Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 29-05-2014, 10:54 PM #876
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..yeah I watched that movie a few years ago Ryan and I probably agree with yor score, I would give it around 1/10...hmmm, Rob Lowe is a bit too pretty for me and he has a bit of a smug look...
He's the best looking man I've ever seen, tbh.

Yeah, not a fan of the movie really. Seems to have a fanbase, though. John Waite - If Anybody Had A Heart at the end of the film is an excellent song, though.
Ryan57 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:22 AM #877

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones, I found it better than the boring ass ones that just take place in a house
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:32 AM #878
El Cockroach

Favourites (more):
BBUSA25: Cory
BBCanada 9: Rohan

El Cockroach

Favourites (more):
BBUSA25: Cory
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Wolf of Wallstreet - Was good enough but maybe a tad long. No movie should be 3 hours long - 4/5
DrunkerThanMoses is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:49 AM #879
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkerThanMoses View Post
Wolf of Wallstreet - Was good enough but maybe a tad long. No movie should be 3 hours long - 4/5
..yeah, those were my thoughts as well..I much preferred the first half of the movie to the second and so many scenes seemed to be repetitive and superfluous ...great performance by Leonardo though..
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:12 AM #880
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Ive downloaded Wolf of Wall Street not knowing it was 3 hours long! I watched the first 10 mins and thought Id never make it through cause I was tired and stopped right then

I will watch it, Ive heard good things.

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:12 PM #881

Favourites:
BB7: Nikki

Favourites:
BB7: Nikki

Just been to see X-Men: Days of Future Past for the 2nd time and loved it even more than the first time
Adamw92 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:24 PM #882

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

Favourites:

The angryiest man in brooklyn 2014 - 4/10

robin williams playing a guy with a brain tumour and game of thrones perter dinklage as his brother. susposed to be a drama comedy more drama than comedy. not very good and not worth watching. worst film ive seen williams in. he just wasn't good in this. something was weird

Drive hard 2014 6/10

john cussack as a bank robber who forces a driving instructor to be his getaway driver.
not the best made film or acting but quite enjoyable and light hearted fun.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:39 PM #883
Texas Forever

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

Texas Forever

Favourites (more):

The Other Guys 6/10

If it wasn't for Eva Mendes being in it then it would have been lower.. the first 10 minutes or so were great with Samuel L Jackon & Dwayne Johnson who played the main cops but they killed them off for Will Ferrell who was his usual dopey self & Mark Wahlberg to take over from them.. it should have been the other way round. Steve Coogan played a main role and was probably the funniest and best character.. apart from him i didn't really find it that funny.
Drew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:44 AM #884
Texas Forever

Favourites (more):

Texas Forever

Favourites (more):

Harry Brown 8/10

A grim look on London life.. Really violent, graphic & gripping .. They picked good actors that fitted the roles perfectly too, Michael Caine & Ben Drew were great.

Drew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:48 AM #885
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

American Pie

obv seen it before, but i'd forgot how bad some of the acting is

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:02 PM #886

Favourites:

Favourites:

joy ride 3 - 2014 - 7/10

a good trucker psycho killing people in nasty ways movie .sick horror dont watch if your eating lol.
think 1 was good dont think ive seen 2nd one
Old 05-06-2014, 08:52 AM #887

Stevie (2008) TV

This is another re-watch, I seen it once before, I liked the first time I saw, which wasn't that long, it's only few months ago that I saw it.

However did forget the name of the movie lol, The movie wasn't forgettable

After a long and unsuccessful period trying to have a family, Claire and Adrian finally adopt a girl. The coming of Isabel is desired by almost the whole family but making a eight-year-old girl with a past of her own fit into her new life might be something more complicated than they expected.

With this plot you maybe thinking of a The omen rip-off, well it's not, it Actually about Girls invisible friend but there turns in story, not twist, there more curve ball.

There some good scenes in this movie, which I liked, As it was TV movie there no blood or anything and it's wasn't that creepy, yet some seen really stand out!

I enjoyed how the movie flowed really well, I didn't get bored, I really liked how plot came to a end, I thought a Nice and very moving ending to this movie.

It made all sense in the end!

Really good movie 7 out of 10

Darkness (2002)

it's another Re-watch, I seen this once before, On DVD, Well , I don't where that DVD went to anyway, but this was netflix so I gave it another go! I remember fews scenes from last time I seen it, which was years ago!

I thought Idea of the movie was really good, it had some decent setting, there could have been some really good moment here and there in this movie.

Some scenes were decent however those scene didn't last to long, to be keep that tense feel to those scenes.

I thought the movie worth watching, until the last 15 minutes, which I thought really bad, I didn't really think it fitted with the rest of the movie at all.

3 out of 10

Vanishing on 7th Street (2010)

I thought this was very decent,

I actually liked the plot the movie, with darkness that tries to
find you and you vanish.

I wasn't really on edge of your the seat however There were some really good tense moment that I really enjoyed.

But Nothing in this movie was scary or creepy but some-how I could not stop watching.

I didn't thing the movie was bad at all but I thought worth a watch, Until very the ending, Which I kind of fell flat!

Dead Mary (2007)

For me this took a really long time to getting going, it's until about 45 minutes before, it actually get going.

A couple who seemed have broken before going Cabin in woods with friends

So place it going will awkward for all their Friends, which to talk about 92 % of the movie, Which was very boring.

They even wasted time of showing us, how bored they were, soon they play the Dead Mary game, well instead of the Bloody Mary , which was about hour into the movie.

There one decent thing happen in this movie, I we don't even get to see the first attack.

We only get the aftermath of the Friends dead who was killed in woods at night and then he has been turned into something.

Soon the rest of the friend, wondering, who else as changed or hiding under the human skin.

It's Wasn't really made clear what was stalking them, or hunting, sithere friends turn on one and other.

It's trying to Evil dead wannabe with Bloody Mary twist , It didn't work at all.

2 out of 10

The Haunting of Molly Hartley (2008)

I wasn't expecting much from this movie at all, with all the bad comment on IMDB Site.

I thought really bad, I was actually, it was not great movie, I don't think it was bad as people making it out.

I liked the how started of with Bang and I didn't feel slow do, there also something going on,

I wasn't bored however I did annoyed with far, Far, Far , Far to many fake dream scenes.

One and only truly thing that hate in movies, I don't like, it when one fake dream scene in movie, Record breaking number of dream scenes in this movie.

I thought the acting was really good for most of the cast, the plot was decent, the movie wasn't all that bad.

I actually liked the ending was decent, I thought I been predictable ending, I was wrong there.

This movies rely too much on the jump scares, that not scary, So fast you can't seen, if you blink at wrong time.

4 out 10

Never Back Down (2008)

I actually really enjoyed this movie, It's kind of had feel good movie vibe to it!

I know that may sound little odd but I had fun watching this movie.

I found the movie flowed really, I wasn't bored for one second, it's wasn't
action packed.

They had good mix of drama and action blended in really well.

The action scenes or fight scenes, what ever you like call them, there were
some really good fight scenes in this movie.

I liked the fight scenes were not to quick and it's wasn't to long, so don't get
bored with fight.

I enjoyed the whole start to the end of the movie, the acting was great from the whole cast!

(I had no idea there a sequel) 7 out of 10 Really good movie.

Fighting (2009)

I saw this back to back with Never back down, As I thought it would be -some what same but it's wasn't at all.

Some homeless man, it getting in bother, as a small fight, then Random guys see this guy fighting.

As he looking for fighter, He think this home less could fit in really well.

However this movie fight scenes are a few and very tame, the first fight scenes
was really bad.

Its get kicked and punched both times, falls to floor the same way both times, Unless it's scene they repeated by mistake!

I was kind of bored for most of the movie, I kind of lost in trust in the movie, stated other things, while movie was on in background.

4 out of 10

Only God Forgives (2013)

This one is odd one, it really strange, it wasn't boring or anything, I don't think it had that much of a plot.

The movie start of Guy, who ends up raping a 16 year old girl, then the father of the girls kills that man raped his girl.

So for rapist family to watch revenge against the person that killed there family member.

That is all this to plot, movie dose have some some-what gory moment, which I didn't not expect and I kind of liked

I did expect more in fight scenes, well I would not call that fight, One guy battering the other guy! , other guys didn't get hit once.

The acting was decent in this movie.

Not sure what to rate this at the moment, I going to give a odd 6 out of 10
Moviefan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:29 PM #888

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Olly Murs
I'm a Celeb 2009: Gino D'Acampo

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Olly Murs
I'm a Celeb 2009: Gino D'Acampo

Jack the Giant Slayer, I really enjoyed it.
ButterflyGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:30 PM #889
Holla, Fruit Loop Dingus!

Magnolia - i put this movie off for many years and finally watched it. i thought it was a solid movie. some great performances overall but i didnt like it as much as the critics or even many fans of it. i never like Julianne Moore tbh. she just irks me and can annoy the **** out of me for some reason and she did here as well. not saying she isnt a good actor of anything. she is but most things shes in shes my least liked even if i think she did a good job. i was more interested in Tom Cruise's story line by far compared to the others. someone mentioned above no movie should be 3 hours when talking about The Wolf of Wall Street. i disagreed as i really like that movie but i agree that applys with this movie. it was a good movie but a 3 hour one i never care to see again.

7/10

The Hunt (Jagten) - watched this cause of Mads Mikkelsen whos made me a fan since watching the tv show Hannibal. really good movie i thought. some of the characters really pissed me off though since its all about hysteria based off a lie of a little girl and some of the adults asking leading questions and just rolling with it even when she says 2-3 times she made it up. i thought it was really powerful and moving film. didnt expect to like it as much as i did.

