Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB9 Big Brother 9 in 2008 was won by Rachel Rice.

Old 30-07-2013, 02:25 PM #26

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Favourites:

They don't look any different
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 02:26 PM #27

Favourites:

Favourites:

Belinda's got an album?

Time to download that
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 06:56 PM #28
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty07 View Post
Loved BB9, top 5 for me. Darnell, Rex, Mo and Mario. Shame Mario didn't go in alone though and last longer. It did have some of the biggest twats ever in Dale, Stuart, Sylvia, Bex and Dennis and the truly awful whiny bitch Jennifer, one of the worst females of all time. Was great seeing the cocky twats leave though, week after week.

Shame I didn't like or find any of the new housemates entertaining though, could've been an even better series with a few interesting additions. Super bore Maysoon, Stuart, Sara, Nicole, and Belinda, Belinda, Belinda were all awful. At least none won though and only one made the final, thank goodness.
Jesus Christ how does anyone like Darnell or Mohamed yet hate Sara
Old 30-07-2013, 07:02 PM #29

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

Darnell was terrible. Could not take him at all. Mo was okay, he was the guy that everyone likes but tears to shreds every time they hang out with him. Sara was great though, second best that series after Rex.

Last edited by Roy Mars III; 30-07-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Roy Mars III is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 07:39 PM #30
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:
BB17: Lateysha

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
I've seen Mikey in Glasgow wearing that exact same leopard print jacket!

This was the last great series of Big Brother and it was the last one I truly watched. It was thrilling. It seemed to last such a long time - in my head it doesn't even feel like the same series; looking at Alexandra and Dennis compared with the drama of the bloc vote towards the end. Lisa and Sara splitting money was such a glorious reward for those of us who supported that half of the house, knowing that they were going to be picked off one by one until we only had one left (Sara, as it happened) to get behind. I'm glad she beat all the people who were making her life miserable. I think Mikey and Rachel were a crap final two but Rachel was a nice person so it was an alright result in that respect - but in terms of what she contributed to the house, she was a bit player and she did a few things that I thought were pretty sneaky and she wasn't as goodie two shoes as she liked to pretend she was.

Fantastic television, the last of the great Big Brothers IMO.

I never liked Rachel, she was dull as ditchwater and had NO personality at all. I never forget when she was actively in B-Block plotting with Kat and their mob to nominate Lisa and Mario. But the two groups were as bad as each other in terms of plotting.

Rex and Darnell were awful and overrated IMO, so glad that Sara beat them in the final. Kat's eviction was a great moment of the series.

I actually liked Luke, Mikey, Lisa, Sara, Dale, Bex and Stu from the series.

Champions 2013! #20
Thanks for everything SAF- Legend!
Proud HHH fan- TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!
bbfan1991 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 07:44 PM #31
Z

Z

When I was watching BB9 I suddenly became aware of the distinction between nice, "nice" and "so nice".

Nice is nice.
"Nice" is false.
"So nice" is dull.

There is nothing else to say about people who are "so nice" - there is nothing wrong with people like that. I don't buy into Kat and Rachel's nice act; I didn't then and I don't now. They were very vindictive and actively plotting just as much as the rest of the housemates were and it annoys me when fans of the B-Block deny that possibility. They're not saints, they're human beings.

Sara beating Darnell, Mo, Kat and Rex was a glorious result though. Shame she didn't go all the way and beat Rachel and Mikey but she did a good job and it felt like justice for all those weeks of systematically voting out Sara's friends. Perhaps she wasn't all that entertaining as a housemate and people were projecting their B-Block frustrations onto her and championing her as a hero in the face of all that; but I loved her as a housemate and I voted for her to win several times - normally I never vote at all and I just watch the show as it unfolds...
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 07:49 PM #32
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

I agree, all the housemates had their faults and they are human beings after all.

I just could not take to Rachel and Kat's jealousy of Lisa towards the end really annoyed the hell out of me and the cookie childish act really was tiresome.

