Notices

Celebrity Big Brother 2014 [CBB 14] Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2014, 05:00 PM   #51
rionablue
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7,930

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Sophie
CBB20: Marissa Jade
BB18: Kayleigh
CBB18: Marnie Simpson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
nonsense , no offence. edele was trying to make herself look good and gary bad and of course joining in the group bulllying against the physically weakest person. the vile coward. she should have asked dee to leave.
Oh FOR GODS SAKE the truth STOP painting Edele as evil just because she asked Gary not to come into the area that DEE already was in as emotions were still running high and she didn't want EITHER Gary or Dee to start ranting again. You must remember Edele likes both of them. And Edele doesn't have to TRY and make herself look good. All the housemates like her and that in itself is a good thing, even the evicted housemates. She has taken more time with Gary than any of the others and she DOESNT preach to him like James does. I hate Dee with a vengeance and I like Gary but they were both wrong in the argument to some degree. Gary accepted what Edele said and probably knew why she asked him not to come out at that particular time.

If you hate Edele fair enough but for goodness sake come up with good reasons
rionablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:10 PM   #52
rubymoo
Senior Member
 
rubymoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Deep in the woods, with pixies and fairies
Posts: 3,098
Blog Entries: 2

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
The Voice: Jermain Jackman
CBB 13: Jim Davidson
I'maCeleb2013: Kian Egan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
Oh FOR GODS SAKE the truth STOP painting Edele as evil just because she asked Gary not to come into the area that DEE already was in as emotions were still running high and she didn't want EITHER Gary or Dee to start ranting again. You must remember Edele likes both of them. And Edele doesn't have to TRY and make herself look good. All the housemates like her and that in itself is a good thing, even the evicted housemates. She has taken more time with Gary than any of the others and she DOESNT preach to him like James does. I hate Dee with a vengeance and I like Gary but they were both wrong in the argument to some degree. Gary accepted what Edele said and probably knew why she asked him not to come out at that particular time.

If you hate Edele fair enough but for goodness sake come up with good reasons
rubymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #53
Ultimist
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 38

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
BB15: Chris
BBUSA16: Donny
BBCanada 2: Heather
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamPRW View Post
He has so many injuries, that it didn't stop him chasing a 27 year old around the house tickling him, then trying to barge a door down to get to him.. but suddenly he's fragile and desperately needed a seat to sit down right then and there.. the endless grasping is hysterical
What is it with some of you people and this little habit of mitigating all of Gary's problems to the point of non-existence?

In another thread it was implied that because Gary can form complete sentences most of the time, he must not REALLY have brain injuries.

And now this.

You DO realize that a person with any type of limitations or injuries can sometimes have a good day, or a good hour, where a sore knee or a brain problem can be less of an issue. It's like with anything else. Sometimes pains and ills let up for a bit, and a person can have a littlle peace.

Just because Gary can walk from one end of the garden to the other doesn't mean he's faking his injuries, or that they are less in severity than was originally thought. BB does allow HM's to take any prescribed meds they happen to be on, and does provide pain killers, cold medicine, etc., when needed. Someone's problems can be lessened for a bit when they take such meds.

So enough of this underhanded way of trying to say that Gary is faking it all, is at 100% mental and physical health, and couldn't POSSIBLY have anything truly wrong with him.

I have a problem with one of my legs. Sometimes it is mostly ok, but other times it gives me EXCRUCIATING pain and is very debilitating. The good, relatively pain-free moments don't mean that my problem doesn't exist or that I'm faking it.

Asinine.
Ultimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:13 PM   #54
Ultimist
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 38

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
BB15: Chris
BBUSA16: Donny
BBCanada 2: Heather
Default

I think Edele should have kept her mouth shut. I don't hate her, nor am I "against" her for doing it, but it was actually none of her business. If Dee didn't want Gary around, it should have been she herself to say it.

And it did make Edele appear to be taking Dee's side. Otherwise when she saw Gary she could have suggested to Dee, "Maybe we should take this inside for a while." Or she could have simply remained silent and allow Dee to make the decision, or not.

Why did Gary have to be the one inconvenienced when Dee had already had some time out there?
Ultimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:13 PM   #55
Liam-
Senior Member
 
Liam-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cardiff.
Posts: 17,789

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Deborah


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimist View Post
What is it with some of you people and this little habit of mitigating all of Gary's problems to the point of non-existence?

In another thread it was implied that because Gary can form complete sentences most of the time, he must not REALLY have brain injuries.

And now this.

You DO realize that a person with any type of limitations or injuries can sometimes have a good day, or a good hour, where a sore knee or a brain problem can be less of an issue. It's like with anything else. Sometimes pains and ills let up for a bit, and a person can have a littlle peace.

Just because Gary can walk from one end of the garden to the other doesn't mean he's faking his injuries, or that they are less in severity than was originally thought. BB does allow HM's to take any prescribed meds they happen to be on, and does provide pain killers, cold medicine, etc., when needed. Someone's problems can be lessened for a bit when they take such meds.

So enough of this underhanded way of trying to say that Gary is faking it all, is at 100% mental and physical health, and couldn't POSSIBLY have anything truly wrong with him.

I have a problem with one of my legs. Sometimes it is mostly ok, but other times it gives me EXCRUCIATING pain and is very debilitating. The good, relatively pain-free moments don't mean that my problem doesn't exist or that I'm faking it.

Asinine.
Okay so;
1. Drop the attitude.
2. when did i ever say that he was faking it all? i didn't, i said it's funny how one minute he was incredibly active and spritely, but now people are saying that he's so fragile and that he was in desperate need of a chair that very instance, when he looked completely fine.
3. I've deal with two people who are in pain every single day, so i know what pain is and what it looks lie, you don't need to explain that to me tyvm.
__________________
Liam- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:23 PM   #56
smudgie
Senior Member
 
smudgie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: God's own Country
Posts: 21,676

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton


Default



Most people would know that you give an argument time to settle down, you don't follow somebody about after it.
Gary is either ignorant of socially inept..I go for the for the ignorant option.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:25 PM   #57
Ultimist
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 38

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
BB15: Chris
BBUSA16: Donny
BBCanada 2: Heather
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamPRW View Post
Okay so;
1. Drop the attitude.
2. when did i ever say that he was faking it all? i didn't
1. No attitude here.

2. Oh, please... You're smart enough to know how to imply things without coming out and actually saying them. It's a sneaky way of making such implications while still allowing oneself a backdoor to escape through if called out for it.

3. Dealing with someone in pain isn't the same as experiencing the pain yourself. If some caregivers could actually experience the intensity and severity of the pain their "patients" are going through, they might be a bit more understanding about crankiness, perceived rudeness, etc. Pain can do terrible things to a person's personality because, dammit, it hurts! The last thing someone in pain needs is someone getting angry with them or implying that their pain may not be real. It adds insult to injury and makes that person's existence even more miserable. Compassion is called for, and that involves keeping one's insensitivity and rudeness to themselves when dealing with such people.
Ultimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:46 PM   #58
Nell_McCoy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 170

Favourites:
BB15: Ashleigh
Default

What part of "DESIGNATED SMOKING AREA" do people not understand? Typical non-smoker selfish attitudes..........throw all the smokers out to some shabby makeshift beer garden in rain. hail and snow.......then come outside on a nice sunny day and yap and gurn about all the outside tables being taken up by the smokers who have sat there all ****ing winter. Dee has shown her true colours and I dislike her, Gary has been badly treated by practically every single housemate BUT don't suggest a smoker who's upset should move from the smoking area. Edele should have kept her nose out she made a bad situation worse. And BTW Dee's weight is irrelevant to the issue.
Nell_McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:10 PM   #59
jaxie
Senior Member
 
jaxie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 7,038

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimist View Post
What is it with some of you people and this little habit of mitigating all of Gary's problems to the point of non-existence?

In another thread it was implied that because Gary can form complete sentences most of the time, he must not REALLY have brain injuries.

And now this.

You DO realize that a person with any type of limitations or injuries can sometimes have a good day, or a good hour, where a sore knee or a brain problem can be less of an issue. It's like with anything else. Sometimes pains and ills let up for a bit, and a person can have a littlle peace.

Just because Gary can walk from one end of the garden to the other doesn't mean he's faking his injuries, or that they are less in severity than was originally thought. BB does allow HM's to take any prescribed meds they happen to be on, and does provide pain killers, cold medicine, etc., when needed. Someone's problems can be lessened for a bit when they take such meds.

So enough of this underhanded way of trying to say that Gary is faking it all, is at 100% mental and physical health, and couldn't POSSIBLY have anything truly wrong with him.

I have a problem with one of my legs. Sometimes it is mostly ok, but other times it gives me EXCRUCIATING pain and is very debilitating. The good, relatively pain-free moments don't mean that my problem doesn't exist or that I'm faking it.

Asinine.
__________________
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
Terry Pratchett

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:11 PM   #60
Pete.
Can I get a witness?
 
Pete.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 38,898

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage
Apprentice 2019: Jemelin
The Circle 2019: Georgina


Default

Let Edele live
__________________
Pete. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:34 PM   #61
kirklancaster
Senior Member
 
kirklancaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 13,377


Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamPRW View Post
Nope, Gary normally sits in the seat by the step, Dee was sat on the one near the wall.
Like Gary then I stand - me corrected, and him because he has been refused a seat in the garden.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:40 PM   #62
Jules2
Senior Member
 
Jules2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post


Most people would know that you give an argument time to settle down, you don't follow somebody about after it.
Gary is either ignorant of socially inept..I go for the for the ignorant option.
Perhaps he would have liked to sort it out sensibly instead of which to see them sat together would have made him think that they were talking about him and against him which we know they are. Edelle should have kept her nose out of it and let Dee and Gary chat why should he be made the scapegoat all of the time.
Jules2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:52 PM   #63
rubymoo
Senior Member
 
rubymoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Deep in the woods, with pixies and fairies
Posts: 3,098
Blog Entries: 2

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
The Voice: Jermain Jackman
CBB 13: Jim Davidson
I'maCeleb2013: Kian Egan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimist View Post
What is it with some of you people and this little habit of mitigating all of Gary's problems to the point of non-existence?

In another thread it was implied that because Gary can form complete sentences most of the time, he must not REALLY have brain injuries.

And now this.

You DO realize that a person with any type of limitations or injuries can sometimes have a good day, or a good hour, where a sore knee or a brain problem can be less of an issue. It's like with anything else. Sometimes pains and ills let up for a bit, and a person can have a littlle peace.

Just because Gary can walk from one end of the garden to the other doesn't mean he's faking his injuries, or that they are less in severity than was originally thought. BB does allow HM's to take any prescribed meds they happen to be on, and does provide pain killers, cold medicine, etc., when needed. Someone's problems can be lessened for a bit when they take such meds.

So enough of this underhanded way of trying to say that Gary is faking it all, is at 100% mental and physical health, and couldn't POSSIBLY have anything truly wrong with him.

I have a problem with one of my legs. Sometimes it is mostly ok, but other times it gives me EXCRUCIATING pain and is very debilitating. The good, relatively pain-free moments don't mean that my problem doesn't exist or that I'm faking it.

Asinine.
I've read through this thread over and over and do not see once that LiamPRW has said Gary is faking it.

This thread is about Edele saying to Gary to basically give Dee some space after an argument, it makes me sad you can't see it for what it is.

Last edited by rubymoo; 09-09-2014 at 08:54 PM.
rubymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:17 PM   #64
the truth
User banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamPRW View Post
Okay so;
1. Drop the attitude.
2. when did i ever say that he was faking it all? i didn't, i said it's funny how one minute he was incredibly active and spritely, but now people are saying that he's so fragile and that he was in desperate need of a chair that very instance, when he looked completely fine.
3. I've deal with two people who are in pain every single day, so i know what pain is and what it looks lie, you don't need to explain that to me tyvm.
If 3 is true why have you shown him zero empathy
the truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:18 PM   #65
the truth
User banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimist View Post
1. No attitude here.

2. Oh, please... You're smart enough to know how to imply things without coming out and actually saying them. It's a sneaky way of making such implications while still allowing oneself a backdoor to escape through if called out for it.

3. Dealing with someone in pain isn't the same as experiencing the pain yourself. If some caregivers could actually experience the intensity and severity of the pain their "patients" are going through, they might be a bit more understanding about crankiness, perceived rudeness, etc. Pain can do terrible things to a person's personality because, dammit, it hurts! The last thing someone in pain needs is someone getting angry with them or implying that their pain may not be real. It adds insult to injury and makes that person's existence even more miserable. Compassion is called for, and that involves keeping one's insensitivity and rudeness to themselves when dealing with such people.
brilliant post. maybe thats why we have so many cruel uncaring nurses in the UK
the truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
edele, you cant sit out here

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:53 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts