Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 14-09-2014, 02:12 PM #26

I see the great and positive influence Gary has had - bodes well for us all.
Tip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 02:13 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamPRW View Post
I don't have a lack of understanding when it comes to that tyvm, i'm perfectly aware that old people have difficulties.

I think the problem is that people are painting Gary out to be this fragile old man when he's not, he was rolling around on the floor with the rest of them one day towards the end of the series, even with his knee brace on, people who need help to even get into the shower, can't do that.

I never once said i object to older people going onto the show did i? I simply said that no-one went in there to look after him, they aren't carers, nor did they sign up to be, Gary is way more capable that anyone is giving him credit for, people shouldn't have to be running round after him 24/7 in there, but they did go out of their way to help him, whether they disliked him or not, whether they bitched about him or not, it doesn't take away from them doing things for him when they didn't need to, but they did because they felt they had to.

Well James doesn't cook.... Nobody resented cooking for him.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 02:16 PM #28

Quote:
I don't have a lack of understanding when it comes to that tyvm, i'm perfectly aware that old people have difficulties.

I think the problem is that people are painting Gary out to be this fragile old man when he's not, he was rolling around on the floor with the rest of them one day towards the end of the series, even with his knee brace on, people who need help to even get into the shower, can't do that.

I never once said i object to older people going onto the show did i? I simply said that no-one went in there to look after him, they aren't carers, nor did they sign up to be, Gary is way more capable that anyone is giving him credit for, people shouldn't have to be running round after him 24/7 in there, but they did go out of their way to help him, whether they disliked him or not, whether they bitched about him or not, it doesn't take away from them doing things for him when they didn't need to, but they did because they felt they
had to.
No of course he isnt a frail old man, this is what I am saying, this is where they went wrong. They assumed they were better than him rather than look at the positive side of his personality they looked at the 70, his hearing and I have no doubt they were told he had had brain surgery. As we seek so shall we find. His hearing was the main problem.

I said in the beginning he knew what he was doing and he had them in the palm of his hands but, of course, it is a game and each had their own agenda. They chose the scenes. Things were pointed out and he repaired as I said. I went into a lot of vts his charity work, his shows, his chat shows, he is someone to be admired whether we like it or not. He is full of talent.
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 02:21 PM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia4 View Post
Nobody know's if this is true the vile gang had their head's together all the time talking about him I don't believe all the rubbish.I never saw any of them looking after Gary all they did was take the piss out of him one person that cared about him was Audley.

He probably had one or two accidents and they have just exaggerated. I am sure if he was that bad, he wouldn't have been allowed in there and I doubt his wife would have wanted those issues exposed if he was that vulnerable.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 02:21 PM #30

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules2 View Post
No of course he isnt a frail old man, this is what I am saying, this is where they went wrong. They assumed they were better than him rather than look at the positive side of his personality they looked at the 70, his hearing and I have no doubt they were told he had had brain surgery. As we seek so shall we find. His hearing was the main problem.

I said in the beginning he knew what he was doing and he had them in the palm of his hands but, of course, it is a game and each had their own agenda. They chose the scenes. Things were pointed out and he repaired as I said. I went into a lot of vts his charity work, his shows, his chat shows, he is someone to be admired whether we like it or not. He is full of talent.
But then from the other side, if they did nothing for him and told him to do everything for himself, they'd probably still be in the wrong for not helping him.

In my eyes i genuinely don't think that they saw him as 'below' themselves, they saw an old man, who might need help with things so they helped him without questioning it first, it's a natural reaction, if you see an older person walking down the street carrying something that looks heavy, you ask if they need any help, it's natural, i don't think they should be punished for just doing what everyone else would do.
It's not wanting to belittle someone or defame them, it just acknowledging that some old people may need help, whereas a lot of them don't, like Gary, he was capable of doing the majority of things for himself, but the things he couldn't or wouldn't do for himself, he needed a little nudge along in order for him to do so.

Last edited by Liam-; 14-09-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Liam- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 02:38 PM #31

Quote:
But then from the other side, if they did nothing for him and told him to do everything for himself, they'd probably still be in the wrong for not helping him.

In my eyes i genuinely don't think that they saw him as 'below' themselves, they saw an old man, who might need help with things so they helped him without questioning it first, it's a natural reaction, if you see an older person walking down the street carrying something that looks heavy, you ask if they need any help, it's natural, i don't think they should be punished for just doing what everyone else would do.
It's not wanting to belittle someone or defame them, it just acknowledging that some old people may need help, whereas a lot of them don't, like Gary, he was capable of doing the majority of things for himself, but the things he couldn't or wouldn't do for himself, he needed a little nudge along in order for him to do so.
James's constant public whining about Gary's lack of hygeine and telling the world he s**t on the toilet seat is attempting to belittle and defame him. A decent man would put it behind him and accept defeat. But James is only out for himself.

Despite the fact Gary did not say a bad word about him at his interview, which he would have been entitled to do, James still feels the need to attack him and humiliate him at every opportunity. Every time he opens that thin-lipped beak of his, more vile, bitter rubbish comes out of it. He is out to court publicity at all cost, and sadly at the expense of an old Hollywood legend.

But Gary beat him again, because he showed himself to have class in the things that matter and simply gave the vile James enough rope to hang himself.
sassysocks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 03:13 PM #32
0_o

0_o

“12 people can’t come out of the house and all say the same thing and be wrong. He’s a vile, vile human being. Fact.”

12 people didnt..as far as I am aware..only his group? I do not recall frenchie, kellie or claire saying anything bad...and Audley went into quite a bit of detail about how gary HAD changed his ways

Anyway, James is a monumental arsehole so I would never take what he said seriously really..especially when apparently his own wife said he bullied Gary and he still wont believe it
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 03:20 PM #33
User banned

User banned

james is an evil boring bigot
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 03:34 PM #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
james is an evil boring bigot
Well, that may be a little harsh. But there's an anger in him that shows in his eyes that seems even worse when he's smiling. I find him a scary person and would avoid him if I ever had the misfortune to be in his company.

Thankfully that is not likely to happen.
rosie1991 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 03:34 PM #35

Lets not forget that on the 2nd or 3rd day James twice made an implied threat of violence towards an elderly gentleman who was a visitor to this country. If you look at James face he was not joking it was meant as a threat.

He is a very sad person who will always be remembered for his horrible behaviours which he calls being honest and having humour. ? To coin an American phrase "What goes around comes around" Think on that James.
Mick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 03:43 PM #36

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
Oh well **** happens

I don't get how needing help like many older people do makes him a 'vile person'. Every time James opens his massive spoiled gob he just makes himself look a bigger tosser.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 03:48 PM #37

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
He has a point though, he wasn't in there to look after Gary, nor should he have been expected to, none of them should of had to deal with that.
Have you nor James never used a public toilet. Its a fact that a toilet used by many is seldom a delight.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
Old 14-09-2014, 03:49 PM #38

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
Have you nor James never used a public toilet. Its a fact that a toilet used by many is seldom a delight.
I would never step foot into a public toilet exactly for that reason
I can't speak for James though.

Last edited by Liam-; 14-09-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Liam- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 03:56 PM #39

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassysocks View Post
James should have left him alone and stopped doing everything is his power to undermine a brain-damaged old man. No one cares about his constant whining and wittering about hard done by he was. In the minds of decent people, James simply exposed the small-minded bully he is. His jealousy of Gary was a true measure of his own limited character.

Perhaps making an effort to find out how age and brain injury can affect a person and their abilities to carry out what are simple acts of cleanliness when we are young, might not go amiss. Not legally requiring a carer does not mean that an elderly person does not still find such activies difficult. You clearly demonstrate a complete inabilty to understand that.

If you object to old people who find this difficult going into bb, maybe you should voice that opinon to bb and attempt to encourage them to disciminate against old people and keep the show simply for the plastic, brain-dead rubbish from Towie and Geordie Shaw. I think far more people would be offended by that!

― Richard Dawkins
Old 14-09-2014, 04:00 PM #40

Favourites (more):
BBUSA17: John

Favourites (more):
BBUSA17: John

“I’m not a baby sitter and I’m not a nurse and I’m not qualified to deal with those sorts of situations,” he added."

You are qualified because you will end up doing it in life for one of your family. Seems like James thinks he's above helping out the elderly.
SocietyIsRuined is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 04:04 PM #41

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt View Post
'The former Strictly professional dancer revealed how he was forced to act like a carer to Gary, 70 – including clearing up his excrement.

“I think the way it was edited, the public saw him as a fun Hollywood superstar that’s a little bit eccentric, feeling sorry for him because people bullied him – that was not the case,” he told the Daily Star Online in an exclusive chat.

“12 people can’t come out of the house and all say the same thing and be wrong. He’s a vile, vile human being. Fact.”

He continued: “When I took him for a shower I saw parts of his body that no young man should have to see, especially when they’re not your family.

“Wiping his s*** off the toilet seat after he’s been to the toilet, and then he’s sitting at the table with s*** on his hands and you have to tell him to go and wash them.

“I’m not a baby sitter and I’m not a nurse and I’m not qualified to deal with those sorts of situations,” he added."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/big-br...le-human-being

He doesn't let up, does he??
The knob didn't have to do those things,and what does he think he will see when he takes someone for a shower!!!! I DONT BELIEVE HE DID THAT ANYWAY,Gary was quite capable of showering according to that hilarious gif doing the rounds,lol, James pretended to be caring to curry favour with the public,unfortunately for him his uncaring arrogant side won over all the time,bitter loser,bitter person,bitter lemon.James and The Daily Star sounds about right ,both full of shyte.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 04:06 PM #42

Quote:

We are going to have to disagree on this one Liam, why are they being punished, they are punishing themselves. Dee and James had an oppourtunity to let things stay in the house. They didnt they brought it out at BBOTS. Dee's behaviour was disgusting, the pair of them are still carrying on.

He didnt need help, he slipped up, was asked to better himself and he did. Who else slipped up, mm let me think .... See what you are really saying is that Stephanie and James were right to say he should be in a dog kennel, that meant that they thought he was a lesser subject, there are so many things if we go back over. Babysitter, carers etc. etc. Not a good example for Ricci's children (when he has them) so was Ricci climbing all over a middleaged woman a good example? I was ok with him until he said that. The insults which have been given, so they are ok? We try and bring people down because it makes us feel better, it makes us forget our own inadequacies. Mind you as we get older we learn that it isnt right and we accept that we are as good as anybody, we then learn empathy.

Gary really put James in his place but James couldnt take it, he went into the DR the eyes and ears of the public, he declared that Audley, Kellie and Gary were .... cant remember his exact words but they meant that they were below him, why should he take any notice, how dare BB do such a thing! He could not and still does not take criticism.

There is so much Liam, I am of the older generation and to me it has been very ageist, this is borne out by the fact that it was ok for George to bear his bottom but not for Gary. So many other things and I object. You are a young man and I feel you want to stand up against us. On the other hand your grandad is a lucky chappie to have such a lovely grandson.

Re the elderly, not everyone appreciates the help and most would like to ask for it first, when others take over it can be seen as patronising. One has to be very careful there because not everyone has a sense of humour. I remember someone asking my husband if he wanted a seat (I was sat down on a side seat) he refused but I made everyone laugh as I looked up and said "there it shows you are getting old). Well in my books a laugh a day keeps the doctor away. Anyway love you have fun, we will never agree on this one. I never argued over Helen I stood up for Chris but I couldnt stand Helen and didnt think she should have won.

Before I close I will say that I have grandchildren and they treasure me, I feel well blessed, I understand the young but sometimes it is hard for the young to understand the old. For mine we are all the same young and old and we work together.

Last edited by Jules2; 14-09-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 04:27 PM #43

I have another view of Gary being accused of pushing Lauren out of the way which wasn't thought of by those oh so quick to accuse him of nearly everything, hadn't thought of.

He had a knee brace and when his knee joint became out of its place, he would have been in agony and needed to sit down as soon as he could to take the weight off it and replace the brace correctly.

I have a really bad back and after a while need to sit down, even on strong painkillers and when it becomes unbearable, it is hard not to panic to reach the nearest chair. I think Lauren was in his way, his first thought was to ease the pain and I can see that this is what he did and Lauren was pushed to the side.

But not in the book of the other horrible housemates, oh he pushed a woman, how rude. I back Gary totally as he apologised afterwards when his pain eased, Lauren agreed but James, Edelle and Dee kept on and on.

I found Dee, James, Edelle and George to be the most selfish people I have ever seen and I hope they get their fair share of criticism out of the house.

Last edited by poppsywoppsy; 14-09-2014 at 04:28 PM.
poppsywoppsy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 04:37 PM #44
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppsywoppsy View Post
I have another view of Gary being accused of pushing Lauren out of the way which wasn't thought of by those oh so quick to accuse him of nearly everything, hadn't thought of.

He had a knee brace and when his knee joint became out of its place, he would have been in agony and needed to sit down as soon as he could to take the weight off it and replace the brace correctly.

I have a really bad back and after a while need to sit down, even on strong painkillers and when it becomes unbearable, it is hard not to panic to reach the nearest chair. I think Lauren was in his way, his first thought was to ease the pain and I can see that this is what he did and Lauren was pushed to the side.

But not in the book of the other horrible housemates, oh he pushed a woman, how rude. I back Gary totally as he apologised afterwards when his pain eased, Lauren agreed but James, Edelle and Dee kept on and on.

