Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 10-09-2014, 10:28 AM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trasadkel1 View Post
This is why BB is going down the pan.i think people lose all sense of perspective when watching it nowadays. I am sure it took you a long time to write this but. I have to say I totally disagree with it. This is not the real world we are watching. It is a heavily edited entertainment show with tasks and set up situations that are designed to cause conflict. We only get to see snippets that they want to show us and this is then condensed down into 45 minutes out of the 24 hours.

Now we have no live feed we can only base our assumptions on what the editors select to show us. This is my gripe with BB now as it is turning more into a scripted reality show rather than the game it should be. Housemates are given far too much input and tasks are designed to cause conflict. They always have to have their villains and their victim.

The public find their victim and then support them no matter what. In this case it is Gary. He can do no wrong despite the fact that, in the back of our minds, we know from evicted housemates etc that is not the case. Then his behaviour is excused because he is old, brain damaged etc etc. I think Mr Busey himself would be quite disappointed to find that he is being likened to some frail, senile old fool who needs a carer to look after him. I credit him with far more intelligence than that and happen to think he is very aware of what he is doing. It is quite obvious he speaks and behaves differently in the diary room to when he is around the other housemates.

For me I will be voting my winner based on who has entertained me the most in the house and no other reason.

No sense of perspective? So you are judging your winner how and on what? Oh yes, the same footage that we are judging Mr Busey, Meatloaf Dee and Bully Elliot. The exact same footage. All this program does is replicate real life and the games people play now, every night and every day now, never meaning what say now, never saying what they mean, while they while away their hours.......

Yes, it's a gold fish bowl, a pressure cooker { if you let it be} and I cannot emphasise that enough, they are all fighting Mr Busey, in that sense they are all game playing, but people do the exact thing in real life, just in there there is no escape, nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. Everything is magnified. They know deep down that Mr Busey is the man to topple and they have tried it every which way but loose. They've bullied him,they have ostracised him, they have sent him to Coventry, the have whispered about him, they have been mean towards him and tried to humiliate him. Now these aren't made up events, we have actually witnessed them.

What has Gary done in return, soaked it all up, tried to adapt, improve, be the better person. I don't think he's uttered one negative word about anyone, always wanting to see the good in that person.

Above all this HE'S ENTERTAINED US. He's not a victim and has NEVER professed to be. He just wish they would cut him a little slack. Yes he can be frustrating to live with, no doubt. But surely that is the measure of his housemates to accommodate his failings and to bring what they consider the 'weakest' member of the group into the fold so they could all get along as one.

Instead they chose to challenge him, berate him, they have warnings for bullying him and being inconsiderate. In short, the other housemates have shown them selves up for what and who they are. Egocentric, selfish, closed, overbearing, rude, at times despicable human beings.

By their actions they have done two things, upped Gary's profile and lowered their own. The complete opposite to what they were trying achieve.

Last edited by delta; 10-09-2014 at 10:31 AM.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:36 AM #27

Quote:
This is why BB is going down the pan.i think people lose all sense of perspective when watching it nowadays. I am sure it took you a long time to write this but. I have to say I totally disagree with it. This is not the real world we are watching. It is a heavily edited entertainment show with tasks and set up situations that are designed to cause conflict. We only get to see snippets that they want to show us and this is then condensed down into 45 minutes out of the 24 hours.

Now we have no live feed we can only base our assumptions on what the editors select to show us. This is my gripe with BB now as it is turning more into a scripted reality show rather than the game it should be. Housemates are given far too much input and tasks are designed to cause conflict. They always have to have their villains and their victim.

The public find their victim and then support them no matter what. In this case it is Gary. He can do no wrong despite the fact that, in the back of our minds, we know from evicted housemates etc that is not the case. Then his behaviour is excused because he is old, brain damaged etc etc. I think Mr Busey himself would be quite disappointed to find that he is being likened to some frail, senile old fool who needs a carer to look after him. I credit him with far more intelligence than that and happen to think he is very aware of what he is doing. It is quite obvious he speaks and behaves differently in the diary room to when he is around the other housemates.

For me I will be voting my winner based on who has entertained me the most in the house and no other reason.
It's not that he can do no wrong, it's that he has factually done no wrong by what we have witnessed. Is he angelic? No, but pretty damn close to be honest, especially considering the **** he's put up with in there. I would've been in a straight jacket by the end of it. I'm not saying he was right in every single case within the house, but he's not confrontational by nature. They always instigate the problem and bring the multitude of arguments to him not visa versa. Being a problem and causing a problem are two very different things.

I think Gary is being his kind self. Only once did I notice Gary on purpose use his hard of hearing card to great advantage. Whilst Stephanie was talking really loudly at him he kept asking if she could speak louder. I can only hope he did it on purpose because it still wouldn't come close to the nastiness they have spat his way.

I think what I hate the most is that Gary took what they were saying most of the time at face value and genuinely appreciated the nastiness they threw his way. He has finally noticed that they have so much animosity that he can no longer pass it off as a mere coincidence when it is coming at him so often.

They demonstrate outright pack behaviour and have fooled themselves into thinking that the majority opinion is right. James is constantly saying something along the lines of "we can't all be wrong can we Gary" and the simple answer is yes, you can all be wrong. The majority of Germany went along with Hitlers Nazi regime, were they all right too? Of course not, they also went along with this pack mentality because it was beneficial to their way of living due to the terrible economy.

I have not lost all sense of perspective, I went in with an open mind about everyone and the only decent people left in there are Gary, Audley and Lauren in that order. I include Lauren because funnily enough I think getting drunk caused a rift within her between herself and the pack and now she can see the other side more clearly because of it. Well she may well prove me wrong before the series ends but from what I've seen of her more recently has been pleasing to watch. Particularly when Ricci assumed that she should side with him. At the late mid section of the series I had some hope for James believe it or not, because he was being much kinder to Gary and was trying to help him out more. I still wonder whether that was JUST because Big Brother told him to or whether he genuinely wanted to. I gave him the benefit of the doubt there and thought hey, maybe he is trying to be better about it all. Then we get to the recent situation where he's become a complete ****** again which to me denotes his true person.

Last edited by Philanthropite; 10-09-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Philanthropite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:40 AM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philanthropite View Post
First time posting in the forum but I feel that this has to be said. I, like most of you have been following CBB 14 and truly struggle in forming sentences to reciprocate my feelings for the nastiness shown towards Gary. Particularly how bad this pair have treated Gary. It is an absolute travesty that the kindest housemate I have ever witnessed on any Big Brother is treated like the vilest scum by almost everyone else within the house.

I knew little of any of the shows characters when I began watching and I've tried to give many of the housemates the benefit of the doubt. I understand that someone can momentarily be nasty or retort in a way that doesn't truly demonstrate who they are, heck we've all probably done it at some point in our lives and will never know because we don't have a camera following us 24/7.

However I'm now at a breaking point towards Big Brothers leniency with how atrocious he's been treated because it has continued day in and day out, non-*********g-stop. It's arrived to a point where I actually feel awkward following the series, because by watching it, I feel as if I'm justifying their behavior. I feel compelled to watch it for it's conclusion but this is not entertainment, it is downright sickening.

Don't get me wrong, Gary by himself is a comical genius. Even with how he's dealt in and around the arguments which the other housemates have often caused. Yet time after time, they make a mountain out of a mole-hill in almost every scenario involving Gary. The worst part about it is they all use each other when Gary isn't around to cry on each others shoulders and emotionally help themselves to pity. Leaving Gary like usual to fend for himself amongst this pack of wolves.

And we're at a point now where I look down on anyone who would genuinely vote to keep James or Dee in the house. The entertainment card is no longer a justifiable point to keep a pair of bullies in the house, PERIOD. Arguments and banter can be entertaining to watch but its all one-sided because most of the time Gary isn't given a decent chance to speak. All they do is go on about how rude he is whilst being rude to his face. It's utter lunacy to watch, I mean are they so warped that they've fooled themselves into believing they are right? I know many of us always believe ourselves to be right but even then surely nobody normally acts like this towards people they've only known for less than a month.

Their mentality is akin to outright prejudice because they often have no way to justify themselves and devolve most of their arguments into nonsense. Audley and Frenchy were never nasty to Gary but why are they the only ones that have any sense of *********g decency? Audley said that he grew up and understood what prejudice behavior was like because he himself experienced it growing up, due to his colour, and I believe that is why he can see exactly what is going on. I don't blame him for distancing himself since he's playing to win and I hope he's laughing whilst they all verbally crucify themselves. It would be great to see him vouch for Gary but I also don't blame him for not intervening and besides from that he's often never around when most of the arguments happen.

Where do I begin.... To those who believe Gary was wrong in taking his pants off in the Kitchen - did anyone think about the fact that if his knee was in extreme pain then he wouldn't be able to move anyway. It made PERFECT sense for him to sit down and adjust his knee, what do they expect? Gary to *********g crawl to the bathroom? I've read some of the forums where people talk about other members who use the age/brain damage card as their line of defense for Gary. OF COURSE THEY DO, it's a FACT, nobodies making his problems up and he had as much right as ANYONE to enter that house, regardless of his circumstances. Do you think his old age or brain damage just disappears from one time to another? It will be an ongoing cause for most of the houses situations involving him because they have no decency or courtesy to even understand his problems.

Funnily enough I agree with one thing James said all series: "You need to earn respect, you don't just deserve it". Of course the context in which he used it towards Gary was completely misused and untrue but what he said was right. Here's my problem though, respect comes in all different sizes, it is not one simple meaning - an old person can be an asshole, in which case I would have less respect for his personality, but I'll be damned if that means I don't have respect for the situation he is in because of his age. It's as if James thinks no respect should be shown at all, in any way, shape or form simply because he doesn't like his personality and has conflicts of difference.

Don't even get me started about Dee, she's been two-faced the entire series and deserves no respect much like James. On two occasions she's threatened violence towards both Gary and his wife now too which is outrageous. You would have thought that the letter that Gary's wife sent him would have given them a heads up to the **** storm outside the house waiting for them, but no, they aren't intelligent enough to pick up on the subtle messages within the letters. Even Edeles letter had a sly message of respecting Gary in there but it's as if anything involving Gary now sparks more fireworks regardless of the subject.

I'm absolutely ashamed that we have ******s like James and Dee representing the British and Dee even slots right into the a-typical stereotype of the benefit leeches that exist today. Believe me I wanted to like Dee but she has no redeeming factors whatsoever.

The rest of the housemates are vile too, aside from Audley, heck even George and Edele have jumped on the Gary bully bandwagon, though I saw signs of it in early days anyway. Edele seems fairly intelligent because she recently mentioned she see's that Gary can be an easy target but STILL latches onto him to vent which is utter hypocrisy. This is not an act, it is who they are, they might play up towards the cameras, but people living their daily lives together for a month would naturally slide into their own personas. Don't let them fool you for one second...

Despite Lauren being a bit too happy with how much she drinks, I'm glad she stuck up for Gary, because whenever I see it happen even once, it's a cause for celebration. Ricci is just suckling on his Dee moms tit and will follow her like a dog until the end, especially now that he knows he and Lauren won't be happening anytime soon.

I hope Gary or Audley will win but have a feeling George might because the public are deluded and blinded by his bubbly personality. He's by far not the worst housemate but by no means the best either. He's as guilty as the rest of them and it would sicken me just as much to see him win. He tries to make a joke out of everything and I can only think of him like the un-funny jester of the house. He slides away from every single argument and it was great to see Lauren argue with him (though she had no basis of argument whatsoever) and it was interesting to see him squirm under the pressure. He can't deal with it but expects Gary to put up with it constantly? Go ****** yourself as well George.
Great post, for the first posting you are brilliant. You have everything down to a T. Nothing can be added as you have said it all.

I would like to think that Lauren doesnt go tonight, let her stay until the end she is finding her strength to actually say how she feels, she has come out of the sheep pen. Take care now.....
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:47 AM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip View Post
It seems that viewers don't care so much that Gary be spared "suffering" - more that they get to see the hero win in the end and the villains lose.
Are you saying that James is a villain For me it isnt a case of Hero and Villain, it is a game and they have each played their part in there to entertain us. I think a lot just prefer Gary's "game" than James and vice versa, that is how it should be. I think if Gary were in pain he would have left long ago, the pain has been him knowing that all the HMs with the exception of Audley and now Lauren, are against him. He was told from the beginning that he was disliked by all but he is still there through his own self awareness and his positive thought. It is a truth that up until now, he has never said a thing against any of the HMs, if it is happening now he has done very well to last this long.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:54 AM #30

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Very well laid out post OP and welcome to the forums. Obviously you put a lot of thought into it. I am a Gary Audley and Edele fan and I only want them in the top 3 because NOBODY else deserves it. I do however think that Gary has used his incredible acting ability on more than one occasion and the thing I had the problem with in the start the night they went in was : Is Gary Busey legend and all that he is the right housemate for the house where his ailments could hinder him and he might be a target for ridicule, impatience etc. I honestly hand on heart don't think that Big Brother was the right show for him. However he is saying he is enjoying the experience so any vile words or actions directed towards him seem to be water off a ducks back. I think many people love him for the star that he is but many love him because of the way he has been treated in the house.

That was the sole reason that Shilpa Shetty won her series. She wasn't entertaining many people had never heard of her gut Jade Jo and Danielle handed the winners title to her on a silver platter when they ganged up on her. If Gary Audley or Edel win or if they are in the top three I will be more than happy. I know you said Edele is vile towards Gary also and I admit she has had her disagreements with him and a few snide comments but she has NEVER patronised him or looked down on him in the evil way that most other houseamtes have. And yes Lauren stuck up for him but lets not forget the vicious way she talked to him only a few short weeks ago, belittling him and putting him down.

Well done again on your post and welcome to the forums
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:57 AM #31

Quote:
It's not that he can do no wrong, it's that he has factually done no wrong by what we have witnessed. Is he angelic? No, but pretty damn close to be honest, especially considering the **** he's put up with in there. I would've been in a straight jacket by the end of it. I'm not saying he was right in every single case within the house, but he's not confrontational by nature. They always instigate the problem and bring the multitude of arguments to him not visa versa. Being a problem and causing a problem are two very different things.

I think Gary is being his kind self. Only once did I notice Gary on purpose use his hard of hearing card to great advantage. Whilst Stephanie was talking really loudly at him he kept asking if she could speak louder. I can only hope he did it on purpose because it still wouldn't come close to the nastiness they have spat his way.

I think what I hate the most is that Gary took what they were saying most of the time at face value and genuinely appreciated the nastiness they threw his way. He has finally noticed that they have so much animosity that he can no longer pass it off as a mere coincidence when it is coming at him so often.

They demonstrate outright pack behaviour and have fooled themselves into thinking that the majority opinion is right. James is constantly saying something along the lines of "we can't all be wrong can we Gary" and the simple answer is yes, you can all be wrong. The majority of Germany went along with Hitlers Nazi regime, were they all right too? Of course not, they also went along with this pack mentality because it was beneficial to their way of living due to the terrible economy.

I have not lost all sense of perspective, I went in with an open mind about everyone and the only decent people left in there are Gary, Audley and Lauren in that order. I include Lauren because funnily enough I think getting drunk caused a rift within her between herself and the pack and now she can see the other side more clearly because of it. Well she may well prove me wrong before the series ends but from what I've seen of her more recently has been pleasing to watch. Particularly when Ricci assumed that she should side him with. At the late mid section of the series I had some hope for James believe it or not, because he was being much kinder to Gary and was trying to help him out more. I still wonder whether that was JUST because Big Brother tole him to or whether he genuinely wanted to. I gave him the benefit of the doubt there and thought hey, maybe he is trying to be better about it all. Then we get to the recent situation where he's become a complete ****** again which to me denotes his true person.
Great post again, many say re the edits but we also have to remember that we have watched live feed. One was truly gruesome and yes the edits are wrong in this instance they gave the HMs the total benefit of the doubt but it was wrong. They were horrendous toward him.

James well he didnt like having to bow down to Gary in his task so he has since lost any delusion of affection for Gary. He knows that really he cannot put him down to his face anymore, he can only stir the pot with the others. He got his prime time viewing with all his rudeness and mistreatment of what he deemed Gary to be. He has never helped him. James is part of the sheep pen but hopefully the pen will open and he wont win.

GARY: AUDLEY and now LAUREN for my top three. Am going to put votes in for all three today and hope that Lauren doesnt go tonight.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:03 AM #32

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

Quote:
First time posting in the forum but I feel that this has to be said. I, like most of you have been following CBB 14 and truly struggle in forming sentences to reciprocate my feelings for the nastiness shown towards Gary. Particularly how bad this pair have treated Gary. It is an absolute travesty that the kindest housemate I have ever witnessed on any Big Brother is treated like the vilest scum by almost everyone else within the house.

I knew little of any of the shows characters when I began watching and I've tried to give many of the housemates the benefit of the doubt. I understand that someone can momentarily be nasty or retort in a way that doesn't truly demonstrate who they are, heck we've all probably done it at some point in our lives and will never know because we don't have a camera following us 24/7.

However I'm now at a breaking point towards Big Brothers leniency with how atrocious he's been treated because it has continued day in and day out, non-*********g-stop. It's arrived to a point where I actually feel awkward following the series, because by watching it, I feel as if I'm justifying their behavior. I feel compelled to watch it for it's conclusion but this is not entertainment, it is downright sickening.

Don't get me wrong, Gary by himself is a comical genius. Even with how he's dealt in and around the arguments which the other housemates have often caused. Yet time after time, they make a mountain out of a mole-hill in almost every scenario involving Gary. The worst part about it is they all use each other when Gary isn't around to cry on each others shoulders and emotionally help themselves to pity. Leaving Gary like usual to fend for himself amongst this pack of wolves.

And we're at a point now where I look down on anyone who would genuinely vote to keep James or Dee in the house. The entertainment card is no longer a justifiable point to keep a pair of bullies in the house, PERIOD. Arguments and banter can be entertaining to watch but its all one-sided because most of the time Gary isn't given a decent chance to speak. All they do is go on about how rude he is whilst being rude to his face. It's utter lunacy to watch, I mean are they so warped that they've fooled themselves into believing they are right? I know many of us always believe ourselves to be right but even then surely nobody normally acts like this towards people they've only known for less than a month.

Their mentality is akin to outright prejudice because they often have no way to justify themselves and devolve most of their arguments into nonsense. Audley and Frenchy were never nasty to Gary but why are they the only ones that have any sense of *********g decency? Audley said that he grew up and understood what prejudice behavior was like because he himself experienced it growing up, due to his colour, and I believe that is why he can see exactly what is going on. I don't blame him for distancing himself since he's playing to win and I hope he's laughing whilst they all verbally crucify themselves. It would be great to see him vouch for Gary but I also don't blame him for not intervening and besides from that he's often never around when most of the arguments happen.

Where do I begin.... To those who believe Gary was wrong in taking his pants off in the Kitchen - did anyone think about the fact that if his knee was in extreme pain then he wouldn't be able to move anyway. It made PERFECT sense for him to sit down and adjust his knee, what do they expect? Gary to *********g crawl to the bathroom? I've read some of the forums where people talk about other members who use the age/brain damage card as their line of defense for Gary. OF COURSE THEY DO, it's a FACT, nobodies making his problems up and he had as much right as ANYONE to enter that house, regardless of his circumstances. Do you think his old age or brain damage just disappears from one time to another? It will be an ongoing cause for most of the houses situations involving him because they have no decency or courtesy to even understand his problems.

Funnily enough I agree with one thing James said all series: "You need to earn respect, you don't just deserve it". Of course the context in which he used it towards Gary was completely misused and untrue but what he said was right. Here's my problem though, respect comes in all different sizes, it is not one simple meaning - an old person can be an asshole, in which case I would have less respect for his personality, but I'll be damned if that means I don't have respect for the situation he is in because of his age. It's as if James thinks no respect should be shown at all, in any way, shape or form simply because he doesn't like his personality and has conflicts of difference.

Don't even get me started about Dee, she's been two-faced the entire series and deserves no respect much like James. On two occasions she's threatened violence towards both Gary and his wife now too which is outrageous. You would have thought that the letter that Gary's wife sent him would have given them a heads up to the **** storm outside the house waiting for them, but no, they aren't intelligent enough to pick up on the subtle messages within the letters. Even Edeles letter had a sly message of respecting Gary in there but it's as if anything involving Gary now sparks more fireworks regardless of the subject.

I'm absolutely ashamed that we have ******s like James and Dee representing the British and Dee even slots right into the a-typical stereotype of the benefit leeches that exist today. Believe me I wanted to like Dee but she has no redeeming factors whatsoever.

The rest of the housemates are vile too, aside from Audley, heck even George and Edele have jumped on the Gary bully bandwagon, though I saw signs of it in early days anyway. Edele seems fairly intelligent because she recently mentioned she see's that Gary can be an easy target but STILL latches onto him to vent which is utter hypocrisy. This is not an act, it is who they are, they might play up towards the cameras, but people living their daily lives together for a month would naturally slide into their own personas. Don't let them fool you for one second...

Despite Lauren being a bit too happy with how much she drinks, I'm glad she stuck up for Gary, because whenever I see it happen even once, it's a cause for celebration. Ricci is just suckling on his Dee moms tit and will follow her like a dog until the end, especially now that he knows he and Lauren won't be happening anytime soon.

I hope Gary or Audley will win but have a feeling George might because the public are deluded and blinded by his bubbly personality. He's by far not the worst housemate but by no means the best either. He's as guilty as the rest of them and it would sicken me just as much to see him win. He tries to make a joke out of everything and I can only think of him like the un-funny jester of the house. He slides away from every single argument and it was great to see Lauren argue with him (though she had no basis of argument whatsoever) and it was interesting to see him squirm under the pressure. He can't deal with it but expects Gary to put up with it constantly? Go ****** yourself as well George.
Awesome post you put that perfectly and I couldn't agree more.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:06 AM #33

Quote:

It is only right that we vote for our winner based on who has entertained us, in this instance we have all admired Gary and he is our entertainment. To get the facts we do really need to watch LF as the ones so far have given the HMs the benefit of the doubt, they have conveniently left out the part where they segregated Gary, they were all like a little coven sending out their spells of hatred. So yes it is edited but a lot for the HMs benefit. This is so wrong as we do not get the true facts.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:21 AM #34

Favourites (more):
BB15: Ashleigh

Favourites (more):
BB15: Ashleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPing View Post
James is someone who I would never associate myself with in the real world, But to call anyone else a bully is wrong, Gary should have been wearing underpants, I mean WTF lol . Dee didn't actually react that badly to him getting nude, she just loudly said to James to 'sort it out' and then explained to him what was wrong which is completely fair. People are getting this mixed up with the much more volatile later argument, but are conveniently forgetting that Gary was at fault because he was (wrongly) convinced that Dee had called him bitter, when she had agreed the opposite that he was NOT bitter. BUT alas the people on here will forever be defending Gary.
Why is Gary not wearing underpants such an issue lots of men dont (my husband included)for a variety of reasons. Ok sitting on the kitchen stool wasnt that nice but understable if it was the nearest seat. We have had far worse in previous bbs eg Bianca stripping off and running into that sewer thing for no better reason than that she wanted air time. Every series someone has got naked with a lot less fuss made about it
for
susie q is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:44 PM #35

Favourites:

Favourites:

I would just like to tell you all a funny story. I just got a warning that multiple accounts aren't allowed and I contacted mods about it as I don't have any other accounts. Then I gave my son a shout who has his own PC in another room and asked if he was on this forum. The OP of this thread is my son, neither of us knew the other was here and I have to say I'm all teared up with pride right now about his incredible first post here.

Welcome to the forum son.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 10-09-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:21 PM #36

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
This for me is where you make the mistake of assuming that fans of Gary think he can do no wrong. I think most Gary fans know he can be difficult to live with, i dont know many that have said otherwise. The main thing is the HM's are not tolerant of his hearing difficulty which he admitted himself must wear thin but the bitching & sometimes down right nasty comments made behind his back and too his face because he has either said or done something they do not approve of is awful. There is no need for them to be like that with him. As Edele said, when you are frustrated/annoyed Gary is the easy option to take it out on. He gets support because not only is he a great HM he is also been treated badly by people who should know better.
This assumption that you point out from non Gary fans is I think where their argument often falls down because fans of Gary don't say he can do no wrong. My personal opinions are solely based on how I see him treated and that really hasn't even much to do with his age or medical conditions though I do take those into account. It's more for me how a group of people treat one individual, misinterpret what he says and shout him down when he tries to speak.

― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 10-09-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:38 PM #37
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi

Great explosive entrance to the forum !

You will be glad to know you have plenty of support from members who feel the same about Gary and the way he has been treated.

Especially when he never says a bad word about others, he always looks for the best in everyone and in every situation - he's even made the changes that they 'educate' him about and yet they STILL lay into him at every opportunity!

Never has a HM deserved a win as much as Gary does this year.

Go Team Gary ! Let's make sure we all vote - for BB justice !
Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:33 PM #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules2 View Post
Are you saying that James is a villain For me it isnt a case of Hero and Villain, it is a game and they have each played their part in there to entertain us. I think a lot just prefer Gary's "game" than James and vice versa, that is how it should be. I think if Gary were in pain he would have left long ago, the pain has been him knowing that all the HMs with the exception of Audley and now Lauren, are against him. He was told from the beginning that he was disliked by all but he is still there through his own self awareness and his positive thought. It is a truth that up until now, he has never said a thing against any of the HMs, if it is happening now he has done very well to last this long.
I don't mind who wins or loses. However, I was talking about those who are apparently seriously distressed that Gary is a victim of "bullying" - but continue to watch the program and just hope that Gary wins and that the "bullies" hear boos. I can only assume that either they don't think Gary is genuinely distressed by "bullying" or they don't mind too much if he is as long as he wins and they can insult others?

Last edited by Tip; 10-09-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Tip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:45 PM #39

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
CBB18: Stephen Bear

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
CBB18: Stephen Bear

Smelly Gary should go. The remaining housemates deserve a few days of fun without Mr Stinky spoiling it.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:48 PM #40

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karezza View Post
Smelly Gary should go. The remaining housemates deserve a few days of fun without Mr Stinky spoiling it.

― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 10-09-2014 at 05:49 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
Audley Harrison, busey, dee, Dee Kelly, Edele Lynch, gary, Gary Busey, james, james jordan