Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB15 Big Brother 15 - aka Big Brother: Power Trip. The launch date was Thursday 5th June 2014. Discuss the series won by Helen Wood here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 13-08-2014, 12:56 PM #26
-

-

Ash on balance has been my favourite housemate, just not done enough to be the "winner" really. He reminds me a LOT of a guy a shared a house with for 3 years at Uni.

I think it's a shame that he didn't get to know everyone equally because of the "divide" and his strong friendship with Helen. To his credit, he seems to get on with everyone and everyone seems to like him (even Ashleigh, who really only took against him to get at Helen, because of Helen's immunity), and he's always been quick to say that he likes other housemates even when his friends have been saying otherwise... he doesn't play "follow the leader"... BUT I do think he's kept his distance from (or been kept at a distance by) some of the others because of "association". Which is a shame.

I disagree that he hasn't brought anything to the show, he's actually brought a sort of balance and down-to-earth fairness to the show, I think it would have been a complete mad-house without him and not in a good way. He's really come into his own in the last couple of weeks, IMO.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 13-08-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 12:57 PM #27

Favourites (more):
BB15: Helen
CBB 13: Jim Davidson

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
Ash has been the only housemate that's been consistent throughout the entire show, I personally have liked him since the beginning and think he is being himself in there, laid back, normal, easy going, can't be arsed with drama's and so on, he is just your typical guy, yeah he has had a few up's and downs like most of the hm's have but who wouldn't being chucked into a house with this lot? He is also one of the only hm's to have made some genuine friendships in there that I can see lasting when out of the house.

Some might describe him as boring and that's fair enough but I don't see it as that, he is what I have always liked in housemates during older BB's, my favourite BB is actually BB3 and that had a couple of hm's with the same laid back type of character as him, most seem to be under the impression that hm's need to be loud, upfront, in your face to be good hm's well I disagree with that, they get very annoying very fast and end up out the door ASASP (Toya, Pauline)

So yeah I don't think he is boring at all, I find him funny, nice, laid back and a pretty decent guy, he made a couple of mistakes with comments to Jale but he apologised about those and explained he meant no malice with them (Apart from the Maggot comment, he was a dick with that and I posted that on here but we all make mistakes), I find most of his hate to come from his association with Helen which is pretty unfair, we have seen him trying to shut her up a few times but failing and he mentioned the other night he is constantly trying to stop her from going off on one, oh and he also gets a lot of hate for being a model, funny that it's always females hating females that gets brought up but not the fact that guys hate 'nice looking' guys on BB.

He has no chance in winning but he definitely deserves his place in the final IMO.
I disagree with one point, I think he has a chance of winning if Helen doesnt get the top spot, if she goes out before the final 2, then all helen fans will vote Ash to win!
Old 13-08-2014, 01:00 PM #28

Quite nice but deadly dull
Anothercat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 01:02 PM #29

Quote:
Ash has been the only housemate that's been consistent throughout the entire show, I personally have liked him since the beginning and think he is being himself in there, laid back, normal, easy going, can't be arsed with drama's and so on, he is just your typical guy, yeah he has had a few up's and downs like most of the hm's have but who wouldn't being chucked into a house with this lot? He is also one of the only hm's to have made some genuine friendships in there that I can see lasting when out of the house.

Some might describe him as boring and that's fair enough but I don't see it as that, he is what I have always liked in housemates during older BB's, my favourite BB is actually BB3 and that had a couple of hm's with the same laid back type of character as him, most seem to be under the impression that hm's need to be loud, upfront, in your face to be good hm's well I disagree with that, they get very annoying very fast and end up out the door ASASP (Toya, Pauline)

So yeah I don't think he is boring at all, I find him funny, nice, laid back and a pretty decent guy, he made a couple of mistakes with comments to Jale but he apologised about those and explained he meant no malice with them (Apart from the Maggot comment, he was a dick with that and I posted that on here but we all make mistakes), I find most of his hate to come from his association with Helen which is pretty unfair, we have seen him trying to shut her up a few times but failing and he mentioned the other night he is constantly trying to stop her from going off on one, oh and he also gets a lot of hate for being a model, funny that it's always females hating females that gets brought up but not the fact that guys hate 'nice looking' guys on BB.

He has no chance in winning but he definitely deserves his place in the final IMO.

He hid behind Helens apron strings and others were afraid to challenge him. He was to content to let things go over him. The only good thing about him is his looks.....
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 01:10 PM #30
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry

If your name is Ash and you sit in the garden avoiding the **** that's going down and being quiet, he is labled boring, but if you are called Ashleigh doing the same thing but on the bed, you are called hero and nice girl, go figure.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 01:17 PM #31
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Would you care to elaborate on that?
I think calling Toya a prick and Jale a 'maggot' etc screams out and him not even starting fights/having a problem with the males of the house showed by not putting Marlon down to his face, only in the diary room. Then he learnt from the public reaction and 2 close evictions that the public didn't like that and went into the background and upped his showmance with Helen
Old 13-08-2014, 01:18 PM #32
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda123 View Post
I disagree with one point, I think he has a chance of winning if Helen doesnt get the top spot, if she goes out before the final 2, then all helen fans will vote Ash to win!
No ones votes between freezes though
Old 13-08-2014, 01:27 PM #33

Favourites (more):
BB15: Ashleigh
BB13: Lauren

Favourites (more):
BB15: Ashleigh
BB13: Lauren

There are parts to Ash that I like and there are parts that I really dislike.

He has a tendency to say stupid things, the Jale comment and his more recent one about "that Island" which p*ssed me off.

Other than that, he's a relaxed guy. Is to be able to get on with people and gets 100% involved with the tasks. I think he could have been a better HM. He has enough mischief in him to be interesting. But he seemed to get stuck in a rut. If the tasks had been more challenging I think he would have shined.
Old 13-08-2014, 01:33 PM #34

Quote:

pretty much, like i said in another thread i think its projection by some posters here, however still no fan of ash (sorry).
Lstan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 01:36 PM #35

I like Ash and have done from the beginning. He reminds me of a lot of people I know. He occasionally speaks before he thinks - the Jale comment an example- but who doesn't. I would have called Toya a prick for the way she started shouting in that argument. He's laid back and doesn't let an awful lot get to him...not sure if he is a winner but he's a deserved finalist.
Old 13-08-2014, 03:01 PM #36
User banned

Favourites (more):
CBB14: James
BB15: Matthew
User banned

Favourites (more):

what about when he called jale a 'maggot' and was aggressive whilst speaking to matthew? they've all had their ups and downs in there and good and bad moments in my opinion, ash is no exception.
Sophiee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 03:20 PM #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
I like Ash and have done from the beginning. He reminds me of a lot of people I know. He occasionally speaks before he thinks - the Jale comment an example- but who doesn't. I would have called Toya a prick for the way she started shouting in that argument. He's laid back and doesn't let an awful lot get to him...not sure if he is a winner but he's a deserved finalist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiee View Post
what about when he called jale a 'maggot' and was aggressive whilst speaking to matthew? they've all had their ups and downs in there and good and bad moments in my opinion, ash is no exception.
I mentioned in my OP my thoughts on when he called Jale a maggot.

I disagree he was aggressive with Matthew tbh, he backed Helen up yes but he wasn't what I would describe as aggressive in the slightest.

Last edited by Josy; 13-08-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 03:24 PM #38
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

Consistently boring for me, all he's done is get angry a few times and wedge himself up Helen's backside all series.

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 03:29 PM #39

I like Ash, yes said something not nice to Jale early on but in general a laid back guy who likes to have a laugh.
Old 13-08-2014, 03:51 PM #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
I like Ash, yes said something not nice to Jale early on but in general a laid back guy who likes to have a laugh.
Yes about other people - usually ones Pendle Wood ain't keen on - funny that eh
hijaxers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 04:04 PM #41

I agree 70 days in and still boring .Never mind just read a tweet that he's thinking of wearing a roll neck for his eviction...exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.52pm: Ash is wondering whether or not to wear a roll neck on eviction night

Last edited by erinp5; 13-08-2014 at 04:07 PM.
erinp5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 04:10 PM #42
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I disagree he was aggressive with Matthew tbh, he backed Helen up yes but he wasn't what I would describe as aggressive in the slightest.
I would say that saying 'I'll **** you up' is a form of aggressive speaking. it sounds much like a threat, whether he meant it or not.
Sophiee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 04:13 PM #43

I also think that Ash has been about as interesting as the border around wallpaper
hijaxers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 04:17 PM #44
mizzy25

mizzy25

ash is my fave
mizzy25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 04:17 PM #45
Wanderer

Favourites (more):
BB16: Chloe
CBB15: Cami Li
Wanderer

Favourites (more):
BB16: Chloe
CBB15: Cami Li

Fantastic housemate
Creggle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 04:22 PM #46

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Quote:

Helen gets called to the diary room after aggressively ranting in Matthews face.

Matthew - "I'm not gonna let someone stand here and talk **** about me."

Ash - "I know Matthew but if you call my friends that deep <whatever that means> i'll tear you apart.....long pause while he realises he sounds like a ****... I don't mean literally I mean lyrically."

What he said was quite aggressive.

Last edited by MrWong; 13-08-2014 at 04:23 PM.
MrWong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 04:24 PM #47

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:

You never know Josy,he might be that dark horse and I agree he has been a good housemate,like him a lot

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 04:33 PM #48
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:
BB12: Aaron
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:
BB12: Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petemitch View Post
I think calling Toya a prick ......

Sorry but who didn't think Toya was a prick?

Hats off to him for telling her, I say!
Marmalite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 04:42 PM #49

Annoyingly, I can see Ash-face placing higher than bottom 2.

He'll inherit a lot of Winston's phenomenal fan-base. And before anyone says 'but Winston doesn't have many fans or he'd still be in, remember he went out on vote to evict so his fans had to vote elsewhere but were caught unawares. And that their Winston chanting in the crowd revealed his popularity which was warning sign to his rivals fans to vote him out.

Last edited by alex_front2; 13-08-2014 at 04:44 PM.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 05:27 PM #50

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
Consistently boring and irrelevant IMO
and still there, having fun and keeping it real lol