbox
Release Date: May 27th 2003

Brute Force got mixed reviews when it first came out, maybe on single player it was a bit boring but playing it in Co-op was amazing, it was great how the game was balanced between the 4 playable characters and each of them had their own story when playing through campaign mode.

"She was left for dead on the sands of Tatooine, as was I. But fate sometimes steps in to rescue the wretched."
Novo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:11 PM #2
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Spiro the dragon

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:11 PM #3

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
BBCanada 5: Kevin

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
BBCanada 5: Kevin

Smackdown Great game. Hoping to see some Mario games in here, especially towards the top 10!
Raph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:12 PM #4

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

Spyro should be in the top 30 at least
Old 11-06-2013, 01:13 PM #5
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Mars III View Post

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:13 PM #6
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
agreed!
Old 11-06-2013, 01:14 PM #7

i don't think i've even played 100 video games. have you completed all 100 games Novo?

how many total video games have you played Novo?

Last edited by lostalex; 11-06-2013 at 01:15 PM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:15 PM #8
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..Time Crisis......
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:15 PM #9
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Glover, Spyro, Time Crisis and Super Monaco GP.

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Last edited by Benjamin; 11-06-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:45 PM #10
ZakJam <3~

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Zak
BBCanada 9: Victoria

ZakJam <3~

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Zak
BBCanada 9: Victoria

Quote: