Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Creative Writing and Books This area is for members' stories and poetry. Also a forum for book reviews and discussion.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:22 PM #1
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Default TiBB Christmas Story 2013: A Christmas Wish?

As tradition goes we at TiBB like to write our own Christmas story. Now the way it works is that one at a time we posts a part of the story. You can do whatever you want in it, but keep it fun and festive and try and keep it linked to the previous parts if you can so it doesn't get scrappy and rubbish.

Also be aware of someone else posting the next part.

Character List:

Spoiler:

Main:

Saph
Salman
Marc - The GingerBread Man
reece(: - FaiReece(:
Lee - Old Mother Lee
Novo - King Novo of Novo Scotia

Side characters:

Verbal - The Angry Christmas Tree
GypsyGoth - The Friendly GypsyGoth
Mrs. Cherie - neighbour
Mr. Dezzy - neighbour
Miss Mizzy - neighbour
Conzors - Mrs Cheries son
Brother Leon - Town trouble maker
Jemal - Town trouble maker

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Christmas Wish?

As the snow gently fell outside Saph gazed out the window and sipped her hot chocolate. She loved watching the snow, especially when she was inside wrapped snuggly in her fluffy dressing gown while the log fire danced away next to her. She loved this time of the year; the chill outside, the glowing warmth inside, the Christmas decorations sparkling around the house and the scent of all the amazing and delicious foods that was being cooked.

She let out a sigh as her little brother, Salman, came running in the room screaming and pretending to be a knight, disturbing her tranquility and snapping her back into reality. She glanced around at the dank and cold wooden house that she lived in with her brother and her Old Mother Lee. She almost wanted to cry; why couldn't she be like the other kids, the lucky ones, the kids that had lovely houses that were warm and had lots of great food and presents to look forward to? All she had was her mother and brother and no doubt the usual concoction of her mother's bland broth to eat on Christmas day without a present in sight. Life was so unfair and she hated it so much. She longed to runaway, but where would she run and what would she do.

She balled her fists to repress the anger that was simmering through her. Just once she wanted to not be poor and have an exciting Christmas.

She should have learnt that sometimes you should be careful what you wish for, especially at Christmas...

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Last edited by Benjamin; 03-12-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:56 AM #2
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

As the snow gently fell outside Saph gazed out the window and sipped her hot chocolate. She loved watching the snow, especially when she was inside wrapped snuggly in her fluffy dressing gown while the log fire danced away next to her. She loved this time of the year; the chill outside, the glowing warmth inside, the Christmas decorations sparkling around the house and the scent of all the amazing and delicious foods that was being cooked.

She let out a sigh as her little brother, Salman, came running in the room screaming and pretending to be a knight, disturbing her tranquility and snapping her back into reality. She glanced around at the dank and cold wooden house that she lived in with her brother and her Old Mother Lee. She almost wanted to cry; why couldn't she be like the other kids, the lucky ones, the kids that had lovely houses that were warm and had lots of great food and presents to look forward to? All she had was her mother and brother and no doubt the usual concoction of her mother's bland broth to eat on Christmas day without a present in sight. Life was so unfair and she hated it so much. She longed to runaway, but where would she run and what would she do.

She balled her fists to repress the anger that was simmering through her. Just once she wanted to not be poor and have an exciting Christmas.

She should have learnt that sometimes you should be careful what you wish for, especially at Christmas...

..because there really is real magic at Christmas and dreams do come true..the thing is that there is excitement that you do want in life and there is excitement that you really don't want and she wasn't specific about the excitement she was wishing for, and it's always a mistake to not make yourself clear on that.....

..(Sorry it's so short but I don't have much time..)...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:26 AM #3
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Old Mother Lee called out to her with "Saphh, uh, uh, uh uh". Saph was used to her mothers coughing fits, but recently they seemed to be getting worse, which worried Saph. Her father had walked out several years ago just after Salman was born and the thought of losing her mother too filled her with such despair.

"Yes, mother" she finally replied as she dragged herself away from the window. "I need you to go to Mrs. Cherie's she has something for us" her mother said without looking up from her little stove where she was cooking some broth. "of course, mother" Saph replied but not really wanting to as it was a little walk to their neighbors house. "Can I come too! Me, me, me, me too!" shouted Salman as he came bouncing into the kitchen. Saph glared at him but she already knew what her mother would say, "Of course sweet pea, Saph look after him". Saph wanted to protest but she knew it would get her nowhere so she made Salman put on his threadbare coat and they left the house into the cold of the night...

