Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 20-07-2013, 12:26 AM #1
User banned

User banned

Default Holli, 11, sent home from school trip for operating international drugs ring

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...late-bars.html

Quote:
A GIRL was sent home from a school trip in disgrace — for eating CHOCOLATE.

Holli McCann’s mum Kerri feared she had been hurt in an accident when she was told to call the school urgently.
But all her 11-year-old daughter had done was break a barmy rule by eating a 20p chocolate Fudge bar in her hotel room with pals.
Kerri, 47, was then faced with a 200-mile round trip and a FERRY journey to pick her up in the middle of the night.
Holli on coach

She fumed: “It’s unbelievable. Sent home for eating a chocolate bar — it’s as stupid as it sounds.”
Teachers only discovered Holli’s secret chocolate feast when they opened a letter she’d written to her mum on the trip.
They then rifled through her luggage — and even pulled out the lining.
Holli’s mum blasted: “You’d think the children were running an international drug-smuggling operation!”
The single mum — carer to autistic son Jordan, 19 — had to save for months to pay for the £300 end-of-year trip to the Isle of Wight.
Her daughter and pals were “really excited” about the five-day adventure — a farewell before they all go to different secondary schools.
But Kerri feared the worst when a neighbour came round to her home in Croxley Green, Herts, with a vague message from the school.
Kerri said: “They tried to call me but I don’t have a landline or a good mobile signal at home.

“So they called my neighbour who was Holli’s other emergency contact and she told me I had to call the school urgently. I thought she’d been in an accident.”
Yvonne Graves, head of Bromet Primary School in Watford, Herts, had made parents sign a “behaviour charter” to ensure a “safe and enjoyable holiday”.
Kerri said: “I called her and she was so rude. She was screaming, ‘Did you read the charter? Did you know she had chocolate?’”
Kerri added: “How is chocolate unsafe or not enjoyable? We signed a form ages ago and weren’t allowed a copy. I can’t remember what it said.”
Children were allowed to bring sweets and snacks on the trip — but were not permitted to eat them in their hotel rooms.
Holli and two friends ate one bar each on the first night before the room was searched the following evening.
Holli's Bromet Primary School

Two of her pals were given a warning but Kerri claimed: “The head told me to come and collect Holli. If she broke a rule, that’s fair enough but the punishment was far too severe.
“I had to borrow £130 for petrol and the ferry and left at 1am. I missed a 3am ferry and had to wait two hours for the next one.”
She finally reached the Beaufort House Hotel in Sandown at 6.30am.
Holli said: “I was so upset. We had to write a letter home and I said me and my friends had a midnight feast. Then they searched my room.”
Hertfordshire County Council said: “The room was only searched with the child’s agreement. It is normal procedure to check the contents of a letter.”
A school spokesman last night denied Holli had been ordered home.
He said: “The guest house has strict rules. While the child could have stayed with us under closer supervision, her mother decided to collect her.”
Mrs Graves refused to comment.
eating chocolate on a school trip this will go on get permanent record no less

Last edited by michael21; 20-07-2013 at 12:26 AM.
michael21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2013, 06:30 PM #2
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

What why would you to that Evan if the school is striced that is just ridicules did her parents get the money back from the school trip or was it a free trip
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2013, 06:32 PM #3
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamP10 View Post
What why would you to that Evan if the school is striced that is just ridicules did her parents get the money back from the school trip or was it a free trip
Quote:
had to save for months to pay for the £300 end-of-year trip to the Isle of Wight.
very bad waste of money
michael21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2013, 07:44 PM #4
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Utterly pathetic!
Old 20-07-2013, 08:26 PM #5

She was destined for a life of tyranny when her parents named her Holli.
LikeABoatOnWater is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
11, drugs, holli, home, international, operating, ring, school, trip