Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB15 Big Brother 15 - aka Big Brother: Power Trip. The launch date was Thursday 5th June 2014. Discuss the series won by Helen Wood here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 18-07-2014, 11:26 PM #1

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Frankie Dettori
CBB 10: Martin Kemp

Favourites (more):
Default My thoughts on tonight's joke of a show

All this series people on here and on Twitter have been moaning about Big Brother. And to be honest, I've thought this series was one of the best; no live feed, etc. aside.

However, after tonight I am seriously pissed off. I'm probably going to come across as some sad, no-lifer, who's way to "involved" in Big Brother, and to be honest, I probably am.

Anyway, firstly, the announcement that Kimberly was immune from eviction as she was "ill". Fair enough, if she had to leave the house due to illness; that's happened before, most recently in January with Sam I believe. However, the fact that she was immune from eviction is a joke, a total mockery. One wonders if it had been the public voting, would she have been immune. One fears yes, unfortunately.

I just hope that if Kimberly is so ill, that she doesn't return straight away to the house; if she is back within the next 2 days, then it is clear she wasn't so ill as not to be there. And if she is gone for any longer than 4 days or so, then would it not have made sense to let her be evicted tonight, and maybe just give us live feed for 20 minutes instead of her interview, or maybe even have a decent interview with a housemate for a change; Biannca I'm referring to here.

But maybe it doesn't matter, some people might think; there's over ten people in there, what are the odds she would have gone anyway? Well as it turned out she was ripe for the picking; as Biannca revealed on Bit On The Side that Kimberly was their choice. However, she then had to leave from this "ilness." Then it was Ashleigh who was to be booted out, but that changed to Danielle. Note how Rylan kept going on about Pav and Zoe's change of mind from Ashleigh to Danielle and not one word about Kimberly.

So fair enough, they've ****ed that up; that's surely tonight's obligatory balls up over and done with.

But no, one of the best (even if disliked) housemates then gets evicted (and not even by the public). Well, I thought, at least the interview will be good and we'll get to see who the real Danielle is, and how she reacts to the tough questions on both the main show and BOTS.

Did those questions come? No. Was I surprised? No, not really.

The best we got with Emma was "Did we see the real you?" and a few questions skirting the subject of glamour modelling. OK, maybe they don't want to go into the nitty gritty or show the images we've all seen on Twitter, in the Star, etc. on the main show. They're probably saving it for BOTS and hoping for a ratings boost.

Onto Bit On The Side, and the first half of the show is frittered away on Biannca's breats and vagina, and Stephen's "presenting." So we arrive at part three, about 20 minutes of show time left; all ready for an in depth interview and we get? You guessed it, nothing! Rylan asked a few mundane questions about her time in the house, and then moved onto the standard "Did we see the real [housemate name] in the house?"

Did he go deeper? No, not really. He made it sound as if all Danielle had "not been totally honest" about was that she was a glamour model, who, in Danielle's words did "implied nudity" shoots. Even the rather tame picture of Danielle with the hotdogs, which has been shown to every other housemate was no where to be seen, never mind the types of images that have been on Twitter and the Daily Star.

So we got to the end of the interview and nothing really was revealed; we had no tough questions, nothing.

Finally, with about 3 minutes of air time left we came to the panel, half of which was about Biannca. Then, it came to the Birds Of A Feather actors who asked decent questions but Danielle's reluctance to answer coupled with Rylan interrupting and asking Danielle totally different questions revealed little.

Finally, we came to Dexter. "Here we go," I thought, "She'll do well to escape to this." Dexter, who has been on Twitter, and BOTS, for the last six weeks riling everyone up about Danielle, posting photos and revealing secrets finally had his chance to shine, to play his hand. Rylan told him to present his question, and what was Dexter's ace in the hole? "Did we see the real Danielle?," or something similarly mundane. I can't even remember his exact words now as I'm so píssed off. So yet again, Danielle got an easy question and with Rylan's escaped unscathed.

So, did Big Brother tell Dexter not to say too much, or did he just shít himself when the camera turned on him, as he did at the beginning of the show? The latter, I fear. Or maybe all the juicy details are being saved for Bit On The Psych on Saturday night? Doubtful. A more likely scenario is a few weeks of rubbish printed in the Daily Star, by which time no one will care anyway.

