Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB12 Celebrity Big Brother 12 started 22nd August 2013 and was won by Charlotte Crosby.

Discuss here.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:42 PM #26
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
I'm a Celeb 2012: David Haye
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
I'm a Celeb 2012: David Haye

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoPoodle View Post
Very well put. Also, it's my experience that people who goes on about being so honest and outspoken are just using it as an excuse to be rude and nasty to others while not accepting any responsibility for it. I think it's incredibly pathetic to reserve the right to be an absolute asshole to people and try to turn that into some sort of saintly quality in themselves. Can't stand people with a holier-than-thou attitude.

Truly honest people who don't take pleasure in hurting others will tell you what they think when asked or when it's appropriate, but won't take every possible opportunity to shove their personal opinions in everyone else's face. They also rarely make such a fuss about again and again announcing their honesty and truthfulness. The more someone says "I'm such a nice/honest/truthful/whatever person", the more likely they're actually the opposite.

Me
Tozzie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:43 PM #27

Quote:
Very well put. Also, it's my experience that people who goes on about being so honest and outspoken are just using it as an excuse to be rude and nasty to others while not accepting any responsibility for it. I think it's incredibly pathetic to reserve the right to be an absolute asshole to people and try to turn that into some sort of saintly quality in themselves. Can't stand people with a holier-than-thou attitude.

Truly honest people who don't take pleasure in hurting others will tell you what they think when asked or when it's appropriate, but won't take every possible opportunity to shove their personal opinions in everyone else's face. They also rarely make such a fuss about again and again announcing their honesty and truthfulness. The more someone says "I'm such a nice/honest/truthful/whatever person", the more likely they're actually the opposite.
Aren't you assuming a lot claiming Carol took pleasure from hurting others. I think it was more a case of feeling so frustrated by two attention seeking misfits - she simply couldn't bite her lip any longer and just let it out.
sassysocks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:46 PM #28

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin
CBB14: Gary

Favourites (more):

Carol insulted Sophie with Lauren, then told Lauren to tell Sophie, then denied that she insulted Sophie in front of Sophie, then went to Lauren to say "well done!"

That is not honest, it is not strong, it is called conniving.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:56 PM #29
Banned

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi

Banned

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi

I wonder if the photographer will use a soft focus lense for the wedding shots?
Johnnyuk123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:59 PM #30

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyuk123 View Post
I wonder if the photographer will use a soft focus lense for the wedding shots?
Vaseline all over the lens smeared like jelly.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:37 AM #31

Favourites (more):
CBB 13: Linda Nolan
CBB 12: Vicky Entwistle

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassysocks View Post
Aren't you assuming a lot claiming Carol took pleasure from hurting others. I think it was more a case of feeling so frustrated by two attention seeking misfits - she simply couldn't bite her lip any longer and just let it out.
Oh please... She started badmouthing others right from the start and haven't stopped. The things she and Louie said about Sophie were absolutely horrible. She's media savvy and yet being on the telly doesn't stop her, so it's not in any way just her losing patience and blurting something out. She's not trying and failing, she's set out to be an arse. Yeah, you bet your little cotton socks she's relishing it! You can dislike someone and be upfront about it w/o being classless, arrogant and childish.
MachoPoodle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:03 AM #32
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassysocks View Post
It is a weakness yes, but not half as weak as needing a rich old man to provide for you, that is weak and deceitful. Carol is far from perfect, but she has more to her than Courtney.
What exactly is deceitful about marriage? I'm not sure why I ask because I'm sure you'll just reply with 3 more wildly inaccurate and exaggerated criticisms of the girl, but I'm intrigued to see where exactly these character assassinations stem from. Jealousy, maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:06 AM #33

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

I'm sure Carol and Mark will get married, however people try to spoil it for them , lol.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:30 AM #34

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

It'll be good for him,Maybe she'll die off in 20 years or so and he'll get all her assets.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:43 AM #35

[QUOTE=MachoPoodle;6370191]The things she and Louie said about Sophie were absolutely horrible.

Yeah cos Sophie is a sweet little soul isnt she?....she never said anything personal about the other housemates did she? The name calling and spiteful names she called Carol in her eviction interview and on BBBOTS were not at all venomous!!!...coming from a woman obsessed!!...
rusticgal is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:08 PM #36

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Oh please... She started badmouthing others right from the start and haven't stopped. The things she and Louie said about Sophie were absolutely horrible. She's media savvy and yet being on the telly doesn't stop her, so it's not in any way just her losing patience and blurting something out. She's not trying and failing, she's set out to be an arse. Yeah, you bet your little cotton socks she's relishing it! You can dislike someone and be upfront about it w/o being classless, arrogant and childish.
Your post has more than a ring of truth about it, however everyone knows that the Celeb version of BB is not for the faint hearted. ALL the "Celebs" that go in there are there because its work not because they are on a "journey". They may like to dress it up as such to win the GBP approval but underneath its a job , work it pays the bills.

All of them are under no illusions when they go in there, they know that probably all of them have big personalities that's why most of them are Celebs they love the spotlight and they are used to all the backstabbing and bitchiness that goes along with that type of lifestyle.

