¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

1) The unbeaten season obviously... just read up on it and we paid £1.5m for Lehmann and £3m for Van Persie that season beating Inter 5-1 (away) in the CL...
2) 2002's WC was fun. The unpredictability of it all (France, Portugal & Argentina all flopping in the groups), England doing pretty well and only narrowly losing to Brazil (but beating Argentina on the way)... HESKEY SCORING... wonderful.
3) The 2012 opening ceremony... was beaming from start to finish tbh
4) 2006 WC final... was just mad with the Zidane moment, and I really loved that summer.
5) Murray's final with Djokovic in the US Open... for some reason was way more exciting than the Wimbledon win (although that was obviously special), might've been the five sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 06:59 AM #27
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

Italy beating France and winning the World Cup
Karolina Kostner winning bronze at the Winter Olympics in Sochi
Bolt at the London 2012 Olympic Games! OMFG!
Italy beating Germany and winning their second Wolld Cup
The Sochi Winter Olympics : Stunning!

Hopefully getting to the final at this year World Cup in Bazil!

Last edited by Vanessa; 13-03-2014 at 06:59 AM.
Vanessa is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 07:46 AM #28

1999 Champions League and Treble Win
2008 Champions League Win - so nerve wracking during the pens
2009 Manchester Derby - Utd winning 4-3 in Fergie time courtesy of Michael Owen - watched it in the pub, best atmosphere ever
2012 Olympics - just for National pride for once
1984 - Torvil and Dean's perfect 6s at the Olympics
Old 13-03-2014, 08:46 AM #29

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):

2014 - Li Na wins Australian Open
2014 - Michael Van Gerwen wins Darts World Championships
2014 - Manchester City win Capital One Cup (shut up, nothing else will go right this season now!)
2012 - Manchester City win Premier League
2012 - London Olympics, just everything about it was perfect
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 09:22 AM #30
Jesus.

Jesus.

1) 2005 cl win in Istanbul. The rollercoaster of emotions that night can never be surpassed by another sporting event, unless we find ourselves 4-0 down at half time in the final next year against Bayern, and come back and win.

2) the semi-final against Chelsea in 05. The craziest noise at Anfield, and the atmosphere was generally ridiculous. Made all the more special by Mourinho still whinging about the "ghost goal" to this day. The ref came out afterwards and said if he hadn't given the goal it was a penalty and Cech would have been sent off for the foul on Baros - but that never gets mentioned.

3) 2001 - the treble season. Again - just another mad adventure, for a football club that does mad adventures better than any other. We spent a lot of that season playing some of the most defensive hoofball I can remember seeing any team play, nevermind Liverpool, but somehow all the important games just turned into some of the craziest fixtures ever. The final against Arsenal that should have ended in about a 5-0 defeat, the LC final against Birmingham where we should have lost to a penalty that wasn't given, the crazy goalfest that was the UEFA final, Gary Mac's 45yd free kick against the bitters. Wrapping up champions league qualification with a Robbie Fowler overhead kick away at Charlton on the last day of the season.

4) Rafa's rant - Because he was spot on with what he said, and the press missed the point completely. The myth to this day is that cost us the league, but the 11 league games we played after that produced 9 wins and 2 draws. United just kept winning in the season Howard Webb was at his peak in united colours, throwing penalties at them whenever they needed one. They were also just a crushing machine towards the end of that season.

5) The day in court when we rid ourselves of a couple of American parasites. A terrible chapter in the history of the club, and an absolutely shameful episode in the lives of Moores and Parry who sold them the damn thing. We're still recovering to this day, but that evening felt as good as many victories on the field.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 09:26 AM #31

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB14: Dexter

Favourites (more):

Wasnt 2001 a Quadruple season? Or do Liverpool fans not count the Charity shield?

"She was left for dead on the sands of Tatooine, as was I. But fate sometimes steps in to rescue the wretched."
Novo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 09:30 AM #32
Jesus.

Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo View Post
Wasnt 2001 a Quadruple season? Or do Liverpool fans not count the Charity shield?
You can actually count it as a quintuple if you throw the European super cup in there as well, but they are just add-ons. The treble is good enough.
Old 13-03-2014, 09:33 AM #33
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

[QUOTE=AnnieK;6752817]1999 Champions League and Treble Win
2008 Champions League Win - so nerve wracking during the pens
2009 Manchester Derby - Utd winning 4-3 in Fergie time courtesy of Michael Owen - watched it in the pub, best atmosphere ever
2012 Olympics - just for National pride for once
Andy Murry winning Wimble.

I would go with Annies except for Torvill and Dean.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 09:45 AM #34
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
1) 2005 cl win in Istanbul. The rollercoaster of emotions that night can never be surpassed by another sporting event, unless we find ourselves 4-0 down at half time in the final next year against Bayern, and come back and win.

2) the semi-final against Chelsea in 05. The craziest noise at Anfield, and the atmosphere was generally ridiculous. Made all the more special by Mourinho still whinging about the "ghost goal" to this day. The ref came out afterwards and said if he hadn't given the goal it was a penalty and Cech would have been sent off for the foul on Baros - but that never gets mentioned.

3) 2001 - the treble season. Again - just another mad adventure, for a football club that does mad adventures better than any other. We spent a lot of that season playing some of the most defensive hoofball I can remember seeing any team play, nevermind Liverpool, but somehow all the important games just turned into some of the craziest fixtures ever. The final against Arsenal that should have ended in about a 5-0 defeat, the LC final against Birmingham where we should have lost to a penalty that wasn't given, the crazy goalfest that was the UEFA final, Gary Mac's 45yd free kick against the bitters. Wrapping up champions league qualification with a Robbie Fowler overhead kick away at Charlton on the last day of the season.

4) Rafa's rant - Because he was spot on with what he said, and the press missed the point completely. The myth to this day is that cost us the league, but the 11 league games we played after that produced 9 wins and 2 draws. United just kept winning in the season Howard Webb was at his peak in united colours, throwing penalties at them whenever they needed one. They were also just a crushing machine towards the end of that season.

5) The day in court when we rid ourselves of a couple of American parasites. A terrible chapter in the history of the club, and an absolutely shameful episode in the lives of Moores and Parry who sold them the damn thing. We're still recovering to this day, but that evening felt as good as many victories on the field.
OK I agree Rafa was right on the facts but I cant get over he sounds like a little bitch.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 09:58 AM #35
Jesus.

Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
OK I agree Rafa was right on the facts but I cant get over he sounds like a little bitch.

All managers that don't manage our own clubs sound like bitches when they moan. It's just football - but Rafa was responding because the knight of the realm was getting away with murder, so I don't blame him for sticking up for the club and his players. Rafa was never disrespectful to anyone, yet Fergie riled up all his English mates like Big Sam/Moyesiah/Pullis to make a song and dance out of everything, including the time Rafa made a whatever kind of hand gesture to xabi after he ignored Rafa's instructions from a corner, and we scored.

Well apparently he was saying "Game over" to fat sham, so manager after manager came out saying how disrespectful it was - all lead by the man who allowed the glazers into united.

Only people with absolutely nothing about them are happy to sit there and continually take s**t from idiots.
Old 13-03-2014, 10:03 AM #36
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
All managers that don't manage our own clubs sound like bitches when they moan. It's just football - but Rafa was responding because the knight of the realm was getting away with murder, so I don't blame him for sticking up for the club and his players. Rafa was never disrespectful to anyone, yet Fergie riled up all his English mates like Big Sam/Moyesiah/Pullis to make a song and dance out of everything, including the time Rafa made a whatever kind of hand gesture to xabi after he ignored Rafa's instructions from a corner, and we scored.

Well apparently he was saying "Game over" to fat sham, so manager after manager came out saying how disrespectful it was - all lead by the man who allowed the glazers into united.

Only people with absolutely nothing about them are happy to sit there and continually take s**t from idiots.
Its only a game mate.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
Old 13-03-2014, 10:04 AM #37
Jesus.

Jesus.

Quote:
Its only a game mate.
Not when Rafa is involved. He gets way too much stick, and he's a great man!!
Old 13-03-2014, 10:14 AM #38
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Not when Rafa is involved. He gets way too much stick, and he's a great man!!
Rafa is misunderstood for sure. Chelsea treated him like sh*t

Quote:
Old 13-03-2014, 10:20 AM #39
Jesus.

Jesus.

Quote:
Rafa is misunderstood for sure. Chelsea treated him like sh*t
Absolutely. That's Chelsea fans for you.

I'm so glad I'm not of an age where I had to see that Michael Thomas goal though. I have no idea how I would have reacted to that!!

Those are the moments in sport that just make it transcend everything else. Only Arsenal fans will understand the joy of that night, and that's awesome. Extreme highs and lows are a better way to live in sport, than never feeling much of anything.

Last edited by Jesus.; 13-03-2014 at 10:20 AM.
Old 13-03-2014, 10:43 AM #40
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Absolutely. That's Chelsea fans for you.

I'm so glad I'm not of an age where I had to see that Michael Thomas goal though. I have no idea how I would have reacted to that!!

Those are the moments in sport that just make it transcend everything else. Only Arsenal fans will understand the joy of that night, and that's awesome. Extreme highs and lows are a better way to live in sport, than never feeling much of anything.
Pure euphoria

When I found the clip last night the hairs on the back of my neck stood up as the goal went in. It was truly unforgettable moment from a memorable season. My friend was there and said he got crushed when the goal went in; Arsenal fans were diving on top of each other in the stand and hugging random people.

The Istanbul final was great moment for you. I remember texting a few Liverpool supporting mates at half time taking the p*ss but by the end of the night even I was on the end of my seat. Amazing game.

Quote:
Old 13-03-2014, 10:44 AM #41
My keyboard is bullocks

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Samantha
CBBUSA: Mark McGrath

My keyboard is bullocks

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Samantha
CBBUSA: Mark McGrath

1) Super Bowl 43, Patriots vs Giants and the famous "gum on the head" catch that eventually lead to a Giants game winning touchdown

2) Landon Donovan scoring in Added Time against Algeria in 2010 WC, allowing the US to advance

3) Sporting Kansas City winning the MLS Cup over Real Salt Lake after 20 PKs were taken in the Penalty Shootout.

4) Abby Wambach scoring in Extra Time Added Time to force a Penalty Shootout and help the US win the match over Brazil in the WWC 2011

5)Green Bay winning Super Bowl 45 over Pittsburgh
Nintendo ID (Wii U): BRLNerd
BBfanUSA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 10:51 AM #42
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

If we were to count the people Chelsea have treated like crap, we'd need many hands

Quote:

Old 13-03-2014, 10:59 AM #43

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

If we were to count the trophies they have won since Roman came along we'd need many more hands

"She was left for dead on the sands of Tatooine, as was I. But fate sometimes steps in to rescue the wretched."
Old 13-03-2014, 11:01 AM #44
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

yes well it's amazing what money can buy

Quote:

Old 13-03-2014, 11:03 AM #45

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Money well spent though, that's the difference between City and Chelsea at the minute

Last edited by Novo; 13-03-2014 at 11:03 AM.
Old 13-03-2014, 11:21 AM #46

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Spending £5 on Martin Demichellis was a lovely investment tyvm **** off.
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 11:55 AM #47
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Chelsea might have won more if Roman's ego hadnt got in the way so often.

Quote:
Old 13-03-2014, 12:06 PM #48
Jesus.

Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo View Post
Money well spent though, that's the difference between City and Chelsea at the minute
To defend city, it's a lot easier when the team Roman took over had just finished 2nd in the league, and could add to a good squad already. Besides, they had a free run at most of the players as no one else in English footie had that money to spend at the time. To do it now is a lot harder.
Old 13-03-2014, 12:16 PM #49

Quote:
To defend city, it's a lot easier when the team Roman took over had just finished 2nd in the league, and could add to a good squad already. Besides, they had a free run at most of the players as no one else in English footie had that money to spend at the time. To do it now is a lot harder.
Old 13-03-2014, 12:18 PM #50
Jesus.

Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
Blue Manchester = good
Red Manchester = bad.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
favourite, history, moments, sporting, top