Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:05 AM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I've noticed 'Don't mention anyone else's flirting because only a woman with big tits can't get away with it'.
Except she didn't get away with it; Dexter seems to be though.
Speedster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:07 AM #52

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I've noticed 'Don't mention anyone else's flirting because only a woman with big tits can't get away with it'.
I've replied to your off topic posts. What more do you want?
Old 10-08-2013, 02:18 AM #53

Woman is usually very vicious with other women. or Emma was just so afraid of Daley that he would hit her if she made him angry.
camertone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:34 AM #54

Favourites:
BB13: Caroline

Favourites:
BB13: Caroline

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfacrown View Post
A bit of flirting with a lovely man who looked at one point as though he was thinking about pulling off her head himself with both hands.
hahaha i think its safe to say she didn't see that one coming lol
MatthewS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:49 AM #55

Favourites (more):
BB16: Adjoa
BBUSA17: Vanessa

Favourites (more):
BB16: Adjoa
BBUSA17: Vanessa

That was an awful interview. WTF did the show wait so long to evict her? For such a big character, they waited till very close to the end of the show and she didn't seem to get much interview time. They then had Emma spend most of it talking about Daley and was forced to rush and cut her off bc it was cutting too close to the end. They didn't even get a chance to go more in depth with her feud with Gina, and up/down relationship with Charlie. Worst exit interview by far
cheapbbfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:08 AM #56
Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

It´s the genital rule. If you don´t have willie, you´ll be treated like a villain.
Calderyon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:22 AM #57

You peeps are going to hard on Emma, she did an okay job with chavs screaming boos.
Issac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:27 AM #58

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB14: Gary

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB14: Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issac View Post
You peeps are going to hard on Emma, she did an okay job with chavs screaming boos.
I disagree. Emma was hellbent on getting Hazel to admit she was a homewrecker

I felt Emma was too emotionally tied to this, acting like Hazel had been trying it on with her husband lol

It was ridiculous..... If Emma wanted to make the whole interview about Daly, surely it should have been about how he attacked her in the safe house. If not, why not discuss all the other things she had got up to in the house - the bloody Daley thing was weeeks ago :/
Old 10-08-2013, 06:44 AM #59

Favourites:
BB12: Aaron
BB11: Sam

Favourites:

Of course you have to have different kind of interviewing technique depending whether you have someone who's just trying to keep the emotions controlled by swallowing and by trying to clear one's throat or whether there's a tough girl who's not willing to break the wall a bit and not willing to let anyone in. Plus the other thing was so close to when it had happened and Hazel had time to get over the shock of what happened and prepare what she was going to say and that really showed. I'm quite sick of hearing these accusations of being biased all the time. If Emma hadn't talked about the Daley thing, she would have bee accused of something else. She just can't win with you people and I'm just sorry that she feels she has to cover her personality because of the viewing audience and that is what happened in yesterday's eviction. She was careful not to show any kind of emotion during the program so that people wouldn't take offence and I'm sad to not see her bubbly personality. There was a glimpse of her real personality in her last presentation just before the show was over.
crocs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:06 AM #60
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
WTF? Emma has really gone down in my estimation tonight. When she interviewed Daley she was all soft little sympathetic voice but she went after Hazel like a dog with a bone and wouldn't let it go. Emma's bias this series is sickening.
I noticed too that she stood right in front of the crowd waving the 'TEAM GINA' banner to speak, then later right in front of the banners with GET HAZEL OUT and EVIL EYE HAZEL. Anyone else notice that?
She was slower to go over to her as well, I found the interview terrible, all she talked about was the Daley incident, she left no time at all for any other conversation whatsoever.

Emma has really led and encouraged the bad attitude to Hazel on bbbots and only recently tried to defuse it a little.
Emma has gone right down in my estimation after last night too but she has over the weeks anyway due to the anti Hazel bbbots attitude when she was on for many weeks now.

I agree with you Jet and I tell you this, if any man had her by the throat, or said he was going to finish her or nut her, she would have had him arrested and wanted him in court.

No Emma has ahown massive bias in this affair and it is clear she has always blamed Hazel because she made a move on a guy 'supposedly' in a relationship and even that was the thing in the main she concentrated on in the interview.

Thank goodeness for the better treatment of Hazel by Rylan and AJ on bbbots where they talked across the board on many issues.

Emma only had a short time to interview and a good presenter would have got in more than just one incident that happened.
Emma was shocking in that interview and it leaves me questioning again whether she should have been given the main presenting job.
Awful and I got really annoyed.
I understand completely why you are so angry too Jet.