So let's not for example accuse Carol of being horrible, bitchy, cruel....ffs its a gameshow and they ALL have gameplans and stick to them. They accept the rules before they go in there so let's not get so upset when the fur does fly.

At the end of it they are all actors trying to win, trying to get the public on their side. Carol is probably a nice person but she is media savvy and this is her "character" in CBB. she obviously thinks it gives her a fighting chance to win.

I for one find her amusing and I do not take any of it to heart...I wish others would be more relaxed about how they see things in the CBB house.
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:11 PM #37

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
Your post has more than a ring of truth about it, however everyone knows that the Celeb version of BB is not for the faint hearted. ALL the "Celebs" that go in there are there because its work not because they are on a "journey". They may like to dress it up as such to win the GBP approval but underneath its a job , work it pays the bills.

All of them are under no illusions when they go in there, they know that probably all of them have big personalities that's why most of them are Celebs they love the spotlight and they are used to all the backstabbing and bitchiness that goes along with that type of lifestyle.

So let's not for example accuse Carol of being horrible, bitchy, cruel....ffs its a gameshow and they ALL have gameplans and stick to them. They accept the rules before they go in there so let's not get so upset when the fur does fly.

At the end of it they are all actors trying to win, trying to get the public on their side. Carol is probably a nice person but she is media savvy and this is her "character" in CBB. she obviously thinks it gives her a fighting chance to win.

I for one find her amusing and I do not take any of it to heart...I wish others would be more relaxed about how they see things in the CBB house.
It takes a bitch to fake being a bitch. There's no difference. Hold on whilst I just pretend to call Sophie a trout mouthed bitch. She won't mind.. it's a game show.

Last edited by Pincho Paxton; 09-09-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Pincho Paxton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:39 PM #38

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincho Paxton View Post
It takes a bitch to fake being a bitch. There's no difference. Hold on whilst I just pretend to call Sophie a trout mouthed bitch. She won't mind.. it's a game show.
Exactly.......it is a gameshow so who really cares if people are really like the way they "act" in the CBB House. its all done for votes and clearly you are not persuaded by this approach and prefer the more ...nicey, lovey keeping it real approach...no problem each to their own !!
Old 09-09-2013, 12:43 PM #39

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Exactly.......it is a gameshow so who really cares if people are really like the way they "act" in the CBB House. its all done for votes and clearly you are not persuaded by this approach and prefer the more ...nicey, lovey keeping it real approach...no problem each to their own !!
I wrote that in Carol's words. It's not a game show. The interactions are real. If you insult someone it's real.

Last edited by Pincho Paxton; 09-09-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:01 PM #40

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Yeah cos Sophie is a sweet little soul isnt she?....she never said anything personal about the other housemates did she? The name calling and spiteful names she called Carol in her eviction interview and on BBBOTS were not at all venomous!!!...coming from a woman obsessed!!...
And your logic there is what, exactly? Of course she's not gonna have anything nice to say about a woman whom have done nothing but called her names and giving her a hard time in there. Carol behaved the way she did before that, and doesn't even know about what Sophie has said outside the house yet so I fail to see how this is at all relevant.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:07 PM #41

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

You are aware people can have opinions w/o being upset or taking it to heart, I trust? Because I'm not sure why you're taking for granted that I am.

That aside, I disliked Carol before she went inside the house and it sure seems to be like she's exactly the same person in there as she normally is. At least this side to her is the same, which is one she doesn't seem to mind one bit people see. That says something.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:17 PM #42

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You are aware people can have opinions w/o being upset or taking it to heart, I trust? Because I'm not sure why you're taking for granted that I am.

That aside, I disliked Carol before she went inside the house and it sure seems to be like she's exactly the same person in there as she normally is. At least this side to her is the same, which is one she doesn't seem to mind one bit people see. That says something.
Maybe your right, maybe she really is one nasty bitch inside the house and out. If you remember the last BB series Gina displayed some horrendous character traits and yet post after post people were saying how entertaining she was and that she should win despite her obvious faults. I guess its the same for Carol ie nasty piece of work but providing a fair bit of drama in an otherwise dull house. you have to admit the house would be quieter and less interesting to watch if she was not there.

I mean can you imagine a house with 12 Abz's in it.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz
Old 09-09-2013, 03:23 PM #43

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Maybe your right, maybe she really is one nasty bitch inside the house and out. If you remember the last BB series Gina displayed some horrendous character traits and yet post after post people were saying how entertaining she was and that she should win despite her obvious faults. I guess its the same for Carol ie nasty piece of work but providing a fair bit of drama in an otherwise dull house. you have to admit the house would be quieter and less interesting to watch if she was not there.

I mean can you imagine a house with 12 Abz's in it.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz
I don't really remember Gina being very nasty. She was nasty to Hazel, but Hazel was flirting with somebody with a girlfriend. So Gina was actually being nice.

Last edited by Pincho Paxton; 09-09-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:14 PM #44

Quote:
And your logic there is what, exactly? Of course she's not gonna have anything nice to say about a woman whom have done nothing but called her names and giving her a hard time in there. Carol behaved the way she did before that, and doesn't even know about what Sophie has said outside the house yet so I fail to see how this is at all relevant.
Thats the trouble...'you fail to see'...enough said!!!
rusticgal is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
carol, married