Big Brother began the week with a bang, and ended on a "ba, turn this rubbish off."

All in all, the fixed the eviction to save their beloved showmance, they got rid of one of the few truly intriguing housemates and then basically wánked all over the viewer's faces by not even asking the (wrongly evicted) evictee little of what the public wanted to know.

Sorry for the rant, but tonight has really annoyed me. I've been a huge Big Brother fan for years; others turned off when the show left Channel 4, some when there was no live feed on Channel 5, some when we got horrible edits, supposed show fixing with less than clear nomination rules. But tonight has really challenged my faith in Big Brother. I won't stop watching, in the hope that it improves, and as I said I still enjoy it for what it is.

But it is clear to see that Channel 5 no longer care for the show, and of course it's viewers. Its clear to see Desmond has no more interest in the show, with even the Daily Star complaining about it on Twitter now, when before they were a staunch defender.

So folks, if you managed to get through all of that, what are your opinions on tonight?
Old 18-07-2014, 11:31 PM #2

Favourites (more):
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman
I'maCeleb2013: David Emanuel

Favourites (more):
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman
I'maCeleb2013: David Emanuel

Well said
Old 18-07-2014, 11:34 PM #3

I agree...I'm not sure if the producers just don't care or they are thick. Really confused.
Scream is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2014, 11:39 PM #4

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jack
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jack
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

Impressed with your article. And i do mean article.
abhorson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2014, 11:39 PM #5

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Great rant, agree with it all
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2014, 11:51 PM #6

They employ inexperienced kids to work on the show and get freelance producers/directors to put it together rather than full time employees so its no real suprise what a shambles it has become.
The only real suprise is how badly it has lost its way and nothing has been done about it.

I kind of hope this series is a tipping point where they realise something has to change.

They are in full panic mode on the facebook page and have put all the comments from the 16th of june at the top of the page to hide what people are posting lower down the page.
https://www.facebook.com/BigBrotherUK?fref=ts

Last edited by billy123; 18-07-2014 at 11:56 PM.
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2014, 11:55 PM #7

Favourites:
BB15: Ashleigh

Favourites:
BB15: Ashleigh

I have never been so annoyed by BB as I was tonight , well said.

As soon as Emma said Kim was immune I knew she was the one the newbies had been planning to evict. I vote most weeks and have done for years, make's the evictions feel somehow more satisfying but I feel like the producers are taking the piss now and are purposely keeping their 'chosen' in regardless of how much the public dislike them

I can see the next few evictions being pretty much a merry-go-round of Pav,Ashleigh and Chris going up week after week until the couples are pretty much left to fill the finale roster. Sick of it.
Cheddarcakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2014, 11:56 PM #8
Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

oh my god it's so long. i'll have to save and read later
Old 18-07-2014, 11:58 PM #9

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhorson View Post
Impressed with your article. And i do mean article.
Haha, yeah, I kind of lost the run of myself haha. Didn't realise it was so long until I looked over it again
Old 19-07-2014, 12:00 AM #10

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddarcakes View Post
I have never been so annoyed by BB as I was tonight , well said.

As soon as Emma said Kim was immune I knew she was the one the newbies had been planning to evict. I vote most weeks and have done for years, make's the evictions feel somehow more satisfying but I feel like the producers are taking the piss now and are purposely keeping their 'chosen' in regardless of how much the public dislike them

I can see the next few evictions being pretty much a merry-go-round of Pav,Ashleigh and Chris going up week after week until the couples are pretty much left to fill the finale roster. Sick of it.
I wonder will it be a normal eviction next week - probably not, otherwise their showmance will be at an end anyway, with either Steven or Kimberly going. I wonder what they will come up with now to save the chosen ones....
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-07-2014, 11:42 AM #11

All I can say is I hope they NEVER do this twist again.
Although I'm glad Danielle went because her 'act' was doing me in...and we all know now it was an act...pointless and stupid IMO...BUT I did feel sorry for her going in that way. Whoever had gone I would have felt the same way (even angrier had it been Ashleigh or Christ) .
Whoever leaves should be a public vote...even Marlon was cheated although he would have gone anyway.
Danielle was cheated....

Don't ever let that happen again.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-07-2014, 12:50 PM #12

Ive read all you have wrote emmetmcl and agree with it all a great post.
Patricia4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-07-2014, 01:15 PM #13
Lynne

Favourites (more):
CBB17: David Gest
BB15: Chris
Lynne

Favourites (more):
CBB17: David Gest
BB15: Chris

Totally agree with you I'm getting thoroughly bored by it all now - from the moment Emma announced that Kim was immune it just shouted of fix and as for BBBOTS I haven't got enough energy to even bother - it was a complete let down imo.
Old 19-07-2014, 01:33 PM #14

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmetmcl View Post
All this series people on here and on Twitter have been moaning about Big Brother. And to be honest, I've thought this series was one of the best; no live feed, etc. aside.

However, after tonight I am seriously pissed off. I'm probably going to come across as some sad, no-lifer, who's way to "involved" in Big Brother, and to be honest, I probably am.

Anyway, firstly, the announcement that Kimberly was immune from eviction as she was "ill". Fair enough, if she had to leave the house due to illness; that's happened before, most recently in January with Sam I believe. However, the fact that she was immune from eviction is a joke, a total mockery. One wonders if it had been the public voting, would she have been immune. One fears yes, unfortunately.

I just hope that if Kimberly is so ill, that she doesn't return straight away to the house; if she is back within the next 2 days, then it is clear she wasn't so ill as not to be there. And if she is gone for any longer than 4 days or so, then would it not have made sense to let her be evicted tonight, and maybe just give us live feed for 20 minutes instead of her interview, or maybe even have a decent interview with a housemate for a change; Biannca I'm referring to here.

But maybe it doesn't matter, some people might think; there's over ten people in there, what are the odds she would have gone anyway? Well as it turned out she was ripe for the picking; as Biannca revealed on Bit On The Side that Kimberly was their choice. However, she then had to leave from this "ilness." Then it was Ashleigh who was to be booted out, but that changed to Danielle. Note how Rylan kept going on about Pav and Zoe's change of mind from Ashleigh to Danielle and not one word about Kimberly.

So fair enough, they've ****ed that up; that's surely tonight's obligatory balls up over and done with.

But no, one of the best (even if disliked) housemates then gets evicted (and not even by the public). Well, I thought, at least the interview will be good and we'll get to see who the real Danielle is, and how she reacts to the tough questions on both the main show and BOTS.

Did those questions come? No. Was I surprised? No, not really.

The best we got with Emma was "Did we see the real you?" and a few questions skirting the subject of glamour modelling. OK, maybe they don't want to go into the nitty gritty or show the images we've all seen on Twitter, in the Star, etc. on the main show. They're probably saving it for BOTS and hoping for a ratings boost.

Onto Bit On The Side, and the first half of the show is frittered away on Biannca's breats and vagina, and Stephen's "presenting." So we arrive at part three, about 20 minutes of show time left; all ready for an in depth interview and we get? You guessed it, nothing! Rylan asked a few mundane questions about her time in the house, and then moved onto the standard "Did we see the real [housemate name] in the house?"

Did he go deeper? No, not really. He made it sound as if all Danielle had "not been totally honest" about was that she was a glamour model, who, in Danielle's words did "implied nudity" shoots. Even the rather tame picture of Danielle with the hotdogs, which has been shown to every other housemate was no where to be seen, never mind the types of images that have been on Twitter and the Daily Star.

So we got to the end of the interview and nothing really was revealed; we had no tough questions, nothing.

Finally, with about 3 minutes of air time left we came to the panel, half of which was about Biannca. Then, it came to the Birds Of A Feather actors who asked decent questions but Danielle's reluctance to answer coupled with Rylan interrupting and asking Danielle totally different questions revealed little.

Finally, we came to Dexter. "Here we go," I thought, "She'll do well to escape to this." Dexter, who has been on Twitter, and BOTS, for the last six weeks riling everyone up about Danielle, posting photos and revealing secrets finally had his chance to shine, to play his hand. Rylan told him to present his question, and what was Dexter's ace in the hole? "Did we see the real Danielle?," or something similarly mundane. I can't even remember his exact words now as I'm so píssed off. So yet again, Danielle got an easy question and with Rylan's escaped unscathed.

So, did Big Brother tell Dexter not to say too much, or did he just shít himself when the camera turned on him, as he did at the beginning of the show? The latter, I fear. Or maybe all the juicy details are being saved for Bit On The Psych on Saturday night? Doubtful. A more likely scenario is a few weeks of rubbish printed in the Daily Star, by which time no one will care anyway.

Big Brother began the week with a bang, and ended on a "ba, turn this rubbish off."

All in all, the fixed the eviction to save their beloved showmance, they got rid of one of the few truly intriguing housemates and then basically wánked all over the viewer's faces by not even asking the (wrongly evicted) evictee little of what the public wanted to know.

Sorry for the rant, but tonight has really annoyed me. I've been a huge Big Brother fan for years; others turned off when the show left Channel 4, some when there was no live feed on Channel 5, some when we got horrible edits, supposed show fixing with less than clear nomination rules. But tonight has really challenged my faith in Big Brother. I won't stop watching, in the hope that it improves, and as I said I still enjoy it for what it is.

But it is clear to see that Channel 5 no longer care for the show, and of course it's viewers. Its clear to see Desmond has no more interest in the show, with even the Daily Star complaining about it on Twitter now, when before they were a staunch defender.

So folks, if you managed to get through all of that, what are your opinions on tonight?
I did read the whole article and agree the interview with Danielle was terrible they should have asked her why she was crying saying she had never heard language used before then used it herself, if she had really never shared a bed with a guy when she was dating Dextor for 2 months and I couldn't believe they never showed the glamour shots!

However the BB trying to save their showmance comment and implying that was a fix is totally untrue as we now know as Kimberlys left for good. I hate a conspiracy theory!

What made me laugh was how Rylan was like wiping his brow at the end of BOTS as if it was an explosive show, infact I think he used that term but infact it was below its usual standard. Rylan is usually a very good interviewer and I look forward to him on eviction nights.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 19-07-2014 at 01:36 PM.
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-07-2014, 01:40 PM #15

I agree with some of your points. This week started off so well and it just ended terribly. Losing Kimberly, Bianca, and Danielle? Three decent/strong female characters? Now that is what you call a DISASTER. Like you, I've been enjoying this season, but the producers keep making too many mistakes and it really didn't have to end up this way. For instance, even if Kim was ill, they should've cancelled at least one of the evictions. I mean what were they thinking? They knew there was a chance that she could be too ill to come back, right? Ugh I'll continue to watch, but I don't think the series will recover from this.
minny03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-07-2014, 02:00 PM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by minny03 View Post
I agree with some of your points. This week started off so well and it just ended terribly. Losing Kimberly, Bianca, and Danielle? Three decent/strong female characters? Now that is what you call a DISASTER. Like you, I've been enjoying this season, but the producers keep making too many mistakes and it really didn't have to end up this way. For instance, even if Kim was ill, they should've cancelled at least one of the evictions. I mean what were they thinking? They knew there was a chance that she could be too ill to come back, right? Ugh I'll continue to watch, but I don't think the series will recover from this.
Armaggedon? Is THAT all you've got, BB?
Marlon and Danielle out, Zoe and useless Pav in...big deal.
Biancca the nasty nymph lasted all of 5 minutes, and anyway turned out to be another Helen lover...
Kimberley has left because Steven made her ill presumably...he makes me sick too.
As for the others.....Helens' lot are nasty...t'other lot are dull. Can't see why people on here have fallen in lurve with Ashleigh just because she hates Helen/WANTS TO BE TOP DOG FEMALE HERSELF.....half the house hate Helen! They are still dullsville.
Anyway,small rant over...no wonder the viewing figures are falling through the floor.
As for Emma's questions...2 second Steve asked more pertinent 'chat show' questions, and he wasn't even trying!!
robb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
joke, show, thoughts, tonight