Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB13 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB13) shown January 2014 was won by Jim Davidson.

Discuss here.

Old 27-01-2014, 01:52 AM #51

School exam results are a pretty good indicator of IQ, unless there is a limiting factor unaccounted for such as dyslexia, and at the point of A=Levels, where study is usually focused on topics people enjoy/are interested in, I would expect "Einstein" to get better grades than a C, D and E.
optimisticcynic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 01:53 AM #52

Favourites:
CBB15: Perez Hilton

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimisticcynic View Post
Wow, you administered tests. That must make you very clever. IQ does involve language, understanding and all the components you claim are irrelevant and I too have undertaken IQ testing. Your comment about my understanding is child-like. What is the basis for your assumption that Luisa is a genius? Other than the fact that she says she is.
I don't believe that you administered IQ tests. Goodnight.

Last edited by Seraphim; 27-01-2014 at 01:53 AM.
Seraphim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 01:56 AM #53

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Yeah okay, tell me how many of the world's greatest entrepreneurs got to the top by being pleasant and pandering to others. We're not even talking about a potential Bill Gates or Steve Jobs here, we're talking about a woman who runs a cupcake business and has used reality TV to further her career horizons. Being on the Apprentice gave her some initial exposure and CBB has helped promote her and her brand even further; how many small business owners have managed to do the same? The character of the company owner matters, yes, but not nearly as much as the actual business they are running or the products they are selling. People wear Coco Chanel and Hugo Boss products despite their extensive involvement with the Nazis because they like what the companies are selling; Luisa Zissman being a bit loud and argumentative on a Channel 5 TV program for a month is not going to matter in the slightest if people like what she's selling.
All your posts make great points. Thanks for the read.
Old 27-01-2014, 01:58 AM #54
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Can y'all get some avatars plz it's confusing
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 02:04 AM #55

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
The apprentice is a reality tv/entertainment show more than anything else though^^^

And Luisa's cupcake shop seem's to be doing good yeah but if she was as intelligent as she keeps telling everyone she is then she would realise she's not maximising income potential with her other businesses because she is basically confining her products from two or three separate companies to the one town/area, to get a better customer base and increase sales she will need to broaden her area.
She has already done that. She was on The Apprentice to get funding for a UK-wide business. She has already secured the funding from another source and her new business is now operating. I imagine it'll take her a while to build it and make it profitable, but she's on the way.

Last edited by Seraphim; 27-01-2014 at 02:09 AM.
Old 27-01-2014, 02:09 AM #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Yeah okay, tell me how many of the world's greatest entrepreneurs got to the top by being pleasant and pandering to others. We're not even talking about a potential Bill Gates or Steve Jobs here, we're talking about a woman who runs a cupcake business and has used reality TV to further her career horizons. Being on the Apprentice gave her some initial exposure and CBB has helped promote her and her brand even further; how many small business owners have managed to do the same? The character of the company owner matters, yes, but not nearly as much as the actual business they are running or the products they are selling. People wear Coco Chanel and Hugo Boss products despite their extensive involvement with the Nazis because they like what the companies are selling; Luisa Zissman being a bit loud and argumentative on a Channel 5 TV program for a month is not going to matter in the slightest if people like what she's selling.
Fair point in most instances, Zee, but I'd guess that a reputation as a sex addict in the food industry is as appealing to customers as hearing your local icecream man is a chronic masturbator.
Old 27-01-2014, 02:09 AM #57

Favourites:

Favourites:

Luisa's only 25 and she's a single mum trying to bring up her little girl and give her the best life she can. Give her a break folks.
Old 27-01-2014, 02:16 AM #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
Luisa's only 25 and she's a single mum trying to bring up her little girl and give her the best life she can. Give her a break folks.
No need to bring her daughter into it, because that could easily be replied to with the whole argument about whether this image she portrays is one where her daughter has been considered. I understand she is making a living as are we all, but she has put herself out there, and not been particularly nice in the process, and thus some people have equally strong opinions about her. She prides herself on speaking her mind. Why shouldn't we?
Old 27-01-2014, 02:25 AM #59

Quote:
So you think that Alan Sugar's top guys looked into Luisa's businesses and gave them the seal of approval based on them being "worth Ł192"? I don't think so. What makes you think you know better than them?