Last edited by joeysteele; 10-08-2013 at 09:35 AM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:08 AM #61
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1dds View Post
I disagree. Emma was hellbent on getting Hazel to admit she was a homewrecker

I felt Emma was too emotionally tied to this, acting like Hazel had been trying it on with her husband lol
It was ridiculous..... If Emma wanted to make the whole interview about Daly, surely it should have been about how he attacked her in the safe house. If not, why not discuss all the other things she had got up to in the house - the bloody Daley thing was weeeks ago :/
Also, absolutely right, well said.Your first point extremely accurate too.
That is not the mark of a good or competent presenter of such an important main show.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:31 AM #62

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocs View Post
Of course you have to have different kind of interviewing technique depending whether you have someone who's just trying to keep the emotions controlled by swallowing and by trying to clear one's throat or whether there's a tough girl who's not willing to break the wall a bit and not willing to let anyone in. Plus the other thing was so close to when it had happened and Hazel had time to get over the shock of what happened and prepare what she was going to say and that really showed. I'm quite sick of hearing these accusations of being biased all the time. If Emma hadn't talked about the Daley thing, she would have bee accused of something else. She just can't win with you people and I'm just sorry that she feels she has to cover her personality because of the viewing audience and that is what happened in yesterday's eviction. She was careful not to show any kind of emotion during the program so that people wouldn't take offence and I'm sad to not see her bubbly personality. There was a glimpse of her real personality in her last presentation just before the show was over.
Of course Daley had to come up, but Emma went on and on about it trying to get Hazel to break. As if that was going to happen! There were plenty of other storylines around Hazel but Emma barely mentioned them.
I don't agree that she didn't show any emotion. As another poster put it so well, she behaved as though Hazel had been flirting with HER husband.
Also, she barely mentioned Daley's abusive behaviour towards her, but concentrated on Hazel's flirting.
She conveniently forgot that BB paired Hazel and Daley together for the public to vote a pair to go into the safe house - and this after Daley's girlfriend was on the show and so upset. They actively encouraged the flirting to continue 'for entertainment' with disastrous consequences. Did Emma ever say 'That's not on'? No, she did not. Hazel was wrong to flirt with Daley, but the 'she asked for it' mentality is just WRONG and Emma should be ashamed that she didn't make that clear.
Daley's abuse and lies were glossed over, and Hazel was the scarlet woman 'the homewrecker'. Emma is just another BB puppet - how disappointing.
At least Rylan and AJ showed Hazel that the blame wasn't all hers.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:38 AM #63
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
Why do people blame Emma? She's clearly told what topics to cover by prods. Anyway I think it was fair
No, I would think she gets certain freedoms as to what she concentrates on in the interviews,planned beforehand as to whoever comes out.
If not, they may as well do interviews by BB instead of the presenter.

Emma is often too biased, she was on bbbots over the last 2 series,it was hoped she would lose that as a main presenter, it is clear she hasn't and was happy to make her point as to Hazel too.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:44 AM #64

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
No, I would think she gets certain freedoms as to what she concentrates on in the interviews,planned beforehand as to whoever comes out.
If not, they may as well do interviews by BB instead of the presenter.

Emma is often too biased, she was on bbbots over the last 2 series,it was hoped she would lose that as a main presenter, it is clear she hasn't and was happy to make her point as to Hazel too.
I agree Joey. Emma lets her own feelings and preferences get in the way of being the impartial presenter she should be. People are spending their money voting on BB therefore the presenter shouldn't be allowed to sway public opinion. She is there to present the show, not to give her own fans ideas about who she'd like them to vote for. It's disgraceful.

Last edited by jet; 10-08-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:46 AM #65

The interview was actually quite funny, because Hazel mentioned the "I like you" and "He told me he wasn't in a relationship" thing repeatedly. And she had a right to, because Emma wouldn't let go of it, and Hazel was just repeating her side of the story over and over again. It's like they were interrogating her and wanted her to slip a detail or something.

And in the end, did they ask her how she felt when she was pinned down by her neck? No, because nobody wants to hear what Hazel thinks. Whenever she tries to defend herself, people immediately view it as her being a bitch.
Alice in Ozland is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:02 AM #66

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
I don't agree that she didn't show any emotion. As another poster put it so well, she behaved as though Hazel had been flirting with HER husband.
She conveniently forgot that BB paired Hazel and Daley together for the public to vote a pair to go into the safe house - and this after Daley's girlfriend was on the show and so upset. They actively encouraged the flirting to continue 'for entertainment' with disastrous consequences. Did Emma ever say 'That's not on'? No, she did not. Hazel was wrong to flirt with Daley, but the 'she asked for it' mentality is just WRONG and Emma should be ashamed that she didn't make that clear.
By not showing any emotion I actually meant Emma before the eviction, not the interview although she was cautious in the interview as well. As an example of something before the eviction, usually she reacts to crowd reaction when she is telling about on how to vote and when she mentions a housemates name and the phonenumber, she reacts to crowd boos or cheers, this time she made sure she didn't. And yes, I believe Emma dislikes Hazel a lot but I think she is also able leave that aside as well. I don't see her being that biased.

In the interview she has to ask something and I think anyone would have stayed away from going into spesifics about how Daley behaved. They (the production as a whole) will not take any chances with that but they coulnd't pass the flirting by.

I liked the fact that Hazel reminded the crowd that they were the ones that put them in the house and that was just wrong from the audience. Hazel and Daley are responsible for their actions but the voting viewers are responsible for putting Hazel and Daley in the house. And Emma has said in the BOTS that she feels they should not have been put in the house.

