Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB13 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB13) shown January 2014 was won by Jim Davidson.

Discuss here.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:37 AM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Those women did a very good job themselves of not only winding Jim up but others too,2 of them namely Lionel..
As for being sexist,Jim was regularly in the kitchen area doing the cooking,he even solely cooked a stir fry for Linda.
Someone really sexist would expect the women to do the cooking and certainly would not specially cook for just one of them.
He also ran around after them with tea as well.

It is all very well being selective as to the negatives of Jim but I saw far more positives as to him,as very clearly and in a big way as well did the viewers voting too.
Most of their words were in response to his, what were they supposed to do -put up and shut up, isn't that what Jim's type of man expects. Certainly women today wouldn't have the choices they have if other women weren't strong enough to face the riducule from some in order to express their views.

Whatever anyone thinks of Louisa, she said what she thought, and was not scared of the backlash. She will always have control of her own life unlike the many women out there who will just jump from one relationship to the other looking for a man to look after them. I know which woman I would rather be.

Jim was typical of his generation in many ways and people want to applaud him for it. So he did a bit of cooking - doesn't negate his sexist views in my eyes.
sassysocks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:42 AM #27

Favourites:
CBB15: Perez Hilton

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
I think that Jim meant 'a fraud' in as much as he played the game by not rising to Linda's bait. [Luisa's too for that matter]...because I believe that in the 'real world', if Linda or Luisa had taunted and goaded him like they did in the house, there would have been real fireworks coming back at them from Jim in retaliation!...as Jim himself has told us on several occasions..the whole point of him being in the house was to change the public's perception of him!...And to do that he donned the 'calm and perhaps a tad too-reasonable persona' ..and generally bit his tongue during the two dragon's bitch-attacks on him, which he was all too well aware were designed to get him to appear the "angry misogynist that is capable of being a real life Bill Sykes character"!...So he feels a fraud because he mastered his compulsion to 'give it back' ...simply to win the public over!
Well done Jim...I couldn't have done it...I would have strangled Linda with Luisa's gizzards, and been evicted to great boo's , pretty sharpish!

I saw Jim goading Luisa, and she didn't retaliate. However, I didn't notice Luisa goading and taunting Jim. Can you please give a few examples, excluding jokes, because no-one counts Jim's jokes.
Seraphim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:29 AM #28
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

I took it as he felt he didn't deserve to win, as he thought someone like his good pal in there Dappy should have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassysocks View Post
Talk about seeing Jim Davidson through rose-tinted glasses. Jim provoked Linda and Louisa on many occasions with his provactive sexist remarks. He is a sexist pig - pure and simple who knew exactly what he was doing and there was no level to which he would not sink - with the Frank Carson remarks, who then backtracked and out and out lied in order to divert attention away from his gutless behaviour.

No doubt many would have have happily strangled him with the equally sexist Dappy's gizzards.
One could also argue that your extreme feminist views are clouding YOUR judgement of Jim. Yes Jim is sexist, but it isn't just men that can be sexist you know, Luisa is extremely sexist too, but that's ok because she's a woman eh?... And Luisa & Linda were the ones who continually goaded & provoked Jim, Luisa herself admitted that she was lead on by Linda to do it. One wonders if you actually watched the show at all, let alone with rose tinted glasses on!
Old 02-02-2014, 12:35 PM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
I took it as he felt he didn't deserve to win, as he thought someone like his good pal in there Dappy should have...

One could also argue that your extreme feminist views are clouding YOUR judgement of Jim. Yes Jim is sexist, but it isn't just men that can be sexist you know, Luisa is extremely sexist too, but that's ok because she's a woman eh?... And Luisa & Linda were the ones who continually goaded & provoked Jim, Luisa herself admitted that she was lead on by Linda to do it. One wonders if you actually watched the show at all, let alone with rose tinted glasses on!
I watched, but I didn't watch over and over again as some seem to do. But I do know sexism when I see it. Also, it doesn't take Einstein to realise that when one sex constantly belittle the other on the basis of their sex - it is likely to create a reverse sexist view in the other group. The bullied are not likely to have a very high opinion of the bullies are they? Eventually the stronger ones will retaliate. Human nature. The ones that initially caused the situation are the problem.
sassysocks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:01 PM #30

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:

... And Luisa & Linda were the ones who continually goaded & provoked Jim, :
I saw Jim goading Luisa, and she didn't retaliate. However, I didn't notice Luisa goading and provoking Jim. Can you please give a few examples, excluding jokes, because no-one counts Jim's jokes.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:03 PM #31

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Favourites:

See another one of my threads turned into a sexism debate lol.

