Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 18-08-2013, 11:52 AM #1

Default Sophie interview

Interview: Sophie's first day of freedom

Loitering backstage at Big Brother's Bit On The Side, we bumped into the lovely Sophie, who was evicted on Friday night. As you do, we grabbed her for a little bit of a chinwag.

So, you're out of the House! That's weird!
Very weird. It's so strange!

You took eviction really well. Why do you think that was?
I'm not sure. I just, I've got the sort of personality where whatever happens, happens. You just have to go with it. Everyone said, when you go out, that's your time, just own it. Enjoy yourself, smile laugh. So that's what I wanted to do and I done it!

What did you do on Friday night after eviction?
Erm...what did I do? I came straight out and had my interview. I saw my mum and my boyfriend and went back to the hotel. He gave me a few presents because it was my birthday while I was in the House. We went up to my hotel room and i sat up all night just looking at my phone 'coz I was just so happy to have my phone back!

What else have you done since Friday night?
I've been doing everything! I can't even remember what I was doing earlier. I've been doing so much. I had two hours sleep.

So you've caught up with your friends and family.
Yes, by phone. Not as much as I want to, but I'll find the time tomorrow.

What did you miss the most while you were in the House?
My family. My family all the way. Sometimes in the House I used to have to go to Jack and Joe because they were the ones that made me feel more at home and made things alright. Yeah, definitely family.

Would you do anything differently if you had the chance to do it all again?
No, not at all. I think that I went in to be myself and have a good time and let people see me for who I am and that's what I did. If some people didn't like it, they didn't like it. I was myself and I'm glad I did that. I wouldn't change.

Did you think you could win?
No. I went in and I didn't think I could get as far as I could anyway. You don't know who's gonna be in there, and there's so many lovable characters in there. Like Gina and the twins. I love 'em. They're so funny.

Your friendship with the twins was lovely to watch; it was like they were your little brothers!
Yeah, see, with that I'd just sort of told them "aww, go away, go on, leave me alone! Stop poking me Joe!" because Joe used to poke me. Yeah, you know, it was just so nice to have them in there and I'm just so happy they were there and they're still there now.

Who do you want to win?
I really do want Jack and Joe to win. They really do deserve it, and I think Gina would say the same. Jack and Joe, definitely!

So, there we have it, family is still number one in Sophie's book, and she'd love for her surrogate brothers Jack and Joe to win. Thanks, Sophie, you were a treasure!
erinp5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 11:57 AM #2

BB babe Sophie: 'I didn't cheat over eviction'

MOUTHY evictee Sophie Lawrence last night admitted breaking the rules in Big Brother – because she was confused

By Ed Gleave/Published 18th August 2013

The blonde babe, 20, confessed to her actions – just like infamous Nasty Nick Bateman did in the first series.

Millions of viewers saw Sophie appear to change who she was picking on live telly last Monday during face-to-face nominations.

Fans speculated she had cheated because she swapped her decision after other housemates had nominated – *meaning she could affect the overall result and decide who faced the public vote.

In an exclusive chat with the Daily Star Sunday, Sophie confirmed she *originally picked Charlie Travers but replaced her with Dexter Koh.

“Sometimes you’re under pressure because you’re not sure who you’re going to nominate. It was quite hard to nominate”
Sophie
In a frank admission, she said: “At first I wrote Charlie. But then I couldn’t bring myself to nominate her because she’d never done or said anything bad to me. I rubbed it out and put Dexter.

“Sometimes you’re under pressure because you’re not sure who you’re going to nominate. It was quite hard to nominate.” Sophie was grilled in the diary room about her actions and convinced bosses she had done nothing wrong.

But scores of viewers slated her online over it and claimed producers were giving her special treatment.

Fearing a backlash, Sophie insisted: “I think this has been made into a bigger issue than it was. I was just confused.

“I wrote Charlie and then I thought ‘no, no, it’s Dexter’.”

Sophie insisted that, because she *nominated last, Dexter and Charlie, 27, would have been nominated anyway.

She added: “I wasn’t trying to fix it at all. I didn’t mean it to change the result. I could have chosen someone who wouldn’t have already been up but I chose Dexter.

“So that proves I didn’t intend to do anything bad.”

Her antics mirror sneaky Nick, 45, on the show 13 years ago, who was caught out trying to fix nominations.

Dexter was later saved from nomination in a shock twist after winning immunity – and picked Sophie to replace him.

The former dental nurse was booted out on Friday after her bitching sessions with pal Gina Rio, 24, angered some viewers.

Hitting back, Sophie said: “I didn’t mean anything bad when I spoke about people. In that environment you all do it. There’s nothing I regret.”

Sophie, from Canning Town, east London, added: “I was myself in there.”
Old 18-08-2013, 12:29 PM #3

Favourites (more):
BB14: Sophie
The Apprentice 2013: Luisa

Favourites (more):
BB14: Sophie
The Apprentice 2013: Luisa

I actually don't think eviction on Friday was necessarily a bad thing for Sophie.

Daily Star got her age wrong - but it is the Daily Star! LOL
Cold Sweat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 02:29 PM #4

Dan Neal Official ‏@DanNealOfficial 10h

Night all! Had happy birthday, topped off by partying with @sophielawrence9 Only 40 hours to the final!! @bbuk #bbuk pic.twitter.com/AWMCgSIfKd

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
interview, Sophie