Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 06-09-2014, 11:03 PM #1

Default Louise tells us Gary showed he had no prob hearing and is Compus Mentis

Louise who normally always agrees with twitter, bots audience etc and always goes out of her way to show she hates their most hated most too,

IE she's a suck up who feels her populatroity on twitter etc is more important than the truth,

normally.

She slipped tonight and betrayed Gary and his fans.

Told us how he has no problem hearing. Something I've noticed too, when it's someone accusing him of something he has no problem hearing and has always followed every nuance of what's said then and battled hard to say he never has done anything wriong.

He plays on his hearing problem for the sympathy vote as like I said when it's him being criticised he never has a problem hearing and follows everything battles hard to say he is never to blame.

She also told us he is Compus Mentis, of course he is, he jumps from, point to point and links them quickly certaibly not sign of brain damage.
cfromhx02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:05 PM #2

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfromhx02 View Post
Louise who normally always agrees with twitter, bots audience etc and always goes out of her way to show she hates their most hated most too,

IE she's a suck up who feels her populatroity on twitter etc is more important than the truth,

normally.

Told us how he has no problem hearing. Something I've noticed too, when it's someone accusing him of something he has no problem hearing and has always followed every nuance of what's said then and battled hard to say he never has done anything wriong.

He plays on his hearing problem for the sympathy vote as like I said when it's him being criticised he never has a problem hearing and follows everything battles hard to say he is never to blame.

She also told us he is Compus Mentis, of course he is, he jumps from, point to point and links them quickly certaibly not sign of brain damage.
And her medical qualifications are?

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:07 PM #3
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Quote:

normally.

Sorry, but you are being insulting to those with hearing difficulties. Please go look on google to see what issues hard of hearing people have to deal with
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:08 PM #4

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Who's Louise

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:11 PM #5
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

If something is being said directly to somone with hearing problems with little other noise around then they will pick it up very easily.
However once there are several people all talking and other noise, even with a hearing aid/s the sound gets distorted.

He will hear some things more easily, also if someone is looking directly at him when talking,that will help too.
Most of the time however I doubt he can make out any continuity of the conversations and that is why he spends a lot of the time it seems on his own.

Last edited by joeysteele; 06-09-2014 at 11:11 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:11 PM #6

I have no idea who Louise is but wtf? of course Gary is Compus Mentis who has claimed otherwise? having a brain injury does not mean you can't have control of your mind btw...

And to say he has no trouble at all with his hearing is ridiculous.

Yet another attempt to make Gary look bad.

Last edited by Josy; 06-09-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:14 PM #7
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

This is quite sad how a person would go as far as question a persons disability to try and get others to dislike a housemate.

Gary has been through serious health issues and split his skull open in 1988 and damaged his hearing, if you google it you'll find articles about Marlee Matlin his fellow contestant on Celebrity Apprentice helped him identify as such and he was diagnosed with narrowing of the ear canal.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:16 PM #8

Quote:

normally.

I have said this from day one he was acting plus did you see that he answered sme of the questions correct were the other housemates got it wrong give him credit for fooling a lot of people
Ruffle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:17 PM #9

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin

Of course Gary would hear them booing Stephanie. Booing is extremely loud.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:21 PM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
I have no idea who Louise is but wtf? of course Gary is Compus Mentis who has claimed otherwise? having a brain injury does not mean you can't have control of your mind btw...

And to say he has no trouble at all with his hearing is ridiculous.

Yet another attempt to make Gary look bad.
I wear hearing aids Gary's hearing aids thy will serve him well and thy were great about Gary thy were complimenting hm on his game and how well he has played it thy were not puting him down far frm it but it was nice to hear the truth for once
Ruffle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:35 PM #11

This is one of three or four really desperate anti-Gary threads on the Forum at the moment. Some people are starting to get very nervous that he will win this show. Expect more of this for the remaining week.

Luisa was a fantastic HM but she is a terrible presenter in many ways - one of which is her ridiculous bias for and against certain HMs.

I would trust medical opinion on Gary's condition more than Luisa - but thanks all the same.
jegmeister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:44 PM #12

I thought Gary was brilliant tonight and second those who have explained about his hearing.

Dee is very rude about this too, showing her ignorance in all it's bigotry regarding Gary.
poppsywoppsy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:10 AM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
If something is being said directly to somone with hearing problems with little other noise around then they will pick it up very easily.
However once there are several people all talking and other noise, even with a hearing aid/s the sound gets distorted.

He will hear some things more easily, also if someone is looking directly at him when talking,that will help too.
Most of the time however I doubt he can make out any continuity of the conversations and that is why he spends a lot of the time it seems on his own.
I agree with you, apart from why he spends time on his own. if he goes and sits with the other housemates, for the most part they get up, and walk away from him. I have very rarely seen anyone join company with him. nasty lot
booboomartin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:19 AM #14

Quote:

normally.

unless you are a doctor, or medically trained, you, or no one else is qualified to say to what extent gary's hearing affects him. having been brought up in a hearing impaired home (mum and brother) both deaf, I do know that,
1. you should always face the person when speaking to them
2. if there is a noisy background, they find it difficult to understand you
3. if more than one person at a time is speaking, all the sound becomes muddled
Old 07-09-2014, 05:37 AM #15
Very Large Member

Favourites (more):
BB17: Evelyn
BBCanada 4: Tim
Very Large Member

Favourites (more):
BB17: Evelyn
BBCanada 4: Tim

i need hearing aids - one day soon i will get them
the high pitch of the sound is missing, not heard only the lower levels are audable
soft or girly speech is difficult to hear and understand without mentioning accents as well
Louise has a voice like a fog horn which makes understanding her very easy (unfortunately)
gary seems to have a similar type problem
ozzyshaggah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:44 AM #16

Quote:

normally.

ps. further to my first reply. being Compus Mentis means, to have full control of your mind. being brain damaged, does not mean that you are brain dead. gary had a brain operation. it may have left him 'slower' in some areas, but not incapable. when has gary ever played on the sympathy vote for anything. when the ratpack complain, deride, and insult him, all he does is apologise. they should be ashamed of themselves, and dee should really shut up. convicted thief, stole money from vulnerable people. nice person?
Old 07-09-2014, 05:50 AM #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffle View Post
I have said this from day one he was acting plus did you see that he answered sme of the questions correct were the other housemates got it wrong give him credit for fooling a lot of people
do you have a medical degree? no, thought not. unless you are qualified to say how someone with gary's condition should be able to manage, then don't comment on it in a negative way. you are being insulting to all people who have a disability, whatever it may be.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:56 AM #18

Ive two hearing aids and depending of the way Im sitting or standing the position of the other person talking to me it can make it hard.I say he's got a hearing problem sometime's he will hear but most time it will be hard for him.When Ive seen bits of Louise interviewing with the housemates she is sat directly at the side of them or infront of them which will make it better for Gary to hear.
Nobody should talk about this problem that know bugger all about it if you think he's putting it all on well you think that but why be nasty like them creep's in the house.
Look's to me Louise is trying to lay the poison down for Gary and I think she's been told to because her words for Gary all along have been great he was her favourite housemate from day one.
Patricia4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:48 AM #19

Why on earth do the persist putting that drone of a human being on our television? She grates on me, is about as reactive as Sloth on Nembutal.

Whilst we are at it, Rylan is pretty cr@p too.

Only one I have any time for is the guy that was co-hosting last night- Ian? Tells it how it is and sees it how it has happened.

Eg Gary to win - James Jordan a total pr!ck of a human being. The only opinion we differ on is he's been great to watch. I don't and the glorification of such a negative bad role model with out redemption, improvement and having them see the light is not good.

The show would have been more balanced and fun to watch if the likes of Leslie and even Frenchie would have stayed in longer.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:49 AM #20

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffle View Post
Having brain damage doesn't make you thick, unfortunately Ricci and co don't have any excuses they are thick.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:53 AM #21
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
Having brain damage doesn't make you thick, unfortunately Ricci and co don't have any excuses they are thick.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:26 AM #22
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun

Lmao I can't take this seriously i'm sorry

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:38 AM #23

Quote:

normally.

Your anti Gary bile has now become as boring and predictable as Ricki. Will give a miss now I think.

Last edited by sassysocks; 07-09-2014 at 10:38 AM.
sassysocks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:42 AM #24
Banned

Banned

Who the **** is Louise?
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:46 AM #25

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegmeister View Post
This is one of three or four really desperate anti-Gary threads on the Forum at the moment. Some people are starting to get very nervous that he will win this show. Expect more of this for the remaining week.

Luisa was a fantastic HM but she is a terrible presenter in many ways - one of which is her ridiculous bias for and against certain HMs.

I would trust medical opinion on Gary's condition more than Luisa - but thanks all the same.
Exactly.Well said here.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
compus, gary, hearing, louise, mentis, prob, showed, tells