Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Big Brother USA Seasons 1 to 21 + CBB USA 1 & 2 Post about the previous seasons (BB1 [2000] to BB21 [2019]) of Big Brother USA, and Celebrity Big Brother USA in this sub-forum.
Big Brother 13,14,15 US HouseGuests (tags):

Old 20-07-2013, 04:54 AM #1
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

Default Jeremy Interview

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: How’s it going, Jeremy?
JEREMY McGUIRE: It’s going as good as it can be. I mean, I got evicted, so it’s kind of a bummer.

How much did you know that you were getting evicted? You seemed when you gave your final speech to the house to know that it was kind of a fait accompli.
Yeah, I mean it’s a small house and word gets around quick, so I mean, I knew at the beginning of the week. And even though I tried to make as many deals as possible, they knew that the only way to get me out was to backdoor me so they took the opportunity.

I mean, can you blame them?
No, I can’t blame them. I mean, it’s a game, and I respect everybody’s game, and to be honest with you, if they didn’t get me out then, they probably wouldn’t have been able to get me out later.

Yeah, it’s true. I’m sure you haven’t had time to go back and watch, but it almost seemed like Helen and Elissa might’ve been ready to make a deal with you. At what point after you had that talk with them in the HOH room, did you know that’s not going to work?
Ah, well, I was making deals all the way up to the last day, so I didn’t know until the last day. But, Helen had enough respect for me to come up and let me know that none of the deals were gonna be made and I just had that gut feeling.

Were you surprised that GinaMarie was one of the people to vote you out?
No, actually. I told her beforehand to vote with the house so that she could be in a better position. I mean, I knew I was going with or without her vote. It made her cry, but she’s a good girl, and I didn’t want to ruin her game.
No offense, but anything makes her cry.
Yes. [Laughs] That’s very true. She wears her heart on her sleeve.

What was up with all the tears?
This was a very emotional cast. I feel like there was a lot of high emotions, and that house is a pressure cooker, so I think it just made everything a little bit worse.

I think had Kaitlin not used her power of veto, you both would actually still be in the house. I think that Aaryn would’ve gone home. I don’t think people would’ve taken it out on Kaitlin for not using it. What’s your sense of what might have happened?
I don’t know. From what we were told, if she didn’t use it, she would be going home, so we felt that it would be stupid for her not to use it. I mean, everybody told her that she would either have to use it or she’d be going home because everyone would vote her out for keeping me here. So we did what we had to do at the time that we had to do it.

Did you ever think about playing her and somehow telling her that that wasn’t the case, so that she would keep you and she would go?
Ah no. You know, I’m not gonna lie, I fell hard for her, and I didn’t want to ruin her game at all. I mean, I would’ve used it on myself, so I told her to use it on herself.

So like you said a couple minutes ago, the house was a real pressure cooker this season, and it’s been an incredibly controversial season. How much were you told after you left the house about some of the things people have been saying about the racism and the homophobia and the anti-Semitism and the sexism that’s gone on among the contestants?
Yeah, I was warned a little bit about some of the things. They told me that it’s been a pretty hectic time outside the house, but I haven’t gotten in to too many specifics, so I couldn’t really tell you too much. But I know who I am, and I know that no matter what anybody says, it’s not going to change my feelings about myself. So bring it on is all I have to say.

I haven’t been watching the feeds. I’ve just been watching the show, but there have been a lot of people that have been watching the feeds, and they’ve been reporting things that several the contestants — among you — have said and there have been some homophobic and racist and sexist things that you’ve said. Do you have anything to say about that?
Yeah, I’m not racist, sexist, or homophobic, so I mean, I guess everything can be taken out of context. Everybody in there was friendly with everybody and we weren’t scared to say it in front of each other, so I’m sure it was just twisted and turned in a way to entertain. But I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

Well, I don’t know how much some of these words can be twisted or misinterpreted. I think it’s difficult to misconstrue hate speech, but what was it like watching some of the things that Aaryn did, like flip over a bed or call Candice “Shaniqua” or things like that?
I mean, it was crazy, don’t get me wrong. It was an emotional roller-coaster, and I just had to sit back and watch for most of it. But being there was kind of surreal regardless of what was going on. Everything kind of seemed unreal to me, so it really hasn’t hit me yet to be honest with you.

When we talked to Nick after he got voted out, he said that on some level when you’re playing a game you don’t want to rock the boat, but then you don’t want to be that person who just stands by idly while someone is making such racial slurs and just saying some really unfathomable things. Did that factor in at all for you?
Yeah, yeah. You know, I – like you said, you don’t want to rock the boat. I didn’t want to get on anybody’s bad side, and if it wasn’t effecting me or at me personally, I didn’t really want to jump into it. There’s probably some times I should’ve stepped in and said, “Calm down,” but it’s a really crazy time. It’s really completely different than you would ever think, so I just sat back and enjoyed the show, I guess.

How do you think Kaitlin is going to react to a certain term you used to describe a private part of hers?
[Laughs] I don’t know because I don’t know what you’re talking about. But hopefully, she reacts well.

I guess you’ll see. So what’s next for you? You’re moving back to the boat?
Yeah, I’m going back to the boat. Gotta continue my sailing and hopefully, sail around South America soon.

Yeah? With Kaitlin maybe?
Ah. I don’t know ’bout all that, but we’ll see.

Who do you think is most likely to last longer as a relationship: you and Kaitlin or Amanda and McCrae?
I think me and Kaitlin will. Amanda’s got a man at home, so we’ll see about that.

Oh, really? Does McCrae know that?
She’s got a boyfriend at home. She might not anymore, but she did.

So you told Julie, you walked in one guy and walked out another. How so?
I walked in this cocky, arrogant man, and I walked out a little bit humbler.

And yet you walked out saying, “I’m a champion when I eat, sleep, and poop.”
Yes. I am a champion when I eat, sleep, and poop.

That’s humility.
[Laughs] I am a champion through and through, and that’s why I couldn’t throw anything and I had to win ‘em all. And even though I didn’t win the game, I walked out with my head high, and I tried my best.

Yeah. Well you were definitely a super-strong physical player. I think that they made the right move by getting rid of you now because you could’ve just dominated in competitions.
Exactly. I feel the same way. Thank you.

How are you feeling the day after your eviction?
Jeremy McGuire: I’m feeling as good as I can feel. I am evicted, so that’s kind of a bummer, but I keep my head up and I move forward. Just taking it step by step in stride.

THR: Was there anything you could have done to avoid being backdoored?
McGuire: Besides being cocky, I could’ve been a little more helpful, but strategic-wise, I tried everything I could. I made as many deals as I possibly could, but the house knew if I didn’t get backdoored now, I wasn’t gonna get out anytime soon, so they did what they had to do to move forward in the game.

THR: In Thursday’s episode, Helen said had you played a more humble game, you could’ve gone far. Do you have any regrets for not playing that way?
McGuire: No, I don’t regret anything in life. I walked in [the house] one way, and I came out another. I could’ve been a little more humble, but, you know, I was myself. I think cocky and confident are pretty much the same word; I just played a little too hard a little to fast and it is what it is.

THR: There was a noticeable 180 this week versus the previous weeks. Was that intentional on your part? Was that something that you felt you had to do to try and save yourself or was there more behind it?
McGuire: There was more behind that actually. I really didn’t think I was too cocky going into the game. I thought I was being me, but Kaitlin helped me realize a few things. She told me that I am good at everything, I’m great at a lot of things, but I don’t need to tell people, I can just show them. It really made me realize that I don’t need to be so vocal with how confident I am, I can just do the act, you know? Action over words. I would say Kaitlin made me realize that.

THR: You gave her a lot of credit in your interview with Julie Chen last night. In what ways did she change you? Were there other things she helped you understand better?
McGuire: She’s very good at wording things. She makes you look at it in a different perspective, and she’s a great girl, and she makes you feel better about yourself. She made me feel like I didn’t have to be so over the top with things, and she made me feel like I wasn’t being judged all the time. So she definitely had everything to do with the change that I made and I give her a lot of credit. I hope she does fantastic in the game.

