Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 30-08-2014, 12:38 AM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylander1973 View Post
The charity never stated that gary should not be allowed on the show but gary needs are not being considered by the show's producers, in that gary's needs are not being looked out for in the house which they're complaining about not that he should be there or not.

if gary really needs to be told to take a shower for example why was left to james to tell him that and not big brother for example, if gary needs to told to do certain things to get by then it big brother's responsible to do that not the housemates, duty of care stuff.
Like I just posted, maybe he doesn't need to be told that it could be multiple reasons why he never had a shower such as not know where things are or maybe he was just getting used to his surroundings.

I never said the charity stated he shouldn't do the show, I was replying to your comment about how he shouldn't be in the house, I disagree with that and I still think he is capable of being in the house.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 12:42 AM #27

Omg! this is so infuriating! disabled people should not be barred from anything i totally agree! i have a child thats on the spectrum! however i am sure this programme is being edited to make it look like hes being victimised! you wait and watch every single person come out that house saying how awfull it was to live with him!!!! and it aint right really is it?
smileymummy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 12:43 AM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileymummy View Post
Omg! this is so infuriating! disabled people should not be barred from anything i totally agree! i have a child thats on the spectrum! however i am sure this programme is being edited to make it look like hes being victimised! you wait and watch every single person come out that house saying how awfull it was to live with him!!!! and it aint right really is it?
Leslie never said he was awful to live with, he said he was hard work but not that he was awful.
Old 30-08-2014, 12:50 AM #29

Favourites:
CBB 12: Courtney Stodden

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
Like I just posted, maybe he doesn't need to be told that it could be multiple reasons why he never had a shower such as not know where things are or maybe he was just getting used to his surroundings.

I never said the charity stated he shouldn't do the show, I was replying to your comment about how he shouldn't be in the house, I disagree with that and I still think he is capable of being in the house.
The charity was blaming channel 5 for failing to take care of gary, if he needs prompts from time to time to take care of himself, it's not for the housemates to do this since they have no or little training or understanding in such matters, it's channel 5 problem not the housemates.

Most of the housemates have adjusted to gary's hearing problems now. But if he needs extra help in other matters then the responsibly is on channel 5/big brother not the housemates, Duty of care.

He shouldn't be there because he being made to look foolish

Last edited by waylander1973; 30-08-2014 at 12:55 AM.
waylander1973 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 01:02 AM #30

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Look, what are we talking about here? Either Gary is capable or he isn't and the producers are the only ones that know that. Unless they are sadists, why would they let Rikki stand there and tell him he is dirty and disgusting, why would they let Stephanie say much the same thing standing over him stamping her foot and shouting in his face, why would they let George say he feels like he has come into an old peoples home and do NOTHING about it?
If Gary is considered by them to need even some leeway for any condition he may have then they need to address this pronto, because it's getting way past just being uncomfortable now.
If they know he is well capable for any of them and playing the game himself, then that's a different ballgame.
Either way, the concern over this is taking over the series which we all thought was going to be fun.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 01:02 AM #31

Quote:
The charity was blaming channel 5 for failing to take care of gary, if he needs prompts from time to time to take care of himself, it's not for the housemates to do this since they have no or little training or understanding in such matters, it's channel 5 problem not the housemates.

Most of the housemates have adjusted to gary's hearing problems now. But if he needs extra help in other matters then the responsibly is on channel 5/big brother not the housemates, Duty of care.

He shouldn't be there because he being made to look foolish
Fair points but I actually think the charity are more concerned about the pack behaviour of the other housemates towards Gary? they mention the bitching, the nasty jokes and so on.
Old 30-08-2014, 01:05 AM #32
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Fair points but I actually think the charity are more concerned about the pack behaviour of the other housemates towards Gary? they mention the bitching, the nasty jokes and so on.
well there can complain to ofcom cant there
michael21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 01:26 AM #33

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Have said in other posts on this subject of some housemates treatment of him is wrong, mainly stephanie's and james's.

David getting angry with gary was more down to frustration with gary than malice towards him.

Dee talk it out with him and both just agreed to disagree with each other.

I really think some of others do not like him, but have they really gone after him in anyway, if you ignored the nominations that is.

Not really a pack as such.

Last edited by waylander1973; 30-08-2014 at 01:27 AM.
Old 30-08-2014, 01:32 AM #34

Quote:
Have said in other posts on this subject of some housemates treatment of him is wrong, mainly stephanie's and james's.

David getting angry with gary was more down to frustration with gary than malice towards him.

I really think some of others do not like him, but have they really gone after him in anyway, if you ignored the nominations that is.

