Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB15 Big Brother 15 - aka Big Brother: Power Trip. The launch date was Thursday 5th June 2014. Discuss the series won by Helen Wood here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 19-08-2014, 10:44 AM #1

Default I didn't know her agent part owned Channel 5

Is it true that Helen's agent part-owns Channel 5? If so, that explains the favouritism she received.
beardedbloke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 10:46 AM #2
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

She is somehow linked to the owner of Channel 5
Old 19-08-2014, 10:48 AM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petemitch View Post
She is somehow linked to the owner of Channel 5
That explains it then doesn't it? She had so much help from behind the scenes.
Old 19-08-2014, 10:52 AM #4
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

She didn't seem to get that much help from what I was watching I have to say. Other than the pass which was given the 2nd day into the series,not by BB but by Pauline so no favouritism there either as to her,other than Pauline connected with her right off.

Last edited by joeysteele; 19-08-2014 at 03:35 PM.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 11:04 AM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
She didn't seem to get that much help from what I was watching I have to say. Other than the pass which was gien the 2nd day into the series,not by BB but by Pauline so no favouritism there either as to her,other than Pauline connected with her right off.
Joey, people are so easily and subconsciously manipulated. That's why advertising is a multi-billion pound industry. It works.

Freud's nephew Berneys has been credited with being one of the most influential social manipulators, shaping society and its views and beliefs in such subtle ways, that the public don't even know that their opinions are being shaped in a particular way.

It's pretty deep and scarey really, because we are all vulnerable to this, without being aware.

Believe me, I could pick up many of the things that Big Brother did to enhance Helen, to create a perception that would tweat the publics emotions.

Now I find out she's somehow connected to the owner of Channel 5, it makes perfect sense.
Old 19-08-2014, 03:33 PM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardedbloke View Post
Joey, people are so easily and subconsciously manipulated. That's why advertising is a multi-billion pound industry. It works.

Freud's nephew Berneys has been credited with being one of the most influential social manipulators, shaping society and its views and beliefs in such subtle ways, that the public don't even know that their opinions are being shaped in a particular way.

It's pretty deep and scarey really, because we are all vulnerable to this, without being aware.

Believe me, I could pick up many of the things that Big Brother did to enhance Helen, to create a perception that would tweat the publics emotions.

Now I find out she's somehow connected to the owner of Channel 5, it makes perfect sense.

Oh dear, are you saying that the voting was rigged for the final but not when Winston was mysteriously evicted?

You are dealing with random Maths, if the voting wasn't rigged then how could they ever know that she- Helen - {their woman} was going to end up victorious?

I'd rather think that the British public aren't as gullible as these TV producers would like to think we are and could see through the editing, could also see that for Helen to be arguing in such a manner that there were large chunks of footage edited out.

She was always the most real housemate and told it as it was, all of the time. If she did her bitching it was more of a response rather than in a corner somewhere or in a diary room trying to fool the public. I do think there was a change in her and a genuine one at that. Not in her personality but how she reacted to people pressing her buttons all of the time. Christ, there were some odious people in that house, Toya, Mathew ( a hater of fellow human beings) Chris, { as sly as they come and a real agitator but did it in such an innocuous way that it was passed off as something else} Ashliegh was the most niave fool in there and of course at 18, you cannot really pass too a harsh judgement on her, she really did reach out to all the wrong people. In short, she threw Ł100k away, as I have said previously if she had demonstrated just 5% of the joi de vie that we witnessed when she left the house, inside, she would have had a landslide victory.

She was used by others and allowed herself to be drawn in by the 'haters' the 'oxygen thieves' of life to a world of bitter finger pointing and tongue wagging.

I just hope the latter has learnt a very important lesson in life, to stand on her own two feet and take the centre ground and not to recede into the murky shadows where the ne'er do wells lurk.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 03:38 PM #7
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardedbloke View Post

Well they did a pretty bad job of it if they did as they showed almost all her bad side for weeks on end.
I still say too that the final twist of selecting her to be the first evicted housemate in the last few days was a further attempt to get her to explode,likely at Ashleigh, on her return to the house.

Thread after thread on here was condemning her behaviour as shown on the highlights night after night, that doesn't sound like positive editing in any way for me.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 03:39 PM #8

Most of the housemates are signed to it.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 03:59 PM #9

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Its not just Helen who is signed to the agency its most of the others aswell.

They probably all were when they entered the house so Richard Desmond who owns the agency can have exclusive access to them for interviews and cross promo in his publications.

I think this is the 50th time ive had to explain this now yet people only pick out Helen as the one who's signed to the agency so they can cry fix.

If you're saying BB producers can so easily manipulate the way the viewers think surely they would not hate her as a winner they would be bowled over by a clever edit to show her as an adorable girl.

That hasn't happened they showed Helen in the worst possible light lol all the funny stuff she got up to which was shown on youtube never even made the final edit.

I don't think this topic will ever go away unfortunately even when Viacoms take over is complete that agency will have no affiliation with Channel 5 whatsoever.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 19-08-2014 at 04:01 PM.
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
agent, channel 5, helen, owned, part