Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 28-06-2014, 03:24 PM #26

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal View Post
Well you see when a man and a woman love each other very very much...
I know all that Verbs,I just wouldn't pay money to see anyone stripMen have willies ,ladies have foo foos,I don't need to be shown

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2014, 03:27 PM #27
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Mars III View Post
Not really. It's a great job for a male or female who wants to make money while going to school (for example) . You make a hell of a lot more money than working at Burger King.
I'd rather do what I've done for the past 2 and a half years than dance around a pole
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2014, 03:33 PM #28
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel. View Post
Do you think stripping is viewed as a respectable job would have been a more fitting question
Perhaps in a top gig in LOndon but mainly no
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2014, 03:40 PM #29
0_o

0_o

Don't see it as much different to prostitution really. And neither I have a problem with, its their life.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2014, 03:44 PM #30
Banned

Banned

I think it depends on what kind of stripper they want to be and where they want to work. Some places are more respectable than others and Pole Dancing is seen as a bit of an art form these days in comparison to say, someone that works in a private booth.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2014, 04:04 PM #31

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Any job is respectable..as long as it is honest.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2014, 04:05 PM #32

Favourites:
BBUSA22: Janelle

Favourites:
BBUSA22: Janelle

**** yes, they make a lot of money. Nothing to be ashamed of.
Firewire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2014, 05:48 PM #33
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

I see it as more cool than respectable. They live the life and get decent money for it. Good on them. Strippers are usually quite switched on and know what they're doing.
Old 28-06-2014, 05:55 PM #34
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

They can make crazy money and if they are brave/desperate enough to do so then I have no problem with it... At least they actually have a job
Old 29-06-2014, 04:17 AM #35

Favourites:
BB15: Ashleigh

Favourites:

I have huge respect for all women who work in the sex industry, not just strippers. There is no reason for me to disrespect them at all. If they enjoyed killing people, stealing from people, lying to people etc then I would have no respect for them. If they enjoy making me and other men (and women) aroused, that deserves respect because it is a nice thing to do and not a nasty or evil thing to do. So as long as they don't go from working in sex industry to being a politician or banker, I respect them all.
I will never jump on the war and violence is good and sex is bad bandwagon. I like the sex is good and war and violence is bad bandwagon.

Last edited by Achilles; 29-06-2014 at 04:19 AM.
Achilles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2014, 04:26 AM #36
Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Locke.

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Paul Danan

Never been to a strip club when the stripper hasn't tried to take it further than just stripping for extra cash with either me or one of my friends. So no, not respectable at all in that sense.
Locke. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2014, 09:16 AM #37
-

-

If I was an attractive young female and I was being offered good money for it then I'd be straight on that pole. And if there are any ladies (or screw it... Men too!) who would like to give me money to get it all out then by all means, get out your chequebooks!

There's nothing "respectable" about minimum wage slog, despite what your grandparents might tell you. Hard graft for low pay isn't "honest", it's being exploited and trodden on... Anyone who does it long term and claims that their self respect hasn't been eroded is straight up lying. So what difference does it make, really, if stripping is "respectable" or not?

I also don't think it's really in the same ballpark as prostitution... Unless it's a seedy venue offering "extras".

That said, I don't particularly understand men who go to see strippers... Simple, drooling creatures. I mean yes, OK, we all like to see naked girls, it's not like I don't see the appeal there, but paying for it? Err... No thanks. A bit desperate, surely?

So I'd BE a stripper, but I wouldn't pay to see one. I guess, then, I think it's respectable to be paid to strip but not particularly respectable to be a punter.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2014, 09:29 AM #38

Do I think it's respectable? Not at all. It's not a job I would be proud of.

To the ones that do it...If they can do it as a living and continue to be happy with themselves, wake up every morning and not have regrets about then fair play to them.

It's a very sleazy industry though IMO.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2014, 09:32 AM #39

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Strippers are human beings as well!!!!
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2014, 09:40 AM #40
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
Do I think it's respectable? Not at all. It's not a job I would be proud of.

To the ones that do it...If they can do it as a living and continue to be happy with themselves, wake up every morning and not have regrets about then fair play to them.

It's a very sleazy industry though IMO.
This is my point though... There are so many "legitimate" jobs that it would be a push to be "proud" to have. I'm not "proud" of my job, at a management level in a large UK+ wide company. It's not where I saw myself when I was studying (... Lol...) at University and it's not what I dreamed of as a child. I don't particularly like it at all. But, it's just a job. And many industries are very sleazy.

So, obviously it's no one's dream profession, but my question would be... If you can't be doing what you WOULD be proud of, is stripping any worse? And what if the stripping is to pay towards eventually getting into that dream career? What if that would be impossible on minimum wage slog (very probable)? I don't see how it's more respectful to demote yourself to a wage slave cog, forever, than to strip for 5 years to get into a career you actually want...

Like I said, there is NOTHING respectable about permanent low wage slog for big companies. Nothing at all.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2014, 09:42 AM #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel. View Post
Do you think stripping is viewed as a respectable job would have been a more fitting question
Just noticed this other question..

I think it's viewed by a lot of people as being, degrading, sleazy, dirty so no I don't think it's seen as a respectable job.

Some strippers are ashamed of what they do and won't actually admit to that being their job, it could possibly have negative affects on future careers too I suppose?

And it's all good and well saying they make great money, sadly for a lot of strippers the job also has very negative impacts on their lives.

I don't think it does any good for women, I'm not one that believes the 'empowerment' arguments either.
Old 29-06-2014, 09:55 AM #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
This is my point though... There are so many "legitimate" jobs that it would be a push to be "proud" to have. I'm not "proud" of my job, at a management level in a large UK+ wide company. It's not where I saw myself when I was studying (... Lol...) at University and it's not what I dreamed of as a child. I don't particularly like it at all. But, it's just a job. And many industries are very sleazy.

So, obviously it's no one's dream profession, but my question would be... If you can't be doing what you WOULD be proud of, is stripping any worse? And what if the stripping is to pay towards eventually getting into that dream career? What if that would be impossible on minimum wage slog (very probable)? I don't see how it's more respectful to demote yourself to a wage slave cog, forever, than to strip for 5 years to get into a career you actually want...

Like I said, there is NOTHING respectable about permanent low wage slog for big companies. Nothing at all.
That's all fair enough points but the OP is specifically asking about stripping, not if working the till at the local chippy or working at a low paid management level in a fast food outlet etc is seen as a respectable job.

Of course a lot of people wont be proud of the jobs they are in but then theres also a lot of people that are very proud of the hard work they do regardless of their position/job.
Old 29-06-2014, 10:18 AM #43
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I think it's viewed by a lot of people as being, degrading, sleazy, dirty so no I don't think it's seen as a respectable job.

Some strippers are ashamed of what they do and won't actually admit to that being their job, it could possibly have negative affects on future careers too I suppose?

And it's all good and well saying they make great money, sadly for a lot of strippers the job also has very negative impacts on their lives.

I don't think it does any good for women, I'm not one that believes the 'empowerment' arguments either.
Well said
Old 29-06-2014, 10:28 AM #44
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G

I do agree that we shouldn't romanticise stripping or make it out to be that desirable a job, I remember watching a documentary C4 did on strippers a while back and a lot of them didn't like it, mainly because the hours are awful and I think they don't generally get paid by the club, all their money is from the dances they earn themselves so some nights they could work for hours and not get much money at all. And there's the obvious issue that some don't feel that comfortable with the nature of the job. Then you get different levels of stripping as well, a girl working somewhere like Stringfellows is obviously going to be in a better position than someone working in a dodgy back street joint on a weekday night.

But yeah, I don't think it's inherently a respectable job or an unrespectable one, its the sort of thing thats hard to make blanket statements about because experiences can be so varied
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2014, 12:25 PM #45
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
I have huge respect for all women who work in the sex industry, not just strippers. There is no reason for me to disrespect them at all. If they enjoyed killing people, stealing from people, lying to people etc then I would have no respect for them. If they enjoy making me and other men (and women) aroused, that deserves respect because it is a nice thing to do and not a nasty or evil thing to do. So as long as they don't go from working in sex industry to being a politician or banker, I respect them all.
I will never jump on the war and violence is good and sex is bad bandwagon. I like the sex is good and war and violence is bad bandwagon.
So as long as you see them only as a walking fanny then?

The issue I have is the idea of people as a disposable commodity and dehumanised, the sex industry has a rotten core and is rife with violence and exploitation.

With regard to stripping/dancing I don't have as much of an issue funnily providing she came to it of her own volition, as there's no physical contact.

Last edited by Kizzy; 29-06-2014 at 12:32 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2014, 02:01 PM #46
You know my methods

You know my methods

I spent a fortune in Stringfellows in London in the late 90s (with clients before anyone starts)

The girls in there were seriously hot and well paid
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:39 PM #47

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
So as long as you see them only as a walking fanny then?

The issue I have is the idea of people as a disposable commodity and dehumanised, the sex industry has a rotten core and is rife with violence and exploitation.

With regard to stripping/dancing I don't have as much of an issue funnily providing she came to it of her own volition, as there's no physical contact.
We are sexual beings. Having sex does not dehumanize anyone. Looking at a man or a woman and wanting to have sex with them does not dehumanize either. War and violence dehumanizes and treats people as a disposable commodity, not sex. Looking at a man or a woman and wanting to kill them or be violent towards them dehumanizes that person.
Achilles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:44 PM #48

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Yes , and there is always that wifey /hubby who is left at home while hubby/wifey Is out ogling , cant be nice for her/him, and can cause problems in relationships , so no it's not a job I'de be proud of.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:58 PM #49
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
We are sexual beings. Having sex does not dehumanize anyone. Looking at a man or a woman and wanting to have sex with them does not dehumanize either. War and violence dehumanizes and treats people as a disposable commodity, not sex. Looking at a man or a woman and wanting to kill them or be violent towards them dehumanizes that person.
I didn't say sex dehumanized anyone did I?....

My comment was on the dark underbelly of the sex industry and the attitudes of some to those who work within it.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
job, respectable, stripper