You shouldn't pronounce on matters you don't have a lot of insight into, as it just makes you look a bit silly. The same as that person who thought Luisa had scored 60 in an IQ test.
"The Baker Shop in St Albans, and the website dixiescupcakery.co.uk, are both trading names of Boutique Trading Ltd, which lists Ms Zissman as both director and company secretary under her real name of Louisa Christina Zissman. A company records search shows no other businesses owned or run by the Apprentice finalist."

So, her two actual businesses are in some trouble as the current liabilities significantly exceed current assets + cash. It looks like one of those zombie companies sustained by cheap bank loans secured on the fixed Assets (property essentially).

take a read
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...s-8714526.html

shes out there to make as much money on the z list circuit as she can

she has gone in there acted in this manner to try and make as much as an impact as she could in the hope that it will keep her 'celebrity' status going as long as she can maybe even get a job on loose woman

Last edited by Arrow; 27-01-2014 at 02:37 AM.
Arrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 03:07 AM #60

Favourites (more):
BB16: Marc
BB15: Chris

Favourites (more):
BB16: Marc
BB15: Chris

The truth speaks the truth.
Videostar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 04:36 AM #61
Holla, Fruit Loop Dingus!

Holla, Fruit Loop Dingus!

Quote:
I think she is great. She has entertained me, and she stands up for what she believes.. She doesn't always get it right, and is prepared to admit she's wrong when it's appropriate. She shows her intelligence in being able to understand different aspects of every argument, and in the creative way she has fun. She isn't spineless - she stood up to Dappy and told him when he made that sexist comment, and since then they've become friends. She is a bit full-on, but when she has teased people it was in a spirit of fun. She was influenced by Linda, as they all were, and she has admitted that. She isn't vindictive, in my opinion, and I'm not sure that she's more of a bully than anyone else - she hasn't really done much to deserve being called that: she nominated Jim and gave sound reasons, made up that jokey song about Ollie, and apologised while also explaining why she had done that, and how it had appeared to her (and many viewers agreed with her.) She squealed "It's the grim reaper" to Jim as a joke, etc. For her campaign speech, rather than slate someone, she nominated Lee for being a womaniser, albeit in a light-hearted way, and advised other women to stay away.

If I was her mother, I'd be very proud of her. I like others in the house too. There's simply no need to slate a young woman you don't know like this just because she's not your favourite to win.

P.S. Her cake shop is doing fine, and she doesn't need any investment. She went onto The Apprentice hoping to win funding for a 3rd business. Lord Alan Sugar had his top business advisers dig into Luisa's business affairs, check out her claims and look over her business plan for the new business (her 3rd) which she wanted to set up, and they didn't find anything wrong with it. It was a very close thing for winning the apprentice, but in the end, the other girl had bigger plans which would make a lot of money, and Lord Sugar always follows the money. Luisa has already got the funding for her new business from elsewhere, and it's already in operation. Her cake shop is still going strong too - one of the most recent reviews said that it was so popular that they'd had to queue to get served. That's not bad for a single mum in her mid 20s. Most others would be claiming benefit. I wonder what all the critics here had achieved by their mid-20s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Can y'all get some avatars plz it's confusing

the hate is strong. **** i dont even like Jim but even i would put him up there as one of the best HM. no blinders.
Old 27-01-2014, 04:48 AM #62

Quote:
Luisa scored 60-odd in the IQ test, with the national average being 60. She is not some genius, despite her self-proclamation. She is BARELY above average.
And Dappy got 6 per cent.

At least she has a brain in her head.
ConnieLingus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 05:08 AM #63
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
I think she is great. She has entertained me, and she stands up for what she believes.. She doesn't always get it right, and is prepared to admit she's wrong when it's appropriate. She shows her intelligence in being able to understand different aspects of every argument, and in the creative way she has fun. She isn't spineless - she stood up to Dappy and told him when he made that sexist comment, and since then they've become friends. She is a bit full-on, but when she has teased people it was in a spirit of fun. She was influenced by Linda, as they all were, and she has admitted that. She isn't vindictive, in my opinion, and I'm not sure that she's more of a bully than anyone else - she hasn't really done much to deserve being called that: she nominated Jim and gave sound reasons, made up that jokey song about Ollie, and apologised while also explaining why she had done that, and how it had appeared to her (and many viewers agreed with her.) She squealed "It's the grim reaper" to Jim as a joke, etc. For her campaign speech, rather than slate someone, she nominated Lee for being a womaniser, albeit in a light-hearted way, and advised other women to stay away.

If I was her mother, I'd be very proud of her. I like others in the house too. There's simply no need to slate a young woman you don't know like this just because she's not your favourite to win.

P.S. Her cake shop is doing fine, and she doesn't need any investment. She went onto The Apprentice hoping to win funding for a 3rd business. Lord Alan Sugar had his top business advisers dig into Luisa's business affairs, check out her claims and look over her business plan for the new business (her 3rd) which she wanted to set up, and they didn't find anything wrong with it. It was a very close thing for winning the apprentice, but in the end, the other girl had bigger plans which would make a lot of money, and Lord Sugar always follows the money. Luisa has already got the funding for her new business from elsewhere, and it's already in operation. Her cake shop is still going strong too - one of the most recent reviews said that it was so popular that they'd had to queue to get served. That's not bad for a single mum in her mid 20s. Most others would be claiming benefit. I wonder what all the critics here had achieved by their mid-20s.
..great post, I agree with you..although Luisa often 'speaks from the heart' in that she kind of plunges right in there without thinking and can be quite vocal, I don't see any spite or vindictiveness about her at all..what I particularly like about her is that when she has had conversations with people after arguments, she does seem to have a very reasoned view in hindsight...the thing her mum said about Jim being like her dad was interesting, wasn't it..?..

..I do think that she's probably learned much from this experience of being around people who are completely different and seeing things from their point of view as well...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 07:50 AM #64

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Luisa scored 60-odd in the IQ test, with the national average being 60. She is not some genius, despite her self-proclamation. She is BARELY above average.
That wasn't an IQ test though.
Old 27-01-2014, 08:15 AM #65

The 'IQ test' was seriously flawed.

It didn't prove anything, except that Luisa knows where places on a map and a few other things.

That's just basic general knowledge. And she got a lot of the questions wrong.

I wasn't impressed AT ALL.
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 08:16 AM #66

And the fact she thought she had just taken an IQ test proves she's a bit thick because that wasn't one.
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 08:17 AM #67

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt View Post
And the fact she thought she had just taken an IQ test proves she's a bit thick because that wasn't one.

She described it herself as more of a general knowledge test than an IQ test.
Old 27-01-2014, 08:27 AM #68
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry

Louisa is a loud and controversial figure and seems to be the product of a pushy mother. Her businesses are not doing well at all and her apprentice appearance and now CBB point at a career as a Z lister with some form of sexual inference attached. She is clever ok, clever at conning people into thinking she is actually clever when in reality, she is like a Joey Essex,s type, she is street wise and has the looks to forge a living by appearing on our screens to fill gaps in production schedules. She is the type that appears on Loose women, Celebrity juice and the occasional bit part on a reality program. In 3 yrs she will be back to backing cup cakes and barking at the moon.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 08:52 AM #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
shes a total hypocrite as we all know

she doesnt care what people think or feel....yet suddenly she doesnt like it when people criticize her

she tells it like it is , but cant take it back.....she pretends she can, but she cant

she says no man should talk to her like that , yet she pours verbal abuse at jim and dappy , shouts at an 82 yera old man and is also ageist towards him, then she preaches about equality? because she cant take it back? she screams sexism is a man dare say the same things back

she admits now that psycho linda has gone she may now be able to get on with jim a bit more....why couldnt she do that when jasmine and linda were in the house? because she goes with the crowd of man haters...spineless

she calls jim a sexist pig ...yet cant back it up when jim asks what have I done in here thats so sexist? she says oh you admitted you were sexist , jim replies......"yes when I admitted that you were crying and upset at the time and I said it to cheer you up and make you laugh, but you choose not to remember that"

jimbo rules every night, simply because hes fundamentally more sincere and more genuine. i also think depe down hes more truthful. louisa doesnt say it as it is. she is a one dimensional cartoon caricature. she even admitted her nominations she didnt really mean. yet she thought jims was nasty. yet she thought jim was playing to the cameras. he was he meant it. she was just playing up to linda and jasmine and the viewers who she thought wrongly would all hate jim , simply because they are mainly women. talk about steretyping women

louisa has spent far too much time in a small group of friends, probably phenomenally bitchy , vindictive spiteful selfish hurtful and nasty. she thinks everyone thinks like that and she gives in to the peer pressure of the bitching

the way she treated olly , who yes sounds as fake as a ten bob note at times, was mean and merciless. some thought it was funny? it was as funny as kicking a poodle in the face. pathetic

hopefully a few days with jimbo will at leats allow her to look at life differently and take more from this experience that cash and twitter followers.
Apart from the Ollie bit...I agree!

Ollie is just the most professional game player in the house, and though I don't suspect for one moment that there is a bad bone in his body [I could be wrong of course?] he is also this years "Professional" sensitive soul!...and therefore will have been chuffed to death that this years "Mouthy-sod" has fallen into his "compassionate-airtime-ploy"! [nothing wrong with playing to his best abilities on a gameshow though!]

Apart from that, Luisa is a cow yeah!

Good job it's Big Brother!........Big Sister would be Evil!
Lex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 09:38 AM #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
shes a total hypocrite as we all know

she doesnt care what people think or feel....yet suddenly she doesnt like it when people criticize her

she tells it like it is , but cant take it back.....she pretends she can, but she cant

she says no man should talk to her like that , yet she pours verbal abuse at jim and dappy , shouts at an 82 yera old man and is also ageist towards him, then she preaches about equality? because she cant take it back? she screams sexism is a man dare say the same things back

she admits now that psycho linda has gone she may now be able to get on with jim a bit more....why couldnt she do that when jasmine and linda were in the house? because she goes with the crowd of man haters...spineless

she calls jim a sexist pig ...yet cant back it up when jim asks what have I done in here thats so sexist? she says oh you admitted you were sexist , jim replies......"yes when I admitted that you were crying and upset at the time and I said it to cheer you up and make you laugh, but you choose not to remember that"

jimbo rules every night, simply because hes fundamentally more sincere and more genuine. i also think depe down hes more truthful. louisa doesnt say it as it is. she is a one dimensional cartoon caricature. she even admitted her nominations she didnt really mean. yet she thought jims was nasty. yet she thought jim was playing to the cameras. he was he meant it. she was just playing up to linda and jasmine and the viewers who she thought wrongly would all hate jim , simply because they are mainly women. talk about steretyping women

louisa has spent far too much time in a small group of friends, probably phenomenally bitchy , vindictive spiteful selfish hurtful and nasty. she thinks everyone thinks like that and she gives in to the peer pressure of the bitching

the way she treated olly , who yes sounds as fake as a ten bob note at times, was mean and merciless. some thought it was funny? it was as funny as kicking a poodle in the face. pathetic

hopefully a few days with jimbo will at leats allow her to look at life differently and take more from this experience that cash and twitter followers.

Totally....totAlly agree with every word. We'll constructed
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 09:45 AM #71

Quote:
the truth

thats laughable. the character and integirty of the company owner is the biggets and most important part of the investment in any company. I suggest you read up on the great investors and entrepreneurs
- Actually, you're reply is laughable. Sorry, WRONG.
kitten59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 09:51 AM #72

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

True, but what a housemate!
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 11:00 AM #73

the word bully has lost its meaning. and Ollie should thank Louisa for finally giving him some airtime with his new 'I gotta be me' schtick.
wendywillow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 12:47 PM #74
Z

Z

Quote:
Fair point in most instances, Zee, but I'd guess that a reputation as a sex addict in the food industry is as appealing to customers as hearing your local icecream man is a chronic masturbator.
Is liking sex really a bad thing? I was a bit shocked at the 5 people in one night revelation and I totally disagree with it in principle but I wouldn't not buy her products just because she has an active sex life, you know? Maybe that's just me, but I don't think many people would be put off buying food that they really like if they found out something a bit salacious about the owner of the company.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 12:50 PM #75
You know my methods

You know my methods

she demonstrates many psychopathic qualities and I am not joking.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bully, louisa, spineless