Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB13 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB13) shown January 2014 was won by Jim Davidson.

Discuss here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 08:39 PM #26

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
I'm not bitter because Jim won, but a note of bitterness has crept into my tone recently in some of the threads on forum because of the hypocrisy and sexism of so many of those who are supporting Jim and Dappy.

A few examples:

Dappy was dared to suck Luisa's nipples and suck his head under Luisa's top. Even if they did indulge in nipple-sucking, Luisa is the only one who has been criticised for it. No-one has once mentioned Dappy's involvement.

Luisa and Jim both admitted going to sex parties, but the outrage in response to those revelations was reserved for Luisa. No-one batted an eyelid about Jim doing it.

After starting an argument by criticising Luisa, Dappy followed her around the house, haranguing and hectoring her, and wouldn't leave her alone in spite of her making abundantly clear she didn't want to prolong the discussion. Dappy has a criminal record for harrassing a woman. He obviously hasn't changed. There was no outrage over Dappy's behaviour, but the row has been held up on this board as an example of Luisa "bullying" and being obnoxious.

Jim is a married man who was clearly being lecherous towards a beautiful young woman, building an emotional intimacy with her over time and using it to initiate physical contact, make increasingly bold references to her body, sexual organs or his lust for her, sometimes in the guise of a joke. Jim was a friend of Lee, and could easily have had a word with Lee, as Luisa did on several occasions. Instead, when all the men tried to speak to Lee together, Jim walked out of the room saying that it was none of their business. Jim exited that house to a wall of cheers and was hailed like a returning hero. Humph.
Totally agree.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:37 PM #27
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I'm not bitter because Jim won, but a note of bitterness has crept into my tone recently in some of the threads on forum because of the hypocrisy and sexism of so many of those who are supporting Jim and Dappy.

A few examples:

Dappy was dared to suck Luisa's nipples and suck his head under Luisa's top. Even if they did indulge in nipple-sucking, Luisa is the only one who has been criticised for it. No-one has once mentioned Dappy's involvement.

Luisa and Jim both admitted going to sex parties, but the outrage in response to those revelations was reserved for Luisa. No-one batted an eyelid about Jim doing it.

After starting an argument by criticising Luisa, Dappy followed her around the house, haranguing and hectoring her, and wouldn't leave her alone in spite of her making abundantly clear she didn't want to prolong the discussion. Dappy has a criminal record for harrassing a woman. He obviously hasn't changed. There was no outrage over Dappy's behaviour, but the row has been held up on this board as an example of Luisa "bullying" and being obnoxious.

Jim is a married man who was clearly being lecherous towards a beautiful young woman, building an emotional intimacy with her over time and using it to initiate physical contact, make increasingly bold references to her body, sexual organs or his lust for her, sometimes in the guise of a joke. Jim was a friend of Lee, and could easily have had a word with Lee, as Luisa did on several occasions. Instead, when all the men tried to speak to Lee together, Jim walked out of the room saying that it was none of their business. Jim exited that house to a wall of cheers and was hailed like a returning hero. Humph.
a very biased pro female male bashing one eyed thread
frankly everything youve said about jim here is pure lies
as for dappy, people have criticized him galore so again thats untrue
luisa brought his mother into the argument which set him off and he brought her daughter into it which set her off.
the amount of criticism in this argument was about equally measured out, but he was a bigger person as he apologised for his part, she didnt.
as for sex parties. loads of people mentioned jimbo said he went to sex parties so its wasnt ignored. luisa showed off about it more, she showed off about shagging 5 men in a night and was looking for cheap tacky attention to make easy money , so she cant then claim poor me if shes doing it all for atttention and monetary reward

yorue playing the poor me poor women self pity card like linda nolan and we have all seen through it now. youre behind the times here about 20 years....its time for mens rights now and if women want to be treated equally they deserve to be spoken to the same way as men i.e. to be called sexist dirty pigs if thats how they behave , the way they sai the same things about jimbo who did nothing to merit the appelation (criticism) throughout
Old 02-02-2014, 10:18 PM #28

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
luisa brought his mother into the argument which set him off and he brought her daughter into it which set her off.
the amount of criticism in this argument was about equally measured out, but he was a bigger person as he apologised for his part, she didnt.
as for sex parties. loads of people mentioned jimbo said he went to sex parties so its wasnt ignored. luisa showed off about it more, she showed off about shagging 5 men in a night and was looking for cheap tacky attention to make easy money , so she cant then claim poor me if shes doing it all for atttention and monetary reward

yorue playing the poor me poor women self pity card like linda nolan and we have all seen through it now. youre behind the times here about 20 years....its time for mens rights now and if women want to be treated equally they deserve to be spoken to the same way as men i.e. to be called sexist dirty pigs if thats how they behave , the way they sai the same things about jimbo who did nothing to merit the appelation (criticism) throughout
Dappy nominated Luisa about 2 weeks after that fight for the same reason though after they had seemed to become good friends.