Spoiler:

Quote:

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Last edited by Benjamin; 03-12-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:58 AM #4
Lee.

Favourites:
UBB: Brian

Lee.

Favourites:
UBB: Brian

Old 03-12-2013, 08:26 AM #5
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

The children clasped each others hand as they made their way past old Mr dezzys, he was a cantankerous inventor the beeping and buzzing meant his latest contraption was sparking into life... so they hurried on.
Hungry! said salman forlornly, your always hungry saph replied with a grin but her own hunger bit like the wind through her ill fitting jacket into her belly.
Looking at her brothers snotty face she searched in her pocket for a tissue, she didn't have one and salman had already used his sleeve but that didn't matter anymore for she found herself clutching 2 silver coins!....where had they come from?
Then she remembered the shoemaker morrissey had been very pleased saph helped after her stall was tipped over in the market by a group of mean elves headed by redway and toystory, she must have put them there.
Can we go to mac truths!? salman exclaimed, NO saph snapped this is for mother to make things special, we can't waste it on that rubbish.
As they past the amazing cottage Mr marsh built he shouted 'hi kids' his house was wonderous and had featured in the programme 'grand woodland designs' a few years back.
Can I run up to mizzys farm please? pleaded salman, yes but watch out for jack the dog saph giggled as she remembered all 10 of mizzys shepdogs were call jack.
Bubbling with excitement she couldn't wait to tell ma cherie about the silver and how special it would make christmas, she hoped cheries handsome son conzors would be home too and blushed.
Presently she caught up with salman his cheeks bulging with something delicious from mizzys kitchen, he handed her a cookie and saph waved a thankyou from the gate.
The two carried on and came to a fork in the road, do they shortcut through the woods or take the pretty lane? I need a wee! salman whined, saph sighed.......
Old 03-12-2013, 10:00 AM #6
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

and urged Salman through the thick carpet of snow to the public convenience conveniently located at the edge of the forest. Some of the local urchins were hanging about outside talking in a strange tongue, Jemal and Brother Leon shouted words like fam and bro at each other as Saph waited for Salman to emerge, she shrank back as they tried to engage her in conversation, she had no idea how to respond, she grabbed Salman's hand and decided to take the short cut through the woods ...

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:48 PM #7
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Submerging themselves deeper in the woods Saph became aware of just how eerily silent it had become, and all she could hear was their footsteps on the snow. Salman gave a small whimper, "I'm scared". Saph held is hand as they continued their shortcut and tried to be brave "It's fine, there is nothing to be scared of", not quite believing her own words.

The woods were thick with skeletal trees now covered in snow and a small chilled wind nipped at their bare faces. Saph wished she hadn't taken this shortcut now as everything looked the same and she wasn't really sure they were going in the right direction anymore. "Saph, SAPH!" Salman cried out in excitement. She looked to where he was pointing and he let go of her hand and started running. "Wait!" she shouted back but too late he was already far ahead, so she broke into a sprint to catch up to him.

Her eyes were filled with a dazzling display. Amongst the dark of the evening and the trees was a small clearing with a solitary Christmas tree. The tree had been fully decorated and looked like something from her dreams.

She caught up to Salman who was jumping around the tree, and she stood there in awe looking at it. "This is amazing, AMAZING, Best shortcut ever!" Salman said gleefully. She had to admit he was right, this was amazing. Something caught her eye by the base of the tree, it was half covered in snow but looked like, no she was sure it was a ginger bread man. She shuffled across the snow, bent down, brushed the snow off of the top of it and picked it up. She looked at it and smiled, he was a cute little gingerbread man, and looked rather tasty. As she was examining it she brought it close to her face to have a smell when all of a sudden the Gingerbread Man spoke "Don't even think about eating me!" before bringing a small ginger hand down on her nose. Alarmed Saph dropped the ginger bread man and stepped back. "Oh that's right, first you were going to eat me and then you drop me on my head, charming" mumbled the Gingerbread Man, standing back up in the snow and recomposing himself. "I, I, I'm sorry", replied Saph still in awe that he could talk and was alive, "I thought you were a normal gingerbread man". He swung his head to look at her "Young lady I am as normal as they come, just because I am a little more ginger than most". Salman came running around from the tree hearing the commotion and saw the gingerbread man moving "WOWWW! Are you real". The gingerbread man finished dusting off the last of the snow from himself "Yes I am real. My name is Marc and I come from the Land of Novo Scotia, land of the great King Novo" he proclaimed. "Oh I am Saph and this is my brother Salman", Saph replied remembering her manners "may I ask if you are from there, wherever that is, why are you here?". He looked up at them grimly "because my child there has been a terrible tragedy that has led to the brink of a war, not just any war, the worst kind of war, a war of magic and I was sent here to find help, and you two are that help"...

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by Benjamin; 03-12-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:48 PM #8
User banned

User banned

This is a good story
Me. I Am Salman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:26 PM #9
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Oh Gawd thought Salman, I ain't no good with conflict and as for trying to help well that's just not me, but Saph read his thoughts and squeezed his hand in reasurrance, we will help you Marc she breathed...tell us how

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 03-12-2013, 09:42 PM #10
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

"I will tell you", replied Marc "but we must go now, time is of the essence and we must make haste". He started walking, stopped and turned around to see that Saph and Salman hadn't moved. "Well?" he asked. Saph looked at Salman who was now shivering from the cold. "We have to finish our errand and get home to our Old Mother Lee, and Salman is freezing". Marc looked at them, muttered a few words and then clapped his gingerbread hands together, "Better?". Saph looked at Salman and he was wearing a fine thick red robe that went to his knees and then she saw that she was now in a big, warm, elegant chocolate brown winter robe. "What, I, how, I.." she stammered. "Magic" replied Marc with a cheeky ginger bread wink. "Wowwww!" exclaimed Salman as he twirled and fell in the snow giggling at his fine new attire. "But we still have to get back to Old Mother Lee as she'll be worried where we are" pleaded Saph. "Not to worry yourselves, where we are going time here will stand still, and besides we'll need her to join us at some point in this journey" he replied and started walking away from the Christmas tree and into the darkness of the woods. Saph looked down and picked Salman up from the snow. "Let's go!!!" he demanded with excitement and started to run after Marc. Saph let out a sigh and looked back into the darkness where they had come from. She didn't want to leave Old Mother Lee but she also didn't want to walk back in the dark alone, and she couldn't leave her younger brother. "Wait" she yelled before running after them wondering if this was some weird dream...

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by Benjamin; 03-12-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:57 PM #11
Mr Rocket League

Mr Rocket League

......and perhaps it was a dream.

Saph certainly began to think so. What was rather peculiar was, that try as she might, she struggled to resist the temptation of the gingerbread that bounded joyfully before her. Yes he talked she thought to herself and yes he seemed to be the only one who knew what fantasy had befallen them at this time but still she could not strike off this urge. Gingerbread was her favourite and for a second she wondered if this was a cunning concoction mother Lee thought up to test Saph. Luckily the thought was sweeped clear from her mind when a shape began to prostrate itself and lumber clumsily toward them. It was tall and staggered, but a fine winter fog blocked a clear view. It seemed to get thinner as it rose and on the top what seemed to be the outline of a star stood like a beacon. Eventually the mist parted and it heaved into view before anchoring itself firmly into the ground.

"Stop, little ones" the object bellowed. "I am Verbal the angry Christmas tree. And I have come to test thee....."

Last edited by Kyle; 03-12-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Kyle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:58 PM #12
ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

can we get this published please

Spoiler:

Saph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:20 PM #13
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santasotherwoman View Post
can we get this published please
[2].

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:23 PM #14
Mr Rocket League

Mr Rocket League

Ben is there any chance you can post a character list on your O.P so we know who is already in use?

Last edited by Kyle; 03-12-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:37 PM #15
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

"Here we go, the first of your tests" said Marc as he stepped up to Verbal The Angry Christmas Tree. "You'll need to get the three answers to the questions he asks" he lent forward to Saph and whispered "Be warned he tends to talk a lot of nonsense and can get quite angry very easily". Saph groaned and then looked at Verbal. He looked gloomy and moody at the same time and she supposed she would too if she had to be outside in the cold all the time.

"FIRST QUESTION" boomed Verbal, shaking off some loose snow from his pine needles as he did so. "What is the end of Christmas?".

Saph groaned again. She hated riddles so much. "Erm, it's, erm...". She stopped and looked at Marc but just shrugged. She new riddles were always simple answers and not as complex as they sounded. "The letter S" she finally replied.

"CORRECT YOU INSIPID LITTLE CREATURE" boomed Verbal. Saph bit her tongue as she was sure she had just been insulted, even if she didn't know what insipid meant.

"SECOND QUESTION" boomed Verbal again. "Why are Christmas trees such bad knitters?".

Saph smiled. She knew this one. She had heard it at school. "They are always dropping their needles" she said triumphantly.

"UH CORRECT AGAIN YOU DESPICABLE LITTLE SPECIMEN" hollered Verbal. Saph wanted to say something back to him but continued to bite her tongue.

"THIRD AND FINAL QUESTION" he boomed once more. "What is the best Christmas present in the world?".

Saph looked in horror. She had no idea. She also had no idea what he would do if she was wrong but she sensed it wouldn't be pleasant. But she still had no idea.

"Erm, I don't know" she finally responded.

"WHAT'S THAT YOU DISGUSTING LITTLE VERMIN, YOU DON'T KNOW? HA HA HA HA HA" he seemed to be taking great satisfaction in being rude and taunting her.

She was just about to retort when all of a sudden Salman shouted "A broken drum, you cant beat it!". Verbal stopped his laughing. "YOU! YOU? YOU ROTTEN LITTLE GRUB TROLL HOW DARE YOU ASSUME THAT IS THE CORRECT ANSWER! WRONG! I CANNOT LET YOU PASS..."

Suddenly Verbal was cut off by a tiny, timid voice "Oh Verbal do hush down and stop throwing shade at these kids". Saph watched as a little fairy sprung from the top of Verbal and fluttered down to greet Saph. "That answer was correct and you may pass, ignore Verbal, he's just grumpy, he is always like this" said the little fairy who was dressed in a tiny yet beautiful ruby red dress and diamond tiara. "I am FaiReece(:, pleased to meet you". Saph smiled and replied "I am Saph and this is my little brother Salaman". "Oh I know who you two are", FaiReece(: said as she flew over to Marc, "We've been expecting you". Saph looked to Marc and wanted to ask what this meant but was interrupted by Salman whining "I'm hungry".

"TYPICAL LITTLE TROG" boomed Verbal which sent a glare from FaiReece(:. "Enough Verbal, that is quite enough. You poor children you both must be so cold and hungry, let's get moving and we can soon fix this up before your next test". She flew over to Verbal, "Now keep guard Verbal, if anyone tries to follow us down the path you know what to do".

Verbal muttered something angrily under his breath as Marc started past him and again into the path of darkness. "Come children" beckoned FaiReece(: as she daintily flew after Marc. Saph took hold of Salmans hand and followed walking past Verbal with caution and attempting to not catch his gaze. And then they too were again in the path of darkness...

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by Benjamin; 03-12-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:47 PM #16
Mr Rocket League

Mr Rocket League

The company marched on through the woods and the sound of Verbal's dissent began to grow quieter until it was completely out of earshot.
"I really must apologise for that, young lady" said faireece(:. "We had to be sure it was you"
"Sure it was me?" She asked inquisitively. "You only had to ask. Instead you treat me to a verbal tirade from a Christmas tree that is quite clearly on its time of the month and all of that was just to find out who I am?"
Saph paused suddenly.
"Why do you want me?" She said.
Faireece(: motioned to speak but Marc quickly cut her off.
"We can't say" the gingerbread man said. "All I will tell you is that all is not well and Christmas is in grave danger of not happening!"
"Oh no!" Cried Salman. "Who is going to give me my potty bum ken doll with real working toilet flush for Christmas?"
"I don't know laddy" said Marc. But if you don't help us we are in for one crappy Christmas!"

Last edited by Kyle; 03-12-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:00 PM #17
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

* Side note
This story does not contain a witch, hag, or any other evil essence called kizzy.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:02 PM #18
Adios

Adios

*yet

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:03 PM #19
Mr Rocket League

Mr Rocket League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Angel View Post
* Side note
This story does not contain a witch, hag, or any other evil essence called kizzy.
How strange I was just about to introduce Josy the witch of Smut as the next test for the party.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:16 PM #20
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Angel View Post
* Side note
Spoil sport, it's tradition.

Spoiler:

Quote:

Old 03-12-2013, 11:27 PM #21
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

After walking for about twenty minutes they finally arrived at a little clearing which was illuminated by a quaint little snow topped cottage. It looked so warm and inviting, something that Saph had always dreamed of. "Oh my!" she exclaimed".

"This is the home of The Friendly GypsyGoth. Here we can rest, get warm and fed and she will also be your second test" said Marc as he led the way over a little babbling stream and to the little wooden front door.

Saph, still holding Salman's hand followed as FaiReece(: flew behind them. As they got to the front door Marc raped it gently and stepped back. A cooing voice could be heard behind it followed by footsteps on a wooden floor that got louder as they got closer. Suddenly the door swung open and they were greeted by a jolly lady with an apron, greying hair and a huge, friendly smile on reddened face. "Hello my darlings" she said "Do come in you look frozen to the bone". As they entered she noticed Salman and sap "an what do we have here? Some fine children, oh you both look so adorable in those robes, I'm guessing that was the work of Marc?". Saph blushed but it was Salman who replied "Yes, they are amazing and warm. Is this your house? It smells amazing, what are you cooking?". saph wanted to tell Salman off for being rude but the GypsyGoth replied "Oh this is something special I am cooking, for you lot, come and see" and with that Salman took her hand and off to the kitchen they went...

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by Benjamin; 03-12-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:58 PM #22
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

marc molesting doors? this story just took a sinister turn....
Old 04-12-2013, 10:20 AM #23
Mr Rocket League

Mr Rocket League

"You see children" she began to remark as they eventually made their way into the kitchen. "I am just a poor old woman all alone in an enchanted forest with nothing but a shelf full of Cook books and fantasy porn novels."
She fixed Salman with a stare.
"I have learnt to make the very finest foods. The finest in all the land most certainly. There is no finer cook than myself and I am a master chocolatier! It was I that taught the Belgians before those wretched swines stole my recipe!"
The sound of an alarm suddenly went off and broke Old GypsyGoth from her deliberations.
"Ah time for my special ingredients! You stay right there and little old GypsyGoth will go and get them. This will be the finest chocolate you ever tasted!"

So off she went out of the back door and Saph immediately pulled Salman aside and whispered in his ear.
"I do not trust this lady, Salmmy."
"But she's just an old lady Saph! And she has chocolate! I love chocolate. A kind man in a white van once offered me chocolate and all he wanted me to do was just come inside and have a look at his prawn collection but then a police man came by and he just upped and drove away! Well not this time Saph I want chocolate!"
Saph scorned.
"I'm pretty sure it wasn't prawns but we will discuss that later. Right now you have to trust me on this. We have to make her eat the chocolate herself. I think it's poisonous!"
"How we going to do that?" Salman said. "If it's poisonous she won't eat it!"
"I have an idea. I think this woman's greatest flaw is her pride. We must appeal to her pride. I will pretend I have eaten some of her chocolate while you distract her with tales of how the Belgians stole her prize recipe"
"Then what?" Salman said eagerly.
"I will tell her that her chocolate isn't very good. I will tell her the chocolate on your coat is better!"
With a flash Saph tore a chunk off of Salmans coat and threw it in the corner of the room out of the way.
"Noooooooooo" Salman cried. "My coat Saph"
"Salman you have to trust me. I will then get her to try some and then, if she is dull witted as she seems, we get her to compare it with her own and then we shall know if her chocolate is poisonous."

With a crash the old lady came back in with what looked like a few little petals in her old wrangled fingers. She put them into a pot that was stewing on the stove and stirred it fiercely. It disturbed the air in the room and all of a sudden the aroma of warm sweet chocolate filled their nostrils. Salman began to look Weary.
Stay with it Salmmy, Saph thought in her head. This will indeed be a test I think....

Last edited by Kyle; 04-12-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:02 AM #24
Mr Rocket League

Mr Rocket League

Old 04-12-2013, 11:07 AM #25
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Nice bit of pine there in all senses of the word

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2013, christmas, story, tibb