Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB13 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB13) shown January 2014 was won by Jim Davidson.

Discuss here.

Old 18-01-2014, 08:57 AM #1

Favourites:
CBB 13: Jim Davidson

Favourites:
Default Jim is King!

I think Jim is King of the House. Luisa is probably Queen.
Rachael1904 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 09:00 AM #2
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Luisa is queen
Old 18-01-2014, 10:28 AM #3

Favourites:

Favourites:

WHY I THINK JIM IS KING!

http://lionelisout.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 18-01-2014, 10:44 AM #4

Favourites (more):
BB17: Jason
CBB14: Gary

Favourites (more):
BB17: Jason
CBB14: Gary

Jim sits on the Iron Throne and watches the peasants fight amongst themselves .
Old 18-01-2014, 11:24 AM #5
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Yes most votes, yet again! That shut them all up
Old 18-01-2014, 11:25 AM #6
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael1904 View Post
WHY I THINK JIM IS KING!

http://lionelisout.blogspot.co.uk/
Read you blog for the first time Rachael.

After this I will be reading it again, think you have hit the nail on the head.

He reminds us of our cantankerous, slightly racist and sexist granddads, dads and uncles (who we also love, despite their anachronistic outlooks on life) who lived in that fascinating era, the 1970s, when Jim’s type of comedy appealed to the working populations before alternative humour sneered it away. When kids could ride on chopper bikes without helmets, could get a clip round the ear without it being termed abuse, middle-class aspirants could drink Liebfraumilch without shame, get a “chinky” and working-class folks could go to the pub and eat chicken in a basket with a Babycham and smoke wherever they bloody well liked.

An unenlightened era maybe and I’m not condoning it, but people like Jim remind us of a time when people could say what they wanted and take the piss out of people without reproach. Because that is how ordinary working-class people in this country behaved, especially in the part of the world he comes from. I just think that nowadays people either have to PC and bland, or forcibly extrovert to get on and Jim is the antithesis of both but is trying his best to adapt. He’s not exactly a breath of fresh air- he exudes a more of a wine-soaked, fag-stenched, Brut smelling aftershave type of aroma that wafts through the airwaves into our homes and I think that is why the public have taken him to their nostalgic hearts.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 11:29 AM #7

I lived in Jim's world back then and what you say is spot on.
Patricia4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 12:16 PM #8
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post

He reminds us of our cantankerous, slightly racist and sexist granddads, dads and uncles (who we also love, despite their anachronistic outlooks on life) who lived in that fascinating era, the 1970s, when Jim’s type of comedy appealed to the working populations before alternative humour sneered it away. When kids could ride on chopper bikes without helmets, could get a clip round the ear without it being termed abuse, middle-class aspirants could drink Liebfraumilch without shame, get a “chinky” and working-class folks could go to the pub and eat chicken in a basket with a Babycham and smoke wherever they bloody well liked.

An unenlightened era maybe and I’m not condoning it, but people like Jim remind us of a time when people could say what they wanted and take the piss out of people without reproach. Because that is how ordinary working-class people in this country behaved, especially in the part of the world he comes from. I just think that nowadays people either have to PC and bland, or forcibly extrovert to get on and Jim is the antithesis of both but is trying his best to adapt. He’s not exactly a breath of fresh air- he exudes a more of a wine-soaked, fag-stenched, Brut smelling aftershave type of aroma that wafts through the airwaves into our homes and I think that is why the public have taken him to their nostalgic hearts.
Hey I remember those times, where they not the time when we all respected our police force, when men went out to work and were embarrassed to go to the dole office, when foreigners didn't tell us how to live our lives and didn't get away with benefit fraud, when we could let the kids go on long bike rides, when all the kids at school were fit and happy, when we could all go to a pub with the wife or GF and not be afraid of being mugged, when men went outside round the back to settle their differences, when kids were seen and not heard and phones were on the street corner, when we used to have to do chores and work Saturdays for our pocket money.

Ah those were the days when respect was uppermost in peoples minds and we didn't tolerate bastards that stole from charities or slags that supported them. We now live in a world of internet trolls, fraud, violence and kids of 14 think they can change the world using a laptop or mobile phone and the PC brigade stand on every corner screaming foul because the world owes them and laziness is an art perfected by the masses as a way of life.

I know which era I would prefer to live in if I had the choice.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 12:22 PM #9

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
Hey I remember those times, where they not the time when we all respected our police force, when men went out to work and were embarrassed to go to the dole office, when foreigners didn't tell us how to live our lives and didn't get away with benefit fraud, when we could let the kids go on long bike rides, when all the kids at school were fit and happy, when we could all go to a pub with the wife or GF and not be afraid of being mugged, when men went outside round the back to settle their differences, when kids were seen and not heard and phones were on the street corner, when we used to have to do chores and work Saturdays for our pocket money.

Ah those were the days when respect was uppermost in peoples minds and we didn't tolerate bastards that stole from charities or slags that supported them. We now live in a world of internet trolls, fraud, violence and kids of 14 think they can change the world using a laptop or mobile phone and the PC brigade stand on every corner screaming foul because the world owes them and laziness is an art perfected by the masses as a way of life.

I know which era I would prefer to live in if I had the choice.
Well said!
Old 18-01-2014, 01:39 PM #10
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well said!
Thanks Rachael, pity there are not more about that actually value life over modern conveniences and conflict. Our modern day society seems to be all about money and family and respect are not important anymore.

Everyone knows I am easier to wind up than a Mickey mouse watch because I cant stand ignorance, petulance and profanity.
Old 18-01-2014, 01:51 PM #11
Sod orf

Sod orf

Those were the days my friend we thought they'ed never end We'd sing and dance forever and a day, We'd live the life we choose we'd fight and never lose, those were the days oh yes those were the days.

Last edited by Alf; 18-01-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Alf is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 01:52 PM #12

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
Thanks Rachael, pity there are not more about that actually value life over modern conveniences and conflict. Our modern day society seems to be all about money and family and respect are not important anymore.

Everyone knows I am easier to wind up than a Mickey mouse watch because I cant stand ignorance, petulance and profanity.
But try telling people about it....
Old 18-01-2014, 01:53 PM #13

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannashag View Post
Those were the days my friend we thought they'ed never end We'd sing and dance forever and a day, We'd live the life we choose we'd fight and never lose those were the days oh yes those were the days.

Mary Hopkins?
Old 18-01-2014, 04:28 PM #14
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post

nothing nsotalgic about it. jim is the only genuine person in there. he is also less sexist than most of the women. thank goodness there is 1 man left on tv who is allowed to give his genuine opinion. wont last long though. women can mock and sneer at men and get away with it and everyone is supposed to laugh it off, men say anything like nady gray and lose their careers and homes. this country is sexist, against men.
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 04:45 PM #15

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
nothing nsotalgic about it. jim is the only genuine person in there. he is also less sexist than most of the women. thank goodness there is 1 man left on tv who is allowed to give his genuine opinion. wont last long though. women can mock and sneer at men and get away with it and everyone is supposed to laugh it off, men say anything like nady gray and lose their careers and homes. this country is sexist, against men.
He has not been particularly disrespectful or two faced. Katie Hopkins has said far worse on BBbots about Linda!
Old 18-01-2014, 04:49 PM #16
User banned

User banned

Quote:
He has not been particularly disrespectful or two faced. Katie Hopkins has said far worse on BBbots about Linda!
thats because women can get away with saying almost anything in thi scountry, whilst men lose their jobs for saying far far less
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 04:51 PM #17
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
thats because women can get away with saying almost anything in thi scountry, whilst men lose their jobs for saying far far less
Shhhhh, some people might think you are a dinosaur and need locking up in a home with incontinent pants and a big fluffy blanket.
Old 18-01-2014, 05:16 PM #18
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

I'm liking Jim more everyday. He has the patience of a saint in there. I would have snapped already at Linda and her Coven.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
jim, king