Oh and she did apologise.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 02-02-2014 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:28 PM #29
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 View Post
Dappy nominated Luisa about 2 weeks after that fight for the same reason though after they had seemed to become good friends.

Oh and she did apologise.
still trolling for infractions?

he apologised. she didnt. possibly back tracked a few days or weeks later. he was the bigger person as you chooose to ignore due to bias. you also know why he nominated, so when you say "for some reason" youre yet again being disingenuous and bashing the hetro yet again. hmmmm a misandrist pattern developing?
Old 02-02-2014, 11:30 PM #30

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin
CBB14: Gary

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin
CBB14: Gary

Good old Jim!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 Winner.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	2648  
Old 02-02-2014, 11:37 PM #31

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:

he apologised. she didnt. possibly back tracked a few days or weeks later. he was the bigger person as you chooose to ignore due to bias. you also know why he nominated, so when you say "for some reason" youre yet again being disingenuous and bashing the hetro yet again. hmmmm a misandrist pattern developing?
Don't need to troll you achieve infractions on your own merit.

Apparently if people have an opinion different to you they are trolls are sexists or bias or disingenious or hetrophobic. All this from that one post and you wonder why you keep getting banned?

PS: I said for the same reason not "for some reason" learn to read posts properly before attacking me with all this abuse over and over.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 02-02-2014 at 11:39 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:23 AM #32
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 View Post
Don't need to troll you achieve infractions on your own merit.

Apparently if people have an opinion different to you they are trolls are sexists or bias or disingenious or hetrophobic. All this from that one post and you wonder why you keep getting banned?

PS: I said for the same reason not "for some reason" learn to read posts properly before attacking me with all this abuse over and over.

sounds like a confession.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:32 AM #33
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Old 03-02-2014, 06:17 AM #34

Feminists are bitter as deep down they know most voters who placed Jim as winner were women but many try to pretend it was men getting revenge. Hence the likes of Luisa talking about "Jim must have employed a call centre". Give it up 'sistas'

Last edited by alex_front2; 03-02-2014 at 06:19 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:21 AM #35
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Bet it will eat at Linda for the rest of her days

Old 03-02-2014, 06:48 AM #36

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
sounds like a confession.
No sounds like you've been called out on your BS and can only retaliate with a 4 word dig.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:35 AM #37
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jords View Post
Bet it will eat at Linda for the rest of her days
I don't think so! Jim said on his This Morning interview that they had a drink together at the wrap party and he was going to help her with her breast cancer charity so I think it is just some people on line that are making a big deal out of Jim winning, anyone would think we would achieve world peace if Luisa won

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 03-02-2014, 07:47 AM #38
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

well done to jim for winning, I was weary of him in bb, because every one is a player in life as well as bb, but its votes that count not opinions.

if you're not doing, your being done!

Last edited by thesheriff443; 03-02-2014 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:56 AM #39
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

While I have to admit and even admire Luisa,despite always being in danger of being evicted every week,she did turn it around and in the end made the final on merit.
However she is not the rightful winner, she only came 4th, the winner was to come from one of the 3 male housemates.

Jim had in fact been the public's choice since week one,always at the top of the voting to be 'saved' in every eviction battle.
He is actually one of the real runaway winners of any series.

This thread is titled why is everyone bitter that he won, however as far as I can see,everyone is NOT bitter that he won just likely some of the people who never wanted him to but who were clearly out of step with the majority of the viewers who were voting as to their opinion of Jim.

It is everyone's right to like or dislike who they please but Jim is in all fact the runaway winner of CBB and was in place to do so from the very first week's evicrion battle too.

I may be wrong here but I never saw Luisa apologise to Dappy at all, he went over to her and said sorry and made up but she,to my knowledge, while accepting that never returned the sorry verbally.
She did address it later in the series and backtrack as someone said above.

Anyway, Luisa didn't win and was never going to, Jim did and was always going to.
That is another fact.
Also from all I have read and seen of him since I find he is a very popular winner except with those who never liked him or wanted him to win anyway.

he held all the publics support who were voting for him from the start and I still say,in my opinion, for near most of the time he behaved really well in the house, he did not rise too often to the attacks and slurs from Linda and others.
He entertained and for all those reasons is the worthy winner of this series and in fact he is likely one of the most worthy winners ever on a CBB series.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:00 AM #40

He's just an angry old man. reminds me of my dad when i was a teenager. Maybe he's not a horrible person, but it sure is easy to dislike him!
Old 03-02-2014, 08:33 AM #41

Favourites:
CBB15: Perez Hilton

Favourites:

Quote:

Luisa had no reason to apologise to Dappy. She was right.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:43 AM #42

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Luisa had no reason to apologise to Dappy. She was right.
I agree she shouldn't of had to apologise but she actually DID. I don't know why people have selective memory.

Dappy was also called to the diary room and warned yet that was not aired and no one discusses it on the forum, its all about how Luisa talked about his mother and they forget the whole load of abusive things he said that led up to that well deserved comment from her.

Why did he apologise if he knew he was in the right and then keep nominating her? lol it was all to save face.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:07 AM #43

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:

We only saw the edited clips, but the argument was clearly caused by Dappy repeatedly saying that if a man slept with five women, he was cool, and if a woman slept with five men she was a ******

Can you link me to the threads where loads of people discussed Jim going to sex parties please, because I didn't see them.

I have never in my life called a man "a dirty sexist pig", and I never would. My posts have been about sexism in society.

I am not playing a "poor me" card. I don't need to. I believe what I say, and am proud of being who I am. My gender has never affected any of my choices in life, not the choices of any of my friends or siblings of either sex. You are the person who is living in the past, my friend. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder the size of a pyramid.

Last edited by Seraphim; 03-02-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:14 AM #44
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I have stated facts in my post, and you have stated untruths in yours.

Dappy started the argument with Luisa. The 5 men in a night concept came from him, not Luisa. Luisa never at any point agreed that she had slept with five men in one evening. Luisa didn't need to apologise as she had done nothing wrong.

Can you link me to the threads where loads of people discussed Jim going to sex parties please.

I have never in my life called a man a dirty sexist pig, and I never would. My posts have been about sexism in society.

I am not playing a "poor me" card. I don't need to. I believe what I say, and am proud of being who I am. My gender has never affected any of my choices in life, not the choices of any of my friends or siblings of either sex. You are the person who is living in the dark ages, my friend. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder the size of a pyramid.
Luisa told him she had, that is where the whole argument stemmed from.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 03-02-2014, 09:26 AM #45

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Luisa told him she had, that is where the whole argument stemmed from.
Here are two quotes from the BB website:

The pair took offence at the 26-year-old rapper – real name Costadinos Contostavlos – earlier today when he suggested that females shouldn’t have multiple sex partners.

“I think you shouldn’t say a man can sleep with five women and he’s cool and a woman can sleep with five men and she’s a *****,” said former Apprentice contestant Luisa.

“That’s true though,” Dappy replied.......

Later the argument continued:

“I said if a woman sleeps with five men in one night, what does it make her? It’s disgusting innit?” Dappy reminded her.

“Why do you think it’s disgusting?” pondered Luisa.

“Can you tell me how many men you’ve slept with in one night?” asked Dappy.

“It’s irrelevant to the conversation,” insisted Luisa...

Last edited by Seraphim; 03-02-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:44 AM #46
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Pretty sure there was a conversation in the bath tub between Luisa, Dappy and Jasmine about it, and Luisa whispered how many she had slept with to Dappy which is where the argument stemmed from originally.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:46 AM #47
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Jim had/still has a big fanbase on this site if the polls were anything to go by, so can't see where the everyone is bitter Jim won comes from? Of course there will be a few who were unhappy about his win, but that would be as far as it goes. Jim seems to be quite a popular winner on here. I thought he gave a lot to this CBB and deserved his win for that reason.

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Old 03-02-2014, 11:01 AM #48

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
Jim had/still has a big fanbase on this site if the polls were anything to go by, so can't see where the everyone is bitter Jim won comes from? Of course there will be a few who were unhappy about his win, but that would be as far as it goes. Jim seems to be quite a popular winner on here. I thought he gave a lot to this CBB and deserved his win for that reason.
I agree absolutely. I've always said that based on their input to the show, Jim and Luisa deserved to tie for top, followed by Dappy. I'd have loved to see Luisa in the top three, given her input to the show, but I think she did very well given that she didn't have a pre-existing fanbase.

Last edited by Seraphim; 03-02-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:08 AM #49

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Pretty sure there was a conversation in the bath tub between Luisa, Dappy and Jasmine about it, and Luisa whispered how many she had slept with to Dappy which is where the argument stemmed from originally.
Even if that was the case, it wasn't what started an argument. The argument started because Dappy repeatedly said that if a man slept with five women, he was cool, and if a woman slept with five men she was a *****. Both Jasmine and Luisa tried to point out the inherent double standards in that view, but Dappy wouldn't agree. I'd have argued with him too. Luisa was quite correct that the number of people she had slept with was irrelevant to the discussion anyway.

Last edited by Seraphim; 03-02-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:21 AM #50
Z

Z

Quote:
That cannot be the case, otherwise Dappy wouldn't have been demanding to know later.
Luisa whispered it to Jasmine; Dappy was also in the bath tub at the time though. He was shouting "five" without Luisa once confirming that number during the argument so I figure he must have also been told and he knew fine well how many people she'd slept with in one night and wanted her to admit it in front of anyone to try and humiliate her.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bitter, jim, won