9/10
Old 05-06-2014, 01:39 PM #890

Favourites:

Favourites:

300 rise of an empire 2014 - 8/10

loved the first one one of my fav films. this was was great but didn't have whatever it was the first one had. eva green was awesome -you fight harder than you fcuk lol
it ended though when i was expecting more. i guess there's a 3rd one coming.
i still cant believe that spartan woman is the same one who plays jamie lanisters sister in game of throne. she is soo different. though the dragon woman is completely different in real life as well
Old 05-06-2014, 02:02 PM #891

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagol View Post
300 rise of an empire 2014 - 8/10

loved the first one one of my fav films. this was was great but didn't have whatever it was the first one had. eva green was awesome -you fight harder than you fcuk lol
it ended though when i was expecting more. i guess there's a 3rd one coming.
i still cant believe that spartan woman is the same one who plays jamie lanisters sister in game of throne. she is soo different. though the dragon woman is completely different in real life as well
i just got a hold of that and will be watching it sometime down the road. i hear ya about Lena Headey. i didnt even know of her til The Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles show. even though i did see the first 300 in theaters i havent seen it since and i got it on dvd when it came out. i just didnt remember her in it. ive seen her in a couple movies since and didnt even recognize it was her for a while. Dredd and The Mortal Instruments City of Bones for example.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:14 PM #892

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevin View Post
i just got a hold of that and will be watching it sometime down the road. i hear ya about Lena Headey. i didnt even know of her til The Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles show. even though i did see the first 300 in theaters i havent seen it since and i got it on dvd when it came out. i just didnt remember her in it. ive seen her in a couple movies since and didnt even recognize it was her for a while. Dredd and The Mortal Instruments City of Bones for example.

yeah she's surprising , its a good actress that can be so different,
didn't know she was in those either i,ll have to rewatch the mortal one
Old 05-06-2014, 02:17 PM #893

Dredd she is the main baddie and she played the main girls mother in the other one.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:37 AM #894
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Just finished Non-Stop, really enjoyed it, was always trying to guess who it was, although the ending was slightly unrealistic, apart from that yeah 8/10

Old 07-06-2014, 01:45 PM #895
Banned

Banned

Maleficent

It would have been a very average film if it wasn't for Angelina Jolie, she pretty much carries the film on her back and makes it pretty decent overall.

7/10
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:20 PM #896
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Blackfish - the whole thing just made me feel really angry and if any member of my family wanted to go to a park like that, I'd make them watch it first

Old 11-06-2014, 03:37 PM #897

Fright Night (2011)

I am finally seen this movie, it take me while to see this movie, (With out sounding like broke record,I not keen on Vamp movies, however Oringal Fright Night.

Is one of few Vamps movies that I actually really like, The only one main reason I actually watch this was because David Tennant , I was fan of him, when in was Doctor Who, I was gutted when left role.

Back to this movie, I liked some parts but disliked more. I start with good point first,

I clad it wasn't just another scene from scene remake, I liked how story was some-what different from first, I liked the fact his girlfriend and Mum were involved.

What I did not like was that, are really meant to care for Charley. who was Ass to Friend at the start.

Why you make lead person in the movie the most hated person in the movie, who would care, I didn't not.

The script in this movie was really bad in some places, I could not believe some of thing they come out with.

The worst thing in this movie was the effect, I hated, the vampire dissolving, I liked old fashion deaths.

The acting wasn't all that great but not saying really bad either, it was decent at best, in parts of the movie.

4 out of 10

Crowsnest (2012)

Here we go with Yet another found footage movies, (I seen few, I think I maybe getting be bored of them now, As they been done to death in recent year, there are loads I yet to see!

I was about give up on found footage, after seeing so may but after see chasing the devil, which was last and one the best found footage I have seen.

How this movie start of Justin who seem spying on neighbours, before he friends come wish happy birthday.

First we have 40 minutes of nonsense, the friends talking about what ever, I wasn't paying to much attention as I bored.

Soon they start to attack by RV , who seem giving smashing the car and that is the only action you get in the movie.

They scenes thought out the movie and When first person is killed by RV was bit unexpected but the rest were all of screen, until the last death.

There were some-what gory moment but nothing we not see 100 times already and done better.

Soon friends turn on each other, best friend slept with his own girlfriends and end up one lame fight scenes, the looks off it's they were hugging.

I don't mind found footage movies but this as got to one of most shakiest of them, If when he still, it's seem to shaky a lot, that is actually understatement. it was even worse. FAR to much!

I thought the acting from small part of cast was decent, some really wooden actors in this movie.

2 out of 10 (2 point for acting was watch-able)
Moviefan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:03 PM #898

Favourites:

Favourites:

grand budapest hotel 2014 - 8/10

a very nice humourous interesting quirky great looking and acted movie. has a pure english charm to it. if you want to watch something different and something nice this is it.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:06 PM #899
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Aladdin, hadn't watched it in must be over 10 years, still a classic

Old 13-06-2014, 09:06 AM #900

300: Rise of An Empire - didnt really care for it. it wasnt boring at least but it has nothing on the first one to me. i dont care to ever see this again tbh but it wasnt terrible. i thought it was a decent one watch.

6/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagol View Post
grand budapest hotel 2014 - 8/10

a very nice humourous interesting quirky great looking and acted movie. has a pure english charm to it. if you want to watch something different and something nice this is it.
same rating i give it. its actually the first Wes Anderson movie i want to watch again sometime. Ralph Phiennes was a great laugh.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
film, watched