Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
ahopkins
Alex Hopkins
 
ahopkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Northwood (10 miles away from the bb house!)
Posts: 376

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
The Apprentice 2013: Jason
CBB 11: Speidi
I'm a Celeb 2012: Hugo Taylor
Thumbs down Channel 4's comeback

For completely failing in ratings this show will surely give them a much needed boost! http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...cumentary.html
__________________
Big Brother Favourites:
BB6 = Science
BB7 = Shahbaz
BB10 = Freddie
BB12 = Harry
BB13 = Deana

BB14 = Dexter



Supporting Courtney, Charlotte and Louise
ahopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
Gusto Brunt
Senior Member
 
Gusto Brunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11,265


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahopkins View Post
For completely failing in ratings this show will surely give them a much needed boost! http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...cumentary.html
Yeah it sounds like a sh** programme.
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
CaudleHalbard
Platinum Member
 
CaudleHalbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt View Post
Yeah it sounds like a sh** programme.
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 134,813

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

How long before that one gets flushed?
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
Gusto Brunt
Senior Member
 
Gusto Brunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11,265


Default

I bet a lot of people will take the p*** out of this programme. No doubt.
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #6
Samm
we
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 29,480

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne


Default

Samm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
ahopkins
Alex Hopkins
 
ahopkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Northwood (10 miles away from the bb house!)
Posts: 376

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
The Apprentice 2013: Jason
CBB 11: Speidi
I'm a Celeb 2012: Hugo Taylor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt View Post
I bet a lot of people will take the p*** out of this programme. No doubt.
Yeah, even the headline is taking the p*** out of the show
__________________
Big Brother Favourites:
BB6 = Science
BB7 = Shahbaz
BB10 = Freddie
BB12 = Harry
BB13 = Deana

BB14 = Dexter



Supporting Courtney, Charlotte and Louise
ahopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #8
cheeky_monkey
Senior Member
 
cheeky_monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,722

Favourites:
Strictly 2017: Debbie McGee
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB8: Jedward
Default

I won't be watching it as it doesn't sound that entertaining to me.

There use to be so many shows on Channel 4 that I use to watch. But now I don't watch much on their channel!
cheeky_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #9
*mazedsalv**
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London
Posts: 27,927
Blog Entries: 5

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Chad Johnson


Default

I bet the opening episode will get high ratings just for the sheer fact on the "WTF is going on, this is so bad, it's hilarious"... just like Splash on ITV.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #10
Gstar
Jemal
 
Gstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: giving me the side eye like she wanna fight
Posts: 13,268

Favourites:
Love Island 5: Amber
Love Island 3: Georgia
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
BB6: Makosi


Default

I'm gonna give it a chance
Gstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #11
ahopkins
Alex Hopkins
 
ahopkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Northwood (10 miles away from the bb house!)
Posts: 376

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
The Apprentice 2013: Jason
CBB 11: Speidi
I'm a Celeb 2012: Hugo Taylor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey View Post
I won't be watching it as it doesn't sound that entertaining to me.

There use to be so many shows on Channel 4 that I use to watch. But now I don't watch much on their channel!
Absolutely! The Ashes, Big Brother, Coach Trip, Celebrity Big Brother, Friends, Lost, Richard and Judy (is that still around???) i'm sure there's a lot of other stuff.
__________________
Big Brother Favourites:
BB6 = Science
BB7 = Shahbaz
BB10 = Freddie
BB12 = Harry
BB13 = Deana

BB14 = Dexter



Supporting Courtney, Charlotte and Louise
ahopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #12
cheeky_monkey
Senior Member
 
cheeky_monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,722

Favourites:
Strictly 2017: Debbie McGee
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB8: Jedward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahopkins View Post
Absolutely! The Ashes, Big Brother, Coach Trip, Celebrity Big Brother, Friends, Lost, Richard and Judy (is that still around???) i'm sure there's a lot of other stuff.
I use to love watching BB and CBB on C4. I still love watching the 2 shows on C5, but wish they was on C4! But I thank C5 for saving the 2 shows.

C4 aren't making anymore series of Coach Trip and Celebrity Coach Trip at the moment. They made a new series of Brendan's Magical Mystery Tour which some people have said they prefer Coach Trip.

