Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Football Discuss football in general, including The World Cup, Premier League and Champions League.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:51 PM #26

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/manchester-...-fails-1451738

Looks as if Man U are cooling on Shaw and going for the Barcelona guy Jordi Alba.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 08:57 AM #27

Favourites (more):
I'maCeleb2014: Kendra Wilkinson
X Factor 2014: Andrea Faustini

Favourites (more):

I really don't think he was ever coming to us.
This is the problem with buying British players. They/their agents price them too high.
28 million is way too much. You can get a couple of good European players for that.
Tarryn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:25 AM #28

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/...er-united-deal

Well it's now reported he's joining Man Utd on £160k/ week This cannot be true? Having said that all best LBs in world as targets eg Barca's Jordi Alba won't to miss CL football as big a club as Man U are. So Shaw may be best option with Evra as cover.

Last edited by alex_front2; 10-06-2014 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:14 AM #29

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

As a Man U fan I hope some players would have more faith that this past season was just a glitch. With so much happening last season.
No CL this season will give us more time to sort out the major problems we have.
But I still think Shaw is way over-priced.
But City & Chelsea have so much money we need to be seen to compete with them.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:21 PM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarryn View Post
As a Man U fan I hope some players would have more faith that this past season was just a glitch. With so much happening last season.
No CL this season will give us more time to sort out the major problems we have.
But I still think Shaw is way over-priced.
But City & Chelsea have so much money we need to be seen to compete with them.
Agreed, he is way over priced but he is a young relatively successful relatively experienced defender which is not all that common these days when you have loads of young midfielders and strikers but not many top flight defenders. Plus Southampton finished just below Man Utd so it's not as if Man U are currently that much better this season.

Also Man U are simply not a first choice team for a lot of foreigners now. As good as de Gaal is he is not SAF at Man Utd. Every top dick and average Harry wants CL football even Europa and there is no guarantee MU will bounce back especially as if we agree that the same trio (Chelsea, MC and Liverpool) will be battling for title in top 3 places that leaves 4th place with Arsenal facing stiff competition from Everton, Spurs and even Newcastle (not Southampion as they are imploding no Ponchetti, no retained successful youth coaches, no Lambert, Lallana, Rodriguez looking to leave as well as Shaw).

Luke Shaw may like to be in CL but he'd forgo this if he can play for big club like Man U and hope to qualify for Europe 2015/16

Last edited by alex_front2; 10-06-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:23 PM #31

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_front2 View Post
Agreed, he is way over priced but he is a young relatively successful relatively experienced defender which is not all that common these days when you have loads of young midfielders and strikers but not many top flight defenders. Plus Southampton finished just below Man Utd so it's not as if Man U are currently that much better this season.

Also Man U are simply not a first choice team for a lot of foreigners now. As good as de Gaal is he is not SAF at Man Utd. Every top dick and average Harry wants CL football even Europa and there is no guarantee MU will bounce back especially as if we agree that the same trio (Chelsea, MC and Liverpool) will be battling for title in top 3 places that leaves 4th place with Arsenal facing stiff competition from Everton, Spurs and even Newcastle (not Southampion as they are imploding no Ponchetti, no retained successful youth coaches, no Lambert, Lallana, Rodriguez looking to leave as well as Shaw).

Luke Shaw may like to be in CL but he'd forgo this if he can play for big club like Man U and hope to qualify for Europe 2015/16
I totally agree that our options are limited with no CL this coming season.
Southampton are being raided by other PL clubs right now & I don't blame them for wanting the maximum amount for Shaw.
You are right LVG is no Sir Alex, he was a one-off but I think LVG has been given the job as he has the pulling power that Moyes did not. Players will want to come to us as he is our manager.
We had an awful season & it was not just the placing which was bad it was the lack of passion from our players & such negative football.
I think Chelsea & City are almost certain to battle it out for the title next season but after that it's pretty open.
Arsenal fell apart, Everton improved under Martinez & Liverpool may have had one great season as they did not have to concern themselves with the CL.
Spurs will also be interesting with their new young manager. I think Pochettino could be a real find for them.
The only thing that bothers me if we do get Shaw is the message it is sending out to the other players at the club. Such huge wages.
Rooney held us to ransom. Others may try to do so.
LVG has a big job on his hands. I'm happy Giggs has stayed. He may be really important.
I would love to see our youth come through but time is limited now. We need to get back into the CL as soon as we can.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:46 PM #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarryn View Post
I totally agree that our options are limited with no CL this coming season.
Southampton are being raided by other PL clubs right now & I don't blame them for wanting the maximum amount for Shaw.
You are right LVG is no Sir Alex, he was a one-off but I think LVG has been given the job as he has the pulling power that Moyes did not. Players will want to come to us as he is our manager.
We had an awful season & it was not just the placing which was bad it was the lack of passion from our players & such negative football.
I think Chelsea & City are almost certain to battle it out for the title next season but after that it's pretty open.
Arsenal fell apart, Everton improved under Martinez & Liverpool may have had one great season as they did not have to concern themselves with the CL.
Spurs will also be interesting with their new young manager. I think Pochettino could be a real find for them.
The only thing that bothers me if we do get Shaw is the message it is sending out to the other players at the club. Such huge wages.
Rooney held us to ransom. Others may try to do so.
LVG has a big job on his hands. I'm happy Giggs has stayed. He may be really important.
I would love to see our youth come through but time is limited now. We need to get back into the CL as soon as we can.

Man U need to get back to CL as soon as they can? NO! Man U need to get back in CL at the end of this new season!! 2 seasons out an Man U will lose anything they had. Aston Villa were a big club...once.

The thing is, a (foreign) player with ambition and drive will not forgo CL to join Man U unless it's for a huge wage, playing for greed for more cash. An ambitious young player now wants CL and an old pro wants CL as they may never have the chance again. DE Gaal as great as he is is not a draw for the new generation of players as there is no guarantee he won't falter in his first season in EPL (e.g. Pep G ultimately wasn't 100% successful with tika takka at Bayern in CL).

If Man U want better value than Shaw they have to look in the less sexier leagues like the Seria A, French Division 1 or Dutch.

Man U are in same boat as AC Milan - a big club with some star players who have had their worst season in decades and won't be in Europe next season. If players don't want to join AC then they won't want to join Man U. Tricky times for Man U used to the world's best selling their grannies to arrive at Old Trafford face rejection.

The very best will join Chelsea, City, Barcelona, PSG even Arsenal. Only SAF returning would entice the best. Man U should just settle for plucky enthusiasts and chancers like Shaw until they return to CL. Shaw is savvy, he knows full well he would never be good enough to have caught SAF's attention 2 or 3 years ago if he was this age then. But Man U are a bit vulnerable nowadays, he sniffs an opportunity as Shaw shows "promise" and is probably the best LB who would join Man U therefore he can command a larger wage than he really deserves. Shows you how far Man U have fallen, they are beneath Arsenal and possibly Everton on the transfee desirability scale now. Being the biggest club in UK means nowt without results. If it's any comfort Arsenal will fall from grace soon, too.

Last edited by alex_front2; 10-06-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:05 AM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I know a lot of fans have loved watching the downfall of Man U. I was the same when it happened to Liverpool.
If it can happen to us it can happen to anyone.
But last season was a perfect storm waiting to happen.
Sir Alex leaving, Moyes arriving. Getting rid of the back room staff. Gill leaving & incapable Woodward taking charge. The Rooney situation.
But it's just one really bad season. If this time next year nothing has changed then it's time to panic.
We are still a big club who two seasons ago won the PL by a massive gap.
Others improved, we did not.
Money talks. Sad to say but if you throw enough money at a player they will come to play for you.
Look at Man City before they won the PL a few seasons ago.
I'm going to hold my judgement of the true state of Man U until LVG has been given time.
Old 22-06-2014, 07:28 PM #34

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...World-Cup.html

**breaking news****

Apparently Man U has gone tbrough acording several twitter sources of varying credibility.

Last edited by alex_front2; 23-06-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old 23-06-2014, 12:12 AM #35
-

-

Is her twin Jessie J?

Last edited by Ryan57; 23-06-2014 at 12:13 AM.
Ryan57 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-06-2014, 06:34 AM #36

I knew it was only a matter of time before a LS sex story would emerge. Tabloids have wanted it for ages: most of other players seem boring and shockingly happily married, coupled. They desperately need a blue eyed poster boy type to write about. LS is 18, and despite being handsome, has no wag or girl lurking about so I see no real scandal.
Old 26-06-2014, 08:33 PM #37

http://abload.de/img/woodymuk6o.gif

Looks like LS has gone for £34m to MU, along with Herrera
Old 27-06-2014, 04:09 AM #38

Favourites:
BB15: Ashleigh

Favourites:
BB15: Ashleigh

Would prefer we sign Ricardo Rodriguez for half the price.
Achilles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 06:33 PM #39

https://mobile.twitter.com/TransferS...992449/photo/1

LS Man U TV interview

Ricardo Rodriguez is not a big enough "name" to quench most Man U fans thirst for a "comeback" and keep these fans off much criticised Woodward's back. Plus did he play in WC for Switzerland in 5 - 2 game against France?

Last edited by alex_front2; 27-06-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 27-06-2014, 07:23 PM #40
-

-

Luke Shaw being more of a known name over here will of had nothing to do with the deal.

Last edited by Ryan57; 27-06-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Ryan57 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 07:52 PM #41
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):
BB17: Chelsea
I'maCeleb2015: Jorgie Porter

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):
BB17: Chelsea
I'maCeleb2015: Jorgie Porter

At least we will now have a starting left back who can bother to run back and defend that said would have preferred Blind with money in mind

Sig stretching forum, fix it.
Legend killer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2014, 12:05 AM #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend killer View Post
At least we will now have a starting left back who can bother to run back and defend that said would have preferred Blind with money in mind
I am fed up with these attacking full backs malarky that the likes of de gaal love. I just want defenders who can defend very well, but it feels that that's not enough and going forward is the priority over defending. LS = great going forward, average defending.
Old 23-07-2014, 07:56 PM #43

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2...r-united-move/

Interview ahead of debut v La Galaxy
Old 10-08-2014, 09:03 PM #44

http://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/w...lingham-dating

Blimey, the tabloids seem to be persuing LS's private life at the mo. Got a feeling he's going to be in loads of kissn tell, lap dancer, "love rat", womaniser, shagging loads of women non football related stories. I know footballers shag hot women but LS is doing really well for himself

Last edited by alex_front2; 10-08-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
haw, luke s, saga, transfer