Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB12 Celebrity Big Brother 12 started 22nd August 2013 and was won by Charlotte Crosby.

Discuss here.

Old 11-09-2013, 09:04 AM #1

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):

Default Lauren Harries playing a good game ftw.....

After thinking about this for some time and reading a few posts on here etc,I think Lauren is much smarter than she is trying to portray and is playing quite a good game,Only the mask is begining to slip now.She went in with the image of a clumsy,unstable and fragile person who can't articulate herself very well.Since then we have seen multiple things which contradict this image.She seems extremely capable of articulating herself when she wants to and she grabs airtime when she can,2 examples of this are
1.During the Geordie Shore/Essex task with Courtney and Dustin - She stayed up there acting for the full thing when she knew she would be televised,Pretending she did'nt know she was supposed to go back down to the rest of the group,This was a blatent attempt to grab airtime.
2.The bitchfest task - When she says "I think I'm the best person to answer this".She got straight in there to get herself on camera,Almost like an instinct to fight for telly time,as if she's been trained to do it,It was like second nature to her.
There are various times when she has spoken up very well when she feels her image is under threat.I also believe she deliberately let the argument last night play out for Charlotte to add another nail in her coffin.I think Lauren is going for the win big time.I don't think this is a bad thing btw,My post is'nt against Lauren,I don't have a fav housemate(well maybe Courtney),It is just my observation/opinion.What d'y'all think?

Last edited by Northern Monkey; 11-09-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:41 AM #2
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballPaul View Post
After thinking about this for some time and reading a few posts on here etc,I think Lauren is much smarter than she is trying to portray and is playing quite a good game,Only the mask is begining to slip now.She went in with the image of a clumsy,unstable and fragile person who can't articulate herself very well.Since then we have seen multiple things which contradict this image.She seems extremely capable of articulating herself when she wants to and she grabs airtime when she can,2 examples of this are
1.During the Geordie Shore/Essex task with Courtney and Dustin - She stayed up there acting for the full thing when she knew she would be televised,Pretending she did'nt know she was supposed to go back down to the rest of the group,This was a blatent attempt to grab airtime.
2.The bitchfest task - When she says "I think I'm the best person to answer this".She got straight in there to get herself on camera,Almost like an instinct to fight for telly time,as if she's been trained to do it,It was like second nature to her.
There are various times when she has spoken up very well when she feels her image is under threat.I also believe she deliberately let the argument last night play out for Charlotte to add another nail in her coffin.I think Lauren is going for the win big time.I don't think this is a bad thing btw,My post is'nt against Lauren,I don't have a fav housemate(well maybe Courtney),It is just my observation/opinion.What d'y'all think?

Totally agree, she is not at all how she has protrayed herself, the penny dropping for Charlotte and Mario was funny. Got to hand it to Lauren she is playing a blinder. I hope she doesn't win though :

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:46 AM #3
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

I think Ma Harries has warned her to keep her tongue and temper under control. If she reverts to her normal self she loses the game.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:53 AM #4

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:

I must say I agree.

The reason they thought she had seen her mother was because she had impLIED it as well. So she is quite capable of mixing it up a bit. More like the character we knew before she went in now.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:54 AM #5

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I must say I agree.

The reason they thought she had seen her mother was because she had impLIED it as well. So she is quite capable of mixing it up a bit. More like the character we knew before she went in now.
Yeah,I forgot about that,Good point
Old 11-09-2013, 09:54 AM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers View Post
I think Ma Harries has warned her to keep her tongue and temper under control. If she reverts to her normal self she loses the game.
More than likely
Old 11-09-2013, 10:15 AM #7
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Anyone who has a single iota of pity for her should watch the video someone posted of her yesterday ,shes the nastiest,sneakiest slyist cow ever ,but fooled everyone with her "poor senile,friendless,bullied" act
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:16 AM #8

She has played everyone...this poor person who has no friends...the looks of desperation when noms are announced. Then last night letting them argue fully aware that they had it wrong. In fact Vicky who was defending Laurens corner came out looking the most stupid...and to me that was just nasty.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:18 AM #9

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Anyone who has a single iota of pity for her should watch the video someone posted of her yesterday ,shes the nastiest,sneakiest slyist cow ever ,but fooled everyone with her "poor senile,friendless,bullied" act
Not fooling me Chuff, I am amazed at how she has managed to keep her fake persona up for this length of time......as if her life depended on it
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:23 AM #10

Favourites (more):
CBB 13: Linda Nolan
CBB 12: Vicky Entwistle

Favourites (more):
CBB 13: Linda Nolan
CBB 12: Vicky Entwistle

I do think there's more to Lauren than what we've seen, but we also don't know to what extent it's because of the BB edit and not necessarily Lauren being a massive game player. She clearly wants to win and I don't think she's by any means always as clueless as some seem to believe, but neither am I convinced she's got it all planned out perfectly. Probably something inbetween, more like. Ever since the beginning I've noticed there has been several times she's tried to speak up but been spoken over by the others, so it might be it's not until now she's been able to make herself heard.
MachoPoodle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:25 AM #11
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Not fooling me Chuff, I am amazed at how she has managed to keep her fake persona up for this length of time......as if her life depended on it
Me neither Smudgie, shes slyly slid away from any bother in there ,shes let silly Vicky defend her,shes got them all fooled by her poor me act , they are now seeing the light,but its too late to get rid of her now ,they will kick themselves how they have been hoodwinked by her when they get out,no one can changed from the obnoxious brat she was into Mary Poppins ,We can all spill stuff,fall over, fall out of bed if we wanted to, but shes got it off to a T ,but peoples fell for it and she will walk away the winner, but she will never be a worthy winner,just a fake who played the housemates and public like a second hand fiddle

Last edited by chuff me dizzy; 11-09-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:47 AM #12
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:
BB12: Aaron
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:

Brilliant OP.

Lauren has played the dumbed down, no friends, unstable, head in the clouds character with all the other HMs running around looking after her.

She's also had huge assistance from the BB team in her getting to the final .... proof of this is that she's the ONLY one out of all of them to have been chosen to live in luxury not just once but TWICE!

Unfortunately for her, but fortunately for those that can't stand her, most of the HM's are now fully aware of this and are letting their voices and opinions be heard.

I think the fact that it has now been found out that she was the one who planted the seed that she had had communication with her family (mother) while in the diary room, then sat back and watched an argument ignite without saying anything, only to confirm she hadn't had contact the following morning when asked directly, may have ruined her chances of actually taking the crown. The mask slipped and the real Ms Harries was revealed!

It will be very interesting to see how she performs until the final on Friday after tonight's eviction. My feeling is we will see a lot more of the sly, manipulative Lauren her parents have coached her to be all her life!
Marmalite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:51 AM #13
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:

Quote:

Easy... just disappear to the bedroom and pretend to sleep a lot and then act like a lost child who can't function like a 35 year old until the final week.

However, she and her family have forgotten that not all the viewers are that naďve!
Marmalite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:53 AM #14
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Lauren has been a scammer since the age of 10.

Plenty of practice!
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:56 AM #15
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard View Post
Lauren has been a scammer since the age of 10.

Plenty of practice!
Dead right
Old 11-09-2013, 10:59 AM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmalite View Post
Brilliant OP.

Lauren has played the dumbed down, no friends, unstable, head in the clouds character with all the other HMs running around looking after her.

She's also had huge assistance from the BB team in her getting to the final .... proof of this is that she's the ONLY one out of all of them to have been chosen to live in luxury not just once but TWICE!

Unfortunately for her, but fortunately for those that can't stand her, most of the HM's are now fully aware of this and are letting their voices and opinions be heard.

I think the fact that it has now been found out that she was the one who planted the seed that she had had communication with her family (mother) while in the diary room, then sat back and watched an argument ignite without saying anything, only to confirm she hadn't had contact the following morning when asked directly, may have ruined her chances of actually taking the crown. The mask slipped and the real Ms Harries was revealed!

It will be very interesting to see how she performs until the final on Friday after tonight's eviction. My feeling is we will see a lot more of the sly, manipulative Lauren her parents have coached her to be all her life!
Yeah,She may step things up now!Or she may be extra nice and likeable.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:03 AM #17
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Just reading comments re Lauren on Facebook ,if she wins who has voted for her ? clearly not the BB fans ,this is just a snippet of endless dislike for her

Andrea Mansell IF SHE WINS THEN IT'S FIXED . IF WE TRUE BIG BRO FANS WE DON'T LIKE EDITED PEOPLE WHICH LAUREN IS . When she was on bbbot last year cringed every time she was on ASIF SHE IS STYLE GURU I'm glad the campaign didn't get her on last year but hate the special treatment she is getting
29 minutes ago via mobile · Unlike · 8

Rosie Owen Cant stand her shes so weird
29 minutes ago · Unlike · 4

Mo Fenlon Fake fake fake its about time the hm see her for what she is
29 minutes ago via mobile · Unlike · 6

Sarah Bartlett Seems like pretty much every "commentor" has become a fan of the wrong page! If you dont like the show, dont agree with the show or the people on it, dont like the fan page to leave negative comments. Im sure there is something far more to your liking out there...!
29 minutes ago · Like · 2

Dave Titus Brimble Se needs to come out of the house and be sectioned, we all know she's close to the edge and if she doesn't win it will push her over
28 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 2

Gary Doran She's been favourites to win from start so if she does it would be a fix, she relies on everyone and she's a dirty, pathetic, ugly clown!'
28 minutes ago · Like · 2

Adele Athwain Abs to win
28 minutes ago · Unlike · 4

Andrea Mansell It's right what someone said last night on bbbots when she was on it last year she seamed confident so why the change this year and needs help all time with absolutely everything like a child HAS TO BE A GAME PLAN INVENTED BY BIG BRO FOR HER TO WIN as they have edited it that way it's all about her WAKE UP CBB
27 minutes ago via mobile · Unlike · 10

Alan Douglass was she on corrie she looks familiar the name vera comes to mind
27 minutes ago · Like

Dave Plant well that was a minute wasted by BB then, couldnt they think of something better to do for a minute
27 minutes ago · Like · 2

Mo Fenlon Just because we don't like one person doesn't mean we don't like the show lol
26 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 7

Sabina Michelle Neri Love you babe your doing so well
26 minutes ago · Like · 2

Amy Nicole Loader it has been easy for Lauren to play the victim as the other hm's and the public have pampered her so far, lets see her true colours come out please xx
26 minutes ago · Like · 9

Neil Koch barbara cartland game player
25 minutes ago · Like

Lynne Little *yawns* can we see some of the other housemates please? they are in there ... aren't they?
25 minutes ago · Like · 8

Miriam Goodchild She is not the only person in the house, there happens to be six others at the moment, or has BB forgotten that.
24 minutes ago · Like · 6

Sami Payne We're all entitled to an opinion, I like other housemates but I don't like Lauren and don't think she she have even been allowed in the house as she has worked for BB!
24 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 8

Amy Nicole Loader seven others not six lol xx
24 minutes ago · Like · 3

Natalie Lewis also with letters from home she just assumed it was hers by the way she lifted her hand to take the letter but realised it wasnt for her lol
24 minutes ago · Like · 5

Sean Mallon @Gary Doran - she hasn't been favourite to win it right fro
Old 11-09-2013, 11:13 AM #18

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary

Quote:
Just reading comments re Lauren on Facebook ,if she wins who has voted for her ? clearly not the BB fans ,this is just a snippet of endless dislike for her

Andrea Mansell IF SHE WINS THEN IT'S FIXED . IF WE TRUE BIG BRO FANS WE DON'T LIKE EDITED PEOPLE WHICH LAUREN IS . When she was on bbbot last year cringed every time she was on ASIF SHE IS STYLE GURU I'm glad the campaign didn't get her on last year but hate the special treatment she is getting
29 minutes ago via mobile · Unlike · 8

Rosie Owen Cant stand her shes so weird
29 minutes ago · Unlike · 4

Mo Fenlon Fake fake fake its about time the hm see her for what she is
29 minutes ago via mobile · Unlike · 6

Sarah Bartlett Seems like pretty much every "commentor" has become a fan of the wrong page! If you dont like the show, dont agree with the show or the people on it, dont like the fan page to leave negative comments. Im sure there is something far more to your liking out there...!
29 minutes ago · Like · 2

Dave Titus Brimble Se needs to come out of the house and be sectioned, we all know she's close to the edge and if she doesn't win it will push her over
28 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 2

Gary Doran She's been favourites to win from start so if she does it would be a fix, she relies on everyone and she's a dirty, pathetic, ugly clown!'
28 minutes ago · Like · 2

Adele Athwain Abs to win
28 minutes ago · Unlike · 4

Andrea Mansell It's right what someone said last night on bbbots when she was on it last year she seamed confident so why the change this year and needs help all time with absolutely everything like a child HAS TO BE A GAME PLAN INVENTED BY BIG BRO FOR HER TO WIN as they have edited it that way it's all about her WAKE UP CBB
27 minutes ago via mobile · Unlike · 10

Alan Douglass was she on corrie she looks familiar the name vera comes to mind
27 minutes ago · Like

Dave Plant well that was a minute wasted by BB then, couldnt they think of something better to do for a minute
27 minutes ago · Like · 2

Mo Fenlon Just because we don't like one person doesn't mean we don't like the show lol
26 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 7

Sabina Michelle Neri Love you babe your doing so well
26 minutes ago · Like · 2

Amy Nicole Loader it has been easy for Lauren to play the victim as the other hm's and the public have pampered her so far, lets see her true colours come out please xx
26 minutes ago · Like · 9

Neil Koch barbara cartland game player
25 minutes ago · Like

Lynne Little *yawns* can we see some of the other housemates please? they are in there ... aren't they?
25 minutes ago · Like · 8

Miriam Goodchild She is not the only person in the house, there happens to be six others at the moment, or has BB forgotten that.
24 minutes ago · Like · 6

Sami Payne We're all entitled to an opinion, I like other housemates but I don't like Lauren and don't think she she have even been allowed in the house as she has worked for BB!
24 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 8

Amy Nicole Loader seven others not six lol xx
24 minutes ago · Like · 3

Natalie Lewis also with letters from home she just assumed it was hers by the way she lifted her hand to take the letter but realised it wasnt for her lol
24 minutes ago · Like · 5

Sean Mallon @Gary Doran - she hasn't been favourite to win it right fro
Interesting Post.......I thought she was just a weirdly odd HM who for some reason has been taken to the hearts of the GBP, but now it seems that she is actually a seasoned gameplayer who has plenty of experience in scamming people.

So maybe she is actually playing a superb game..... perhaps I've got her all wrong, perhaps she is playing a blinder...fair play to her if no one susses her then she does deserve to win...!!!!
Old 11-09-2013, 11:31 AM #19
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam

Quote:
Me neither Smudgie, shes slyly slid away from any bother in there ,shes let silly Vicky defend her,shes got them all fooled by her poor me act , they are now seeing the light,but its too late to get rid of her now ,they will kick themselves how they have been hoodwinked by her when they get out,no one can changed from the obnoxious brat she was into Mary Poppins ,We can all spill stuff,fall over, fall out of bed if we wanted to, but shes got it off to a T ,but peoples fell for it and she will walk away the winner, but she will never be a worthy winner,just a fake who played the housemates and public like a second hand fiddle
You know me chuff. I called her out from day one. Her mask is slipping and her true colours are showing. Even Emma is starting to climb down and boots is becoming way too pro Lauren. Even Emma said it last night now endeth the Lauren news or something like that.

Her dumb act was favoured in the beginning but now it's looking like she is scripting her own edits. Abz looks like a sam type winner now but Louie is coming back now he has gotten real again.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:37 AM #20
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
You know me chuff. I called her out from day one. Her mask is slipping and her true colours are showing. Even Emma is starting to climb down and boots is becoming way too pro Lauren. Even Emma said it last night now endeth the Lauren news or something like that.

Her dumb act was favoured in the beginning but now it's looking like she is scripting her own edits. Abz looks like a sam type winner now but Louie is coming back now he has gotten real again.
The BBBOTS bias is what will hand her the crown,its too late to backstep now, the damage is done ,last nights show was by far the worst Ive seen for 100% bias to one housemate, and its now a nightly thing to have the performing bitch making herself looks a silly desperate cow in the diary room ,who has none of the others been featured in this way ? Hope the learn by the tragic mistake they have made this year
Old 11-09-2013, 11:42 AM #21
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

Channel 5 want a spin-off show, simples!
Old 11-09-2013, 11:44 AM #22
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers View Post
Channel 5 want a spin-off show, simples!
Well it would be a cold day in hell if they are waiting for me to watch anything with the Beast of Bodmin Moor on it
Old 11-09-2013, 11:51 AM #23
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

Quote:
Well it would be a cold day in hell if they are waiting for me to watch anything with the Beast of Bodmin Moor on it
Well she dresses like the old Queen Mary (wonder how the OXFAM shop in Cardiff is faring without their best customer?)
So it'll probably be a style show Lauren DOES believe in criticizing everyone else on their dress sense as proved on BOTS time and time again!

Last edited by fingers; 11-09-2013 at 11:55 AM.
fingers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:03 PM #24
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

She doesn't need to win CBB to get a spin off show on C5, unless it is the Winners Story of course, with the amount of coverage she has got including most of the BOTS DR fillers she should be fine.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:10 PM #25

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

One of the greatest gameplayers ever......lauren to win.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ftw, game, good, harries, lauren, playing