Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 09-09-2014, 05:23 AM #1
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Default Gary and his Lethal Weapon in the kitchen...

...that was both one of the most cringy/inappropriate and hilarious things I have ever seen on BB...I really don't know if it was just complete momentary unawareness that he wasn't wearing underwear when he had to tend to his knee or whether he totally knew what he was doing from the beginning but the reactions.....Dee...'JAMES DOOOOO SOMETHING..!!!!!!!!..'....omg, Dee you're a woman of the world surely, have you never seen a grown bare assed man before...the complete over-reaction....and James with his 'we British don't so that in the kitchen Gary..' look on his face..and then just kept repeating..'the public will see..' the same way as he kept repeating with Audley..'I'm not afraid..'........and poor George...'I'm not qualified for this..'....jeez, I don't think I've ever laughed so much....

...Gary is the genius 'puppet master' I'm convinced of that and I would hate as a huge fan to not give him that appreciation and instead to think of him as a 'poor 70yr old victim'..he so knows what he's doing and he's doing it so brilliantly/so masterfully....I never could understand why they all seemed to show so much intolerance toward him from the get go but I think it's because they know the game he's playing but they're completely helpless to it all...he proved in the 'therapy' task that he's just so attuned to their characters and personalities/insecurities and desperations etc and there he is sitting on his bare ass in the kitchen and watching them all fall apart and flounder while no matter how hard they've tried, they just haven't been able to push his buttons to the point of anger/annoyance that they've felt because he's on such a calm level in his life....and yet, he barely tries and he has them all running around in their frustrations...and there he is just saying...'sorry I apologise if that offended you' on every occasion....I totally love this guy, he has suffered these self absorbed, self centred intolerant fools for almost 4 long weeks and not once given them what they wanted...which is for him to 'snap' the way they have....

...Gary Busey, he came, he saw and he conquered......no one, no other housemate should win this game other than Gary.....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:36 AM #2

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

Great post Ammi and I agree with much of it. I think Gary has incredible insights into who they are and what they are about now. However I do feel that he has some moments where he is a little confused due to his health problems. I too found the whole thing incredibly funny. It was a moment where he didn't think and it wasn't the best place to pull his trousers down but it was a major over reaction by everyone else. I think he has been amazing tolerant in there.
He is an absolute legend and my favourite housemate ever.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 09-09-2014 at 05:39 AM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:38 AM #3

Fantastic post Ammi couldn't agree more he is handing out a total master class in how to frustrate your opponents it is an absolute joy to watch! he really is light years ahead of the rest of these desperado's when it comes to playing the game.

So far ahead that even his detractors just dont get it I LOVE IT!

Last edited by billy123; 09-09-2014 at 05:38 AM.
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:40 AM #4

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
The Voice: Jermain Jackman

Favourites (more):

I agree Ammi.

It was thee funniest moment of CBB

Dee shouting at James to do something....Gary's bare ass on a kitchen chair whilst he fixes his knee.....James's face in total disbelief.......BRILLIANT!!!
rubymoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:44 AM #5
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnot View Post
Fantastic post Ammi couldn't agree more he is handing out a total master class in how to frustrate your opponents it is an absolute joy to watch! he really is light years ahead of the rest of these desperado's when it comes to playing the game.

..and doesn't it just make you admire and love him more because I so didn't feel comfortable with him being a 'victim'...and to give James credit I think he's probably more aware than any of the others are to what Gary's doing but no matter how much he's tried, he just can't get the reaction from Gary that he's wanted....how frustrating must that be..?.....and also for me, what it's showing is that 'nice' can be genius/absorbing and the greatest of entertainment....he has to be for me the best celebrity housemate of all time and it would be a travesty if he didn't win....
Old 09-09-2014, 05:47 AM #6
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubymoo View Post
I agree Ammi.

It was thee funniest moment of CBB

Dee shouting at James to do something....Gary's bare ass on a kitchen chair whilst he fixes his knee.....James's face in total disbelief.......BRILLIANT!!!
....hahahahahahahahahaha...'DO SOMETHING JAMES..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....'....and how George couldn't get away quick enough..'well I'm not qualified..'......was there some qualification that would be of help on encountering a bare ass in the kitchen..?...some kind of survival guide that BB gave them..?...
Old 09-09-2014, 05:47 AM #7

Nice film title pun in the title.

All I could come up with was that Gary drove Dee to Break Point (Point Break geddit?)
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:48 AM #8

I thought that Gary's facade had been slipping a bit lately- he no longer seemed quite so positive and he did seem to be suppressing anger but he'll not lose it before the end.

James and George were hilarious in this bit, I still think Gary's smile and nakedness coming out of the shower when Audley and James were squaring up to each other was funnier.
Tip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:49 AM #9

I would love to be more like Gary. Where does he get the calmness from?

If I was in his position last night I would have gone ape**** at Dee.
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:50 AM #10
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
Great post Ammi and I agree with much of it. I think Gary has incredible insights into who they are and what they are about now. However I do feel that he has some moments where he is a little confused due to his health problems. I too found the whole thing incredibly funny. It was a moment where he didn't think and it wasn't the best place to pull his trousers down but it was a major over reaction by everyone else. I think he has been amazing tolerant in there.
He is an absolute legend and my favourite housemate ever.
..oh absolutely Jaxie and I think especially at the beginning when he did struggle so much with accents/multi conversations etc...but how quickly he realised how this could 'poke them' and how skilfully and with such genius he's done that..they're own intolerances and self centeredness has made it so easy for him...
Old 09-09-2014, 05:52 AM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriceShy View Post

Spend years in therapy and learn how to wind others up without really engaging.
Tip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:53 AM #12
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Nice film title pun in the title.

All I could come up with was that Gary drove Dee to Break Point (Point Break geddit?)
...well I wasn't sure, it could have been...'Gary has Dee Under Siege in the kitchen with his Buddy Holly..'......
Old 09-09-2014, 05:55 AM #13
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:

..I think he just is calm, you know..I'm not saying he won't get irritated/annoyed etc but with his life experiences he knows that life is too short and precious to spend time and energy on certain things...(and certain idiots..)...
Old 09-09-2014, 06:03 AM #14

Favourites:

Favourites:

I've never really thought of him as a pathetic figure due to his health and age. It is more that the intolerance of the others annoys me so much when they could have been more understanding in some situations. Most of the problems occur when they dont actually listen to what he says and instead project what they expect or want to hear in his words. If Gary wasn't so tolerant this could have been a very different series. If he doesn't win this its going to be the biggest injustice in BB history. There isn't anyone in the house who deserves the crown of this series more.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 09-09-2014 at 06:07 AM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:12 AM #15

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...that was both one of the most cringy/inappropriate and hilarious things I have ever seen on BB...I really don't know if it was just complete momentary unawareness that he wasn't wearing underwear when he had to tend to his knee or whether he totally knew what he was doing from the beginning but the reactions.....Dee...'JAMES DOOOOO SOMETHING..!!!!!!!!..'....omg, Dee you're a woman of the world surely, have you never seen a grown bare assed man before...the complete over-reaction....and James with his 'we British don't so that in the kitchen Gary..' look on his face..and then just kept repeating..'the public will see..' the same way as he kept repeating with Audley..'I'm not afraid..'........and poor George...'I'm not qualified for this..'....jeez, I don't think I've ever laughed so much....

...Gary is the genius 'puppet master' I'm convinced of that and I would hate as a huge fan to not give him that appreciation and instead to think of him as a 'poor 70yr old victim'..he so knows what he's doing and he's doing it so brilliantly/so masterfully....I never could understand why they all seemed to show so much intolerance toward him from the get go but I think it's because they know the game he's playing but they're completely helpless to it all...he proved in the 'therapy' task that he's just so attuned to their characters and personalities/insecurities and desperations etc and there he is sitting on his bare ass in the kitchen and watching them all fall apart and flounder while no matter how hard they've tried, they just haven't been able to push his buttons to the point of anger/annoyance that they've felt because he's on such a calm level in his life....and yet, he barely tries and he has them all running around in their frustrations...and there he is just saying...'sorry I apologise if that offended you' on every occasion....I totally love this guy, he has suffered these self absorbed, self centred intolerant fools for almost 4 long weeks and not once given them what they wanted...which is for him to 'snap' the way they have....

...Gary Busey, he came, he saw and he conquered......no one, no other housemate should win this game other than Gary.....
Superb post! Gary to Win - DANGLY BITS AND ALL
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:18 AM #16

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post

Yes, the BOTTOM line is, that Gary proves that although there are times you KNEEd BALLS to stand up to all the bullying DICKS in the house, there are times when it's better to turn the other CHEEK.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:20 AM #17
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
I've never really thought of him as a pathetic figure due to his health and age. It is more that the intolerance of the others annoys me so much when they could have been more understanding in some situations. Most of the problems occur when they dont actually listen to what he says and instead project what they expect or want to hear in his words. If Gary wasn't so tolerant this could have been a very different series. If he doesn't win this its going to be the biggest injustice in BB history. There isn't anyone in the house who deserves the crown of this series more.
..yeah I agree with all of that, I've never seen him as a 'victim' or 'perfect'/not ever doing wrong in any way type thing...but whatever he's done, other housemate's actions and reactions etc have always made him 'look good' in comparison because they have shown such intolerances toward him...and I think as the final approaches and since the 'therapist' task..(and hopefully..)..he's going to kick this game up a notch like I think he did last night...

..what I find really funny particularly is James with his constant..'we don't do this, we're British..' attitude...over the years with BB we've had sex in the pool, sex under the table, sex in the bedroom, sex in a bottle..etc etc etc....BUT WE DRAW THE LINE AT BARE ASSES IN THE KITCHEN..!!!!...LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL......
Old 09-09-2014, 06:21 AM #18
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Yes, the BOTTOM line is, that Gary proves that although there are times you KNEEd BALLS to stand up to all the bullying DICKS in the house, there are times when it's better to turn the other CHEEK.
..oh I see what you did there....
Old 09-09-2014, 06:36 AM #19

I am appalled at the double standards shown by BB

We've had past contents running about butt naked in just about every series.

We've had female contestants this year flashing their t!ts in the garden and the pool and yet a confused old man has a momentarily flash of insanity, panic and major discomfort and he remedied the quickest and best way he knew how.

Dee hates Gary with a passion. She is a bully, the female equivalent of James Jordan. She just cannot get the better of him and that frustrates the hell out of her.

How many times has she tried ( and failed) to try to get Gary to snap and hit her? How many times has she said " are you getting in my face"? And in doing so has got right up in front of him.

Now I watched Benefit Street and didn't have a real opinion of her either way. When she came in the house and was done up to be Royalty I thought she played the part well and I warmed to her.

Slowly but surely the mask has slipped to the point where she is totally dislike-able. It's at that point you start to examine her back ground to see where she's at and why she acts the way she does.

You then discover, she's a thief, a malingerer, a liar, deceitful and on the whole you come to the conclusion that she isn't really fit to sit as sh!t on the sole of Gary Busey's shoes.

Last night was a contrived over reaction, faux distress and of course the ever so reliable Bully Elliot couldn't wait to pitch in with his well rehearsed lines. You can still see he is smarting over the mauling he got from the Mediation Sessions. Ever an opportunist he couldn't wait to put the boot in and round on him with his pack of Hyenas.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:38 AM #20
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
...the other thing as well with that is that he IS 70yrs old, he HAS had serious brain injuries which do still have some effects on his life, he DOES have a hearing impairment, he DOES have physical restrictions.. etc and yet with all of that and these 'able' and 'intelligent' housemates...they still haven't been able to get the reaction they've tried for out of him...all the gameplayers and the egos beaten by an 'old guy', eh.....how funny...

Last edited by Ammi; 09-09-2014 at 06:39 AM.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:55 AM #21

You gotta love Gary. He's the only person ever to have exposed himself in the BB kitchen.
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:06 AM #22

Why did he get it out on big brother and celebrity apprentice? and why did everyone on celebrity apprentice dislike him too?
smileymummy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:08 AM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I am appalled at the double standards shown by BB

We've had past contents running about butt naked in just about every series.

We've had female contestants this year flashing their t!ts in the garden and the pool and yet a confused old man has a momentarily flash of insanity, panic and major discomfort and he remedied the quickest and best way he knew how.

Dee hates Gary with a passion. She is a bully, the female equivalent of James Jordan. She just cannot get the better of him and that frustrates the hell out of her.

How many times has she tried ( and failed) to try to get Gary to snap and hit her? How many times has she said " are you getting in my face"? And in doing so has got right up in front of him.

Now I watched Benefit Street and didn't have a real opinion of her either way. When she came in the house and was done up to be Royalty I thought she played the part well and I warmed to her.

Slowly but surely the mask has slipped to the point where she is totally dislike-able. It's at that point you start to examine her back ground to see where she's at and why she acts the way she does.

You then discover, she's a thief, a malingerer, a liar, deceitful and on the whole you come to the conclusion that she isn't really fit to sit as sh!t on the sole of Gary Busey's shoes.

Last night was a contrived over reaction, faux distress and of course the ever so reliable Bully Elliot couldn't wait to pitch in with his well rehearsed lines. You can still see he is smarting over the mauling he got from the Mediation Sessions. Ever an opportunist he couldn't wait to put the boot in and round on him with his pack of Hyenas.
You mean garys mask has slipped? everyone saw the real gary busey lastnight,hes not a victim,he lied at least twice lastnight! how people cannot see through him i will never know!
smileymummy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:11 AM #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnot View Post

I love it too Bob
Patricia4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:39 AM #25

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Just had to watch that clip again......BRILLIANT!

The master of wind up....Gary Busey

BB "Gary you exposed yourself......."LMAO

Gary "it was a scary moment for me....."

Gary has upped his game now, it's so tongue in cheek, almost carry on, and i love to watch a good old carry on
rubymoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
gary, kitchen, lethal, weapon