I found Dee, James, Edelle and George to be the most selfish people I have ever seen and I hope they get their fair share of criticism out of the house.
Those four are truly the scum of the earth.
Old 14-09-2014, 04:43 PM #45

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamski94 View Post
It wouldnt surprise me if james **** on the toilet to blame gary
Sorry Adamski - But all of James **** spews out of his mouth. Why I bet he even has brown smears on that flesh-pink lip gloss he wears, vile bastard.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 04:45 PM #46

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules2 View Post
We are going to have to disagree on this one Liam, why are they being punished, they are punishing themselves. Dee and James had an oppourtunity to let things stay in the house. They didnt they brought it out at BBOTS. Dee's behaviour was disgusting, the pair of them are still carrying on.

He didnt need help, he slipped up, was asked to better himself and he did. Who else slipped up, mm let me think .... See what you are really saying is that Stephanie and James were right to say he should be in a dog kennel, that meant that they thought he was a lesser subject, there are so many things if we go back over. Babysitter, carers etc. etc. Not a good example for Ricci's children (when he has them) so was Ricci climbing all over a middleaged woman a good example? I was ok with him until he said that. The insults which have been given, so they are ok? We try and bring people down because it makes us feel better, it makes us forget our own inadequacies. Mind you as we get older we learn that it isnt right and we accept that we are as good as anybody, we then learn empathy.

Gary really put James in his place but James couldnt take it, he went into the DR the eyes and ears of the public, he declared that Audley, Kellie and Gary were .... cant remember his exact words but they meant that they were below him, why should he take any notice, how dare BB do such a thing! He could not and still does not take criticism.

There is so much Liam, I am of the older generation and to me it has been very ageist, this is borne out by the fact that it was ok for George to bear his bottom but not for Gary. So many other things and I object. You are a young man and I feel you want to stand up against us. On the other hand your grandad is a lucky chappie to have such a lovely grandson.

Re the elderly, not everyone appreciates the help and most would like to ask for it first, when others take over it can be seen as patronising. One has to be very careful there because not everyone has a sense of humour. I remember someone asking my husband if he wanted a seat (I was sat down on a side seat) he refused but I made everyone laugh as I looked up and said "there it shows you are getting old). Well in my books a laugh a day keeps the doctor away. Anyway love you have fun, we will never agree on this one. I never argued over Helen I stood up for Chris but I couldnt stand Helen and didnt think she should have won.

Before I close I will say that I have grandchildren and they treasure me, I feel well blessed, I understand the young but sometimes it is hard for the young to understand the old. For mine we are all the same young and old and we work together.
Old 14-09-2014, 04:47 PM #47

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
The knob didn't have to do those things,and what does he think he will see when he takes someone for a shower!!!! I DONT BELIEVE HE DID THAT ANYWAY,Gary was quite capable of showering according to that hilarious gif doing the rounds,lol, James pretended to be caring to curry favour with the public,unfortunately for him his uncaring arrogant side won over all the time,bitter loser,bitter person,bitter lemon.James and The Daily Star sounds about right ,both full of shyte.
Old 14-09-2014, 04:51 PM #48

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie1991 View Post
Well, that may be a little harsh. But there's an anger in him that shows in his eyes that seems even worse when he's smiling. I find him a scary person and would avoid him if I ever had the misfortune to be in his company.

Thankfully that is not likely to happen.

I'm older than him but would love the chance to be in a toilet with him with no witnesses. I swear I would make this vile immature bully dance - to my tune.
Old 14-09-2014, 04:51 PM #49
🌈 silly cow 🌈

🌈 silly cow 🌈

And how many times did James tell Gary that he loved him in the house? Disgusting, 2-faced ****
Jase. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 04:52 PM #50

Favourites:
CBB 12: Courtney Stodden

Favourites:
CBB 12: Courtney Stodden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt View Post
'The former Strictly professional dancer revealed how he was forced to act like a carer to Gary, 70 – including clearing up his excrement.

“I think the way it was edited, the public saw him as a fun Hollywood superstar that’s a little bit eccentric, feeling sorry for him because people bullied him – that was not the case,” he told the Daily Star Online in an exclusive chat.

He continued: “When I took him for a shower I saw parts of his body that no young man should have to see, especially when they’re not your family.

“Wiping his s*** off the toilet seat after he’s been to the toilet, and then he’s sitting at the table with s*** on his hands and you have to tell him to go and wash them.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/big-br...le-human-being

He doesn't let up, does he??
I bought the paper today and in gary's interview he said that every housemate was rude towards him but james and george was the worst.

And gary says I wasn't rude - they were rude to me. james and george especially. they were a tandem team of rudeness every day.

If this the case is only audley was not rude towards him according to gary.

Can't find it on line by the way.

Last edited by waylander1973; 14-09-2014 at 05:01 PM. Reason: re-wording
waylander1973 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cbb, gary, human, james, jordan, knife, sticks, vile, winner