I think Friends have moved to some other channel but not sure which channel?

The Ashes and Lost I never watched!

Richard and Judy show won't ever be back!

Shows that I use to watch on C4 was:

Brookside, Big Brother, Celebrity Big Brother, Friends, Wife Swap, Celebrity Wife Swap, How Clean Is Your House, Paul O'Grady Show, Coach Trip, Celebrity Coach Trip and Celebrity Five Go To!

Its great if some people like the shows on C4! But theres nothing apart from The Simpsons that I watch on their channel. Nothing much on their channel that I find interesting!

Last edited by cheeky_monkey; 31-07-2013 at 02:51 PM.
cheeky_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #13
ahopkins
Alex Hopkins
 
ahopkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Northwood (10 miles away from the bb house!)
Posts: 376

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
The Apprentice 2013: Jason
CBB 11: Speidi
I'm a Celeb 2012: Hugo Taylor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey View Post
I use to love watching BB and CBB on C4. I still love watching the 2 shows on C5, but wish they was on C4! But I thank C5 for saving the 2 shows.

C4 aren't making anymore series of Coach Trip and Celebrity Coach Trip at the moment. They made a new series of Brendan's Magical Mystery Tour which some people have said they prefer Coach Trip.

I think Friends have moved to some other channel but not sure which channel?

The Ashes and Lost I never watched!

Richard and Judy show won't ever be back!

Shows that I use to watch on C4 was:

Brookside, Big Brother, Celebrity Big Brother, Friends, Wife Swap, Celebrity Wife Swap, How Clean Is Your House, Paul O'Grady Show, Coach Trip, Celebrity Coach Trip and Celebrity Five Go To!

Its great if some people like the shows on C4! But theres nothing apart from The Simpsons that I watch on their channel. Nothing much on their channel that I find interesting!
Ah, yes! I forgot about Wife Swap. That's a great show! I think it's on DMAX now. I watch The Simpsons only as well, btw the Friends series has finished
__________________
Big Brother Favourites:
BB6 = Science
BB7 = Shahbaz
BB10 = Freddie
BB12 = Harry
BB13 = Deana

BB14 = Dexter



Supporting Courtney, Charlotte and Louise

Last edited by ahopkins; 31-07-2013 at 03:29 PM.
ahopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #14
Gusto Brunt
Senior Member
 
Gusto Brunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11,265


Default

Channel 4 is loo-sing the plot. This show will go right down the pan.

A bog standard idea. Just like that other programme about dwarfs performing in a Christmas panto. That had its short-comings too.
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #15
bbfan1991
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!
 
bbfan1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 46,706

Favourites:
BB17: Lateysha


Default Crawley nightclub toilets get their own Channel 4 documentary...

Quote:
Crawley nightclub JJ Whispers are letting Channel 4 cameras into the toilets to film a new documentary about what happens in the loos on an ordinary evening in a British club.

Firecracker Films are producing the one-off show for Channel 4, which is hoping to replicate the success of recent documentary hit The Fried Chicken Shop.



Producer Laura Smith told local Crawley press: "A lot goes on in nightclub toilets and this documentary will answer the questions bugging both sexes.

"Apart from the usual gossiping, I've broken up with a boyfriend in a club toilet before, consoled people and seen people get thrown out.

"When it comes to the men, I hear they never talk to each other and don't even stop to wash their hands.

"Take away the craziness of the scenario and we are sure to get some really nice moments and capture a lot of relationships."

Customers will not be filmed without their permission, and nobody will be shown using the toilets.

Riveting.
__________________

Champions 2013! #20
Thanks for everything SAF- Legend!
Proud HHH fan- TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!
bbfan1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #16
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 134,721
Default

Scott needs to Visit Them
with a Tibb T shirt
arista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #17
Ramsay
His blood is bad.
 
Ramsay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Papua New Guinea
Posts: 29,890

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett
BB18: Arthur
BBUSA19: Cody


Default

bah, they should of come to sligo..when you go to the toilets in pure you find like 20 used condoms and one time an uneaten kebab
__________________
Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #18
cheeky_monkey
Senior Member
 
cheeky_monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,722

Favourites:
Strictly 2017: Debbie McGee
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB8: Jedward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahopkins View Post
Ah, yes! I forgot about Wife Swap. That's a great show! I think it's on DMAX now. I watch The Simpsons only as well, btw the Friends series has finished
Awwww I don't have that channel! I think they use to show it on a channel called ''Really''?

