Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 06-04-2014, 12:35 AM #26
0_o

0_o

ok alex
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:36 AM #27

"Why are you doing this sir? I just want to know Sir?

Well god damn. If that isn't nice and polite...

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:40 AM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Leon View Post
"Why are you doing this sir? I just want to know Sir?

Well god damn. If that isn't nice and polite...
oh please, i've heard that a million times from crims on COPS the TV show. they try to say the right thing, while resisting and doing weird things with their hands (usually trying to hide drugs).

It's like when someone is resisting arrest and then screaming "police brutality!" while they are fighting against the cops.

You do what you're told, and then you'll have plenty of time to defend yourself in a civil way. if it's a misunderstanding, and they got the wrong guy, you aren't going to convince anyone by being belligerent and flailing around and screaming "rodney king!!!"

Last edited by lostalex; 06-04-2014 at 12:40 AM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:49 AM #29

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

Favourites:

lets face it most people only become cops cause they were picked on at school hence why there is so many bad ones who abuse their power to make themselves feel good.
sad really
Old 06-04-2014, 12:54 AM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagol View Post
lets face it most people only become cops cause they were picked on at school hence why there is so many bad ones who abuse their power to make themselves feel good.
sad really
that might be true, but who else is willing to do the job? no matter what their motives, they are still doing a job that the vast majority of us would never do.

There's no way in **** i'd ever do that job. I'd be scared ****less dealing with the kind of people they have to deal with on a daily basis.

Last edited by lostalex; 06-04-2014 at 12:54 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:17 AM #31
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
Cops deal with crazy criminals all day everyday. it's not surprising they can be a bit jumpy or even paranoid sometimes. It's not like cop killers wear a sign on their heads. In certain communities it's more like a war zone than a neighborhood, and cops need to act more like soldiers.

When a cop tells you to do something you do it, period. When you act sketchy like this guy, the cops will treat you like a sketchy mother****er. what's so hard to understand about that? Notice the guy is being argumentative and sketchy from the beginning.
Making excuses for pitiful police work due to a misplaced sense of patriotism is a terrible thing to do. The situation will never improve if you try to brush it under the rug. Policing is a hard job but one that comes with a lot of power and if someone can't handle that due to stress or general misuse of power then they don't deserve to be an officer, especially in a place like America where all officers carry guns.

Poor police work should never be accepted or tolerated because when the police screw up lives can be lost.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:19 AM #32

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
that might be true, but who else is willing to do the job? no matter what their motives, they are still doing a job that the vast majority of us would never do.

There's no way in **** i'd ever do that job. I'd be scared ****less dealing with the kind of people they have to deal with on a daily basis.
it would be a good job if could do it fairly but even the ones who join with good intentions end up being jaded and treating everyone the same. its because of the dodgy situations that makes those ones lose sight which is a shame. because its the good people who pay.
i'd do it but i couldn't handle the injustice and adrenaline junkies lol
Old 06-04-2014, 01:21 AM #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Making excuses for pitiful police work due to a misplaced sense of patriotism is a terrible thing to do. The situation will never improve if you try to brush it under the rug. Policing is a hard job but one that comes with a lot of power and if someone can't handle that due to stress or general misuse of power then they don't deserve to be an officer, especially in a place like America where all officers carry guns.

Poor police work should never be accepted or tolerated because when the police screw up lives can be lost.
how is it patriotism? the police have nothing to do with America as a country. police forces are very localized in the US, none of them are hired by the federal government.

I certainly agree that we need better cops, but if better people, noble people, intellectual people are not wiling to be cops, then what do you do?

Why aren't better people applying to be cops? We need police, we need people willing to run into dangerous situations, but if smarter people are not willing to take on that job, then what do you do?

Unfortunately you are expecting intelligent, high-minded people to apply for police jobs, and thats just not going to happen. Smart people don't want to be cops. (and i don't blame them)

Last edited by lostalex; 06-04-2014 at 01:23 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:38 AM #34
Banned

Banned

Quote:
how is it patriotism? the police have nothing to do with America as a country. police forces are very localized in the US, none of them are hired by the federal government.

I certainly agree that we need better cops, but if better people, noble people, intellectual people are not wiling to be cops, then what do you do?

Why aren't better people applying to be cops? We need police, we need people willing to run into dangerous situations, but if smarter people are not willing to take on that job, then what do you do?

Unfortunately you are expecting intelligent, high-minded people to apply for police jobs, and thats just not going to happen. Smart people don't want to be cops. (and i don't blame them)
I just don't think you'd be on the officer's side if they weren't American.

You don't need to be that intelligent to be a good officer, you just need good training, discipline and a cool head. It's the Patrol and Beat officers that are often caught abusing their position so it's a problem with the officers lower down on the totem pole. Better training is needed as well as strict consequences for officers that abuse their power. You hear far too often about a precinct protecting an officer in the wrong instead doing the right thing by the victims.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:59 AM #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I just don't think you'd be on the officer's side if they weren't American.

You don't need to be that intelligent to be a good officer, you just need good training, discipline and a cool head. It's the Patrol and Beat officers that are often caught abusing their position so it's a problem with the officers lower down on the totem pole. Better training is needed as well as strict consequences for officers that abuse their power. You hear far too often about a precinct protecting an officer in the wrong instead doing the right thing by the victims.
Well i agree with pretty much everything you've said, but when people attack cops, and have an anti-cop mentality, it's not surprising that they try to protect each other, because you are creating an us vs. them situation. I don't think demonizing cops does anything to improve the situation.

and these type of videos don't help eigther, because for every bad cop video, there are 1000 situations where cops were being professional and reasonable, but those don't trend on twitter or make it to the front page of reddit, do they? so it paints an unfair picture when the only videos you see of cops are when there's a bad one.

There are plenty of bad teachers and bad doctors and bad every other profession too.

I don't feel comfortable jumping on the anti-cops bandwagon.

Last edited by lostalex; 06-04-2014 at 02:03 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:10 AM #36
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Well i agree with pretty much everything you've said, but when people attack cops, and have an anti-cop mentality, it's not surprising that they try to protect each other, because you are creating an us vs. them situation. I don't think demonizing cops does anything to improve the situation.

and these type of videos don't help eigther, because for every bad cop video, there are 1000 situations where cops were being professional and reasonable, but those don't trend on twitter or make it to the front page of reddit, do they? so it paints an unfair picture when the only videos you see of cops are when there's a bad one.

There are plenty of bad teachers and bad doctors and bad every other profession too.

I don't feel comfortable jumping on the anti-cops bandwagon.
I'd agree with the bolded point normally but the problem is that there's a lot of these videos and stories popping up lately. I'm not saying that everyone in the police is at fault but it's worrying how common these stories are becoming.

We're only just entering April but I've seen a crapton of these stories so far this year.

Last edited by Tom4784; 06-04-2014 at 02:10 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:05 AM #37

Here is a police statement in response to the video - https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...&stream_ref=10
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:21 AM #38

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:

Quote:
Don Rell Breaux has a prior criminal history with an arrests for: Terroristic Threats & Acts at a school in Georgia, Reckless Conduct, Manufacturing, Distribution & Possession of Marijuana, Simple Criminal Damage to Property and a Probation Violation.
poor innocent victim of police brutality
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:28 AM #39
User banned

User banned

his past doesn't matter no he clearly didn't behave in a way to warrant such force and aggression
Me. I Am Salman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:29 AM #40

Favourites:

Favourites:

All he did was try and cuff him, the overreaction is ridiculous
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:14 AM #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
poor innocent victim of police brutality