Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Soaps Discuss Eastenders, Coronation Street and the rest of the soaps in this sub-forum.

Old 29-07-2013, 12:33 PM #1

Default Lorraine Newman leaves EastEnders

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/lat...exec-prod.html

Spoiler:

Executive Producer Lorraine Newman has announced her decision to leave EastEnders, it was confirmed today. Following Lorraine's decision, Dominic Treadwell-Collins will be replacing Lorraine in the role.

Lorraine Newman took over the role as Executive Producer in 2012 and during her 16 months at the helm, EastEnders has triumphed at the Baftas as well as being the most watched show on Christmas Day, with over 9 million viewers tuning in to find out Max's secret. Most recently, Lorraine has secured many of the show’s most notable characters to return this autumn, including Barbara Windsor, Michael French and Samantha Womack, as well as lining up several new and exciting characters which will see EastEnders kicking off this autumn with many explosive storylines, starting with Phil Mitchell fighting for his life after being involved in a huge car crash.

Lorraine joined EastEnders as a script secretary at the age of 19 and her passion and commitment to the show has been unrivalled. The first Executive Producer to occupy every editorial role on the show, Lorraine has played a huge part in creating some of the best loved moments in soap land.

Speaking of her decision to leave, Lorraine says: "I have loved every moment of my time at EastEnders but it is finally time to leave Walford. Over the past 23 years I have been involved in some of the best moments on British television, from ‘Who Shot Phil?’, to ‘You Ain’t My Mother!’, to the 25th Live Anniversary episode and in the past year, the Olympic Torch episode has also been a proud highlight. Over the past year, I have also had the pleasure of planning and implementing the revival of many of the EastEnders clans who should always be at the heart of the show. I am confident that I am leaving the show in a stronger place and am sure that Dominic will continue to build upon this, taking the show to a new level. I am delighted to be joining BBC Drama Production as an Executive Producer and look forward to the new opportunities and projects this will bring."

Best news all year.

Just a bit odd how we're going to go from literally zero storylines to extreme, Santer-style ones.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 02:10 PM #2

Awesome, About time and they need bring some Old producers back or some ones who know what the hell the doing.

I LN was just like LB, a Lest LB did some decent story and brought Stacy but I can't think one thing LN as done anything Big . I do prefer Male producer, I like the story that that brought to the show.

BK (Not Burger king lo) who is doing great Job in Oaks, I liked Bill death, Baby swap. I thought it was great story. . Pat Death. Heather Murder by Ben. Ronnie reveal of being Raped ep!

They did to do big disaster, that Effect the whole Square, Like a lorry crashes in the queen VIC, packed with everyone. Kill of the cast .

Who I think might be Axed (Not who I want)
Masood, Tam, AJ, Alice, Joey. Poppy. Ava, Dexter. Sam,
Moviefan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 10:29 AM #3
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

EE has been really unlucky with its producers since Santer
Old 30-07-2013, 10:47 AM #4

The likes of Daily Mail have stories on it now, claiming she was sacked due to falling ratings and heavy criticism ... although I thought it was her choice to leave? Either way I'm glad. Even Kirkwood's disastrous tenure actually had storylines, even if they were all completely shit.
Old 30-07-2013, 11:18 AM #5
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Aye, I think DTC could be the one to turn the tides with EastEnders, he's got history there.
Old 30-07-2013, 03:51 PM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Aye, I think DTC could be the one to turn the tides with EastEnders, he's got history there.
Can't say I share the same optimism tbh. 2007 aside, Santer's time was pretty bad and DTC was responsible for all the sensationalism as well.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
eastenders, leaves, lorraine, newman