Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 26-08-2014, 12:28 AM #76
Grumpy Old Northern Git

Grumpy Old Northern Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodog View Post
He would be a damn cool and interesting Granddad. I'd love to hang out with him.
Only to chat about his career (he did a cameo of one of his threatening roles in tonight's show that was quite scary and fascinating)...once he started lapsing into '32 past lives' I would make a sharp exit
fredmeneedle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 12:29 AM #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodog View Post
He would be a damn cool and interesting Granddad. I'd love to hang out with him.
Ha ha me to, I think we need to look at his vts and see his social skills in dealing with the disabled through brain injuries, his empathy with those less fortunate than himself because he has overcome. His charity work, his interviews....
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 12:29 AM #78

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin
CBB14: Gary

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin
CBB14: Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmeneedle View Post
@ Pincho Paxton....if you think you will assume the debating skills of Jeremy by adopting his surname then you need to reassess... highlighting my sentence saying "there IS no answer and never will be..." and then saying that "you claim to have answers that I have bolded..." is crass daftness.
You have an answer that you know there is no answer. It has the same probability as a real answer.
Old 26-08-2014, 12:30 AM #79
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiee View Post
I find it ironic that everybody says james is deluded but this guy is 10x worse. I don't even have a clue what he was going on about .
james is a shallow ignorant fool, when gary refused to argue and instead choose to discuss and debate subject sin depth, james was finished and resorted to saying he was brad pitt of the dance world. what an embarassing shallow prat. sorry but anyone who looks up to such a prat probably has similarly shallow views and beliefs and will of course be lost at sea when listening to the deep complex wisdom of the legend that is, the busey.
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 12:31 AM #80

Quote:
Only to chat about his career (he did a cameo of one of his threatening roles in tonight's show that was quite scary and fascinating)...once he started lapsing into '32 past lives' I would make a sharp exit

Who knows we may have been in those past lives.....
Old 26-08-2014, 12:32 AM #81
User banned

User banned

Quote:
wait a sec before you impatiently abscond from tales of past life regression. i was zippy in the 19th century and you were bungle.
Old 26-08-2014, 12:33 AM #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
james is a shallow ignorant fool, when gary refused to argue and instead choose to discuss and debate subject sin depth, james was finished and resorted to saying he was brad pitt of the dance world. what an embarassing shallow prat. sorry but anyone who looks up to such a prat probably has similarly shallow views and beliefs and will of course be lost at sea when listening to the deep complex wisdom of the legend that is, the busey.
This is what I cannot understand about him and Leslie, yes why not debate....
Old 26-08-2014, 12:35 AM #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
wait a sec before you impatiently abscond from tales of past life regression. i was zippy in the 19th century and you were bungle.
Well folk I have enjoyed this discussion tonight but my bed is calling, night all, take care now....
Old 26-08-2014, 12:41 AM #84
User banned

User banned

all gary is reallydoing is having conversations , or at leats attempting too....20 years ago we in the UK were capable of having conversations, that is before we in chavland UK got so dumbed down, our own prime minister didnt know anything about the magna carta when grilled under cross examination by dave letterman?
Old 26-08-2014, 12:42 AM #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincho Paxton View Post
For most people that may be true.. but I solved it all. The problem with solving everything is that you only solve it for yourself. Telling people about it doesn't work. They have to solve it themselves. If they can't solve it themselves they can't understand the solution. Catch 22.
Well said I agree totally, it is the same as my "an experience is only an experience to the person having it, to others it could be a load of bunkum" it is just so hard to prove, we cannot.....
Old 26-08-2014, 12:45 AM #86
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules2 View Post
Well said I agree totally, it is the same as my "an experience is only an experience to the person having it, to others it could be a load of bunkum" it is just so hard to prove, we cannot.....
you can learn from others experiences, you dont need to prove anything though? listening and learning it depends whether you can put your ego aside first, alas jumped up james sorry king james of england, coudlnt do that, we dont do silly things like listening and learning in england do we james?

Last edited by the truth; 26-08-2014 at 12:46 AM.
Old 26-08-2014, 12:46 AM #87
Grumpy Old Northern Git

Grumpy Old Northern Git

OY "the truth" the HELL you were zippy in the 19th century... George maybe ya pink buffoon [grin] but to drag back on topic again, James is a thoroughly nasty piece of work with a massively over-inflated ego and no tolerance whatsoever of the failings of his fellow housemates whatever they may be... OK I think Gary is a shambling deluded buffoon but I wouldn't provoke aggressive confrontation the way that nasty James does...I just cannot see why he would want to do that unless he is borderline sociopathic
Old 26-08-2014, 12:49 AM #88
User banned

