Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 26-08-2014, 10:34 PM #51

Favourites:
CBB 12: Courtney Stodden

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I'm not sure anyone can assess the severity of his deafness by watching him on telly. If he needs two hearing aids I'm guessing it's pretty severe.

You're right about the cheers and boos. It'll be all change come Wednesday.
My father has bad hearing problems, trust me if he does not wear his hearing aids then he can't hear people from 10 feet away talking normally with hearing aids he can.

So I can take a guess at his problems, he has them but plays them up.

No hearing problems when he has a disagreement with a housemate does he.

Last edited by waylander1973; 26-08-2014 at 10:35 PM.
waylander1973 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 10:36 PM #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
He is deaf.

Thank you for that link, it is very interesting.
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 10:38 PM #53
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylander1973 View Post
My father has bad hearing problems, trust me if he does not wear his hearing aids then he can't hear people from 10 feet away talking normally with hearing aids he can.

So I can take a guess at his problems, he has them but plays them up.

No hearing problem when he has a disagreement with a housemate does he.
Not sure I agree with you. I could be wrong of course... but I think it's unfair to lump everyone who has hearing problems into one group, I'm sure the difficulties they face are varied. We'll have to agree to differ on this one Waylander.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 11:02 PM #54

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Not sure I agree with you. I could be wrong of course... but I think it's unfair to lump everyone who has hearing problems into one group, I'm sure the difficulties they face are varied. We'll have to agree to differ on this one Waylander.
Fair enough, all I say is most hearing problems are range and loudness limited so gary should providing he's wearing his hearing aids or not should be able to cope with close range conservations at least.

Last edited by waylander1973; 26-08-2014 at 11:04 PM.
waylander1973 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 11:07 PM #55
User banned

User banned

hes more the real deal even than real deal holyfield.
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 11:49 PM #56

I rest my case in what I said earlier about the panel on BOTS. Last night, Nadia (and another) rediculed Gary and BOTS audience cheered in appreciation of what she said. Tonigh, Cheggers, Dungan James and the other guy said they loved Gary and the BOTS audience were in agreement. One thing I don't like about the BOTS audience is that on a night before an eviction, they will loudly say who they want evicted and then when, the following night, that HM is evicted and appears on BOTS, the BOTS audience give them a big cheer.
muchadoaboutnothing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 11:53 PM #57
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchadoaboutnothing View Post
I rest my case in what I said earlier about the panel on BOTS. Last night, Nadia (and another) rediculed Gary and BOTS audience cheered in appreciation of what she said. Tonigh, Cheggers, Dungan James and the other guy said they loved Gary and the BOTS audience were in agreement. One thing I don't like about the BOTS audience is that on a night before an eviction, they will loudly say who they want evicted and then when, the following night, that HM is evicted and appears on BOTS, the BOTS audience give them a big cheer.
bots was appalling tonight...shallower than ever. emma was pathetic too, stumbling and bulbling false giggling galore.....she barley got any questions asked or answered...the crowd are fickle shallow wannabbee desperados
Old 27-08-2014, 12:03 AM #58

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: David Potts
BB2023: Noky

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: David Potts
BB2023: Noky

I personally think Gary's probably the most real person in there!
Yeah, he plays to his personality to some extent but everyone does to some degree, it's a natural human trait!
You can just tell by the way he talks to people that everything he says is said with the utmost sincerity and real integrity. I think that's the reason that he can seem a bit 'out there' at times. I think because of his brain injuries it takes him a few seconds longer to think about what he's going to say and he seems to want to make sure that he gives himself that few seconds so that he says exactly what he wants and needs to.
I personally think it's admirable the way he comes across and i think he's an amazing guy!!!
JTM45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 12:26 AM #59
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
Yeah, he plays to his personality to some extent but everyone does to some degree, it's a natural human trait!
You can just tell by the way he talks to people that everything he says is said with the utmost sincerity and real integrity. I think that's the reason that he can seem a bit 'out there' at times. I think because of his brain injuries it takes him a few seconds longer to think about what he's going to say and he seems to want to make sure that he gives himself that few seconds so that he says exactly what he wants and needs to.
I personally think it's admirable the way he comes across and i think he's an amazing guy!!!
great post and of course absolutely spot on. the reason he stands out so much and everyone thinks hes so weird is because he is actually a sincere genuine warm funny guy.....something we havent seen in the uk it seems for aeons
Old 27-08-2014, 02:04 AM #60

Quote:
Yeah agreed, hearing problems can have a whole range of different sources and associated problems. Hearing aids that help one person could be less helpful to another. It's pretty aimless to debate to what extent Gary can hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
Good post, I'm still in two minds about the whole thing but I'm definitely leaning more to this opinion. Gary has an eccentric personality and this can often be mistaken for fake/exaggerated. He's coming across well to me too and has been a pleasant surprise - when I heard a Hollywood actor was entering I presumed he'd be typical, boring, and I'd never warm to him, but I was wrong

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
act, gary