Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB12 Celebrity Big Brother 12 started 22nd August 2013 and was won by Charlotte Crosby.

Discuss here.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:34 PM #1

Default Abz fav - will a C5 female (other than Jacqueline Denise Welch) win?

Thought we'd have a unique female 1,2,3 finish (Lauren, Charlotte and Carol) but it's increasingly looking like this CBB is returning to form with a male winner i.e. Abz.

Don't get me wrong I like Abz, he's a sweet natured, intriguing imaginative reticent guy and wouldn't minding him beating proud thicko Charlotte into 3rd place but I really really want Lauren or Vicki to win. Abz is a lovely presence in house (they way he reassured Lauren she was beautiful was lovely) but like winner Sam in the regular BB he's played a side role to the main (female) HMs.

Last edited by alex_front2; 10-09-2013 at 03:36 PM.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:50 PM #2
Team Grrumpy

Team Grrumpy

It might be the fault of the Production Team just not showing him very much. I like him too and was delighted to hear he was going in - but if we were to count the minutes air time he has been given over the entire show it would be less than 20 minutes (excluding diary room conversations). C5 are at fault here - it's cross-making really - humph...

I don't think he will be very happy when he gets out and realises they have barely featured him - particularly if he wins...
mr rochester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:51 PM #3
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB15: Danielle
BBUSA16: Cody

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB15: Danielle
BBUSA16: Cody

Abz will probably be 2nd, I don't know how, same with Sam winning. Although I liked both, they don't warrant winning. All you need nowadays to win big brother is to be a good-looking male who doesn't participate or make effort with others, and don't bitch.
MeMyselfAndI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:03 PM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
Abz will probably be 2nd, I don't know how, same with Sam winning. Although I liked both, they don't warrant winning. All you need nowadays to win big brother is to be a good-looking male who doesn't participate or make effort with others, and don't bitch.
That's because whether we like it HMs start of in different points of popularity BEFORE entering the house.

Sam was favorite from the moment he entered the house? Why because he's a
  • working class
  • young
  • good looking
  • white
  • male
  • with a disability that won't take away from his 'hotness' (not PC but true imo)

Sam was the bookies fav at beginning as he was 'safe'. Not 'niche' ie older, black or unattractive. He's comfortably vanilla. Being deaf was his USP but it's not visible.

He's always going to start off more popular entering the house than anyone else especially some one who is e.g.
  • posh
  • older
  • average looking
  • non white e.g. British Asian muslim
  • woman

The non white young male housemates eg. Asian woman is going to have to cause drama just to get air time (other the producers are going to focus their female attention on the bikini clad white young glamour models ala Hazel, Sophie Reade etc). So Deana, Makosi, Gina or older females like Lesley or males like Ahmed are going to have to cause drama and be entertaining just to get AT. Causing drama means you polarise the audience. And are never guaranteed popularity unless you build up a cult following and become a forum fav ala Deana or Dexter

Some will hate you ala Gina despite being more entertaining than Sam who provided little. The young bland good looking male housemates can do fu** all, not even get air time but still win ala Sam becasue he's good looking and will get teenie girls wanting him to win and the casual voters thinking he's a nice guy.
Dexter is never gona get AT if he had been a nice guy. He'd have been the dull unsexy Asian guy. Being a game player meant he got AT and a following but ultimately got depicted as the villain.

Last edited by alex_front2; 10-09-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:14 PM #5

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin
CBB14: Gary

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin
CBB14: Gary

Abz will probably win, because I have him last, and I am always wrong.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:05 PM #6

Abz = first c5 winner Paddy.

The quiet inconsequential cbb hm nobody expected to win at the start but beat out bigger characters
Old 10-09-2013, 08:46 PM #7
Tibbsy.

Tibbsy.

Talking Telling It Like It Is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_front2 View Post
That's because whether we like it HMs start of in different points of popularity BEFORE entering the house.

Sam was favorite from the moment he entered the house? Why because he's a
  • working class
  • young
  • good looking
  • white
  • male
  • with a disability that won't take away from his 'hotness' (not PC but true imo)

Sam was the bookies fav at beginning as he was 'safe'. Not 'niche' ie older, black or unattractive. He's comfortably vanilla. Being deaf was his USP but it's not visible.

He's always going to start off more popular entering the house than anyone else especially some one who is e.g.
  • posh
  • older
  • average looking
  • non white e.g. British Asian muslim
  • woman

The non white young male housemates eg. Asian woman is going to have to cause drama just to get air time (other the producers are going to focus their female attention on the bikini clad white young glamour models ala Hazel, Sophie Reade etc). So Deana, Makosi, Gina or older females like Lesley or males like Ahmed are going to have to cause drama and be entertaining just to get AT. Causing drama means you polarise the audience. And are never guaranteed popularity unless you build up a cult following and become a forum fav ala Deana or Dexter

Some will hate you ala Gina despite being more entertaining than Sam who provided little. The young bland good looking male housemates can do fu** all, not even get air time but still win ala Sam becasue he's good looking and will get teenie girls wanting him to win and the casual voters thinking he's a nice guy.
Dexter is never gona get AT if he had been a nice guy. He'd have been the dull unsexy Asian guy. Being a game player meant he got AT and a following but ultimately got depicted as the villain.
I tend to agree with most of that analysis.....however uncomfortable it might make some feel.
Napoleon_Solo. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:59 PM #8

The scary thing is if bb12 Jay didn't poo in freezer, punch pillow after banana-gate or smear messages in blood to Louise he probably would have won.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
abz, c5, denise, fav, female, jacqueline, welch, win