User banned

Quote:
OY "the truth" the HELL you were zippy in the 19th century... George maybe ya pink buffoon [grin] but to drag back on topic again, James is a thoroughly nasty piece of work with a massively over-inflated ego and no tolerance whatsoever of the failings of his fellow housemates whatever they may be... OK I think Gary is a shambling deluded buffoon but I wouldn't provoke aggressive confrontation the way that nasty James does...I just cannot see why he would want to do that unless he is borderline sociopathic
ooooooooo geoffrey geoffrey geoffrey
Old 26-08-2014, 12:53 AM #89
Grumpy Old Northern Git

Grumpy Old Northern Git

Another thing I really disliked about James was a few days ago when he wrapped a wet towel around his hand and gave George's arse a vicious flick with it... give George his due he took it in good part but it must have hurt because he showed the weal it had made....had the roles been reversed I doubt whether superJames would have reacted as graciously
Old 26-08-2014, 01:00 AM #90
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Another thing I really disliked about James was a few days ago when he wrapped a wet towel around his hand and gave George's arse a vicious flick with it... give George his due he took it in good part but it must have hurt because he showed the weal it had made....had the roles been reversed I doubt whether superJames would have reacted as graciously
hed had claimed for whiplash as sure as the moon is round-ish
Old 26-08-2014, 01:40 AM #91
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
And then he wonders why some question his sexuality, with this homoerotic locker room shenanigans :/

pffft, am I surprised this pretentious fool is mocking garys story?...No.
Old 26-08-2014, 03:52 AM #92

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Kiefer
RPDR UK 2: Ginny Lemon

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Kiefer
RPDR UK 2: Ginny Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincho Paxton View Post
People can believe in whatever they like. But you believe in turning into nothing. Nothing is almost impossible to create in the Universe. If you could create nothing, the Universe would end.
No we turn into ash if we're burnt or bug food and bones if we're buried!
Anything that constitutes our living senses are merely electrical impulses which, as with any machine be it biological or mechanical, simply discharge when the power is switched off.
I'd love there to be some Nirvana type of Paradise that we suddenly find ourselves in after we're dead but all of the evidence points to that not being so.
We have to die after we've had our turn to make room for the next people and if we all just ended up somewhere else it would defeat the object and you'd have this massive afterlife slum where the main problem would be over-crowding. You'd have everyone from the beginning of life on this planet there and if we were all there it would figure that all of the animals that have died throughout time would be there too so it would be unbearable! We'd all be climbing on top of each other scrambling for space.

And as for reincarnation............what would be the point ? Very few people percentage-wise claim to be aware of having lived a previous life so what would the point be of giving someone a new life if they didn't even realize that they were getting a second chance and had lived before ? There would be no connection to their previous life so in effect it wouldn't have really existed.

I think we've just gotta' forget about worrying whether there might be something after this life (because there isn't!) and stop living your life by the rules of some non-existant deity that will judge you by your actions and just life this one life that you know for sure you really do have to the max! Do what you enjoy doing to the extreme regardless of whether someone tells you it's wrong or bad for you..........or do nothing if that's what pleases you!
Just worry about yourself and what makes you happy, try not to have any negative impact on others and have a blast!!!
JTM45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 04:07 AM #93
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I really disliked James for that conversation..(or non conversation..)..I don't think it matters whether he believed in re-incarnation himself or what he personally believes or whether he thought Gary was talking complete silliness...it's fascinating to hear of people's beliefs and he asked him about it and then just got up and walked away with a condescending look on his face...just extreme ignorance and rudeness...he asked, he should listen...ignoramus....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 04:33 AM #94

He's totally full of it. I agree with Leslie that his spituality is complete crap. I'm not a Leslie fan, but he was right about Gary in that instance.
Old 26-08-2014, 06:07 AM #95

Oh dear, second time now that I've had to admit that I'd probably do the same thing as James (and I haven't taken to James at all)

I'd be glad to make a quick exit as well if someone started talking about their beliefs in that way.

When you don't share a person's beliefs I don't find that there is too much to discuss - you end up either just being ear-bashed or just being berated for not sharing their beliefs.

It's the same reaction I have when those certain people knock on your door with their magazines and stories of salvation etc. need to get away from them fast.

I'm capable of having conversations, but I know that conversations regarding faith and belief are limited by their very nature.
Tip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 06:16 AM #96
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip View Post
Oh dear, second time now that I've had to admit that I'd probably do the same thing as James (and I haven't taken to James at all)

I'd be glad to make a quick exit as well if someone started talking about their beliefs in that way.

When you don't share a person's beliefs I don't find that there is too much to discuss - you end up either just being ear-bashed or just being berated for not sharing their beliefs.

It's the same reaction I have when those certain people knock on your door with their magazines and stories of salvation etc. need to get away from them fast.

I'm capable of having conversations, but I know that conversations regarding faith and belief are limited by their very nature.
..yeah I agree if people attempt to 'force' their beliefs on you, you know..try to persuade you I some way but for me it was that Gary just mentioned it in passing about having known his partner 37 times or being married to her 37 times before and James could have just shifted the conversation or excused himself at that point and walked away but he specifically asked Gary about it/to explain and then showed no interest at all but just rudely got up and walked away...
Old 26-08-2014, 06:25 AM #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..yeah I agree if people attempt to 'force' their beliefs on you, you know..try to persuade you I some way but for me it was that Gary just mentioned it in passing about having known his partner 37 times or being married to her 37 times before and James could have just shifted the conversation or excused himself at that point and walked away but he specifically asked Gary about it/to explain and then showed no interest at all but just rudely got up and walked away...
You may be right - it's not that I don't think James isn't rude at times.

I just don't see it quite the same way. Asking for clarity on what Gary was saying and then finding it was of absolutely no interest and having nothing to say on the matter - it doesn't seem too bad a thing to just walk away.

Thing is I get the impression that Gary may get that response a lot as he is very domineering in presenting his beliefs and attitudes and if you don't happen to be on the same wavelength he'll just be telling "you're wrong and I'm right" which is tedious at best and irritating at worst. Sometimes it's better to walk away than get into that kind of situation (again).

Last edited by Tip; 26-08-2014 at 06:26 AM.
Old 26-08-2014, 06:45 AM #98
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
You may be right - it's not that I don't think James isn't rude at times.

I just don't see it quite the same way. Asking for clarity on what Gary was saying and then finding it was of absolutely no interest and having nothing to say on the matter - it doesn't seem too bad a thing to just walk away.

Thing is I get the impression that Gary may get that response a lot as he is very domineering in presenting his beliefs and attitudes and if you don't happen to be on the same wavelength he'll just be telling "you're wrong and I'm right" which is tedious at best and irritating at worst. Sometimes it's better to walk away than get into that kind of situation (again).
...hmmm....I guess to me your analogy of someone knocking on your door..?...it would be if that happened, you could just kind of refuse to engage in the first place because you don't feel any interest at all..?..or you could say...hmmmm, tell me about your beliefs/views then...and then just as they start to, you close the door in their face..?..you don't even say, oh actually this isn't what I believe at all and I'm not going to spend any of my or your time etc...James said nothing, didn't excuse himself, didn't say..'oh right, interesting but not something I believe in..'..just whatever, you know because he had asked....but he didn't, he said nothing and just stood up and walked away and the look Gary had..(quite rightly in my opinion)...was just bemused disbelief..or maybe what he's come to expect with many housemates..?...

..it didn't have to go into a 'back and forth' thing of differing opinions...just a ...ahh ok, I wasn't sure what you meant but these conversations aren't something that really interest me, thanks for clarifying...just give him some respect you know, because he did ask and Gary replied..?..

..by the by, re-incarnation isn't my view but I would have found that conversation fascinating and been there for hours listening and questioning......
Old 26-08-2014, 06:53 AM #99

Yes, of course, we put ourselves in these situations and compare others with how we would react.

I've had lots of conversations with people who believe in reincarnation and past life regressions and don't need to have any more. I would, like James, have asked more to check what Gary was going on about when he said they had 32 lives together, he thought he meant years initially.

Yes, James could have said something and not just walked away, but at this stage it all seems much of a muchness. Saying something can mean that Gary comes back with something and continues it, or gives Gary the opportunity to wind you up - as anger management says - just walk away.
Old 26-08-2014, 07:10 AM #100
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Yes, of course, we put ourselves in these situations and compare others with how we would react.

I've had lots of conversations with people who believe in reincarnation and past life regressions and don't need to have any more. I would, like James, have asked more to check what Gary was going on about when he said they had 32 lives together, he thought he meant years initially.

Yes, James could have said something and not just walked away, but at this stage it all seems much of a muchness. Saying something can mean that Gary comes back with something and continues it, or gives Gary the opportunity to wind you up - as anger management says - just walk away.
..hmmm it's funny how we see things differently and yet we're all watching the same thing but that's the fascinating and interesting thing of BB and 'people watching'......yeah, I can understand how you see it and make valid points, maybe he did think Gary meant 32 years together and that was clarified...I think walking away was fine if he had just done it less rudely and he always seems to pride himself on 'behaving well' type thing ...I also think in general, not just with this ..that we're much more open to at least listening, even though we may disagree if we like that person/have tolerance for them..?..but when we don't have any, when we have complete intolerance or liking for them, then we're thinking...no I don't want to give any time to this etc..?...

..and I think the fact that James was not prepared to conversation yet Gary was prepared to, says to me where the 'intolerances' lie and 'who is the bigger person' despite their past differences....

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
gary, spirituality