YAWN!
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:04 PM #32

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin
CBB14: Gary

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin
CBB14: Gary

The first instances in the house were night-time noise = Luisa, and Jasmine

The second incident in the house we may not have seen, but we saw Linda convincing the house that Jim was drunk, and causing problems.

It seemed from then on that Linda kept up the sexist remarks, until Jim said "I think that women should iron."

And Dappy "Women are slags who sleep with 5 men."

So what we saw first was Linda talking about something that we didn't see. Linda started it on camera. We don't know what Jim did. He may not have done anything, because every Linda incident seemed to follow nothing.

Last edited by Pincho Paxton; 02-02-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Pincho Paxton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:28 PM #33
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

He's a fraud as he knows he played a game, he manipulated dappy who is as malleable as plastercine due to his daddy issues.
Jim has admitted in interview he has an issue with strong young women, and lied about being sorry for the comments made in hells kitchen.
I've had the misfortune to meet a couple of people who display behaviours like this, the best word to describe them is 'toxic'.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:35 PM #34
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Most of their words were in response to his, what were they supposed to do -put up and shut up, isn't that what Jim's type of man expects. Certainly women today wouldn't have the choices they have if other women weren't strong enough to face the riducule from some in order to express their views.

Whatever anyone thinks of Louisa, she said what she thought, and was not scared of the backlash. She will always have control of her own life unlike the many women out there who will just jump from one relationship to the other looking for a man to look after them. I know which woman I would rather be.

Jim was typical of his generation in many ways and people want to applaud him for it. So he did a bit of cooking - doesn't negate his sexist views in my eyes.
He didn't do everything right or say everything right but no way either did the women,and especially moreso Linda.
Sorry but I feel you are seeing, Linda particularly, through rose coloured glasses too.

A bit of cooking??.
He did it himself or helped with cooking most days and the one thing that does show, with all respect to you,is a big lack of substance as to your description of him as a wholly sexist individual.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:51 PM #35
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Quote:
I watched, but I didn't watch over and over again as some seem to do. But I do know sexism when I see it. Also, it doesn't take Einstein to realise that when one sex constantly belittle the other on the basis of their sex - it is likely to create a reverse sexist view in the other group. The bullied are not likely to have a very high opinion of the bullies are they? Eventually the stronger ones will retaliate. Human nature. The ones that initially caused the situation are the problem.
So Linda & Luisa were only sexist to Jim because he was to them first?!? Do me a favour! I think you will find, without watching it over & over, that it was Linda who started ALL the problems with Jim, she had it in for him from day one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
I saw Jim goading Luisa, and she didn't retaliate. However, I didn't notice Luisa goading and provoking Jim. Can you please give a few examples, excluding jokes, because no-one counts Jim's jokes.
She did goad Jim & if it were through veiled jokes or not, she was still goading him. If you count Jim's jokey comments as goading then surely it should count for Luisa too!
Old 03-02-2014, 02:35 PM #36
User banned

User banned

Quote:
So Linda & Luisa were only sexist to Jim because he was to them first?!? Do me a favour! I think you will find, without watching it over & over, that it was Linda who started ALL the problems with Jim, she had it in for him from day one...

She did goad Jim & if it were through veiled jokes or not, she was still goading him. If you count Jim's jokey comments as goading then surely it should count for Luisa too!
100% spot on, the hetro men haters here cant hack it jimbo was a far better housemate and beat them fair and square. the only sexism in that house came from the women and one or 2 stupid comments from dappy and lionel. the rest was man hating all the way from linda and luisa and of course back up from the spineless sam.
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:37 PM #37
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
He didn't do everything right or say everything right but no way either did the women,and especially moreso Linda.
Sorry but I feel you are seeing, Linda particularly, through rose coloured glasses too.

