Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB13 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB13) shown January 2014 was won by Jim Davidson.

Discuss here.

Old 19-01-2014, 10:02 AM #1

Default Role models and daughters

When will any of Luisa's detractors ever stop playing the "role model for her daughter" card?

As far as I am aware, her daughter is not in the house so why is she part of this debate? Luisa has never put up herself as a "role model", she is completely honest about who she is. So why should anyone assume she is pretending to be one?

One thing is clear with shows like this - the moral Police are ever present, judging Housemates according to some moral code which they have invented rather than on what they give to the show.
jegmeister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 10:06 AM #2

Disagree, her daughter in 7 years time will see on Youtube etc scenes of her mum acting like a skanky, Dappy honestly labelling her a ho and her fowl language. The kid is being set up to be bullied and as she gets older lads will demand to see her tits just becuase her mum does.

So its nothing to do with party pooper morality police and everything to do with keeping standards in society. Feminists can whinge about their cliche arguements eg slut shaming, double standards blah blah. The reality is even Luisa knew she was acting like a slut when Dappy branded her one for defending sleeping with 5 guys in a night hence she broke down and cried and her strong take no crap don't care independent woman schtick was destroyed as a bag of bull****e.

Fact is women are perceived as different and it doesn't matter how much the " Jezebel " brigade try to normalise women flashing their tits, girl on girl kissing in front of a male audience, giving blow jobs in broad daylight ala Luisa is liberating, it's not it's not it's ueber slutty skanky and no girl deserves to have a mum who is a skank, no amount of cup cake baking business will eradicate this. GLAD Dappy told her the home truth even though it was harsh.

Last edited by alex_front2; 19-01-2014 at 10:16 AM.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 10:08 AM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_front2 View Post
Disagree, her daughter in 7 years time will see on Youtube etc scenes of her mum acting like a skanky, Dappy honestly labelling her a ho and her fowl language. The kid is being set up to be bullied and as she gets older lads will demand to see her tits just becuase her mum does.
Well, if that happens, Luisa as her mother can deal with it. Who are you as the moral Police to judge her now? It is her child, her sexuality, her life - not yours.
jegmeister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 10:10 AM #4

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegmeister View Post
When will any of Luisa's detractors ever stop playing the "role model for her daughter" card?

As far as I am aware, her daughter is not in the house so why is she part of this debate? Luisa has never put up herself as a "role model", she is completely honest about who she is. So why should anyone assume she is pretending to be one?

One thing is clear with shows like this - the moral Police are ever present, judging Housemates according to some moral code which they have invented rather than on what they give to the show.
Those that drag mothers and children into the debate almost never do the same for fathers. Funny that.
MrWong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 10:12 AM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWong View Post
Those that drag mothers and children into the debate almost never do the same for fathers. Funny that.
That's true actually...none has mentioned Dappys kids in relation to his actions
Old 19-01-2014, 10:14 AM #6

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Why is it just Luisa that gets stick? Lee/Dappy?
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 10:15 AM #7

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
That's true actually...none has mentioned Dappys kids in relation to his actions
Or Lee's.
MrWong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 10:45 AM #8
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry

Sad thing is some celbs today don't give a **** about their kids, they are all about money and fame. Kids are just an accessory or a hindrance to their future and trial by TV is never helpful but you only need to look around and see the carnage celbs kids live with these days. Furthermore anyone advocating that parents should ignore what their kids might suffer from in later life don't deserve to be parents themselves. Children are impressionable and have feelings.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 10:57 AM #9
Lee.

Favourites:
UBB: Brian

Lee.

Favourites:

Quote:

So its nothing to do with party pooper morality police and everything to do with keeping standards in society. Feminists can whinge about their cliche arguements eg slut shaming, double standards blah blah. The reality is even Luisa knew she was acting like a slut when Dappy branded her one for defending sleeping with 5 guys in a night hence she broke down and cried and her strong take no crap don't care independent woman schtick was destroyed as a bag of bull****e.

Fact is women are perceived as different and it doesn't matter how much the " Jezebel " brigade try to normalise women flashing their tits, girl on girl kissing in front of a male audience, giving blow jobs in broad daylight ala Luisa is liberating, it's not it's not it's ueber slutty skanky and no girl deserves to have a mum who is a skank, no amount of cup cake baking business will eradicate this. GLAD Dappy told her the home truth even though it was harsh.
Could not agree more.
Old 19-01-2014, 11:05 AM #10
Banned

Banned

I'd judge her for being an annoying bint but not for her attitude towards sex, she is no better or worse than the men in there yet they don't get called bad parents for it. It's just a big example of inherent sexism in our society, men are allowed to be sexually liberated yet women will judged and torn down if they act in the same way.