Darnell's self pity was really irritating as was Rex's arrogance, but they both slipped up after being so confident they would do well in the final or even win.

Champions 2013! #20
Thanks for everything SAF- Legend!
Proud HHH fan- TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!
bbfan1991 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 08:14 PM #33
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfan1991 View Post
I agree, all the housemates had their faults and they are human beings after all.

I just could not take to Rachel and Kat's jealousy of Lisa towards the end really annoyed the hell out of me and the cookie childish act really was tiresome.

Darnell's self pity was really irritating as was Rex's arrogance, but they both slipped up after being so confident they would do well in the final or even win.
The cookie nonsense started to make my blood boil towards the end, I have never been so happy to see someone be evicted as I was when Kathreya finally got the boot. Darnell and Mo were a close 2nd and 3rd favourite evictions right behind her though... Where Darnell's arrogance was brutish and difficult to like; Rex's had an element of charm to it which I think is where they differed... so while I thought Rex could be a complete arsehole; he was very entertaining and he always seemed to be in on the joke rather than be actively mean to anyone... Darnell was just an angry man with misogyny issues. Sara handled it very well.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 08:29 PM #34
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

SaraRexLisaNicoleDale BexLukeJenniferBelindaSylv iaAlexandraSteph

I did enjoy a lot of them but ALL the awful ones got to the end and ruined the series. I am pleased Rachel won over godawful Mikey though, as boreful as she was.

Spoiler:

Last edited by reece(:; 30-07-2013 at 08:29 PM.
reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:26 AM #35

BB9 is my favourite series ever. I loved the mix of housemates, and reminds me watching it during the summer before I went on holiday.

Unintentionally hilarious (my kind of humour) -
Mario - so many funny one-liners, his cheesiness, his reactions to Kat's singing and shouting
Darnell - the way he used to stomp around and yell stuff, the cookie song
Luke - his accent, his reactions to Kat, "100 Gwand", "No Webecca, No!", and his general observations on others.
Mikey - The ball incident, his accent, dropping tissue/sneezing into the crisp bowl, and his thoughts of others were quite perceptive.
Kathreya - her accent, singing, crying and shouting. The way she annoyed everyone during the task were they all had to count to 5 minutes in their heads, and she did 8+ minutes.

---

Mo was a nice guy and his greediness made for good entertainment.

Dale and Stuart were both quite unpleasant, but Stuart was better out of the two as he had slightly more heart and maturity.

Rex was an arrogant meanie, but not spiteful or nasty. He was very watchable and I never found myself hating him.

Alexandra, Sylvia, Dennis and Jennifer were the bitchy/nasty ones who rightly left early.

Bex was quite horrible and trashy but had some good moments. "Big Brother is a Beast!"

Sara was the best late entrant out of them all, she had personality and could be quite feisty but she still wasn't a favourite of mine. She wasn't completely likeable.

Stephanie was okay, she spoke her mind but I wasn't disappointed that she was evicted first.

Lisa was mad, but ultimately a nice and quite sweet person who came out of her shell more after Mario was evicted. I liked the little stories she used to tell (little green man, hotdogs outside nightclub), and the way she was always doing her make up. The height comparison between her and the other women in the house was also quite funny to see.

Nicole was annoying and bratty, but the Thriller task was a highlight for her.

Rachel was okay, slightly false and a bit annoying, but I wasn't against her winning. She was also quite ignorant sometimes, for example, she didn't realise that Darnell was black and suffered from albinism until 50 days in, which was unbelievable.

---

By the way I think Dennis, Belinda and Maysoon did not fit into the series and would've been better in another one.
Dennis - BB6 or BB7
Belinda - BB7 or BB8
Maysoon - BB8 or BB10

Last edited by openyoureyes; 02-04-2020 at 10:35 AM.
openyoureyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 12:03 PM #36
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Mars III View Post
two terrible series with almost no likable housemates (besides Conor in BB13 and Grace in BB7)
Is this **** for real
Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb9, housemates