A bit of cooking??.
He did it himself or helped with cooking most days and the one thing that does show, with all respect to you,is a big lack of substance as to your description of him as a wholly sexist individual.
great post and 100% correct

jimbo cooked every day .....he cooked a load for linda and he cleaned up afterwards....oh but even then she was over him like ahawk criticizing his cleaning technique? meanwhile she did what? and hes the sexist? what a joke, the only sexist pigs in that house were linda and luisa
Old 03-02-2014, 03:05 PM #38

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
100% spot on, the hetro men haters here cant hack it jimbo was a far better housemate and beat them fair and square. the only sexism in that house came from the women and one or 2 stupid comments from dappy and lionel. the rest was man hating all the way from linda and luisa and of course back up from the spineless sam.
A total contradiction..

First you say the only sexism came from the women then you openly say that Dappy and Lionel were sometimes sexist...All in one sentence.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:50 PM #39
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 View Post
A total contradiction..

First you say the only sexism came from the women then you openly say that Dappy and Lionel were sometimes sexist...All in one sentence.
the only contradiction and hypocrisy is from you. i admit there were faults on both sides. dappy said one thing which was contradictory but later apologised, lionel too said one thing that was contradictory about jasmine tlaking filth. lionel was a walking contradiction about everything
but luisa and linda had depe rooted sexism, a male hatred and double standard that ran through everything they said and did 24 hours a day. they thought they had the right to abuse belittle insult swear at and slander men and yet didnt feel men had the right of reply. when they did reply, they couldnt handle it. total sexism man hating misandrist hypocrites. its sad you feel the same way, perhaps you should open up with you follow this line of thought?
Old 03-02-2014, 04:37 PM #40

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
No.. I would really appreciate you giving me examples of Luisa goading Jim. I can remember a few jokes, such as her going "It's the grim reaper" and "Jim's collapsed." I thought they were hilarious myself, and they didn't seem like "veiled" jokes either. But you'll have to give me proper examples of her goading, because I have missed it.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:53 PM #41
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
No.. I would really appreciate you giving me examples of Luisa goading Jim. I can remember a few jokes, such as her going "It's the grim reaper" and "Jim's collapsed." I thought they were hilarious myself, and they didn't seem like "veiled" jokes either. But you'll have to give me proper examples of her goading, because I have missed it.
every time she or linda spoke to him they even slandered him or insulted him or mocked him or kept him awake. you choose to ignore all of that , why are you so biased against the male winner?
Old 03-02-2014, 05:12 PM #42

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
the only contradiction and hypocrisy is from you. i admit there were faults on both sides. dappy said one thing which was contradictory but later apologised, lionel too said one thing that was contradictory about jasmine tlaking filth. lionel was a walking contradiction about everything
but luisa and linda had depe rooted sexism, a male hatred and double standard that ran through everything they said and did 24 hours a day. they thought they had the right to abuse belittle insult swear at and slander men and yet didnt feel men had the right of reply. when they did reply, they couldnt handle it. total sexism man hating misandrist hypocrites. its sad you feel the same way, perhaps you should open up with you follow this line of thought?
We only got to watch 46 minutes a day.

If you don't mind me asking....Are you gay?

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 03-02-2014 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:13 PM #43
User banned

User banned

Quote:

Im sorry to break this to you but there is still 24 hours in a day
Old 03-02-2014, 05:14 PM #44
User banned

User banned

Quote:

if you want a date just ask me
Old 03-02-2014, 05:22 PM #45

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Im sorry to break this to you but there is still 24 hours in a day
Yes but you didn't get to see them 24 hours a day, you saw a 46 minute edit so how can you say they were sexist 24 hours a day?

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 03-02-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:24 PM #46
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Yes but you didn't get to see them 24 hours a day, you saw a 46 minute edit so how can you say they were sexist 24 hours a day?
it really is simple common sense.
because they are at heart sexist. they cant just switch it off and on. they were sexist to jimbo throughout. in every minute of every show. It is therefore quite logical and intelligent to deduce they are sexist man haters for the rest of the day too.
Im glad to be here to educate you

Last edited by the truth; 03-02-2014 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:35 PM #47

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
it really is simple common sense.
because they are at heart sexist. they cant just switch it off and on. they were sexist to jimbo throughout. in every minute of every show. It is therefore quite logical and intelligent to deduce they are sexist man haters for the rest of the day too.
Im glad to be here to educate you
I wouldn't say its very intelligent to believe everything you see on tv especially when its highly edited.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:37 PM #48
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I wouldn't say its very intelligent to believe everything you see on tv especially when its highly edited.
yes maybe you shouldnt fall for it

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
a bit of a fraud, felt, jim, linda, winning