Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 14-08-2014, 06:09 AM #251
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
..if we still so much feel in shock how on earth do his loved ones and friends feel.....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2014, 12:15 PM #252

[Robin Williams fell off the wagon not long before
his suicide when he demanded real alcohol during
shooting of his failed TV series, insiders say.]

last year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...TV-series.html
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2014, 08:26 PM #253

Robin Williams Had Parkinson's Disease

Robin Williams was in the early stages
of Parkinson's disease before his death,
according to a statement released by his widow.

Susan Schneider said the actor
"was not yet ready to share publicly"
his struggles with the degenerative disease
as he also fought depression.

http://news.sky.com/story/1318797/ro...insons-disease
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 03:48 AM #254
User banned

User banned

poor guy
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 05:26 AM #255
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

“Years ago I learned a very cool thing about Robin Williams, and I couldn’t watch a movie of his afterward without thinking of it. I never actually booked Robin Williams for an event, but I came close enough that his office sent over his rider.

For those outside of the entertainment industry, a rider lists out an artist’s specific personal and technical needs for hosting them for an event- anything from bottled water and their green room to sound and lighting requirements. You can learn a lot about a person from their rider. This is where rocks bands list their requirement for green M&Ms (which is actually a surprisingly smart thing to do).

This is also where a famous environmentalist requires a large gas-guzzling private jet to fly to the event city, but then requires an electric or hybrid car to take said environmentalist to the event venue when in view of the public.

When I got Robin Williams’ rider, I was very surprised by what I found. He actually had a requirement that for every single event or film he did, the company hiring him also had to hire a certain number of homeless people and put them to work.

I never watched a Robin Williams movie the same way after that. I’m sure that on his own time and with his own money, he was working with these people in need, but he’d also decided to use his clout as an entertainer to make sure that production companies and event planners also learned the value of giving people a chance to work their way back.

I wonder how many production companies continued the practice into their next non-Robin Williams project, as well as how many people got a chance at a job and the pride of earning an income, even temporarily, from his actions.

He was a great multiplier of his impact. Let’s hope that impact lives on without him. Thanks, Robin Williams- not just for laughs, but also for a cool example.”

sauce: www.brianlord.org

TL;DR: Robin Williams wouldn't work on a film or event unless they employed some homeless people during it.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:17 AM #256
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

it's been a year now... I couldnt believe it when I saw. This still upsets me. I loved him as an actor.

Last edited by Ninastar; 11-08-2015 at 12:17 AM.
Ninastar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:16 AM #257

i just spent an hour reading this entire thread. sometimes it's good to just let yourself be sad nd get it out. Robin made me laugh and smile so much in his movies, but he also let's me cry and get out the sad stuff too.

Robin Williams was amazing. If there is a heaven i'd want to go to, you'll definitely be there man! Thanks for everything. I love you.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:25 AM #258
nope

nope

I still can't watch a film of his
Natalie. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 05:39 AM #259
-

-

This has been a year???

My God that's gone quick..
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 05:52 AM #260
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..no one who was loved so much by so many, whether they knew him personally or not can ever be gone.../he's always there...
Old 02-10-2016, 01:09 AM #261
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

His wife has penned an essay/article about his death: http://www.neurology.org/content/87/13/1308.full It's a tough read but worth sharing.

Quote:
In early May, the movie wrapped and he came home from Vancouver—like a 747 airplane coming in with no landing gear. I have since learned that people with LBD who are highly intelligent may appear to be okay for longer initially, but then, it is as though the dam suddenly breaks and they cannot hold it back anymore. In Robin's case, on top of being a genius, he was a Julliard-trained actor. I will never know the true depth of his suffering, nor just how hard he was fighting. But from where I stood, I saw the bravest man in the world playing the hardest role of his life.

Robin was losing his mind and he was aware of it. Can you imagine the pain he felt as he experienced himself disintegrating? And not from something he would ever know the name of, or understand? Neither he, nor anyone could stop it—no amount of intelligence or love could hold it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:32 AM #262
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

^Absolutely beautiful and heartbreaking. I had no idea that it wasnt just depression that killed him
Old 02-10-2016, 07:17 AM #263

There are many words now from the English vocabulary, which are so misused yet overused to describe even the most mundane of non 'Celebrities', that they have become meaningless in the true sense; 'Genius', 'Star', 'Giant', and 'Legend', are just a few.

Once in a while though, certain 'Celebrities' grace our screens or bless our music players, who truly deserve those descriptors.

Robin Williams is one.

There is no need for me to replicate all the kind words said about him since his so tragic passing or for me to eulogise about him - though I will anyway - only to say that, when it comes to 'Celebrities', sometimes, just sometimes, we 'ordinary' people, instinctively see through all the hype and P.R. 'spin', and see the real mortal behind the public persona.

We 'sense' the private kindness and caring, the generosity of spirit, we 'feel' the vulnerabilities behind the public 'confidence', we 'know' that behind the Hollywood 'Good Guy' image, is a genuinely real 'Good Guy'.

Robin Williams was one.

I grew up and grew old watching Robin Williams; from 'Mork and Mindy', I became a fan and loved the 'Comic' and the 'Actor', and as the years passed, I became a fan of the 'Man Behind The Mask' and loved him even more deeply.

No one 'really' passes, because while ever someone, somewhere, holds them in their hearts and memories, they live on.

With we mere mortals, that may be our own family members and small, circle of friends.

With 'Celebrities' who have passed, that is the tens of millions of people whose ordinary lives were 'lifted', 'transformed' for a few hours, by their talents.

Yet it is not the body of their work, no matter how high a quality it may be, that truly defines how a 'Star' is remembered, but the quality of the real human being behind that temporarily dazzling 'Starlight'.

It is only a matter of nanoseconds once some 'Stars' pass on, before their 'public personas' are being forever besmirched by media 'exposes' about often sordid and shocking 'real' selves - Cary Grant, Joan Crawford, and Rock Hudson spring to mind - but with the loving, caring, kind, and generous Robin Williams, we not only KNOW, that once Toto pulls that curtain back and exposes the Wizard, that we won't find any lesser mortal amplifying his voice and himself through any P.R. microphone, we will find just the same loving, caring, kind, and generous Robin Williams who we have grown to love.

R.I.P. Robin - a REAL Star, Legend, and human.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 02-10-2016 at 07:19 AM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:18 AM #264
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...what a relationship they seemed to have, their love and their friendship.....an I can relate to a lot of that sharing moments when your partner isn't always with you physically...

..it sounds like an awful disease, I'll have to read up on it..it's not something that I'm familiar with ..it seems often the way though that these things aren't always diagnosed or only after much time and it's that feeling for her of would it have made a difference/could he still be here......just so sad..he was such a huge heart, such a huge character.../so difficult to lose someone like that from your life...a really lovely lady to talk so openly about it, to try to help others.....

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
63, aged, apparent, committing, dies, robin, suicide, williams