Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 13-09-2014, 07:19 AM #1

Default Last Night

My views.

1) Did you hear Meatloaf Dee say " Bloomin 'eck we thought by being horrible to him the public would have voted him out if only we had known we would have been nice to him" ?and then that 'orrile smokers/ asthmatic chortle.

2) Bully Elliot vile- dismissive- bitter in defeat. Clearly agitated during his leaving interview. Even shouted down Emma " Listen listen" Nah bore off you misogynistic- over bearing- control freak.

3) I don't agree with people's assessment of Stephanie ( yes- she fupped up by not declaring her intentions -edging her bets and she thought she could keep Cabbage face on a back burner) But I genuinely think she missed him as soon as she got out and her feelings- once released- she could explore. So the look on her face was genuine. She actually said as much the day after that she really liked him. Will I lose any sleep over it? Nah- not in the least.Money talks so maybe she thought she would get extra exposure- who knows?

4) Audley- as diplomatic as ever. He cannot come out and really say what he thought of the rest of the house mates as it would sound like he was stooping to their lows. True gent and all round good egg.

5) Gary- It's clear -even when the house was empty- that he has problems and wasn't acting up. Shame on the rest of you. Only one true celebrity in that house and he won by a landslide and big UP to Gabrielle for speaking up for him and telling it how it was.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 07:23 AM #2

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

Dee didn't say that though did she? .. she said, they thought he was being saved because they were all arguing with him/because of him, so if they were nice to him, maybe he'd have been voted out.
Old 13-09-2014, 07:41 AM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamPRW View Post
Dee didn't say that though did she? .. she said, they thought he was being saved because they were all arguing with him/because of him, so if they were nice to him, maybe he'd have been voted out.

Oh dear, that's exactly what she said.

Read what you have put and think it through properly.

Your version of the oration doesn't make sense.

If they had thought that and they had a collective 'game plan' why didn't they change it?

or put another way.

At what point where they nice to him?

I go back to my original quote, it's not verbatim but as close to it as I can recall and the essence of it is correct. We were horrible to him 'cos we thought that the public would have voted him out, if only we had known we would have been nice to him.

Simples and makes sense.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 08:29 AM #4

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Oh dear, that's exactly what she said.

Read what you have put and think it through properly.

Your version of the oration doesn't make sense.

If they had thought that and they had a collective 'game plan' why didn't they change it?

or put another way.

At what point where they nice to him?

I go back to my original quote, it's not verbatim but as close to it as I can recall and the essence of it is correct. We were horrible to him 'cos we thought that the public would have voted him out, if only we had known we would have been nice to him.

Simples and makes sense.
The truth

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"

Last edited by Kazanne; 13-09-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 08:42 AM #5

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

Quote:
She did you are right. I think what she meant was that the we're nicer to him in the last 24 hours hoping he would go. What was telling was she virtually admitted picking on him.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 08:45 AM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
She did you are right. I think what she meant was that the we're nicer to him in the last 24 hours hoping he would go. What was telling was she virtually admitted picking on him.
We'll never see eye to eye on what she meant by it
But that you for agreeing that she didn't say what the Op is claiming she said.
Old 13-09-2014, 08:48 AM #7

I hope George starts dating Edele.

Can't stand Steph. Vile, vindictive person.
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 09:03 AM #8

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
We'll never see eye to eye on what she meant by it
But that you for agreeing that she didn't say what the Op is claiming she said.
I tell the truth as I see and hear it Liam. When we disagree it is because we have an opposing view but it doesn't mean I cant be fair if you are right.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 09:28 AM #9

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I tell the truth as I see and hear it Liam. When we disagree it is because we have an opposing view but it doesn't mean I cant be fair if you are right.
I wish more people would adopt your attitude
Old 13-09-2014, 09:51 AM #10
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Perfect result! The vile lot coming out first and Gary winning. He was so funny, coming out!
Old 13-09-2014, 10:08 AM #11

Quote:
I agree Jaxie, if we remember they were having a discussion the other night whereby they said it was because they were always picking on him and this gave him airtime. Their idea was that if they didnt pick on him he wouldnt get that time and the public would vote him out. The idiots, they had more airtime because of the way they were picking on him. Not much brain power there was there.

Did Rylan say to Dee that things had been nice the last few days and madam replied yes we tried reverse psychology being nice to him in the hope that the public would vote him out. Fancy admitting it to all and sundry, her brains are in her boots. If ever she gets into the public eye, congress etc. etc. I will buy myself a ticket to a deserted island......

Had they treated him as equal to them instead of someone lesser, it could have been a different tale. BB isnt just for having fun etc. as Ricci and George seemed to think. There was a variation of ages in there to begin with, Gary was the eldest and he won. Had they all got together we could have had many stories, we could have got to know them as individuals and not as a block of negative ageist "bullies".
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 10:26 AM #12
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

I actually thought that Dee said that they thought Gary was saved because of the way they had argued with him, and that they had changed that behaviour and been nice to him for the last few days, and what had happened then was that he had won

We also saw Ricci et all saying that they were giving him exposure by talking to him, so better to ignore him.....

The problem is that they just couldn't stop themselves from being nasty to Gary, no matter their intentions (and forced gameplay ) The only time they were pleasant was at the speeches, and that was so obviously false after their treatment of him over the previous weeks that no one believed them.

Point is that they had convinced themselves so much that their behaviour toward him was acceptable, that they couldn't see it as being wrong, and thats why they came out the house saying the things in the way that they did.

Its one of the worst displays I've ever witnessed to be honest, and although i think Gary is my favourite housemate ever, even if he had been terrible, I would still have been supporting him to win. No-one, and i mean no-one should expect to have to put up with that type of behaviour in our society today.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 10:31 AM #13
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
My views.

1) Did you hear Meatloaf Dee say " Bloomin 'eck we thought by being horrible to him the public would have voted him out if only we had known we would have been nice to him" ?and then that 'orrile smokers/ asthmatic chortle.

2) Bully Elliot vile- dismissive- bitter in defeat. Clearly agitated during his leaving interview. Even shouted down Emma " Listen listen" Nah bore off you misogynistic- over bearing- control freak.

3) I don't agree with people's assessment of Stephanie ( yes- she fupped up by not declaring her intentions -edging her bets and she thought she could keep Cabbage face on a back burner) But I genuinely think she missed him as soon as she got out and her feelings- once released- she could explore. So the look on her face was genuine. She actually said as much the day after that she really liked him. Will I lose any sleep over it? Nah- not in the least.Money talks so maybe she thought she would get extra exposure- who knows?

4) Audley- as diplomatic as ever. He cannot come out and really say what he thought of the rest of the house mates as it would sound like he was stooping to their lows. True gent and all round good egg.

5) Gary- It's clear -even when the house was empty- that he has problems and wasn't acting up. Shame on the rest of you. Only one true celebrity in that house and he won by a landslide and big UP to Gabrielle for speaking up for him and telling it how it was.
Great post Delta, could have posted that myself
Old 13-09-2014, 10:35 AM #14

Favourites (more):
I'maCeleb2014: Kendra Wilkinson
X Factor 2014: Andrea Faustini

Favourites (more):

So happy Gary won.
He & Audley were the only HM's who were true to themselves through the entire series.
Dee showed herself to be a total waste of a very large space. Bitter that Ricci or George did not win.
She made excuses for James's behaviour but nothing for Gary.
How this woman is still on television amazes me.
Gary was a class act until the end.
Tarryn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 10:41 AM #15

Quote:
My views.

Don't hold back say what you really mean! A brilliant win for Gary by the way, my favourite from day one. I don't think I would like to spend three weeks locked up with him though.
gibsonsg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 10:42 AM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonsg View Post
Don't hold back say what you really mean! A brilliant win for Gary by the way, my favourite from day one. I don't think I would like to spend three weeks locked up with him though.
You would if they paid you a hundred grand
Tarryn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 12:11 PM #17

The beauty of it is that Dee and James have come out even more hated than when they went in....

Poor old Gary...never said a bad word about any of those people...but they couldn't even applaud his win.
James saying we didn't go in to babysit...it's called helping a fellow housemate in need.

Gary and Audley....best result ever and two decent human beings.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 12:13 PM #18
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
The beauty of it is that Dee and James have come out even more hated than when they went in....

Poor old Gary...never said a bad word about any of those people...but they couldn't even applaud his win.
James saying we didn't go in to babysit...it's called helping a fellow housemate in need.

It was the perfect final two. I would have been happy with either of them winning. Two very lovely people.
Old 13-09-2014, 01:33 PM #19

You was spot on Delta.
Gary the right winner at last.
Patricia4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 01:38 PM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Second that a great and just result.
Mick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
night