Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Music This forum is for discussing artists, singles, albums, the charts and anything music-related.

Old 23-08-2014, 04:01 AM #1

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Kiefer
RPDR UK 2: Ginny Lemon

Favourites (more):
Default Fantastic new Kate Bush Documentary on last night!!!

I imagine there are a few other Kate Bush fans on here so i thought i'd give this fantastic documentary about the living Goddess that was on BBC4 last night a shout out!!!
Wasn't quite sure where to put this but in the end i thought that the Music section is more appropriate than the TV section being as Kate is one of the greatest Musicians to ever live!

I didn't even know this was coming on and only caught it by pure chance and i'm so glad i did. I enjoyed it so much and it just reminded me (not that i could ever forget) just what a brilliant musician and extraordinary person she truly is.
I've been a huuuuuuuuge fan of hers ever since first hearing Wuthering Heights when it was first released back in '78!!! I was both enthralled and a bit confused by her mesmerizing voice at first but was instantly hooked and have loved her and her work ever since. In my opinion she is totally unique and there has been nobody else like her before or since she emerged onto the music scene. She's definitely in my top 5 favorite musicians ever and i don't think there's a musician alive that will ever equal her talent or the body of work she's created so far in her lifetime!!! What a simply astounding woman!!!!!!!

Anyway, if you missed it and want to see it it's already available on the BBC iPlayer here;

The Kate Bush Story: RUNNING UP THAT HILL

I'll try and get another non-Regionally limited link posted once someone's uploaded it so that non-UK residents can watch it as well.

It's a great overall documentary which tells the story of her career so far and has some wonderful clips of rare interviews, performances and much more of Kate plus there was some great little new interview clips of celebrity/musician fans talking about the way they've been influenced or affected by Kate and her music. Really great stuff especially if you love her and her music as much as i do or even if you aren't that familiar with her and you want to learn a bit more about her and get a taster of her stunningly good music.

I enjoyed it so much i'm gonna' watch it again right now on the iPlayer!!!

There was a great show on straight after it too called 'Kate Bush at The BBC' featuring loads of appearances she's made performing her songs on different BBC TV Shows. Here's a link to that one if anyone wants to watch it;

KATE BUSH at The BBC

Hope anyone interested enjoys the documentary!!!!!
JTM45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 04:02 AM #2
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Thanks will watch this soon
Old 24-08-2014, 03:16 AM #3

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Thanks will watch this soon
You're welcome!
It really was a great documentary. The majority of 'music' that's churned out and gobbled up by people that think what comes out of the X-Factor is actually music is just so awful and when you listen to someone like Kate Bush it's a reminder of just how bad 99.99% of 'music' that's shat out these days really is!

There are still youngsters that know what real music is but they're getting rarer by the minute. Most of them are far more concerned about what the fake people fronting the rubbish that is sold as music look like than whether they have any actual musical talent, 'One Direction' being probably the worst example of this!
JTM45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bush, documentary, fantastic, kate, night