The saddest thing is that it's often women who will judge other women the hardest for it.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 11:07 AM #11
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I'd judge her for being an annoying bint but not for her attitude towards sex, she is no better or worse than the men in there yet they don't get called bad parents for it. It's just a big example of inherent sexism in our society, men are allowed to be sexually liberated yet women will judged and torn down if they act in the same way.

The saddest thing is that it's often women who will judge other women the hardest for it.

are you saying men don't judge other men?

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 11:11 AM #12
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:

..I completely agree and sadly it is often other females who will use very derogatory and also untrue terms to describe someone who is more open about sex and really sex so long as it's consensual/legal etc is the most personal thing and not for anyone else to judge what is 'acceptable' and what isn't...tbh, I'm not interested in anyone else's sex life, let alone housemates so mostly just switch off from such conversations to a large extent...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 11:13 AM #13
Lee.

Favourites:

Lee.

Favourites:

Quote:

I think lee has had his fair share of hate to be honest.. However I honestly don't see any of the housemates acting as disgracefully as Luisa.
Old 19-01-2014, 11:14 AM #14
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
[/B]

Not as harshly as some women do. If a man sleeps around he'll be seen as 'one of the lads' or a 'legend'. If a woman did the same thing I bet you'd find a surprisingly large amount of women who would think she was a slut. Obviously I'm not saying all women are like that but that kind of attitude is sadly quite common.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 11:16 AM #15
xo

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Dani
Survivor 34: Andrea

xo

Favourites (more):

Dappys such a good role model for his kids, oh wait he openly admitted his 2 year old toddler swears, and he rubs pepper on their tounges as punishment..
Munchkins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 11:16 AM #16
Lee.

Favourites:

Lee.

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkins View Post
Dappys such a good role model for his kids, oh wait he openly admitted his 2 year old toddler swears, and he rubs pepper on their tounges as punishment..
What?? Did he say that?
Old 19-01-2014, 11:20 AM #17
xo

Favourites (more):

xo

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee. View Post
What?? Did he say that?
Yup there was outrage over it a few years back
""If my son [then two] is rude or says a swear word," said Dappy, "then I put black pepper in his mouth.""
Old 19-01-2014, 11:23 AM #18
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Dappy & Luisa's behaviour in the house has been disgusting for people with young children, the stick those poor kids will get in a few years time...
Old 19-01-2014, 11:28 AM #19
Z

Z

Well personally I've criticised Dappy, Lee and Luisa for being terrible role models to their young children... because they all are...
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 11:30 AM #20

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Well sais alex

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2014, 11:31 AM #21
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
[/B]

Quote:
Not as harshly as some women do. If a man sleeps around he'll be seen as 'one of the lads' or a 'legend'. If a woman did the same thing I bet you'd find a surprisingly large amount of women who would think she was a slut. Obviously I'm not saying all women are like that but that kind of attitude is sadly quite common.
..it's not only that either because I know guys...that don't do the 'one night stand or having many sexual partners on a casual basis' thing because they want a relationship with someone and to feel something for them..?..and they will often get comments from other guys like..'oh, why don't you, it's there for you, you might as well..' type thing...I can't imagine another female saying that to a female friend, can you..?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Dappy & Luisa's behaviour in the house has been disgusting for people with young children, the stick those poor kids will get in a few years time...
...I have children and I'm not at all disgusted because I have no concern for other's sex lives, so that's a generalisation as well...I also know some non parents who don't approve of Luisa's behaviour so it's specific to the person and not a 'type' of person, i.e. a parent...
Old 19-01-2014, 11:31 AM #22

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Well personally I've criticised Dappy, Lee and Luisa for being terrible role models to their young children... because they all are...
Spot on Zee.

Old 19-01-2014, 11:32 AM #23
xo

Favourites (more):

xo

Favourites (more):

Oh and Dappy has no right to tell her the home truth when he did, when the only way he managed to get a number 1 was by showing his nudes.
Old 19-01-2014, 11:32 AM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegmeister View Post
Well, if that happens, Luisa as her mother can deal with it. Who are you as the moral Police to judge her now? It is her child, her sexuality, her life - not yours.
You judge other housemates ,so why cant we judge Luisa?

Old 19-01-2014, 11:35 AM #25
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
You judge other housemates ,so why cant we judge Luisa?
..I think what the poster means is that you can judge Luisa, we all judge housemates, that's what we do on forums etc and when we watch but we can't judge any possible effects of her behaviour on her child because that's a complete unknown and just speculation...

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
daughters, models, role