Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 13-08-2013, 10:52 AM #1
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
Default Massive bets rumour

Could it be true. Have the BB staff slow walked Gina to the final for personal gain. The peoples open betting group betfair showed massive bets on gina in the first week even after she was in conflict with Sallie and well hated by the public. her odds were massive when the bets were laid. From memory (which could be wrong) she was 66/1 to win or 14/1 to make the final 3.

If this is true it might marry up with the fact that BB are being nice to the bookies and giving them info before releasing it to the public. This morning we are all still waiting for their decision about Sophie and Ginas cheating but the bookies must have been prompted first as they have the odds up without sam. Why couldn't BB have just put a post up o the website to inform the very people they need the support of to run the show THE PUBLIC AND FANS but no, they choose to treat us like nobs again.

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if someone in the production team wasn't making shed loads of cash by betting last minute due to personal knowledge of the voting figures. Look at how Callums odds dived after he was bet upon in very large sums. It taks a lot of money to move a mans odds from 4/1 to 6/4 and someone made a mint on that one. Sounds very fishy to me especially after last years fiasco when people got sacked for leaking stuff.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 10:54 AM #2

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
Could it be true. Have the BB staff slow walked Gina to the final for personal gain. The peoples open betting group betfair showed massive bets on gina in the first week even after she was in conflict with Sallie and well hated by the public. her odds were massive when the bets were laid. From memory (which could be wrong) she was 66/1 to win or 14/1 to make the final 3.

If this is true it might marry up with the fact that BB are being nice to the bookies and giving them info before releasing it to the public. This morning we are all still waiting for their decision about Sophie and Ginas cheating but the bookies must have been prompted first as they have the odds up without sam. Why couldn't BB have just put a post up o the website to inform the very people they need the support of to run the show THE PUBLIC AND FANS but no, they choose to treat us like nobs again.

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if someone in the production team wasn't making shed loads of cash by betting last minute due to personal knowledge of the voting figures. Look at how Callums odds dived after he was bet upon in very large sums. It taks a lot of money to move a mans odds from 4/1 to 6/4 and someone made a mint on that one. Sounds very fishy to me especially after last years fiasco when people got sacked for leaking stuff.

It gets even more fishy, Sam is now back in the betting.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 10:54 AM #3
Jesus.

Jesus.

I wondered why they all had Ferrari's.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 10:59 AM #4
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Sounds like nonsensical rubbish to me.

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 11:00 AM #5
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A

Quote:

She certainly has been given a "helping"hand in there her and Dexter,Twins ALL been pushed doing nearly every task ,all designed to make them appear fun ,and a good team player ,count how many task have centred round these 3 compared to the others
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 11:00 AM #6
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Now sam is back up and all William hill will say is that they were given the names of the evictees this week this morning and it was changed a short time ago. I rang them to ask if they would refund my bet on the twins as Sam was now in the mix or give me bigger odds due to another person in the mix. They offered to refund me. Even they don't know whats going on as they will have to refund all bets placed on these 4 if Sophie goes up or sam gets saved tonight. BB have made themselves look like idiots and the bookies are not happy.
Old 13-08-2013, 11:02 AM #7

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Now sam is back up and all William hill will say is that they were given the names of the evictees this week this morning and it was changed a short time ago. I rang them to ask if they would refund my bet on the twins as Sam was now in the mix or give me bigger odds due to another person in the mix. They offered to refund me. Even they don't know whats going on as they will have to refund all bets placed on these 4 if Sophie goes up or sam gets saved tonight. BB have made themselves look like idiots and the bookies are not happy.
Looks like he bookies were given false info as well, or someone has seriously messed up.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 12:23 PM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
Sounds like nonsensical rubbish to me.
If you worked at BB wouldn't you try and make a bit on the side? (NO pun intended.)

In fact a long time back (round the BB5/BB6 period) I think someone in their office got into trouble after admitting it. Not anything furtive, just that they'd be putting bets on, only for the reaction be like this was tantamount to insider trading! Even if they didn't do it themselves they'll still text a mate and get them to put a bet on.

It's disgraceful human nature. And pretty sensible, really.
mercerm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 12:26 PM #9

Favourites (more):
BB15: Toya
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

Favourites (more):
BB15: Toya
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

God, are you on a smear campaign against Gina or something?
Old 13-08-2013, 12:33 PM #10
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
CBB 11: Speidi
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Now sam is back up and all William hill will say is that they were given the names of the evictees this week this morning and it was changed a short time ago. I rang them to ask if they would refund my bet on the twins as Sam was now in the mix or give me bigger odds due to another person in the mix. They offered to refund me. Even they don't know whats going on as they will have to refund all bets placed on these 4 if Sophie goes up or sam gets saved tonight.BB have made themselves look like idiots and the bookies are not happy.
Bit in bold..... Someone will be saved tonight?

Don't buy the sun!!
Gillian-73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 12:38 PM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian-73 View Post
Bit in bold..... Someone will be saved tonight?
They're sending in a DJ.
mercerm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 12:43 PM #12
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercerm View Post
They're sending in a DJ.
That explains it perfectly then lol

Don't buy the sun!!
Gillian-73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 12:46 PM #13
Lynne

Favourites (more):
CBB17: David Gest
BB15: Chris
Lynne

Favourites (more):
CBB17: David Gest
BB15: Chris

I can't see anyone getting saved tonight given the phone lines aren't even open yet.
Old 13-08-2013, 01:43 PM #14

These people in the production are not Saints.They are greedy bastards as any crooks in the country.They plotted for Gina to win and already may have bet for her to win long time ago and this is why the panel,audiences and clips all favoured Gina.Orchestration was in action for them to get a bit richer quickly.But they got a pie on the face when Gina self destruct herself with Hazel and now they are panicking as they are going to lose their bet.Last BB I am watching. next one they can shove their game show up their ass.
barbel13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 01:55 PM #15

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB7: Nikki

Favourites:

Wow, yes! the producers have plotted from Day 1 to get Gina this far!! it has absolutely nothing to do with the public saving her three times and her not being nominated for eviction every other week she wasn't up!

Last edited by Adamw92; 13-08-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Adamw92 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 02:02 PM #16
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamw92 View Post
Wow, yes! the producers have plotted from Day 1 to get Gina this far!! it has absolutely nothing to do with the public saving her three times and her not being nominated for eviction every other week she wasn't up!
Oh dear you seem to have the Gina arse lick down to a tee. Hopefully her fall from grace wont hurt you too much
Old 13-08-2013, 02:12 PM #17

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Oh dear you seem to have the Gina arse lick down to a tee. Hopefully her fall from grace wont hurt you too much
Don't worry, I'll be perfectly fine with whatever place she finishes because she's in the final and thats all I could hope for.

Last edited by Adamw92; 13-08-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 13-08-2013, 02:18 PM #18
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamw92 View Post
Don't worry, I'll be perfectly fine with whatever place she finishes because she's in the final and thats all I could hope for.
Typical stereotype answer for all the loosers in the past.......yeah but she to the final bla bla bla. B.OLLOCK.S She is a looser now and was at the beginning, don't even try to tell me the prods have not brought her along because you are the only one on the planet that thinks that. She is a skank and why you are supporting her in the face of everything we all know is beyond me but to close, why don't you troll someone else, I am getting bored. you are following me round like a bad smell.
Old 13-08-2013, 02:22 PM #19
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Typical stereotype answer for all the loosers in the past.......yeah but she to the final bla bla bla. B.OLLOCK.S She is a looser now and was at the beginning, don't even try to tell me the prods have not brought her along because you are the only one on the planet that thinks that. She is a skank and why you are supporting her in the face of everything we all know is beyond me but to close, why don't you troll someone else, I am getting bored. you are following me round like a bad smell.
She's made it to the end of the programme run, she's hardly lost. The real losers have been ousted within a few weeks.

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 02:37 PM #20

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Wow. You're a very angry person aren't you? You're actually calling me a troll too...yeah, okay then. I guarantee I am not the only person who will be happy with her just making it to the final.
Old 13-08-2013, 02:52 PM #21

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
BB12: Aaron

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
BB12: Aaron

OP may I address your concerns
I have nothing to do with BB
I backed Gina heavily the day after she survived against Sallie
The forum polls, started after sallies eviction, had her as the fans favourite, yet the bookies hadn't reacted and still had her at 40/1
So I had a bet, no secret info or conspiracy....

As for callum, he was 8/1 when I read on the forums he was going loopy on the live feed
So I stuck Ł on him to go, the bookies were again slow to react, it was only after his behaviour was shown on the highlights show, that his odds started to tumble
So again, just informed betting....
Innes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 02:53 PM #22
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

come on now sampvt. i expected better from you than this
Old 13-08-2013, 03:10 PM #23
Team Grrumpy

Team Grrumpy

Quote:
This is a crucially important point!

The way things are going the bookies (under the fair gaming laws) will be allowed to state ALL BETS ARE OFF.

Unless they are given the correct information the odds given (at the time of placing the bet) could be drastically affected by LACK of information - i.e They were not told who was actually up (at the time of placing the bet).

What I am saying is this - the odds with 4 members up will be significantly different to the odds with say 6 members up. If BB now decide 6 members are up they better say so quickly or they will be is serious trouble with the bookies.

What an out and out fiasco..just because BB did not set the parameters at the time of nominations up clearly...RANK AMATEURS..
mr rochester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 03:14 PM #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr rochester View Post
This is a crucially important point!

The way things are going the bookies (under the fair gaming laws) will be allowed to state ALL BETS ARE OFF.

Unless they are given the correct information the odds given (at the time of placing the bet) could be drastically affected by LACK of information - i.e They were not told who was actually up (at the time of placing the bet).

What I am saying is this - the odds with 4 members up will be significantly different to the odds with say 6 members up. If BB now decide 6 members are up they better say so quickly or they will be is serious trouble with the bookies.

What an out and out fiasco..just because BB did not set the parameters at the time of nominations up clearly...RANK AMATEURS..
It is a complete fiasco & BB should have had it sorted out by now.
Old 13-08-2013, 03:15 PM #25
Team Grrumpy

Team Grrumpy

If BB try to wriggle out of this by declaring a re-vote with all the rules observed - GUESS WHAT...the housemates will all vote in exactly the same way as last night and therefore nothing will be changed and the bookies will be fine about it.

HOWEVER we will all know that it was unfair and that Sophie and Gina should have been told they were up for carrying on voting...WELL DONE BB...
mr rochester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bets, massive, rumour