If being biased is the fact that we as viewers know something of Emma's personality and morals by her reacting to things that go on in the house, then yes, she is biased. But as a presenter, she has to say something, she has to talk about things that go on in the house. But in my eyes Emma is doing a good job. Of course, at times interviews could be better, but at times it's the fault of the interviewee, not the interviewer.

And the "asking for it" thing, I don't understand where that comes from. Has she said she was asking for it? If she says, "it takes two to tango" that doesn't mean that she was asking for it. Funnily, Hazel usead the exact same expression.

Anyhow, I'm just amazed at how differently we as an audience see the same events but it's also fascinating - although at times annoying.

(P.S. Even if I quoted one person's posting, this is a general post, not directed to just one person and not meant as anything against one person's view. All I want is to understand how people see this so differently.)

Last edited by crocs; 10-08-2013 at 10:03 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-08-2013, 10:27 AM #67

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice in Ozland View Post
The interview was actually quite funny, because Hazel mentioned the "I like you" and "He told me he wasn't in a relationship" thing repeatedly. And she had a right to, because Emma wouldn't let go of it, and Hazel was just repeating her side of the story over and over again. It's like they were interrogating her and wanted her to slip a detail or something.

And in the end, did they ask her how she felt when she was pinned down by her neck? No, because nobody wants to hear what Hazel thinks. Whenever she tries to defend herself, people immediately view it as her being a bitch.
Emma wouldn't let go of it because Hazel was lying.

She did know that Daley had a GF and no amount of 'but he said he was single' changes that.

Last edited by MrWong; 10-08-2013 at 10:42 AM.
MrWong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:32 AM #68

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWong View Post
Emma wouldn't let Hazel go of it because Hazel was lying.

She did know that Daley had a GF and no amount of 'but he said he was single' changes that.
This is true and there's footage to prove it, I just don't remember when it happened. It was before the safe house.

And Emma said something along the lines "she didn't let that smile crack one single time". Hazel was working hard on her image last night.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:45 AM #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocs View Post
This is true and there's footage to prove it, I just don't remember when it happened. It was before the safe house.

And Emma said something along the lines "she didn't let that smile crack one single time". Hazel was working hard on her image last night.
Yes he did say he had a girlfriend in an on off relationship,but he didn't mention his wife and child,so what does that make his on off girlfriend me thinks a home wrecker. Not Hazel.Emma showing so much empathy for the supposed girlfriend when she interviewed her crying etc.
Why didn't Emma bring up the Rat's other bits on the side to Hazel.
No Emma wanted to crack Hazel(No pun intended)Emma failed big time.Terry Christian said last night "The wrong housemate has gone,Hazel should have won."
Hazel should have won,with all the bullying and hatred she underwent from ugly Gina.
Bojangles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:50 AM #70

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojangles View Post
Yes he did say he had a girlfriend in an on off relationship,but he didn't mention his wife and child,so what does that make his on off girlfriend me thinks a home wrecker. Not Hazel.Emma showing so much empathy for the supposed girlfriend when she interviewed her crying etc.
Why didn't Emma bring up the Rat's other bits on the side to Hazel.
No Emma wanted to crack Hazel(No pun intended)Emma failed big time.Terry Christian said last night "The wrong housemate has gone,Hazel should have won."
Hazel should have won,with all the bullying and hatred she underwent from ugly Gina.
What wife? He was in a relationship, he cheated on her to be with Katie.

Why would he mention his 'ex ex' to Hazel? Katie being a homewrecker has no baring on Hazel's actions.

There was no bullying.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:05 AM #71

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Emma wouldn't let go of it because Hazel was lying.

Daley had already cheated on his wife and child and lied about the status of his relationship with his G/F to Hazel. (The G/F who apparently is a homewrecker if what people are saying is true). He's a cheat and a liar. Hazels blame in this is much less. Yet she's taking most of the flak, as the woman always does - even when she has been abused.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:27 AM #72

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What wife? He was in a relationship, he cheated on her to be with Katie.

Why would he mention his 'ex ex' to Hazel? Katie being a homewrecker has no baring on Hazel's actions.

There was no bullying.
I guess it depends on who is on the receiving end for some people.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:32 AM #73

Spot on Jet.
Bojangles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:37 AM #74

Favourites (more):
BB15: Helen
CBB 13: Jim Davidson

Favourites (more):
BB15: Helen
CBB 13: Jim Davidson

Quote:
WTF? Emma has really gone down in my estimation tonight. When she interviewed Daley she was all soft little sympathetic voice but she went after Hazel like a dog with a bone and wouldn't let it go. Emma's bias this series is sickening.
I noticed too that she stood right in front of the crowd waving the 'TEAM GINA' banner to speak, then later right in front of the banners with GET HAZEL OUT and EVIL EYE HAZEL. Anyone else notice that?
I Love Emma Willis, she says it how it is, I thought she was a little bit soft on Hazel but she still didnt let her get away with her stupid comments about 'cause he wrote on my hand, that meant he didnt have a g/f' what a stupid defence lol
Miranda123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:37 AM #75

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

It's "the bias inside"(Emma)
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags