Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 11-09-2014, 10:46 PM #26

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Its not possible to bully someone that is strong enough to stand up to them. It doesn't condone the behaviour of the person trying to bully, they are still nasty
True & well said.

Methinks Colin believes he has laid me a trap.
And is waiting until the the jaws go 'Snap'
For 'tis a strange question he did ask,
But fear not - I am equal to the task.

Gary To Win
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 03:44 AM #27

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Lionel Blair

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Lionel Blair

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Yes. Why?
First, I'm wondering how people who are bullied would feel if you told them they are weaker than the bully.

Also, I'm a little confused. You've referred to James bullying Audley. According to you, the only way that's possible is that Audley is weaker than James.
colin72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:39 AM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin72 View Post
First, I'm wondering how people who are bullied would feel if you told them they are weaker than the bully.

Also, I'm a little confused. You've referred to James bullying Audley. According to you, the only way that's possible is that Audley is weaker than James.
Hi Colin,

I wish it were possible to do this over a pint in the snug of a country pub - but alas it's not.

Firstly, I sincerely believe that all victims of bullying are self-aware that they are weaker than the bully, but this may not be actual physical weakness, it could be mental or emotional weakness, or it could even be weakness wrought by the particular circumstances the victim is in at the time of the bullying.

I have already stated that James has insulted, mocked, and challenged Audley. This is bullying. Audley, is a highly skilled professional heavyweight boxer who would utterly destroy James in any type of fight were he to rise to the bait and retaliate. However, Audley is also far more mature and grounded than James, is in the CBB house and therefore subject to the conditions in the contract he has signed preventing such violence. In addition, he would also - most certainly - have his licence to box revoked by the British Boxing Board of Control, were he to retaliate to James' bullying. In this set of circumstances, Audley, despite being the physically superior man and fighter, is being bullied by James.

An adult lion would destroy any unarmed man within minutes, so then, can we categorise it as anything else but bullying, when a 76 kg man regularly delights in poking a caged 180 kg lion with a sharp stick through the bars just for fun? In this set of circumstances, the lion, despite being physically superior is being bullied.

How many physically superior black men were chained, flogged and enslaved by wholly inferior weak white men during the years of slavery? How many physically superior young Jews who resisted boarding the Nazi 'death trains' were beaten by rifle butts and poked by bayonets wielded by skinny, pimply, 18 year old German soldiers?

Sometimes, the weakest of men can be the most horrendous bullies, because their position empowers them. There are hundreds of Employment Tribunal Cases involving bullying bosses. Some of the victims of these bullies have been physically huge men while their bosses have resembled 6 stone 'nerds'. Other victims have been highly qualified intellectuals, whilst their bosses have been far less qualified and mental pygmies by comparison.

Then there are the Dictators. Hitler, Nicolae and Elena Ceausescu, Mugabe, Stalin etc. Hardly impressive or superior human beings in any way, but some of the cruelest, vilest bullies in history.

So, yes, bullying happens, even if the victim is equal to - or even superior to - the bully.

Finally, I would like to expound on my statement which you took so great an exception to; that all bullies are cowards. I do not, cannot, accept that bullying is anything other than cowardice. The very act of bullying is not - cannot ever be - the act of a truly courageous or heroic person. It does not ever matter how many brave feats a man has carried out, or how strong and fearless he may be, if he resorts at any time to bullying, then he is a coward. I would add, that history is littered with examples of 'brave' powerful men who became cowards once their power was removed and their circumstances changed. Hitler may be the best known example, but my favourite is the Emperor Valerian:

Valerian was Roman Emperor from 253 to 259 and during his reign was responsible for the persecution, torture, and murder of thousands of Christians. In 260 AD, Valerian was tricked and captured by the Persian King Shapur I. Did this brave heroic man go down fighting on the end of a Persian blade? No. He succumbed and spent the rest of his life in chains serving Shapur, who humiliated him by using him as his own personal mounting stool. On command, Valerian would scurry to Shapur's horse and get down on his hands and knees while Shapur trod on his back and used him as the stool to mount his horse.

I am sometimes being told on here that I am OTT in my posts on some of the house mates, that it's only 'a game', but I don't care. I have witnessed some of the most vile people who have been on television under the guise of being a 'celebrity' (an overused term if ever there was one)patently, wilfully and systematically bully a 70 year old disabled man - who, as far as my senses have perceived from what has been shown on the main CBB program and its subsidiaries, and from what as been reported by unimpeachable sources on what hasn't been shown - has done absolutely nothing to deserve such horrific treatment. Not that there is anything a 70 year old disabled man with brain damage could ever do that justifies being bullied in such a barbaric manner.

During these programs, the vile behaviour of these vile people has been only too real. It is the way they are. It is in their psychological make up. It may be a 'game' show, but the bullying has been real. The resulting humiliation and hurt has been stoically and admirably suppressed by Gary Busey, but he is suffering terribly nonetheless.

I am a passionate person and I detest some of these 'celebrities' with a vengeance. If I see such malevolence, I react and condemn it. I have no charity for the scum who perpetrate it, therefore I will use any words, any adjectives which I feel best describes such scum.

If my posts have strayed and have sometimes contained personal elements in reaction to other posters, then I sincerely apologise, but in mitigation, other posters with opposing viewpoints to mine have not shirked from inserting personal elements in their responses to me or baiting me by antagonistic 'trolling', and I have not complained.

Anyway, I hope that I have answered your questions, even if you do not agree with my sentiments. I have enjoyed these little exchanges.

Take care and best wishes.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 11:55 PM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardedbloke View Post
Adele didn't say a dickie bird to Dee when Dee said very loudly 'Can you be quiet because Gary cannot hear'. It wasn't Gary who said it. OK, so then he did pipe up 'it's their hobby to be loud' - which I thought was quite funny.

But Adele went at Gary hammer and tongs - yet did not say a word to Dee.

It was Dee who started that argument and Gary just put in his 'hobby' comment, and got blasted for it.

That house drives me crazy. They can all say and do things .... except Gary, who is called 'rude' etc. etc. the minute he says a word. It's like the rest of the house think he isn't entitled to even breathe.

Audrey's the only one who is decent in my eyes.
Yes and what really even more annoying, no-one on BBOTS brought this up, they all ignored it and none of the HM's were asked about it when they were evicted, least of all Edele.
Marymayo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
adele, dee, gary, quiet