I have to disagree with you tbh it was awful to watch them al avoiding him and bitching behind his back the other night on LF, then there was Dee telling lies saying he had cornered her when he never done that at all, he only spoke to her.

Last edited by Josy; 30-08-2014 at 01:32 AM.
Old 30-08-2014, 01:34 AM #35

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

What about George, he is so condescending towards him and tonight saying he didn't know he was coming into an old peoples home. That was the worst ever.
Old 30-08-2014, 01:40 AM #36

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
What about George, he is so condescending towards him and tonight saying he didn't know he was coming into an old peoples home. That was the worst ever.
Bad comment, but it is just one comment from george, to be bullying he would have to keep making those types of comments on a daily basis, for time will tell.

Last edited by waylander1973; 30-08-2014 at 01:41 AM.
Old 30-08-2014, 02:03 AM #37

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
I have to disagree with you tbh it was awful to watch them al avoiding him and bitching behind his back the other night on LF, then there was Dee telling lies saying he had cornered her when he never done that at all, he only spoke to her.
Bullying is face to face in what ever form, which what the charity is claiming, bitching behind someone back is not, as for dee the other housemates should have they own minds or least claire showed that she does.

As for housemates avoiding him, all the housemates he did walked up to did talk to him for a while but did walk away after a few minutes, maybe they were upset that david left and felt that the fact david was helping with his knee and david get crap from gary for it and ended up with david getting frustrated with gary as resulted of it got him evicted, upset them for a while they are human at the end of the day and maybe david was liked in the house.
Old 30-08-2014, 02:04 AM #38
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

Gary remains unbothered whilst his haters stay pressed and full of anger.

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 02:07 AM #39

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
Gary remains unbothered whilst his haters stay pressed and full of anger.
Best comment on gary i seen.
Old 30-08-2014, 09:46 AM #40

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

Quote:
Now you are being ridiculous, however you edit it he has been called a pet for wanting to talk with someone. Told he isn't liked, been shouted at and called disgusting and dirty in front of the whole group by someone who is from a show where they have sex and get drunk on TV no less. Even when he tried to help with the pizza he was told not to touch anything by Dee because of Stephanie's phobia like he is some dirty old tramp. The truth is probably more that the man is looked after in real life and probably doesnt have to do a lot for himself. This phobia seems more like prejudices towards someone she doesn't like because she doesn't seem to mind playing kissyface with piddle lips George. Think of the germs Laurens piddle and Georges spit.

Also on bots Leslie said he wasn't that bad and he regretted how he had treated him. David knows he was wrong but is a bit dim and thinks he will get more respect by sticking to his story. Interestingly, like a lot of Gary haters on here, he has nothing to back it up with apart from saying Gary did 'loads of stuff.'

In the live feed last night they were being nasty about him, ridiculing him for trying to clean up. Someone even said he is right there. The reply was its OK he can't hear.
Sorry its not OK.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 30-08-2014 at 10:45 AM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 11:53 AM #41
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

No one dragged Gary into the bb house, he's squandered all his cash so he CHOSE to go in and should be treat the same as everyone else
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 12:16 PM #42

Quote:
Leslie never said he was awful to live with, he said he was hard work but not that he was awful.
Tbh I was pleased with Leslies interview, he went up in my estimation a lot. It sounds as though he had actually listened and unerstood.

BB were wrong to ask James to moreorless look out for Gary as he is the worst one to do so, he just backstabs him. Now he is up Stephanies backsie because he fancies her (poor old wifey).

BB should have put Gary right in the direction of what to do if he was struggling. CBB would be great if we had great celebrities in there but we havent, as someone said the others should have just been in the ordinary one, then we neednt have watched it. I like true celebrities and the Americans have many. I do not know any of the others in this CBB. Sorry I knew James but he is forgettable, never liked him on Come Dancing, he may have had two left feet.

Last edited by Jules2; 30-08-2014 at 12:17 PM.
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 12:23 PM #43

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
No one dragged Gary into the bb house, he's squandered all his cash so he CHOSE to go in and should be treat the same as everyone else
I couldn't agree with you more and I'll be absolutely delighted when they start to treat him the same as they do each other.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
Old 30-08-2014, 12:24 PM #44

Quote:
Hi Smiley, I know what you mean, I am in the same position so I sympathise but, had you seen the LF after the eviction you would see that nothing is edited in Gary's favour, that one was definitely edited to make the HMs look good but they werent. The one last night showed Gary sat on his own (possibly his choice) whilst the others toasted Leslie, Gary joined in from where he sat. Other than that all we saw was George and Stephanie with their childish behavious. George has a lot to learn and Stephanie is just a bi***.

The nominations showed Ricci and Stephanie up to be the cowards they are, that wasnt edited although some of the remarks from the others were.
Old 30-08-2014, 12:29 PM #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
I couldn't agree with you more and I'll be absolutely delighted when they start to treat him the same as they do each other.
Hear hear Jaxie but I do not think it is going to happen. I thought George may have come down off his pedastal a bit but I now see his remarks re an Old Peoples Home, hopefully when he gets to that age no home will want him He is going to be in for a long long toil from couch to........well will he go down (gutter) or up, where will he go up to? Another programme on the couch....? James is in his glory because he thinks he has the others support but I do believe that Audley maybe just a little bit wiser, I hope so. Frenchy is a good buddy to Gary, for these reasons I will support her and Audley.
Old 30-08-2014, 12:32 PM #46

Quote:
Best comment on gary i seen.
I hope he can stay like that for the next few days otherwise people will be having a ball and saying he is showing his true colours.
Old 30-08-2014, 12:36 PM #47

Quote:
Bullying is face to face in what ever form, which what the charity is claiming, bitching behind someone back is not, as for dee the other housemates should have they own minds or least claire showed that she does.

As for housemates avoiding him, all the housemates he did walked up to did talk to him for a while but did walk away after a few minutes, maybe they were upset that david left and felt that the fact david was helping with his knee and david get crap from gary for it and ended up with david getting frustrated with gary as resulted of it got him evicted, upset them for a while they are human at the end of the day and maybe david was liked in the house.
Gary wasnt responsible for David being evicted, David doesnt have a large fanbase and they didnt vote for him. Simple as that. He is an over egoistic young man full of his own importance. He cannot see what the public are saying but that is a cover up for his own behaviour in there. It was on the books that David would be the first out. Glad he went and hopefully we wont have to listen to him spouting off about his looks and over puffed up body.

Last edited by Jules2; 30-08-2014 at 12:37 PM.
Old 30-08-2014, 12:58 PM #48

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules2 View Post
Tbh I was pleased with Leslies interview, he went up in my estimation a lot. It sounds as though he had actually listened and unerstood.

BB were wrong to ask James to moreorless look out for Gary as he is the worst one to do so, he just backstabs him. Now he is up Stephanies backsie because he fancies her (poor old wifey).

BB should have put Gary right in the direction of what to do if he was struggling. CBB would be great if we had great celebrities in there but we havent, as someone said the others should have just been in the ordinary one, then we neednt have watched it. I like true celebrities and the Americans have many. I do not know any of the others in this CBB. Sorry I knew James but he is forgettable, never liked him on Come Dancing, he may have had two left feet.
James was NOT told to look out for Gary, he was asked to help him integrate with the group initially because of his hearing problems because none of them were really taking that into account as much as they should.
If they HAD asked him to look out for him, it would have been grossly unfair on him or on anyone, as they have come into the house to enjoy themselves and it is difficult enough in there living with all those people without having responsibility for another person on your shoulders.
If you insist that he was asked to do that and I am mistaken, then maybe he feels a bit resentful? Because that would be understandable. But I still don't think he was. I think he likes Gary but he irritates him at the same time and I can see why. James isn't the most sensitive of people and is a twat a lot of the time but I think he means well.
When some of the Strictly dancers were teaching kids some moves he was patient and funny with them, The kids loved him and said he was their favourite. That counts for a lot.
Old 30-08-2014, 01:07 PM #49

Quote:
James was NOT told to look out for Gary, he was asked to help him integrate with the group initially because of his hearing problems because none of them were really taking that into account as much as they should.
If they HAD asked him to look out for him, it would have been grossly unfair on him or on anyone, as they have come into the house to enjoy themselves and it is difficult enough in there living with all those people without having responsibility for another person on your shoulders.
If you insist that he was asked to do that and I am mistaken, then maybe he feels a bit resentful? Because that would be understandable. But I still don't think he was. I think he likes Gary but he irritates him at the same time and I can see why. James isn't the most sensitive of people and is a twat a lot of the time but I think he means well.
When some of the Strictly dancers were teaching kids some moves he was patient and funny with them, The kids loved him and said he was their favourite. That counts for a lot.
Yes you are correct, BB did not ask him to look out for Gary they only suggested there was a possibility that Gary could be been isolated due to his hearing problem and for him & the group to take this into consideration.

Last edited by Ellen; 30-08-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Ellen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 01:15 PM #50

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
What they actually did was give James a warning. The language used James interpreted as being asked to look out for Gary.

― Richard Dawkins

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
attacks, channel 5, charity, headway