THR: How realistic are the chances of you guys having a real-life romance outside the house?
McGuire: I would love for it to happen. How realistic is it? I’m not too sure. She does live in a completely different state and I don’t have any intentions of moving anytime soon, but we’ll just have to see. I told her that she needs to play hard right now and not worry about me, and I would see her at the finale, and we’ll take it from there.

THR: How do you think she’ll do now that you’re out of the house?
McGuire: I think she’ll play a lot better; I think she’ll be more focused, and I think me being gone will take some targets off her back because they said in week one that I was a tough player and that anybody around me would be a target because if they couldn’t get me out, they were gonna single me out. So now that I’m gone, she can focus on her game and be on a different side of the house that will help her get further.

THR: If you had your way, how would you have liked for this week to have played out?
McGuire: Best case scenario, I would have won everything. I would’ve liked to [have] my side of the house win, just alternate winning so we would never be on the block. But it wasn’t realistic and that’s not the way it turned out, so I don’t like to look at it in any other way than the way it happened. I’ll take it all as a learning experience and move forward.

THR: You made quite an early alliance with the Moving Company. Did you believe at that time that the group would stay solid for a good portion of the game?
McGuire: Yeah, I thought right when we made that that I was gonna coast through the game. I hadn’t realized I had aligned with a bunch of cowards; me and Nick were the only two who were really loyal to it and we definitely could’ve gone far together if the three [Howard, Spencer and McCrae] didn’t back out. I’m pretty sure that those three will be coming out soon as well.

THR: So you think McCrae, Howard and Spencer’s days are numbered?
McGuire: I think Howard and Spencer for sure. McCrae, maybe. He’s made some pretty smart moves, so we’ll see about him, but I definitely think that Howard and Spencer are next.

THR: In hindsight, would you still have aligned with the Moving Company if given the chance again?
McGuire: If given the chance again, I would not be with the Moving Company, I would’ve just played my own game and not been in any alliance. I probably would’ve been just with Kaitlin, and that’s it.

THR: Why was your side of the house against Elissa so early on?
McGuire: I don’t know how they’re portraying her, but that girl is the fakest person I’ve ever met in my life. I’ve never been around anybody quite like Elissa. She is in her own world and she thinks that her poop don’t stink. She is completely oblivious to the outside world and I do not know how anybody could be like that, but I understand why Big Brother put her in the house, and we just had to get her out. We felt like she was kind of an unfair advantage having the people who support her sister support her and it was something that we felt needed to be taken care of right off the bat. We tried our best to do it and it didn’t work. She needs to be gone, that’s for sure.

THR: You aligned yourself with people who have made some questionable remarks, with Aaryn and GinaMarie. Were you privy to any of those conversations?
McGuire: I’ve heard a little something something, but I haven’t gotten the full story. They’re two very emotional people; they wear their hearts on their sleeves. I don’t think that anything they said was meant to blow up the way it did. They are two great people but I think they just made the wrong comments at the wrong time and they’re gonna have to deal with it now, but I look at them negatively at all. I think they’re great people and I would love to be friends with them outside the house.

THR: Who do you think is in a really good spot right now at this point in the game?
McGuire: I really think now that I’m gone, Kaitlin has a fantastic chance at winning the game and I think Andy is sitting pretty.

THR: Why do you say that?
McGuire: Because he’s friends with all the right people, and there’s nobody really targeting him right now.

THR: In hindsight, was there a decision or a moment that if you could do over, you would?
McGuire: If I could do anything different, I would come into the house as humble as I left the house. That would be about it. I would still play to win everything, but I would do it a little bit more graciously.

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2013, 06:07 AM #2

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: David Potts
BB2023: Noky

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: David Potts
BB2023: Noky

Jeremy's still a total wanker then!
Aaryan and GM "lovely people"...."they wear their heart on their sleeves" (must be when they're not wearing their Nazi Arm Bands).
Still the great judge of character he was when he entered the house.
JTM45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2013, 11:48 AM #3

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Absolute tool.
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2013, 11:36 AM #4
Big Brother Addict

Favourites (more):
BBUSA18: Paul