Be great if C4 or E4 could show repeats of old series of BB and CBB from the first series to the last series on C4!

Do you have a channel called Comedy Central? They show Friends on their channel but its repeats!

Love watching The Simpsons!

C4 should make shows like they use to! It would be great if they showed Secret Story or Glass House!

Reading about Secret Story here sounds interesting! http://www.endemol.com/programme/secret-story

Last edited by cheeky_monkey; 01-08-2013 at 11:19 AM.
cheeky_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #19
jackc1806
jackc1806
 
jackc1806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,200
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi
X Factor 2012: Rylan Clark
CBB 10: Jasmine Lennard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey View Post
Awwww I don't have that channel! I think they use to show it on a channel called ''Really''?

Be great if C4 or E4 could show repeats of old series of BB and CBB from the first series to the last series on C4!

Do you have a channel caled Comedy Central? They show Friends on their channel but its repeats!

Love watching The Simpsons!

C4 should make shows like they use to! It would be great if they showed Secret Story or Glass House!

Reading about Secret Story here sounds interesting! http://www.endemol.com/programme/secret-story

They'll never do BB repeats
__________________
jackc1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #20
jackc1806
jackc1806
 
jackc1806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,200
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi
X Factor 2012: Rylan Clark
CBB 10: Jasmine Lennard
Default

Channel 4 needs to sort out its comedy output, there is very little at the moment.
__________________
jackc1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #21
cheeky_monkey
Senior Member
 
cheeky_monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,722

Favourites:
Strictly 2017: Debbie McGee
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB8: Jedward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackc1806 View Post
They'll never do BB repeats
I wish they would show repeats! I don't think they will either.

I think if Secret Story or Glass House or The Golden Cage was on C4 it would give them a lot of ratings!
cheeky_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #22
mkbb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 386

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julie Goodyear
BB13: Deana
BB12: Aaron
BB14 USA: Dan
Default

I think they need to bring in a show similar to BB. I think secret story or reviving survivor would be good ideas.
mkbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #23
DanielLuis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,064

Favourites (more):
BB15: Ashleigh
BBUSA16: Zach
BB14: Gina
BB13: Deana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey View Post
I wish they would show repeats! I don't think they will either.

I think if Secret Story or Glass House or The Golden Cage was on C4 it would give them a lot of ratings!
TVI, the portuguese broadcaster of Big Brother, started Secret Story 7 years after Big Brother ended, and it's basically as much of a success, even better, than Big Brother, ratings wise.
Secret Story is actually a much stronger format than Big brother. It's not like that Big Brother of Australia with the secrets theme at all, as many people think.
__________________
DanielLuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #24
cheeky_monkey
Senior Member
 
cheeky_monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,722

Favourites:
Strictly 2017: Debbie McGee
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB8: Jedward
Default

If anyone wants to watch Glass House heres the link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_E...faQrKcA/videos
cheeky_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #25
cheeky_monkey
Senior Member
 
cheeky_monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,722

Favourites:
Strictly 2017: Debbie McGee
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB8: Jedward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielLuis View Post
TVI, the portuguese broadcaster of Big Brother, started Secret Story 7 years after Big Brother ended, and it's basically as much of a success, even better, than Big Brother, ratings wise.
Secret Story is actually a much stronger format than Big brother. It's not like that Big Brother of Australia with the secrets theme at all, as many people think.
I've never seen Secret Story but it does sound interesting and if C4 was my channel I would show reality show Secret Story.

I can't believe C4 haven't even thought about showing the reality show as it would give them a lot of ratings!

It would be great if C5 showed BB and CBB and C4 showed Secret Story but at different times so people can watch all 3 shows! But even better if BB, CBB and Secret Story was on C4 and the Glass House and The Golden Cage was on C5!

Last edited by cheeky_monkey; 01-08-2013 at 01:40 PM.
cheeky_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
channel 4, comeback

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:24 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts